Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 10:16 PM   #46  

Ah, the joys of massage. And of a good haircut. Was gray, damp all day. I continued my rush, rush, today. I'm gaining on the pile of "to do". Had to wait an hour yesterday (fasting) for my bloodwork. Never happens with him but it did yesterday when I had to rush home for the guys to come finish the new front door. (Still loving it.) Then I get a call this a.m. that the lab couldn't do some of the necessary work for some reason or other so I had to pick up a scrip today and go to somewhere tomorrow and give more blood to have that one redone. So today I rewarded me for all recent stress by having my hair done. It did help my mood and did some good music in the car. But tomorrow was to be busy enough w/o that and before the next news.

Getting a new d/w tomorrow and hope that will be the end of the appliance stress and that this weekend will finish the handyman stress.

Last two days have been decent, but not stellar. Big salad in the fridge which helps lots.

Always glad to hear from you and have your news and countdowns, Empress.
Sounds like things are going a little better for you, wsw, and always glad when you can post.

Missing our dear kat. to you and hope things are lightening a bit.

I'm off the green tea and supplements and don't want to drink too much regular tea (though I always have SOME) so things are a mite different here already. Off to bed for me now............G'nite, here's a ROYAL ROAR to y'all.

Last edited by anagram; 11-14-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:14 AM   #47  

Hello all....

This time I have real excuse.... computer router died....
We decided to switch to wireless and realized the systme I was using was so old it didnt have a USB port....so.... I HAVE A NEW SYSTEM!!!

And wow, I can't believe the difference....
Just had no idea!

Hope everyone is well...

As for job front, I have news.... but have to give you the update later....
and I promise I'll be back tonight... I am dying to share but we have horrible, horrible fog the last 2 days and I must be off.....

Oh and I had nearly 15 days of sugar free and followed DH into the Coldstone Creamery... so far I don't feel the aftereffects....Maybe I should just count my blessings and take it as an exception and keep moving!

Ok, promise is a promise.... I have lots of other emails to catch up on but the Royals come first tonight!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:51 AM   #48  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Another day notched in the belt...yeah!

Glad to hear the impromtu dinner party went well Arabella...they are my fav kind. Spontaneous.

wsw! The colours up here are nearly done...although that burnished coppery colour of the oaks is still flourishing.

Kaylets! A new system....jealous!

Just when is your proceedure Anagram? Sounds like you have your stress in hand...a haircut is a great idea. I'd be bald.

'K, gotta fly....Bye!

Old 11-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #49  
Empress/Queen

Also jealous, K, I lust for wi fi, not available here right now, apparently.

Anagram, hope all goes well with the bloodwork.

Huzzah wsw (always) and to all, mentioned and un ... I am not feelin' well and must do some things to rest up before work assignment tonight ... also I do want to exercise some because it is SEVEN DAYS OUT in my Thanksgivin' countdown.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #50  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Thursday in the Palace

AND I'm taking a long weekend, starting tomorrow. I almost deferred it but decided to go ahead. I really do need some time off. One week vacations for a year -- pah!

I've got to admit my behavior has been pretty uneven. Good days, bad days. Bad usually when I feel tired, out of sorts. If only I could really learn better coping mechanisms... ok, maybe I'll reword that: I will focus on using better coping mechanisms. Still very sad about my ex and I think there's a component of eating to avoid feeling, too. I'm just going to go ahead and feel it, instead.

That said, today's been a good day and I think maybe i've turned a corner... Had a good run this morning and a set of tai chi, eating's been perfect. Gave myself a mini-pedicure (polish waiting for tomorrow, I think).

Oh, it's so nice to see more s in the

WSW, mmmm... massage! You're so right -- can't be cranky or stressed after a good massage. I'm going to find the time to get back to Migun. Insurance pays for it and I could go 5 times a week if I wanted. Thanks for the reminder!

Anagram, we paralleled again -- I got my hair cut yesterday too! Think it turned out pretty well although not much of a change. Kudos to you on the fabulous coping with stress! Very Royal!

Kaylets! A new 'puter and job news? I can't wait to hear all about it!

