Old 10-26-2007, 04:07 AM   #1  

Height: 156

Default Getting out of the rut

I have been perusing this website for half an hour and am so inspired...what a wonderful bunch of women and so, so many success stories. My question for you all is...how did you get started? I'm at at-home Mum of two wee (1 and 3 years) girls. I have been gradually putting on weight for the past 6 or so years and am now at 174pounds/87 kilos...my problem is I just don't seem to be able to find the motivation to get out of my miserable rut and turn this around. Any advice?
nomoreexcuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:26 AM   #2  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

First off, WELCOME to our little shingdig! The more, the merrier!

As you can tell from our stories, this is obviously a life long journey and it doesn't happen overnight. Even that famous show here in America called The Biggest Loser took place over half to a year here. Anyway, start slowly by looking over your habits and seeing what can be changed or improved upon. For instance, do you eat too much junk food or snack on popcorns like it's going outta style? Some folks have found it really helpful to log in a diary or journal what they eat every day.

I recommend getting a pedometer to count how many steps you walk in an average day. 10,000 steps is the goal, but most folks average about 4,000 here in the US, which could explain our couch potato status. Sniff....Anyhoo, this would be a great start for your exercise plan, especially since we all know how much energy little ones can have!
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:58 AM   #3  

Height: 156

What great advice - thanks so much. I will definately get a pedometer, I really want to be fit!
nomoreexcuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hi and welcome!

I think joining 3FC is a great start to get motivation. There are a lot of wonderful girls here who are supportive and encouraging and are just here for you even when it's not weight related.

Come join us in the Chitchat thread...we'd all love to get to know you more and here more about your babies!

Hope you enjoy this place as much as I do!

Welcome!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:37 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Welcome! I agree that the first thing would be to evaluate where your trouble areas are, whether it's all day munching, late night snacking, too many soft drinks, or maybe just not enough exercise. Once you see where your weak area is, you might want to work on that first. Me? I like to eat allllll the time, so I count Weight Watcher points at home so I can have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. Everyone has to find what works for them, though.

Whatever you decide about a weight loss program, please join us, as Marti said, in the Weight Loss and Chitchat thread. Hope to see you there.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote