Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #526  

S/C/G: 184 /179/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlove View Post
I'm about a size 10-12 right now and I'd love to be a size 6-8. My weight has slowly started creeping up on me (I was 167 a year ago) and now I'm at the highest I've been since getting together with my boyfriend (2 years ago).

So I've really been watching what I eat..when I track, and eat what I want, I was eating 2000+ calories a day!! I'm aiming for under 1400 now, walking lots, and I'm going to go back to the gym soon too. It feels so much better when I have a plan

The bane of my existance..always being called the "BIG girl" - my sister, in a moment of brilliance, told me a few days ago that I would always be "big" - since I have big hips and shoulders...ugh...thanks sis...
I hate being the big girl too. Being big and then tall as well, I feel like a giant when talking to a petite girl.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #527  

S/C/G: 301.5/295.8/168

Height: 5'9"

I am 5'9" and I weigh 295 and when I tell people who much I weigh no one believes me because I dont look like I weigh that much even though I feel like I am 545 lbs.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #528  
MUST COMMIT!!

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'9

Default totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtneyep27 View Post
I am 5'9" and I weigh 295 and when I tell people who much I weigh no one believes me because I dont look like I weigh that much even though I feel like I am 545 lbs.
I completely agree!!!
Even though i rarely tell anyone my weight, when i do, people's faces just go blank. Maybe because the 200 lb mark is just a big number and people automatically think that if you're 200+ you must be a mountain... (even though sometimes I certainly feel like one)

Last edited by reallystruggling; 04-30-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #529  
KakeJ

S/C/G: 295/195/175

Height: 5'91/2"

I rarely told my weight, but when I did I got the same reply as you did. "you don't look it". It's funny because while height helps to hide the lbs. I had the # 300 in my head always. I mean you have to think to use a step ladder with where the weight limit is 250lbs. You just don't get on it, and then yeah you will feel like 545lbs. and geta little down about it.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #530  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

Ah it's good to find other tall people on here!

I'm 5ft 9 and I've always loved being tall. I was always the tallest at school cos I got to 5ft 9 in my early teens (I remember a very short Chinese boy joining our class and his dad being so over excited about how tall I was and insisting and taking a photo of us standing together )... and then I was so gutted when I just stopped growing and people began to overtake me. I was always hoping I'd get to 6ft but now I'm 21 I am pretty certain this is it!

Last edited by PaintedButterfly; 05-16-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #531  

S/C/G: 231/162/165

Height: 6'

I completely relate to this thread. People always say to ignore the scale and look at how your clothes fit. When I finally notice a difference in how my clothes fit, that it 20 pounds later. I've been a size 14/16 most of my life and have always been told I am a nice size. I'm ready to be in my healthy weight range now which might land me more at a 10/12. I'm nervous about what that may look like but really excited to get on with it.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #532  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I can relate to the "you don't look like you weight that much" comments. I guess one of the things I struggle most with besides always being the "biggest" girl around..... most of the time by FAR.... is it seems almost impossible for someone of my stature to be under a size 12.... I would LOVE to be in a comfortable 10/12.... but it almost seems out of reach.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #533  
Every step is progress.

S/C/G: 297/221/175

Height: 5'11"

I feel like I am home. I too have many times heard the "you don't look it" comment. A few times, it gave me a thrill as people would mistakenly think I said 185 instead of 285, since so many people have a hard time judging weight on tall people.

I remember growing up I was always taller than the guys I went to school with. It wasn't until I got into high school that it hit me I wasn't a complete freak of nature. There were guys there taller than me!

I think its particularly hard to be overweight when tall though, as not only did I feel self-conscious of my height, but also being overweight. People refer to you as a "big girl" and may refer to your height, but you hear it as a jab at your weight.

I can only speak for myself, but I found it more difficult to express femininity as a taller, heavier girl. I've never had much for hips or butt, so I was always seen as "one of the guys". I also wonder how much of my taste in men is based on my height and size. My ex fiance was 6'4" and I was absolutely delighted because it meant he could see over my head, and he had longer arms to wrap around me, ergo making me feel smaller.