Ceara, yay for the notches! Oh, absolutely, impromptu is best for dinner guests. O/w I feel like everything's got to be perfect and it's so far off that I'm cranky all day

Amarantha, my condolences on no high-speed! It was bad enough when everyone was in the same boat but now with everyone else zipping along... I feel your pain!

K, lovelies. I'm going to get a bit more work done and then get the heck out of Dodge. Love to all!

Old 11-16-2007, 06:57 AM   #51  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

No zipping here in the cornfields! I'm still dial-up!

Three days under the belt...goin' for four! I don't have too much planned today...but I do want a short walk and a floor workout before I leave the house for brekkie...so gotta move!

Feel better Empress.

Yes eating is definitely tied to emotions...since my employer kicked me in the head in August and then put their dastardly plan into effect in October...I've gained. Well not any more. Headin' the other way!

Have a great one ladies!
Old 11-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #52  
Empress/Queen

I do feel better, thanks, Sword Bearer. Got in an extra walk last night while waitin' for a meeting.

Re the internet, that will change someday, I hope!

Today must fit everything in fitness wise as best as possible as very busy and traveling ... will be happy camper IF car passes emissions (second try), if not might as well move to the moon as life will go downhill.

So I'm off to do that soon, then the Black Lagoon (town I work in) most of day. New opportunities to get online up there now so mayhap will pop back in.

Apologies again for the me-me-ness ... race be to the swift so I'm off.

SIXTH DAY TO U.S. THANKSGIVIN' ...
Old 11-16-2007, 09:39 AM   #53  

Smile Day off!

And it's Friday in the
It's a warm, wild and windy and beautiful day out there. It's supposed to rain by late morning but not happening yet. I've got my sheets on the line and almost dry (although I had to run out and repeg a couple of times), another load in the dryer. Got the trunk full of bottles for recycling, and a bag of stuff to donate to the thrift store. I'm intending to get the Friday house cleanup finished by noon and then to drop stuff off and do the shopping this aft. And relax!

Did the walk/gym/circuits + tai chi this a.m. Plus actually dropped into a building nearby to run the staircase. I managed to run up 6 flights of ten steps each. And was struggling to get to the top (four more flights) but did it. My plan is to incorporate that into the daily routine. Supposed to be very good for quickly building endurance and capacity.

Ceara, here's hoping that the high-speeders get to the cornfields to rescue you soon! Ah, yes, emotional eating. And I know I'd rather feel sad than numb any day.

Amarantha, glad thee art feeling better today! And good luck on thy chariot emissions test

Well, my dovies, if I'm going to do all that I'm going to have to get back at 'er. Love to all! Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 11-16-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #54  

Ok, I don't understand what I did this morning but I guess it just didnt post....

I have officially nearly finished Day 2 of no sugar.

I work Saturday at least 8 hrs but will be alone so as crazy as it sounds, I will feel like my vacation really has begun even though I will be there....

Job news is that I was called into private meeting and told that only a select few positions had 'salary adjustments'.....

And, as greedy as this might sound, I did ask if this adjustment included the the 2008 merit increase.... and I was told "No it doesn't... merit increases will be given as seen fit..."......

So..... sometimes what seems to be happening is often much, much different.

I am shocked and overwhelmed. I can only think of one other boss who spent so much time making sure I knew how appreciated I was.

So, I am thinking some more... but in an entirely different direction......

Hope everyone is having a truly Royal Friday....
Old 11-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #55  

What wonderful news, Kaylets, one that you ARE appreciated (and esp. in the $ way) and two, that you don't have to start the genteel looking around.

High speed around here but not yet in my palace. Adding it to my list of "improvements" but recent ones (not totally resolved yet) have taken so much out of me, there'll be no more for a while. There are times, i'm sure, when I'd really appreciate it.

Gray here this afternoon after nice this morning plus an early social event. Did some running this afternoon and may yet go out to church this evening so I'll be able to stay cozily home in the a.m. when some rain/snow are expected. not to last long - just a nice lazy feeling to be able to take my time about going out. Have some very necessary reading/editting to get done tomorrow so it seems like a messy morning would be the right time to be at it.

