Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:05 PM   #31  
GmaTo8

I'm back for a minute -

Cristina - tell Josh he's welcome. Yikes, 7 am is early to have a dental appt., but on the other hand, you'll get it out of the way and have the rest of the day to do what you want. Hope it's something easy to fix.

Halloween note - no candy here! I bought Movie Money certificates for the DGDs, and an outfit for Jackson for Halloween. All of the girls really liked the movie money, and want to go see The Bees movie.

Health update - my pap came back ok, but the biopsy didn't have enough tissue to read. So my GYN wants to do a D&C on Nov. 13th, (after my Chicago trip) then send it to pathology. At least I'll be out for this one - no pain during the procedure! ANYway, I have to go to Evansville tomorrow to get the pre-surgery blood work, etc. out of the way.

See you next month!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:16 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies!!!

Had a busy day. Haven't written much because DD had our nails done for the wedding and they made them too long and I couldn't type very well. I had them filled today and had them make them shorter. I wasn't going to have them done again, but my own nails look so awful now that I am older and at least the fake ones don't break and the polish doesn't flake off. Went shopping with DH so I did a lot of walking. Bought some 1 pt diet puddings etc so I wouldn't be tempted to eat any candy today.

Jane I don't do Halloween any more since we moved away from the grandchildren. The thought of you and your DH dressed as Raggedy And and Andy sounds soooo cool. We used to go over to DD and all the parents and some of us grandparents in their block would get together and we walked the neighborhood with the children as they went trick or treating. We really enjoyed it and miss it since we moved to SC.

Cristina First I want to apologize for misspelling your name. My oldest GD is Christina so it is just a habit of spelling it that way. Glad Josh got home safely and hope you can get your tooth fixed soon so you will be out of pain.

Jules & Tammy So sorry what your going through with your dds. I have been through that with my dd. I learned that all you can do is give them advice and the just be there for them as best you can and just let them know that you love them and will be there for them. What is really hard is when you see your children go down the wrong road knowing there will be a time when you will have to be there to pick up the pieces and try to help them get over the hurts and heart break they are going to experience. One thing I learned was that if I said too much she wouldn't listen to me at all. My prayers are with you.

Kathy CONGRATULATIONS!!! Roxy Lynn is a beautiful name. Hope baby and mommy are doing great. You'll love being a GM. I raised 3 of my 5 stepchildren whose mother walked out of their lives when they wer very you and I enjoyedand loved being their mother, but have to say there is nothing like being a GM.

Hope everybody else I may have missed is having a great day today.

Trish
Old 10-31-2007, 11:40 PM   #33  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Hey

Cristina -- Glad you liked it and TY.

Jules & Tammy -- to both of you.

Jane -- I know you love it. I wish I could be one. lol.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #34  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JANE...yes, 7 a.m. was up at 5:30 this morning and it was weird going to the dentist that early in the dark. Glad to hear the results.

TRISH...that's fine and you don't have to apologize...I get it all the time. When people ask how it's spelled, is it with a c or K I say C and without the h and they get this confused look on their face, lol. I don't know if they don't realize what I said or just don't care because they will still spell it with the h, lol.

SASSY...I thought it was a great page! Hope you are having a good day today missy.

Well, I don't have to worry about eating any Halloween candy because of my tooth, lol. I had a reese's pb cup and it took me about 15 mns to eat it...wasn't even worth it. I've not been eating much of anything. Taking an antibiotic, have to double up on it today and he is going to pull the tooth tomorrow...he said "It's gotta come out!" They usually wait 5 days after taking an antibiotic but apparently it is bad and he wants to pull it rather than making me wait another few days. They don't usually work Friday but he is coming in after his haircut, lol. Anyway, I was comfortable with him and the girls in the office so I think I found my new dentist.

My exercise and drinking water has been suffering because of this too. I know it seems like an excuse but it's the truth. Just don't feel like doing anything. I am hoping to get back on track Monday...that should be enough time to start feeling better. I think once I get some more of this antibiotic in me it will make a big difference...better yet getting the tooth outta there will be even better! Okay, babbling....

Have a great day ladies!
Old 11-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #35  

Height: 5'1"

Forgive me ladies for being so scarce lately! Trying to stay focused on my exercise and get through the work week. It's almost over for the week and I'm thrilled!! Plus I get to see my girl!

I will have to catch up another time, probably after the weekend. But before I go....

Sassy--You and hubby are an adorable couple. You're so cute! I love getting to see a face to your name. Thank you for sharing that w/me.

Hugs to all you other gals!! I promise I'll slow down and catch up soon.

Take Care
Old 11-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #36  
ugggg.....

Trish--I know what you mean about the more you say, the only problem is we have always been close and are bluntly honest with each other--when I am quiet she already knows what I want to say. She does eventually at least think about what I do tell her.

