3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Royal Procession of the Merry Court towards Winter Solstice and the Festive Season

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:43 PM   #151
a work in progress...

Hi, me again. I have a friend who's interested in joining up with a nice group here at 3fc, but a little hesitant about just jumping in anywhere. I told her about our little neck of the woods here and have invited her to join us. I think you'll like her, she's fun! I know you'll make her feel right at home in the palace, won't you?

May I go prepare the Royal Guest Suite?

thanks, s!

Nobody can bring you peace but yourself... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 12-31-2007, 07:08 AM   #152
wsw

hi katrina-your friend will be given the royal treatment, naturally! hope she will join us. you inspired me, by the way, to get on demon scale this morning, though was dreading it. even though it did not read as i might have liked, i too am glad i did it. thanks for the inspiration.

hi ceara-i am starting to feel better now, thanks. it's definitely slower than i would like, but better counts.

anagram-so glad to hear you are able to drive now. that must feel very liberating.

hi arabella, amarantha, eydie, kaylets, and to all our royal personages, mentioned or -un, hope this is a happy new year for one and all, filled with much good health, joy, and contentment in 2008!

Last edited by wsw : 12-31-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #153
a work in progress...

Traffic is very light around the castle...everyone must have been off, making merriment, ringing in the New Year. Myself? Fell asleep on the couch, watching "The Simpson's Movie" with my son. He woke me in time to watch the ball drop, wish me a "happy new year" and then he went to bed...or, just upstairs to get away from my snoring! The party never ends around here!

I'm so glad to have been your inspiration, wsw! Some days I just dread the scale, knowing that I won't like what I see, but I'm better off seeing it and doing something about it before things spiral out of control! (how well I know about that!) Thank you for the kind welcome for andria, I know she'll appreciate it. Now if she'd just show up!

While folding some laundry yesterday, I happened upon this TV show, I think the name was "You are What you Eat" or something like that. It was on the BBC channel. Each episode featured a person who had contacted the show for help changing their eating habits and getting healthier. Some "Food ****," as they called her, shows up and starts berating the person for their vile eating habits, with all their great British expressions: "What are you stuffing into your gob now?" "You've already got the butter butt!" An account of all the bad stuff eaten in a week is taken, and then actually piled up in front of the person. Of course I was repulsed, but it got me thinking, what the heck would my week's pile look like? The "bad" pile is replaced by what they should be eating, lots of pretty fruits and veggies. Lots of water and exercise added to the mix and we watch the transformation throughout the show. Voila! Happy ending!

I want to keep that image in mind...that of the two different piles of food. Which trough do I really want to be eating from?

I'm off to find some and plan my week's menus, using WW Kickstart...

Happy New Year, my friends! 2008!

Nobody can bring you peace but yourself... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 01-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #154
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile

Happy New Year!

Yes, it has come and gone...and with it all those temptations...although I still have a full fridge! I've had my oatmeal and yogurt brekkie, a couple coffees and I'm off for a walk!

The kitchen is clean, the dishwasher unpacked...we had 8 for dinner last night..no wonder I'm so full!....and the house is almost back to normal. Tree is still up and it will be for a while...I like admiring it!

After the walk, I have a ton of grooming to do.....so best be off! Have a great first day of the New Year!

Last edited by ceara : 01-01-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #155

Wo welcome your friend, kat. Yes, do just pop on in. We've lost so much weight collectively that there's always room for one or two more.

I too tackled the dreaded scale this a.m. just to prove my good intentions. Awful - and my trough of recent food would be too. But I tell myself I'm so experienced at this" that I'll be back on course in no time. I hope.

You worded my goals so excellently, Your Excellency kat, that I just say "ditto". I'm reminding myself that I was doing fairly well a few weeks ago and I can do it again. Freshly, of course, for our brand new year.

I slept through the ball drop as there was no one here to waken me (though a friend had offered to call - my plan had been to go to bed early).

I woke up way early again this morning so did a lot of "organizing" of plans, lists, etc. More to go but at least I'm feeling on top of the pile at the moment.

Huzzah! 'Ray for 2008! Our Golden Year of Opportunity to Be All We Believe We Can Be.

Last edited by anagram : 01-01-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #156
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Fresh start 2008

Happy New Year, lies! Time to establish goals for the year. Which we shall surely accomplish. I'm going to be at goal at the end of this year, I am.

We've got a positively silly amount of snow down there, Winter Wonderland to the nth, and the sun is shining so I'm heading out for a walk soon. I got in almost 12,000 steps yesterday, plus the circuit at the gym. So far today, just yoga. But I'll do some shovelling and some walking and 'twill be all good. I feel ready to eat lightly. The times I (over)indulged were enought to remind me of how much better it makes me feel.

I'm online for the moment, anyway, and hoping that the connection will stay up. I don't know what the issue is but I've wasted an awful lot of time in the past week ineffectually plugging away at it. Ugh.

Ironically, I've got a great new laptop that I'm itching to use but we're afraid the network's compromised so have kept it offline.

No big stuff here last night. I finally managed to watch the first part of "It's a Wonderful Life" but we couldn't stay up to see the end of it, let alone to see the ball drop Sadly, it was also our 13th wedding anniversary. Hoping to be -- magically -- younger at the end of the year.

Katrina, love your vows for the year! And we'll be very happy to welcome Andria to the Palace. Which I guess we're going to need to freshen up for the new challenge. Hmmm...

I know that show. Gillian is a little nasty. And a little poo-obsessed -- she has a photo of "the perfect poo" in her loo. But she gets results. And all she does is change the foods people eat (no limits, in terms of amount) and make them exercise.

I really like "X-weighted" but it might not be available there.

Anagram, how terrific to be on the road again!

