Royal Procession of the Merry Court towards Winter Solstice and the Festive Season

You're on Page 7 of 11
Go to
  • Of course it's a real holiday, Arabella. when we're Royal, we can make any day a holiday. And lots of them. Boxing Day in my house was always celebrated as the Feast of Stephen as that was DHs name day.

Congrats too on your girl, ceara. Makes it all worthwhile, no.

Thanks for the good thoughts wsw. sounds like your life is going better lately.

Yes, I'm healing. It's going well, though restrictive. Can't wear contact lenses, tie shoes, wear bra, etc, etc. But all in all, could be worse. And time passes. Not able to read well (because of getting positioning right) is m y biggest disappointment so far. But pleased with progress and taking in lots of tv. Trying to make the Royal Most of it all

Messiah always sounds so lovely...........
  • anagram-so glad you are healing well. not being able to do some of the basics you described while you are healing, though, must be very frustrating. your queenly attitude is----well, queenly.
  • Anagram! Glad to hear you are progressing.... the not being able to read must be misery but I am hoping that will pass soon.....
    We missed you!

Ceara! Congrats on best in show....! Exciting!

Woodnymph!! Concert well done! Good for you!

Wsw! Trudging is very respectable and inspiring too!

Empress! to both, diet woman and the novice.... learning, learning, we learn by doing!

That enormous noise you heard was not an earthquake or sonic boom but me falling mightily off the wagon...

I will spare the details....
    Yes, it was sugar related.....

And I will suffer tomorrow for sure.....
    But,

Learning by doing......

So, I will readjust the tiara and go forward....

Onward...

whatever....

• Onward!

I think I'm suffering a little post-Messiah let-down. Couldn't get out of my own way all day yesterday. Didn't exercise. And then, in the afternoon, OH how the sugar called to me. I'm sure it was just having some in my system from the dinner the night before -- oh, and probably also having The Messiah done. Wow. I knew that sugar was powerful but ... wow. It was tooth-and-nail and nip-and-tuck all afternoon. I found myself thinking, yes, this really is an addiction, isn't it. I guess the reason it's not usually that hard is that I usually give in Problem solved!

Ok, so now I know all that I know that I'm going to have to get enough going on today that I'm not easy prey for the Seriously, that way lies misery. And I know it. I kept telling myself all afternoon that if I successfully fought the off I'd be that much stronger next time. I guess it's true.

Oh, lights flickering -- going to post and come back.
  • Onward!
    I've been feeling like hibernating since the concert. If only! I'd probably be slender by spring. But I can't so have to push self up out of rut and onward.

I hopped off the wagon yesterday. After my valiant and successful fight of the day before. I think then I was expecting to feel enthusiastic yesterday and when that didn't happen... Ka-thunk! Off the wagon. Working myself around to a better mood and 'tude today. Really, it's not so bad!

I was offline most of yesterday, courtesy of the storm. But here's what I saved:

So we're supposed to have a lot of snow and cold weather this year. I believe it! We had no more than a flake or two of snow before December and now we're on our second snow storm. It's pretty out there and only around the freezing mark but wild. I'd better finish and get out of here. Hate to lose a post!

Kaylets, I love the image of you adjusting your tiara, raising chin and sweeping regally onward. Kudos! That's what we've got to do

WSW, thanks for "seeing" me at the concert. That means a lot, to have my sweet Royal friend in the crowd. At the concert, I felt a spirit come up to me and thought it was DH's mom. And then my mom, who was physically in the audience said that she felt Kate's presence throughout the performance, as if she was sitting with them.

Anagram, that is the ly attitude! Gosh, attitude really is everything. That's very inspiring! I've got nothing much holding me back but a less than queenly state of mind, so I'd better adjust tiara and attitude and make something of my day instead of floundering.

I remember the Feast of Stephen!

Going to see if i can post now... I've saved to file though so you won't have to do without my immortal words should the connection be gone. Let's make this a good one!

• Ah, Wise Regal queen - smart enough to Save - something I should remember to do.

Things about same. Reading a tad more - going to look for other glasses in a minute. See if that helps. Probably not. Progress, progress but slow, slow. Our snow was pretty yesterday and not enough to last too long. Maybe until the day after tomorrow. Of course I have not been out in it.

Seeing surgeon tomorrow so decided to be laid back about it all today because I'm sure tomorrow will bring some changes. Good ones, I hope.

Forgive lack of more personal notations. Typing still a real problem.
  • Not letting it go

Just back from WI where I found I have squoze off another half- Well, I'd love to be really motoring along but even getting anything off is progress in this, the traditional "let it go till after Christmas" food fest. AND I get to, finally, finally move that ticker.

I know full well that if I don't concentrate now I'll end up fatter after Christmas. Just in time for our company meetings
    And I CAN step it up and lose more. All I have to do is make more of an effort -- get that little bit more exercise every day, watch portion sizes, etc.

