Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #151  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Welcome, Dina, and congratulations!

Lafayette, I'm so glad that everything was perfect! Send some of that good ju-ju around, will ya

Things are moving along.... my dress came in a couple of weeks ago, but I have yet to go inspect it. Things have just been so busy and I would like to have someone come with me as well.

We took our engagement pics on Sunday. It was a GORGEOUS day and we did it all over downtown. We lucked out because the previous weekend there was a hockey playoff game, a baseball game, and a convention. This weekend there was NO ONE around. It was nice and quiet so we could get some shots in the middle of the street. Actually, we noticed several other couples doing their pics as well and it made us feel slightly cliche... I hold that we were having the most fun, though We should get the proofs today and I will post some up!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Dina- great deal on the couture dress!

Jen- I only send good ju-ju

We still haven't done our engagement pics so I have time to lose some weight. (We skipped them because I was recovering from surgery.) I'm struggling with being back on the diet this week. I have pears, apples, cashews, oatmeal, whole grain bread... I just have to stay away from the pizza parlor next door to my office!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #153  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I don't think we'll do any engagement pics or announcements or anything like that. Can't wait to see your proofs, junebug--sounds like you had a lot of fun!

I think I'm happy with the idea of an amusement park wedding. Most parks have private picnic/event areas you can rent out, and then it would still be fun for everyone. Even if people (like my mother) don't like to go on rides, so many parks have lots of shops and other cool stuff. Busch Gardens is especially good for this, so that's an option (Williamsburg, VA). We also briefly discussed Sea World, but we're not sure we want to do Florida, so we'll see. I'll have to do some research on cool parks east of the Mississippi I bet we could get a cool wedding shot on a carousel--that would be cute. We'll have to pick a fun photographer.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #154  

There are several nice amusement parks in Ohio, too. I think it sounds like a fun wedding!
Old 04-19-2008, 09:47 PM   #155  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
There are several nice amusement parks in Ohio, too. I think it sounds like a fun wedding!
Funny you should mention Ohio--before I even read your post, Jeff and I have decided to go to Ohio in the fall to check out Cedar Point and the Kalahari Resort near there. As of right now, that's our front runner for location. Being right on Lake Erie, we are thinking a lakeside ceremony location, then just a big meal at a nice restaurant--possibly a morning ceremony followed by a nice brunch, then off to the park. To save a few bucks, I know my family will be willing to stay in a suite at the Kalahari Resort--they have suites that sleep up to 12 people. I would assume that would be cheaper than sleeping 12 people all in individual 2-person rooms. Jeff and I are planning to go check everything out in October, which I'm looking forward to in itself since we've NEVER been on a trip before that didn't involve visiting family.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:46 AM   #156  

Jilly- Make sure you get a room for just the two of you! Even if you don't plan on a wild honeymoon night, you will really appreciate the time together without all the noise and chaos

We made it a point to intersperse our wedding day plans with scheduled breaks for just the two of us. I think that's the reason why I was so calm and happy!
Old 04-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #157  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
Jilly- Make sure you get a room for just the two of you!
Oh, absolutely! I meant the 12-person suite for my family--us not included. Oh no, for us, they offer a king room with a large whirpool jacuzzi IN the room right next to the bed, a fireplace, and a private balcony. I love my family, but not enough to share space--or even walls--with them on my wedding night
Old 04-21-2008, 11:36 PM   #158  

Smart woman!!! We stayed on a locked club floor at our hotel, just in case my brothers got any practical joke ideas.

If I can derail the wedding discussion for a moment, how is South Beach working for you?
Old 04-22-2008, 05:59 AM   #159  
Eating for two!

South Beach works great when I actually stick to it I've sort of restarted as of yesterday because the Biggest Loser challenge here on 3FC started, but I'm not doing Phase 1 again because I now have high blood pressure, and I tend to eat more high-sodium processed meats when I'm in Phase 1 (but that's because I'm a picky eater, not because the diet tells me to eat processed stuff ).
Old 04-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone! I'm new here but thought this group would be somewhat appropriate. I've got some time to go - June 27th, 2009 - but like the idea of being able to share in the crazy bride-to-be syndrome with some fellow ladies.

well actually I'd like to avoid the crazy bride-to-be syndrome alltogether, but we'll see how that goes when it gets closer to the date.

My goal: lose 15-20 lbs by end of June because somehow looking good in a skirt this summer is more important to me right now then looking good in a white dress next year.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #161  
Eating for two!

Welcome, prepping! I've got lots of time, too. We're thinking of a fall 2009 or spring 2010 wedding--no date set yet.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:13 AM   #162  

The key to avoid being crazy the day of the wedding is to simply decide you're not going to get mad/be crazy. So many stupid, crazy, and flat-out ludicrous things happened surrounding our wedding... I just decided to deal with it later or not deal with it at all. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy to ignore some of the stuff! Still, it was my wedding day and I just didn't want to allow someone else to interfere with my happiness.

Also, I turned off my cell phone on the day before our wedding (before the rehearsal) and kept it off until we got back from our honeymoon. Everyone magically found the answers they needed elsewhere
Old 05-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #163  

How's everyone doing? My diet is derailed almost daily by the pizza shop next door to my office!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #164  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Jill- that sounds like a great idea to do the wedding at a theme/amusement park! Everyone would have a blast!

Lafayette- I don't know what I would do if I lived or worked next to a pizza parlor. Heaven forbid.

Well, I got the call of the year yesterday... apparently my wedding coordinator through the hotel was fired and I was given a new coordinator. The old coordinator had done NOTHING as far as making the necessary arrangements- she hadn't entered our menu, charged our deposit, made the necessary room blocks, or anything else that she should have had done 3.5 months before the wedding! I'm livid!!!

The upside: The new coordinator is based in Denver, about a mile from my house. They also waved the ceremony fee ($500) and the rehearsal dinner room fee ($500). I'm going to see what else I can rack up...

I am trying to post my engagement pics, but they are not shareable They turned out ok- I'm still working off my 10 lb re-gain and Ross looks half stoned in most of them. He's like Chandler Bing in that Friends episode where him and Monica are taking engagement pictures and when he has to smile he looks ridiculous...
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #165  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

So, I'm new to the whole thread-posting thing. BUT I am engaged & we sort of have a date set for August 1, 2009.

I'm Melissa, my fiance is Charles. I have 2 daughters from a previous relationship that less than worked out.

We're just waiting to see when the girls biological father will sign over paternity (hopefully he will, long horrible story), then we'll have a date set for sure & everyones (except his) will change! It's rather exciting, I can't wait until our wedding/adoption day!

Charles & I both consider ourselves artists. I am a pregnancy/ newborn/ GLBT photographer. Attempting to carve my own niche in the midwest. We're going to be difficult & actually end up taking our own engagement photographs!

I have a weight loss goal of 80 pounds to lose. I've lost about 11 so far in the past month & I'm gonna just keep on truckin!

I look forward to meeting everyone!
ASHmomma is offline   Reply With Quote