Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:53 PM   #31  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Borntofly
I wanted to say that is a great pic.

Faerie
You know, sometimes you just have to blow your own horn.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #32  
mamamona

S/C/G: 180/172/130

Height: 5-1

Good evening all!
Born, I love that pumkin picture. Who's that little girl bending down in front?Looks like the back of my kids head.
I think I could lose 50lbs and my husband might not notice. I always joke that I could dye my hair blonde (I'm brunette) and it would take him 2 weeks to notice lol.
Faerie, 60lbs is a lot of weight. You should be tooting a big horn. I don't see how anyone can not notice a 60lb weight loss, they must be blind. Think about how much healthier you are. 10% significantly reduces your risk for many ailments. I have a strong hx of diabetes in my family so that's another reason for me to get healthy.
Everybody have a good night. My hubby just got back from the UK game...yes, he went without me.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #33  
Made of Starstuff

Thanks Shy & Mama! *toot toot!* I feel healthier by far! It's sad to remember how I could barely climb stairs, and how achey my knees would be sometimes. All is not completely better, but the difference is amazing And knowing that just taking off this much has reduced my risk even the tiniest bit of certain diseases is great!

Checklist:
Food -
Exercise -
Water -

G'night all!!!

Last edited by Lovely; 11-06-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:32 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 231/160

Height: 5ft 5"

Dear Shy moment, how funny that you mention delivery, here is a good story for you:

August 27 2006 11PM
I was having contractions and begged my hubby (Alex) to take me to the hospital where I was supposed to deliver. As a former member of the US Navy I had no choice but to deliver at Naval Medical Center San Diego. My mom was here to help with my baby girl so all 3 of us piled in the car with the car seat, overnight bags and were on our way. When I got to Labor and delivery they checked my cervix and said I was not having the baby for another week (I was already 5 days late). Tey told us I was having Braxton Hicks, to go home and rest.

1145 PM We get home and my pains continue (as they said they would) so I did not worry (because a COMMANDER told me I was ok) I tried to sleep on the bed but could not lay down so Alex and I crashed on our sectional.

August 28 2006 4AM
I got up cause I felt I had to go poo really bad but my knees gave out and I was laying in the living room floor, I felt wet and my pains were still pretty bad. That's when I told Alex to call 911

30 minutes later....

911 Operator guided my husband thrugh the delivery of our gorgeous daughter. My daugther was born 3 minutes befor the paramedics got there, I thank GOD every day she was a healthy newborn and I had no complications.

So believe me when I tell you...WE got prego lol
Old 11-07-2007, 07:40 AM   #35  
Made of Starstuff

Oh my gosh Mamichula ^^ What a story to tell the daughter! SO glad there were no complications. And the husband really had a hands on role in the delivery!

Although I can't believe it would take 30 minutes for the paramedics to arrive!

Last edited by Lovely; 11-07-2007 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:42 AM   #36  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone, we are slowy getting closer to the weekend woo woo!

Shy congrats on the weight loss!

Born that is a really nice picture! and you are smiling and not running away from the camera *LOL*

thinchicsoon and mamichula0633

Faerie you are still alive!!! And 60 pounds down that is amazing, you should be so proud of yourself! Lets have some cake to celebrate...oh wait that is what got me here in the first place....nevermind *LOL*

lostchic, good for you having small piece of cake and then eating veggies! Good willpower!

I am having another good week, my eating is good, getting in my exercise so I am feeling happy with myself so far!

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:06 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamona View Post
Good evening all!
Born, I love that pumkin picture. Who's that little girl bending down in front?Looks like the back of my kids head.
I think I could lose 50lbs and my husband might not notice. I always joke that I could dye my hair blonde (I'm brunette) and it would take him 2 weeks to notice lol.
Faerie, 60lbs is a lot of weight. You should be tooting a big horn. I don't see how anyone can not notice a 60lb weight loss, they must be blind. Think about how much healthier you are. 10% significantly reduces your risk for many ailments. I have a strong hx of diabetes in my family so that's another reason for me to get healthy.
Everybody have a good night. My hubby just got back from the UK game...yes, he went without me.
She is one of my cousins little girl. My sister and I took her to the pumpkin farm and a petting zoo one day. Her and I get along great. I can't wait to have kids of my own one day. Here is a better pic of her and I. It's from a halloween party.

Last edited by Smiling_Sara; 11-07-2007 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #38  

and thanks everyone for the nice comments on the pumpkin picture...we had a great time.