Cristina--I am not sure why he has suddenly decided that this is what he is going to do and why he won't even consider even looking at the place that is only an hour away. He is so spoiled and selfish. It's why I worry so much. He always comes first and she does anything to make him happy. I blame her ex--he broke her heart when he left and I think she is afraid to be alone and is working too hard to make this work. She gives everything and he gives nothing

Jane--I really think some of the things I said are sinking in, especially about the baby and not knowing anyone. Her plan to finish at least the two year accounting degree too...why should she give up her school for him. And yes, if he would pick the closer school, she can keep stay where they are at and have family and friends plus the job that she just got a promotion at and her school.

Tammy--the baby is due Xmas Eve, and the plan would be for him to go up in March and then her follow in June so she can finish the semester at school and get the deposit back from her apartment. She is having second thoughts so who knows. I hope you can get exvited again about the wedding. Hugs back at you!!

Kathy--yea for you--Roxy Lynn is such a cute name!! Glad everything went well!!

Sassy--I want to see the pics too!!!

Marti--your pic is cute!!

Well I am going to go..good nite all!! Hope I didn't miss anyone!!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:38 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Trish - did you know they have the sf/ff Jello pudding that you cook now? It is sooo much better than the instant kind. I do like the convenience of the instant stuff, though. My fave is the banana. I chop some banana in it, then sprinkle some crushed graham cracker or Nilla wafer on top. It really doesn't taste "lite".

Cristina - well, at least the worst will be over on Friday, but I'm sorry you're in pain. Glad you like your new dentist and his staff. Nice of him to get his hair cut for you, lol. I like my dentist so much, and hope he doesn't retire for a long, long time. He's not much older than me, so I don't know.

Marti - I love your avatar! You look great in it! Just post when you can.

Sassy - you know I do what??? (jane goes back to read) Oh! You mean be a grandma? I hope and pray you can be too, someday. It totally rocks! I haven't checked my email yet, but hopefully one of the gals here sent me your project.

Jules - that's the way my kids were/are, too. They might not agree right off, but will think over the things I've said, and take them to heart. I sure hope she changes her mind about it all. Once that sweet little guy is born, and she sees just how much she needs you, maybe she will.

Hello to everyone else reading this.

Well, I got the chest x-ray, EKG, more blood work, and the paperwork out of the way for surgery on the 14th. Now I'm just going to concentrate on my Chicago trip next week. Did I mention that? My buddy Dixie and I are going up on Tuesday, and coming home late Thursday. We're going to do some Christmas shopping. We're staying in a condo one block off the Mag. Mile, and it is cheaper than a hotel, alshtough it looks much nicer.

Gotta run, toodles for now!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #38  
~Believe~

Wink Hola Chicaritas!

Hola Chicaritas!

I got some much needed sleep and feel better......It was nice to wake up with DH and not having him going out the door to work! (He begins his new schedule this week) So he will be working Friday - Sunday now instead of Thursday - Sunday, just longer hours, like I work.

Anywho we wandered around Wally World a bit, he wanted me to see the entertainment center he wants, and I gave my "final approval" lol.

Then we came home and caught up on some of our shows, like an "old married couple" lol. Now he's watching Lord of the Rings (I think) lol and I'm on the computer (duh) lol.

Cristina -- TY. I'm glad you found a dentist you trust and are comfy with, that is important. Big Big that everything goes well.

Jules -- Just PM me your email addy hon and I'll send it to ya! I want your email addy anyways! Don't think I have it, lemme go and check first. lol. K. I checked, only have your snail mail addy. lol.

Marti -- First off Chicky, you are gorgeous! Love your avatar! Maybe I'll get "brave" and post mine too..... Glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed making it.

Jane -- I meant I know you enjoy being a Domestic Diva! lol. I'm not even a Mommy yet, so not ready to be a grandma yet! tee-hee-hee. Although now I have a nice Rocking Recliner to rock my "grand-babies" to sleep with. lol. I will keep you in my prayers that everything comes back good for you. Have a Great Time in Chicago!

Kathy -- I finally emailed you the Halloween Project. I was so exhausted after work I fell straight asleep when I got home! lol.

Well last night at work my mom IM'd me telling me that her right artery in her neck is blocked, I don't know how blocked, etc. But the dr has her on meds right now and they are doing testing. Well of course getting this news at work and just kinda being "shocked" I started bawling right there at work. I felt like such a baby. lol. The guys who work with me probably thought I was a lunatic. But I had work to keep my mind occupied and my friends at work kept me laughing so I think that was the best "medicine" for me.