You owe it to your country to get out there and scoop up -- or at least scope out -- some of those bargains. Bet they're still out there. Toot toot!

Ceara, v. glad to hear that kith and kin have survived without undue violence over the festive season. Same here, and DH goes back to work tomorrow so we may just make it...

WSW, good for you, getting on the scale! I can't do without, myself. I bet I'd have gained a good 20 pounds in the past year if I hadn't (mostly) weighed myself every day. Glad you're feeling better. Remember to take good care of yourself!

Eydie, there's a world of difference between your wholesome treats and those white sugar, white flour things! I know (from extensive experimentation) that one can overdo even the better choices but they're great to have when one needs a treat. Thinking I'll make some cocoa-date balls and put them in the freezer, because they really do it for me when I need a sweetie...

K, lies, must post and go offline again. Have a fabulous day and if no one beats me to it I'll put up a new thread -- Valentine's Day, maybe? -- tomorrow (knock wood).

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 01-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #157

Almost simulposting again, Anagram! I love to think of us both typing away at the same time.

Onederland by July

Last edited by Arabella : 01-01-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #158
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Kat, you darling woman, thank you for the introduction. I've been trying to get even my toes back in the water, but you gave me a great big push--thank you
Hello to all you lovely Royals. I can hardly wait to get to know all of you and share some of myself as well. I'll probably wait just a bit for that part since you are starting a new thread soon, but the basics are: female, 41, two daughters, one new husband (7 months), and a new career as a teacher just ahead of me.
I've been staring longingly into the distance for a while now as the weight loss wagon trudges along without me, but it is really time for me to get my life and my priorities all back in order.
The family is going to start wondering where I've wandered off to soon, so I'll leave it at that for now. Nice meeting you all, and thank you for the welcomes!

Andria

The first baby is an adult now--time to let that weight go!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #159
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

I just realized I chose an awkward day to begin introducing myself. My family and I are heading out of town until the 7th, and I can't guarantee I'll have internet access while there. This is the first time we'll be spending a significant amount of time with my in-laws. I'm kind of nervous!
If I can, I'll be on. If not, I'll be watching myself and figuring out how I want to get started.
Until then!

Andria

The first baby is an adult now--time to let that weight go!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #160

We'll look forward to your return, Andria. And think of our support when tempted while with the in-laws.

As for me, I've started blockading the road to make sure I catch the wagon and get firmly reseated. Oatmeal for breakfast. Saw a segment on GMA where someone from Prevention magazine talks about a diet they've tested which encourages dark chocolate, olives, healthy oils, and nuts. They have a four day "start" period and then it's 1600 calories a day spread over four equal meals. Supposed to target belly fat with which I am adequately endowed. Each meal is supposed to have a certain amount of one of the above four categories.

Going to look at it a little closer as soon as I get some basic stuff accomplished today. Ready for more tea and a little enthusiasm. Ra, Ra, Ra.........

Last edited by anagram : 01-02-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #161

Smile I think maybe I need a sleigh rather than a wagon

Me: -->

Crazy amounts of snow, and now the winds up and blowing it around. I just had a phone call from DH, telling me to stay off the roads because it's gotten so much worse than it was earlier and not safe to drive or walk out there. We did go 'round the harbour, early, when the snow was falling more gently and there was no traffic to speak of.

I woke up at four and saw it was storming and there was a decidedly reddish cast to the sky. "Peculiar," I thought. And then, an hour or so later there was thunder and lightning! We don't often get that with snow.

I'm tired and am going to actually tuck self into bed for a little rest. I caught myself thinking "Oh, I'm tired" followed by "Oh, I'd better get some work done" followed by "Oh, I've still got those four Godiva chocolates in the cupboard and chocolate cinnamon rolls, fruit cake and cookies in the freezer." I tell you, it's almost automatic. I decide to push through fatigue, instead of giving myself the rest I need and the next thing I know I'm grabbing my favorite substitute for... EVERYTHING. And, you know, I'd be much further ahead with the everything. :nod: So I am, seriously, tucking into bed for a cozy reiki session and maybe a snooze.

Qsilver, welcome, welcome! I think it's quite wise of you to introduce yourself before you head out because now we'll send a search party if you don't return. ;-) Hope you have a great time with your inlaws!

Anagram, that plan sounds good! Does it have nuts on it too? I'm trying to do something similar. Love your fruit & veg chorus line! Much better than:

Gee, they just kinda sit there, don't they? Wonder what's the connection?

Thinking on a new challenge. What thinkest thou, Oh lies?

K, I'm off to my bed. Love to all! Let's do this thing!

Onederland by July

Old 01-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #162

Hope you got your rest, Arabella. It's something I must learn to do too as when I'm tired I inevitably overdo junk type foods. Even though I KNOW that won't change anything and only make me feel worse.

Yes, nuts are a major part of that diet. Did ok yesterday but PT was only exercise other than carrying things up and down stairs. Was so tired after PT and a little store trip for some necessities that I was pretty much a couch potato after I came. Eating wasn't bad as usual though. I really need a decent night's sleep.

Weak sunshine at the moment= to be bitterly cold again today but no snow. And we're warming up a bit tomorrow with some highish numbers promised for next week. Maybe even an outside walk?

So off I go to ho ho ho.....................................
Old 01-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #163

Smile Doing it by the numbers

Anagram, I don't think we're alone. But somehow we tend to discount the importance of getting enough rest and try to push on. So much better to cozy up on the couch with a blanket or tuck self into bed than to try to keep going and end up stuffing my face. I'm going to work, work, work on that one...

Where beist our Amarantha this new year?

I've refurbished the Palace for the new season:

Come on over to the new V-Day thread!

Onederland by July

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.