Hope everyone had a great night, I just got back from my workout since I knew I wasn't going to be home tonight for it.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:10 AM   #39  

dang, how come that pic turned out so big? lol anyone know how I can make it smaller?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:18 AM   #40  

Hi all, a newbie here...I joined on Monday - the first day of actively trying to lose weight. I know I am not alone when I say that I've struggled for years with my weight.. up and down, up and down. After getting married in June - I let myself go and ate what I wanted and stopped exercising so yep you know how the story goes......
So I am back to the gym and watching what I eat
After reading through the posts I have been looking through my wedding photos - I really am not photogenic (not sure if thats how you spell it!) - I lost weight / toned up for my wedding but when I look back now I'm still not happy !
Why isn't there a magic wand ????
Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #41  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies

TheFlock24 ~ Welcome!! We are a great group who give and receive lots of support. Stay around and enjoy!!

Born to Fly ~ What an AWESOME pic of you and your niece.

Shimmeringsun ~ It's so nice to hear someone say they are "Happy with myself"... Keep up the good work!!

Mamichula ~ What an amazing story to share with your daughter. HUGE kudos to you and your hubby for a successful delivery. I'm wondering too, where the heck were the paramedics???

Faerie ~ You should definately toot your own horn!! Afterall, who are we doing this for?? OURSELVES!!!! Don't be sad remembering "back when".... just go forward remembering you never want to feel that way again!!

I gotta say... if I got down 60 lbs. and people didn't notice I would put a freakin' sign on my forehead to announce it!! I guess it probably depends on how much you have to lose in total but STILL!!!

Shy ~ I understand people saying "we" got pregnant and my hubby definately did his share during the pregnancy rubbing lotion on my belly every night so I wouldn't get stretch marks (didn't work btw), tieing my shoes when I couldn't reach, squeezing over to the edge of the bed every night cuz having that huge body length bed pillow in the bed with me was more important than him (lol), blah, blah, blah.... BUT I'm with you about the delivery. There is no way in **** he could have carried that baby OR handled the delivery!! Puuulease... he would have been begging us to kill him at the first contraction as I'm sure most of our hubbies would have!! I did it with no drugs and I felt so incredibly empowered when it was all over. I was amazed at the whole process.
We are women, hear us roar!!!

Mamamona ~ You are so right to take care of your health BEFORE you get diabetes with the strong family history. Good for you!!

Have a great day ladies ~ I'll check in later.

Last edited by OneLastTime; 11-07-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:28 AM   #42  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

LOL I still say some of us were very lucky to have our husband join in the event of expecting our children but they were never prego lol. My children's father just about delivered her in the car. I was at the hospital 5 min lol. Great stories everyone.

Welcome
The flock
Old 11-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #43  
Made of Starstuff

Shimmering - Heck yeah we're getting closer to the weekend!

Born- What an absolute CUTIE!!! Omgosh what curly hair ^^ (And such a beauty holding her, too!)

And Flock to our little flock! ^^ Looking good in pictures actually takes practice as strange as it seems. I've got a very pretty friend who just is not photogenic. It's the weirdest thing!

Last edited by Lovely; 11-07-2007 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:24 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 231/160

Height: 5ft 5"

Thank you all for your comment, it will be a great story to tell my daughter some day.

As I read your comments about pictures I remember my own aversion towards them. I take pictures when I go out with friends and that's it! I hate it when my husband takes pics of me just lounging and without make up.

THEFLOCK24: I know what you mean, I don't take pretty pictures too often either. I got friends that turn and smile and bam! amazing pics, but if I'm not careful with my angles, my double chin pops outta nowhere! lol

As I read posts about pictures I realize the truth as one member said, "you gotta get in the picture when it comes to your kids, otherwise you will have no memories with them.
_______________________________*************______ _____________

Well yesterday I went to the gym and tried a group exercise called Zumba, it's a bunch of latin dances put together with aerobics, it was awsome! I guess I like Group Exercise because I want to show all the small girls that I can do it too (and the pressure af all the girls looking keeps me from quitting)
How do you guys deal with the gym? do people look at you funny or is it just me? Anyone with a gym horror story? lol
Old 11-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #45  

thanks for the welcome everyone.
I've got 20 mins before I'm off to the gym - my arms / back / legs are aching already from yesterday's class!
Wish me luck.... catch up tomorrow.
Closed Thread