I feel better about it today. DH spoke with his mom about it, she is a retired ICU nurse and DH has some medical exp too, being a paramedic/firefighter and working in the ER. So DH explained it more too me. I still want my mother to just move here already. Don't like her living alone, even though our family is there, still want her here with us. DH & I talked about it and if anything, we will just break her lease and pay whatever we have to pay, if it means she is here with us, her health is more important than money is. So we're going to see what the tests show. I am going to call her tomorrow, she is off, and talk to her more in depth. I just hope I don't bawl like a little baby while on the phone. lol. Maybe I'll catch her online and talk to her, that way if I cry, she won't know it. lol. But it just goes to show that weight isn't only factor in health issues.

My mom is very very petite, I don't get my size from her or my biological father. lol. I get it from my grandmothers, both very "well-built" women. lol. I always told my mom she must have found me somewhere because I don't look like her. The only thing I have of my father's is his eyes. But looking at my father's mother's picture, she passed when he was young, so I never knew her, I look a lot like her as well as my mom's mother. Maybe that is why my father always harped so badly on me about my weight when I was young. Because his mom was heavy and she died from a heart-attack.

Anywho, enough of the history lesson here. lol...........

I hope you all have a Great night and a Wonderful Friday!

If anybody else wants a copy of the Halloween Project, pls PM me your email addy and I can send it to you. Also PM me your email and snail mail addy even if you don't want to see the project, I have Cristina, Marti, Jules, and Jane's info except I need Jules and Jane's email addy's. I want to keep them so I can send cards and letters, if you want me too, that is.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #39  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening. Glad to see you all. It was chilly here today, but I got off my butt and rode a mile, against fierce winds. Hard pedaling for sure. Then walked 2 miles with DH. I might just get back into this exercise stuff. (I HAVE to...) Food has not been good and I gained again. Gads! Need to pull myself out of this depression and get moving.
Mom was some better today, but this has been a rough few weeks for her. She is still losing weight. Today was the first day she ate 3 really good meals. So, that is encouraging.
I have been doing the housecleaning routine..including washing windows again. Looking good!

Jane- Thank you so much for the seeds. I had a place all ready for them by the corner of the house, right around the arbor DH built. Once they are established I know I can divide them and I have several places I plan to put some. I have black-eyed Susans that I am doing the same with. I sure hope everything I planted this year comes back in the spring. I have been thinking about you and your health. Keeping the good thoughts.

Cristina- I have been excited about you getting to spend time with your son. Sure hate that you had to get a toothache! I bet you are still enjoying having him home. And I know he likes the home cooking.

Jules- I hope things work out for the best with your DD. I have been where you are and I know it hurts sometimes to see them go through the rough spots. I had a DD who went through and put us through lots of drama for years. It does get better and they actually someday tell their kids the same things you told them. (my DD has an 18 year old son, so I tell her pay back is h**l)

Marti- Hope things slow down for you. Enjoy your week-end with Jhanai.

Sassy- Love the Halloween thing. Thanks for sending it to me and for your PM.

Tammy- Hope things work out for your DD. They sure can turn your hair gray.

Trish- Hello..glad you had such a nice time on your trip and with the DGKs.

Kathy- Oh wow a new GD. Love the name and I bet she is a cute little bundle of joy. Wahhh...my DGK's are all so grown up. I have no babies around anymore.

Okay, I have gabbed long enough. I need to quit staying away so long.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #40  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Sassy- Good evening...posted at the same time. Hope to hear tomorrow that your Mom is doing well. I know what you mean about wanting her there with you. I felt the same and got Mom here instead of her moving back to Florida. I know she hates the cold, but I am glad I can take care of her. Keep your chin up....
Old 11-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #41  
~Believe~

Wink Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetalks View Post
Sassy- Good evening...posted at the same time. Hope to hear tomorrow that your Mom is doing well. I know what you mean about wanting her there with you. I felt the same and got Mom here instead of her moving back to Florida. I know she hates the cold, but I am glad I can take care of her. Keep your chin up....

TY Sue. I'm glad you got back out on your bike again. I need to get myself moving and DH too! lol. Yes I think I will feel better with my mom here with us. Even my DH says the same thing. Now we just need to find us a house!!!!!! lol.
Glad you enjoyed the Halloween Project! I truly enjoyed creating it! Too bad there isn't a career in that type of thing, I would LOVE it!!!! lol

Old 11-02-2007, 02:55 AM   #42  

Evening ladies....

I actually don't feel as drained as I have been lately so I thought I would try and catch up some tonight before the weekend when I know the girls will be playing Sim2.

Where to start? I'm so far behind!

Kelton--How are you and your DGD?? As for coming over to help clean...how about a cup of coffee and a chat?? Cleaning is just for the birds! I really do wish we were all closer so we could meet up and chat.....that would be fun.

Jane--Your trip w/your friend sound great. I wish I could get away for the weekend and just relax and visit friends. I hope you have lots of fun Christmas shopping too.....want my list for my family so you can do mine?