I'm sort of starting a countdown too but it isn't until Turkey Day..In nine days at this time, surgery will hopefully be over and I'll be ensconced in my very own Recovery (At Home) Room.

My low numbers (ala scale) aren't usually on my "official" days. But this week it did hit that way. I was down .2 from previous low which would give me less than a pound to go to reach goal. Next "official" day is the morning of T giving - good planning, eh?

Well, off to my tea and a little relaxing before braving the road again.

Cheers to all.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #56  

Everybody sleeping in, eh? Don't blame you a bit. Gray here, rainy, etc. Heading off to mall for a short time. Feeling better able to cope with things today. Lots to do betwixt now and Thanksgiving but happy to be able to do it.

Love and hugs, All Royals.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #57  

Smile Sunday in the Palace

'Twas bright and beautiful when DH and I were out for our walk but it's cloudy now and there's been some granular little snow pellets (hmmm... not so festive. I'm gearing up to be excited about the first nice fluffy flakes.

We went to look into a propane insert for our fireplace yesterday. There's a clunky old wood burner in the space now that does not go at all with the elegant carved stone of the fireplace. We were looking into it in the first place because what's there now is the biggest source of heat LOSS in our house. We'd thought an insert would take care of that problem but hadn't thought it would actually help with the heat.

However, the guy we spoke to said that we could expect to save as much as 50% on our heating bill! AND we'd have a cozy fire. I'm excited! I can't quite imagine how they can fit something to our particular fireplace but they say they can...

I'm taking my mom to a CD launch this afternoon, which should be very nice. It's for Carolyn McDade and the Gaia singers. I've got a number of friends in the local chapter.

Oh, and while I'm linking to things, here's our performance of The Messiah

Kaylets! Ah, they do see your royal worth! How nice to have that recognized. And recogni$ed, too. I'm so corny.

Anagram, you are extremely clever to have next WI on Thanksgiving morn. You sound as if you've been getting a fierce amount accomplished lately -- kudos! I'm picking away at stuff here and feeling a bit less overwhelmed.

Hope all are having a lovely, peaceful Sunday -- let's make it a good one!

Old 11-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #58  
Empress/Queen

Congratulations on the downward trend, Anagram, and the .2 down on the official day! (doesn't matter really, down is down, yay you!)

I'm down .5 and am ecstatic but must away to walk with a friend, taking another work day off.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #59  
deleted2

Default In for a penny, in for a pound....

Just jumping in here---I love the challenge of staying on track thru the holidays, but I think I'll find it particularly challenging this year. I've been out of the exercise groove for some time. [a couple of months?] That is, still, working out but without "sincerity", know what I mean? And now as I attempt to get back, I see that Ive lost some of my strength and endurance so that's disheartening. I'm sensing more soul-searching coming up--oh goody...

Old 11-20-2007, 06:02 AM   #60  

Smile Huzzah! Because we say so.

I had one of those "can't get out of my own way" days yesterday, in a semi-funk. Feeling like i've got a bit of a cold for the last couple of weeks although never totally succumbing. Didn't dive off wagon or anything but used up some treat points on a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich on spelt. It was awfully good, but I'm thinking I probably need to go totally gluten-free, especially in the run-up to the festive season.

Anyway, did go to choir practice -- less than 2 weeks to performance! -- and it was fun.

And I'm determined not to let myself be funky (at least in the bad way -- I aspire to funkiness in general ) today. It's not like I enjoy it or anything, so must resist. If I'm tired I'll rest and try to refresh myself instead of pushing on. Going to be proactive and determined! Yay-ah!

Quiet in the

Eydie, so lovely to see you here! Are you still doing the sugar-free thing? Give yourself a pat on the back for working out so consistently, even if you feel like it's been lacking a bit of oomph. Bet if you've lost any strength and endurance it's back in no time. Huzzah, I say!

Right then. I've got a recording of last night's practice and must try to figure out how to load it onto my computer. Pray for me.

K, lies, let's make this a good one!

Closed Thread