Tonight's DH's office party. It's not too bad, usually enough good options for dinner -- chicken, salad, etc -- that as long as I forego the bread and dessert (which I WILL) I'll be ok. Then Sunday is our family Christmas party. Think I'll take veggies and hummus. Not the most thrilling but healthy and if I take them then I can count on them. Then Wednesday is choir reception, Thursday is writing group potluck and next Sunday... It's really an awful lot like a minefield full of rum balls and truffles...

Anagram, hope your visit to the surgeon brings all good things! I've got my first physical in ... I don't know how long on Monday. I'll be glad to have that over with.

Our snow seems destined to stick around. Minus 11 an hour or so ago and I'm sure it was colder than that earlier, when we were out. I've ordered a quilted, hooded coat and a pair of high shearling boots. I WILL be warm! I know I'll be able to get myself out for extra walks more easily if I know I'll be able to be comfy. It sure gets breezy -- ha! -- around the harbour.

K, Dollings, 'tis Friday and I've got oompteen things to do. Love to all (where ever you are!). Let's make this a good one!

• I'm excited!
    It was really fun moving that ticker. Amazing how a single pound can seem so momentous. Nevertheless, I've lost over 10 pounds in the past six months and I could easily have gone further than that in the other direction.

Aaaaannnd... drumroll, please -- I tried on a pair of "new" jeans that weren't close to fitting before and got into them WITHOUT the shoe horn. Admittedly, they're snug. But a few deep-knee bends and they'll be swell. They're a nice dark pair in a size 15. I'm thrilled!

Truthfully, I had more pasta than usual last night and some parmesan and I'd been thinking I'd end up skipping WI this morning So this is all like a bonus, but very encouraging! Huzzah!

• Blast from the past...
    Hello, my long lost friends! I am actually seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. (literally! I've had both my eyes fixed--cataracts removed--and am thrilled at how much I can now see...and amazed at what I couldn't see before!)

Saturday morning, bright and early, I will be taking my certification exam for medical coding and then...then! I can get my life back. No more Time to get the Christmas train rolling and especially time to get back in here regularly and time to get back into the serious business of self improvement.

I've missed you all terribly and can't wait to catch up on all the royal shenanigans!

• Oh, kat, so good to hear from you~and both cataracts gone- wonderful. Good luck on exam! We know you'll do well though.

And Arabella, what wonderful news! Yes, it's much easier to have gone up ten pounds than down and I know how hard earned each ounce is. And "new" jeans- so great.

I know the old bod feels all out of whiz again after the last two weeks on drugs and laying around. All was well at surgeon - the worst is over (I tell myself) and now it's more patience and PT. I will be starting that (I've done a little at home to keep things at bay) this week - need to get it scheduled (and drivers). I'm bad at asking for favors and getting my drivers will be hard in that sense but so many people have offered, it shouldn't be too difficult. Have also begun to feel the isolation a bit but that, too, should leave his week. Thursday a friend came in with a meal (not too healthy but a fave) and before the surgeon visit, driving friend took me to a nice little place where I was able to get another fave for lunch. DD thinks I should be losing a lot of weight because I'm not eating all that much. Little does she know how untrue that will work out to be.

One little "chuckle" victory was that the day I checked in for the surgery and had to be weighed I came in two pounds under the wt I had listed on admission forms and that was wearing my men's velcro shoes (yes, Kaylets, back to them for a while again). And we know how we always "shave" things a bit when actually writing down a wt. So at least a little smile on my face at that moment. Nice scale.

Bad weather on and off again this weekend so I've decided to go with it. Played Christmas music so far this morning. Off to get dressed, do exercises (for shouilder - not whole body). Plan to make four long overdue phone calls this weekend, cleanout some emails before computer crashes from weight of them. Play family videos, old movies, tapes I've never gotten to. All the things I've been planning to do all along but didn't feel up to doing. It's this weekend, luvvies. Also had bought the book "You Staying Young" and that's calling out for me as I try to remotivate. Not promising me much since I'm still really limited but I CAN try to keep my spirits up.

Loving your active Christmas life, Arabella. Mine doesn't look good this year but am looking at possibly a luncheon this week. Have paid, reserved, set ride. Depends on how well I'm doing and how decently I think I'll be able to present myself. Fingers crossed.

Well, Tra La La, Regal Folk

• Saturday in the gingerbread palace

And the scale moved another pound! Probably, at least in part, because we were at DH's staff party last night and dancing like mad things (that was fun!) However, had I not been careful with what I ate, the scale would have registered a gain instead. So I'm taking it and running!

No parties tonight -- it'll be nice to cozy up and watch a movie. Making brown rice pasta with a spicy scallop-tomato sauce and a nice, big fresh salad.

I've got a sound yoga class this afternoon as part of a benefit for a friend just diagnosed with an especially aggressive type of breast cancer. There will definitely be a lot of good energy there And DH has actually agreed to come with me.

Hey! Kat is in the house! Congrats on getting through all that studying. Guess by this time you've already aced that test...

Anagram, what a lovely long post! My bod's feeling a little on the pulverized side today and sore-footed but we did get in an hour-long walk and will have another half-hour to and from the benefit.