Sassy--I think 50lbs by spring is very doable. And don't deprive yourself of things you love, but also don't over do it. I have to have a coffee (latte) everyday. That is my "splurge". But I make it at home, so I keep it low fat. (although right now I only 2% milk in the fridge) Just know that it is possible and along the way there will be bumps and dips in the road.....but we'll be w/you the whole way, cheering you on.

Cristina--Hurray for Josh being home! Sorry to hear that you have a toothache and wow....7:30 appointment?? Wish my dentist was open that early! I'd love to get something done and then not have to rush to work afterwards. It'd give me time to destress from being at the dentist!

Jules--I'm sorry that Teri is considering moving. Maybe once the baby is here, she'll realize how much she needs to be near family. Being all alone with your first baby can be hard. Just realize that right now, her hormones are that of a pregnant woman. She may see things much differently once the baby is here. Sending you many hugs!!

Kathy--Now that is just too cute! Roxy Lynn. Congratulations grandma!

Tammy--How was the Halloween dance?? That would have been fun to attend. So...when are you going to see Paula Dean? And when are you sending me a ticket to go w/you?? I'll send you my address if you need it.......

Trish--You gave me a great idea to buy some pudding for this weekend for my DD and her friend. Trying to come up w/healthy yet tasty treats for the girls this weekend. Jello or pudding sounds good.

Sue--Glad to see you're still getting in your walks and biking. And against the wind! I love Black eyed Susans. They're one of my favorites. I really need to tend to my yard and get rid of some plants that have long gone.....but it's so cold out, but I suppose it's not that cold. I just need to get out and do it.

Hello to everyone else out there. I hope I haven't missed anyone.

Well it's almost midnight and I'm tired. One more day of this week and I get two days off. Yes! That's what I'm talking about.

Hugs to you all.

Last edited by Marti; 11-02-2007 at 02:57 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:25 AM   #43  
~Believe~

Cool Howdy Chick-a-dee's

Howdy Chick-a-dee's

Okay.......Just got back from the Grocery Store and I was good, didn't get anything bad. I took Dr. Oz's advice and stuck to the outside perimeter of the store. I only got a couple meals worth of food, that way I don't have all this extra food around, that works better for me, personally.

I have already Exorcised the Fridge of its evil food. And I also gave it a good wiping out as well.

Next I will Exorcise the evil foods out of our cupboards and since I do not believe in tossing perfectly good food, I will have DH take it in to work for all the heathens, oops I mean co-workers there to eat. lol.

Next up is exercise. I think I'll start out a little bit at a time, maybe a couple times per day to start out with, just to get the "juices" flowing" then just keep adding on a bit. Don't laugh but when I was younger losing weight, I would use cans of food as weights (for my arms -- couldn't you see me balancing a can of peas on my foot? lol....) while I was exercising.

So baby steps here and I did get a couple of the WW frozen meals, just as a stand by in case I just don't feel up to cooking, better than fattening food at least.........

Marti -- Thanks. I hope to lose more than 50 lbs by spring, but figured don't set it too high. 75 lbs wold be totally awesome......... But I got to be realistic and the facts are my body just doesn't want to give up the fat. lol. It fights it tooth and nail. lol.

Anywho talk to you girls later. I have to help DH remake the bed. We stripped it......its ne-kid. lol.

Have a Great Day Ya'All!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #44  

Good Morning Ladies....

I'm in need of breakfast, coffee and a shower before going to work!

Today is WI day, I'm down a pound from last week! I'll take that loss!!

Sassy--Good job at shopping. And getting only a few things for now is also good. And as for the extra food that you want to get rid of at home, if its non-perishable, take it to the mission or to some food drive they should be having around this time of year. Keep up the good work!

Morning to the rest of you.

Well....off I go to get my day started. Have a good Friday everyone!
Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #45  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sassy - first of all, thanks for the video. It was awesome, and you are sooo pretty! As I said in my email, it's good to put a face with a name. So your mom has blocked carotied arteries? The docs scape them out and that helps prevent strokes, etc. I sure hope she does move in with you. Aww, I'm sorry your dad harped on you. That had to be so hard. And it never, ever helps. A big WOOHOO for you, buying healthy foods!

Sue - glad your mom is eating a little better. Maybe you can get a stationary bike for this winter. If you don't have one, they're a dime a dozen nowdays at second-hand places. YW for the seeds.

Marti - YAY for the 1# down! You're doing so well, especially for how hard you've been working - it's easy to fall off-program when you're worn out. Yep, I can barely wait to get to Chicago. I'm even looking forward to the 4-hour train ride with Dixie. She is such a sweet person, and we always find something to giggle about.

Kelton - where are you? I hope you post soon.

Today is my day to watch Caylin for a bit, while Mary is room mother in the twins' class. It's good for all of us. Then later, I'm going to go see my XMIL at the nursing home.

Food is still good, exercise could be better.

BBL,
Closed Thread