I'm curious to know how many of you out there have dated/married shorter/smaller men. My best guy friend tells me all the time "short men need love too" yes, I agree. I also know when I date shorter or smaller-statured men, it makes me that much more self-conscious of my size and I tend to feel like I'm part of a freak show.

I work with a woman who is probably 5'10" and has a slightly broader frame (wider shoulders, but not much hip/butt) but she's in great shape, and I really want to ask her what she weighs, but I know that's a social taboo and slightly creepy.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #534  

S/C/G: 215/170/144

Height: 5'10"

Yesterday my friend's nonna asked me if I had lost weight. When I said "not since I last saw you, no." she said "why not?" My friend (who was chubby but is now one of those girls who complains about being fat despite being a size 4 hourglass) was horrified and said "Nonna, she's just tall!"

Nonna saw through that excuse and told me tall or not, I'd never get married if I didn't lose weight.

Oh, the old world wisdom.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #535  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Default So happy

Ahhh! I am SO HAPPY to have found this thread. I noticed its been like months though since its been posted on so... But anyways. I am so happy to have found this thread because I am 6" tall and all my friends are shorter and they just don't seem to understand what it's like to be this tall and trying to find clothes that fit well and lose weight and all of that. And being tall, i absolutely am so sick of the "youre not fat, just big boned!" i mean really. I am 18, and I have been *relatively* overweight ever since junior high. I was one of those early maturing girls and I always had a problem with my relationship with food. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 13.
It wasn't because of my weight that got checked for it, my mom and all my dads sisters have it also so I was sorta doomed to have it. My mom and all my dads sisters with pcos had an extremely hard time having children, which really freaks me out because my biggest goal is to get married and have a family!
So back to junior high, going through puberty when none of your friends are, and hearing that you could potentially have no children if you don't get your weight under control. Which was funny to hear because honestly I am
Not and have never been that big. I am 35 lbs overweight right now and that's the heaviest I've ever been! BUT I do have a very small frame (I take after my mother, she was a size 2 when she got married, and she is 5'10") but yeah. I have always felt inadequate and unhappy with my body. I am starting my senior year in high school in a month and a half, and I want to feel confident and happy! My goal right now is to get to 155. After that I may feel more comfortable at as little as 145 but I like my curves so we shall see
Seeing this thread on tall girls has really boosted my confidence. If women ages 20-60 can do this, so can I! I want to live a long happy and healthy life and I know that what I do now, will affect me forevermore! Thank you for all the support and I truly look up to every single one of you who are doing their best to become the best women they can be every single day!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #536  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Katiebug, welcome! And good luck with your senior year!

Tammy
Old 07-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #537  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownfish13 View Post
I hate being the big girl too. Being big and then tall as well, I feel like a giant when talking to a petite girl.
I totally agree! Hate standing next to petite women. Caught a reflection of myself the other day talking to a petite co-worker, and inwardly said a huge UGH! and quickly diverted my gaze.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #538  

I am 5'11 and 259.

I work at a law firm and most of the ladies are size 6......I hate seeing myself beside them too and avoid the office christmas photos lol.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #539  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/148

Height: 5'11

Hello my fellow tall beauties! I'm sooo Happy I found this thread! Its so hard to judge where I should be in weight and clothing. I have been reading the earlier posts about it taking an awful lot of pounds before you go down a size. I find this to be true (sadly) Why is that anyways?. I have lost almost 25 pounds and down only 1 pant size! It's frustrating because my top is shrinking faster than lightning and I still have She-Rah thunder thighs! Hopefully as I lose more, the thighs and bum area will start shrinking. Right now I am a 11/12 and want to go down to an 8 and be around 145-150. I'm wondering if its even realistic

Last edited by The Jolly Green Bran; 07-19-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #540  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Hello the Jolly green bran! We are about the same height, weight and we have the same goal! I'm really hoping to be an 8 at 150 too.
Closed Thread