Your weekend sounds lovely! And nasty weather just makes that kind of cozying up feel that much nicer. I've sworn that I'm going to manage an evening over the holidays to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Carol." DH isn't as enthusiastic about watching them every year

Hope all Queenly folk are having a wonderful weekend. Let's make it a good one!

• Not meanin' to skimp on greetin' everyone and givin' a huzzah for all accomplishments I see here since I've been kind of absent, but just in a hurry to meet someone for a walk ... noticed that since I've been gone I had not updated my sig to reflect a .8 gain of last week so current sig now reflects a .6 loss, not a gain from what it still showed but what was really not correct.

Sorry, I am a data freak.

I am still on my countdown to MY made-up holiday of National Diet Consolidation Day ... 7 days to go!

I have redesigned my goals to reflect the reality that I will not reach ULTRA GOAL by the end o' December and am moving that to some as yet undetermined date in January.

I like reality. It works best for me. No sadness, I have kicked some Diet Demon Whatever this season and am really on my way for the first time in a long time.

Must away!
  • Well...
    I'm back. Took myself to Weight Watchers bright and early this morning...I managed to gain 5# since the last time I was there. (september...it seems like an eternity ago) I had rejoined then and then things kicked into high gear with my dad and I never went back after that first meeting. I did keep up with it for a bit, online, but that also faded away. Speaking of online, I came upon my weight from last January on the WW site. *sigh* I'm 6.5 lbs heavier than I was almost a year ago. It could be worse, I suppose, but it's time to put a stop to poor habits and turn this juggernaut around and get things moving in the RIGHT direction!

That said, I did finally take the Leslie Sansone Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles dvd out of the Netflix wrapper that it's been sitting in for about two weeks now, and put it to proper use. It felt great to work up a sweat and move my creaky, flabby body once again!

One thing about my amazing new vision is that I'm suddenly aware of how OLD I look! Good lord, I frighten myself when I look in the mirror! And FAT? Oy. More than anything, I'm motivated to lose weight, not for health reasons, but for purely narcissistic reasons! I'm horrified at what I look like! How did I let myself go this far?

As part of my new regime, I'm determined to post my weight on a tracker and just put it out there. I haven't up til this point because I was always so embarrassed at being so much heavier than everyone here, but I've come to realize that you girls have some impressive stats and I will draw inspiration from all of your successes!

Yes, this was all about me, me, me. I have every intention of reading the entire thread and catching up with everyone's doings, but for now, I need a quick nap and then I'm off for a desperately needed haircut and some color. New stylist...I'm a little nervous about this...but change is good...and much needed!

It's good to be back, I feel like I'm home!
  • And it feels so much more like home when you're here, kat. I'm always amazed how much I miss our Royals when one doesn't post for a while. And those who have wandered afar and lost their way home.

No me, me, mes. Reading about goals and ambitions and plans helps me a lot in at least ntrying to keep up with the wagon. Huzzah on not kicking self re flexibility of goals. I'm a Real on that one. And dancing away a pound sounds like the best way to go.

Lots of discomfort this weekend. I think in my desire to get extra drugs out of my life, I went a bit too fast too soon and had to regress a bit yesterday. And my left arm is complaining that I am asking it to do so much more than has ever been expected of it. So it's a Fresh start Monday here again. I almost felt brave enough to try the scale yesterday. Today less inclined. Maybe Thursday - my regularly scheduled day.

I did manage some of my goals for the weekend. Watched one tape that's been here for several years so at least I know what it's like. Watched some schmaltzy Christmas shows, made at least four overdue phone calls. Will be hitting phones once "beautiful" for the day, trying to get the week setup.

Well, anyway, a Royal Shoutout to all s near and far, posting or not (we know we have some quiet friends out there and feel free to pop in when it strikes you).

I'm happy that at least typing has become less difficult. I feel better when I'm "home" in the palace too.
  • Fresh start Monday
    And it's a cold one! I'm waiting impatiently for my high shearling boots to arrive at the door, followed closely by my quilted, hooded coat. I will be so much happier to be out there if I'm not freezing my kanoogies off.

I've got my first physical in, like, 10 or 12 years this afternoon.

Kat, is that all -- only 5 pounds since September? And only 6.5 in almost a year? That's nuthin'! I think we'd have to call it maintaining, in fact. Which is pretty much what I've been doing this past year, too. If I hadn't been weighing myself regularly I probably would have gained about 30 because I can easily do that "without noticing."

No harm done and the perfect time to get going again -- 'sall good! Congrats on going back to WW!

Anagram, sorry you were suffering on the weekend -- how frustrating! You're wise to backtrack and go easier. I think I'm going to WI on Thursday this week too because my writing group potluck is Thursday night and I usually weigh in on Friday mornings. I'm going to behave myself but I won't be totally in control of what's available and will be eating later than usual so ... putting pedal to the metal to try to have a loss by Thurs.

I'm lazy today -- tired from too much activity on the weekend. I always hate to face up to physical limitations but the fact is, being out dancing on Friday night was enough for me for the weekend. Add in a couple of other engagements and ... well, I'm still pooped. Early night tonight, I think. I could crawl into bed right now...

K, lovelies, I must be off and doing. Have a wonderful day!