Old 01-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 187/173/125

Height: 5'6"

Twirlandswirl: I'm originally from Abington, MA which is just about 10 minutes South of Boston and I'm getting married at Lombardo's in Randolph, MA. Are you from MA as well? Or are you getting married in MA?
leanmoomercows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #107  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Just wanted to pop in and say "hi" to our newcomers! Your dress and rings are so beautiful. nicolby, your lcoation sounds great. It's awesome that your family is being so genreous and helpful!

We finally booked our officiant. He's a judge, says he's been doing weddings since 1984, seems like a very pleasant, agreeable and easy to work with individual. He has a standard ceremony that he performs, but he is also open to letting us write out own ceremony/vows, include whatever readings or music we'd like. I got a bunch of books from the library about preparing the ceremony, and there are so many options! I'm looking forward to creating something short and sweet, but nice and personalized. Our goal is to have the ceremony be 30 min or less.

We want to include each of our parents in doing a reading, but we'd like to pick the readings. DF's dad would really like to read the Ana BeKoach and make a copy (bound in a nice cover) for each guest. We're going to say no, but I'll leave that to my DF. Just hope he doesn't take it personally. It would just be weird to have this kabalistic prayer thrown in there when we want to keep the service very secular. We're having a few visual, symbolic traditions borrowed from the Jewish faith, but they are ones I can connect to a larger humanistic context and like the idea of them. Other than that we'd kind of like to keep religion out of it for a number of reason.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:45 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Shan- we are also trying to avoid being too religious and making guests of other faiths uncomfortable. I don't want my wedding to look like it was outfitted at a Christian bookstore just because our families are Catholic. We did go with the Catholic wedding Mass, which covers the religious portion of the programming. I think of it as the separation of Church and reception I wish you luck- this is always a tricky area!

Lean- I did see the lace- the lines are very similar between our two dresses, though. I love yours! Lace makes me look like a chubby dwarf for some reason.
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #109  
Determined

S/C/G: 260/266/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanmoomercows View Post
Twirlandswirl: I'm originally from Abington, MA which is just about 10 minutes South of Boston and I'm getting married at Lombardo's in Randolph, MA. Are you from MA as well? Or are you getting married in MA?
Sorry for the wait... my mom is from Danvers and I spent every summer there growing up!
twirlandswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #110  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Wedding plans are coming along, I got my invitations sent out yesterday... they are beautiful! I am so pleased with how they turned out, really! I also just ordered all of my silk flowers, and I can't wait to start making all of my arrangements!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg final_photo.jpg (42.4 KB, 18 views)
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #111  
Powered by tofu

rakel - Your invites are beautiful! You designed them yourself, no?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #112  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

I did! I had a friend print them up for me -- silkscreen actually. I'm doing a lot of things myself -- everything but the photography and catering . I made up my bridesmaids bouquets tonight (sans ribbon and other finishing touches that I need to purchase tomorrow)... (see picture attached). I'm actually having a lot of fun with these! I made my hair comb too... no photo of that yet though. I'll get one soon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bridesmaids2.jpg (30.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg bridesmaids3.jpg (29.9 KB, 7 views)
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #113  

Rakel- I love peonies! Gorgeous! The "in body/in spirit" response is darling!

Well, just a little over six weeks to go and I'll officially be a Mrs. So far, so calm. We receive response cards daily. I wish we had them all so I could get the seating chart made and the placecards printed. Then I'd be done!

Oh, and I have an offer on the table to start a great new job, so I may be adding "new job" to my list of excitements! I am human Prozac... aaah!
Old 02-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #114  
Determined

Okay, so get this.

THE CHURCH CANCELED MY DATE!

We had to reschedule.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #115  
Powered by tofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by twirlandswirl View Post
Okay, so get this.

THE CHURCH CANCELED MY DATE!

We had to reschedule.
Holy crap, they can do that?!

Our invites have been sent out for proofs, we're looking to have those out by mid-March. This thing is coming so much faster the closer it gets to the date! I have way too much going on with work (planning events) for the next month or so, but things should slow down a little after that so I can focus more on my own event!
Old 02-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #116  
Determined

Apparently... we're now getting married February 7, 2009. I'm trying to look at it as getting to marry my love a week early... but it's hard.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #117  

Ah, Twirly!  I hope all goes well for you!  Our priest (and good friend of my family) had a quadruple bypass this past Friday!  I'm not sure what concerns me more: his health or the fact that he still insists on performing the ceremony.  Aaaah!
I have to pass along a FIND:  Merry Modes, Inc. in NJ makes a slip/strapless bra that is perfect for my dress.  Style 9600 is keeping everything where it belongs on the day of my wedding!  What a reflief, since the diet has been more or less chucked out the window!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:07 AM   #118