3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   CALLING all tall girls (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/125816-calling-all-tall-girls.html)

sjdphc 04-15-2009 12:37 PM

Good morning ladies!

Thanks Megwini! You keep up the good work as well!

Day 24 for me! Today's workout was much better! I worked up a good sweat and really felt the burn while doing my upper body strength training.

Not much happening here except that the weather is crazy! It was like 80-something-degrees yesterday and today the high is going to be in the 50s! I'm going to snuggle up in my bed and watch The Biggest Loser makeover episode. Does anyone else still follow The Biggest Loser?

prepping 04-16-2009 05:37 PM

Hi all!!! So where are all the tall ladies at? Things going pretty okay over here... eating and exercise is good. Been going a little nutty over wedding details but right now it's in a good way. If you had asked me anything about it around noon today I would have had a few rants ready. lol, but everything is back on track again.

Yesterday was the last Date Anniversary for the hubby and I before it's replaced by our wedding anniversary. So we spent it taking care of wedding details like cake, florist, and honeymoon shopping! :D I accidentally got a couple more bikinis which brings the count up to 8 for the trip. Now all i have to do is tone everything up so that I can strut! When I say "accidentally" it's because I wasn't looking -- i just came across a couple that were really cute and on sale. Couldn't pass them up. I also got 2 fancy tank tops, 2 tops that I wouldn't have a clue how to describe -- think 1960s, a skirt, and a t-shirt. Figured we have to get clothing for St. Lucia eventually, might as well try now before they start bringing out the fall season.

How is everyone doing?? :)

sjdphc 04-16-2009 05:48 PM

Hey ladies!

Preppingbride, I bet you are so excited about your upcoming wedding! St. Lucia is going to be beautiful, I bet! Are you doing your honeymoon at the Sandals all-inclusive resort there?

xpinkglowx2 04-16-2009 05:54 PM

I LOVE the biggest loser. im obsessed. haha. my personal favorite is tara, she is so motivated and kicks everyones butt on the show! i really want her to win. I'm also a fan of Mike too! i loved the makeover show!

prepping 04-16-2009 06:32 PM

sjd, I am super excited about everything for sure! The wedding will turn out perfectly regardless of all the stuff I seem to be going through with it right now and the honeymoon will be wonderful! We're staying at the Almond Morgan Bay Resort. We were specifically looking for an all-inclusive so that we didn't have to even think about how much we'd be spending on food and alcohol. lol. I knew with the amount that my hubby and I can drink it would definately not be cheap. It's just all coming up so fast!!!

sjdphc 04-16-2009 07:16 PM

xpinkglowx2, I'm rooting for Tara as well! Her green dress was hot! The "blonde mom" (forgot her name but she wears pink) was also so pretty! I loved the way her husband was looking at her and she's not even done losing weight! I'm glad they sent Tara's partner (sorry I'm not good with names) home. I hope she gets that fracture fixed. I liked her red hair! Mike equals cutie! I was near tears though when his brother was crying because he wanted to lose weight with Mike and his dad. I know that they'll be able to share a ton of tips with him when they leave the ranch. Off topic, but I wonder when Project Runway is coming back? I love me some Tim Gunn (Make it WURK!!!

Preppingbride, my hubby and I are going to Jamaica (all-inclusive resort) later this year and that's another reason why I must lose this weight! I want to own 8 bikinis like you! LOL!

xpinkglowx2 04-16-2009 07:48 PM

im gona have to agree with all of those statements. lol. i LOVED lauras hair and i thought it was good for her to go home, and i LOVE mike. hes such a little cutie, his dad annoys me though,b ut looks SO much better with out a beard, and yeah i was pretty much crying for that poor kid. hes only 17! and he was like "now im the fat one.." i felt so bad.

sjdphc 04-17-2009 11:42 AM

TGIF ladies!

Just wanted to do a quick check-in to say that I am down 3lbs today! :carrot: Finally the scale moved! Just when I threatened to toss it back into the depths of my closet! Definitely gave me motivation to keep going! Day 26 of consistently exercising and eating right! :carrot:

prepping 04-17-2009 01:26 PM

sjd, WOO HOO!!!!! Awesome lady!!!!!! 3 lbs is a fantastic loss for the week! :D:D:D Especially because you know for sure that it's payoff for doing everything right. :) and you'll look smokin for sure when you go to Jamaica. ;) just so you know, there seems to be a lot of bikini's for sale right about now. lol

Have a wonderful day ladies!!! GORGEOUS weather over here. Makes me think that summer might actually come afterall!

sjdphc 04-19-2009 07:54 AM

Preppingbride, I just ordered 5 bathing suits online! I hope they fit!

prepping 04-20-2009 03:15 PM

sjd, wow 5!! wtg shopping queen! Now here's a question, were they 2 piece or 1? I found that when I was 19 yrs old I had to switch to bikini regardless of how uncomfortable I was with my body at that time only because 1 pieces were too tight on top and bottom since I was too tall for them. Anyone else have this problem?

Well it's a nasty day here with gray skies and pouring rain with crazy winds. At least the weekend was nice enough. I didn't have much of any time off because i had clients and then was doing my taxes all weekend. FuN tIMeS! I got home at 10 pm Sunday. it sucked. at least I don't have to do it for another year!

My eating has been really really good for the last week. I'll be with my trainer tonight where I'll get to inform her that I haven't done any of her exercises since last monday. oops! I've been absolutely swamped and have had zero time to go to the gym except for my spinning and yoga on Tuesday. That's going to have to change! But I'm feeling good though so that's alright. The scale is going down ever so slooooowwwly. ah well.

Lindz844 04-20-2009 03:19 PM

I;m 5'9! and its been hard because everyone says "oh you look fine, why are you dieting!?" but i know that the belly has not always been there. hopefully going to lose 15 pounds... eek

sjdphc 04-20-2009 03:39 PM

Hi Lindz844! Good luck on losing 15lbs! I'm right along with ya! I'd LOVE to be at 172 right now! LOL!

Preppingbride, I bought a mixture. 2 one-pieces, 1 bikini, 2 mono-kinis. I didn't have that problem when I was younger because back then, I could wear a bikini! Now I'm dealing with the "girls". I'm busting out of the tops but the bottoms fit! I hope they shrink some with losing weight. I only went down in inches but not cup size the last time I lost a lot of weight...

sjdphc 04-21-2009 01:05 PM

Good morning all!

Today was awful at the gym. I was all over the place! 15 minutes on the bike, 5 minutes on the stair climber, 20 minutes on the treadmill, and about 15 minutes of lower body strength training (mainly hips and thighs)!

I'm self-diagnosing myself with knee tendonitis! My knee was killing me yesterday, so I said I was going to take it easy today. In the end, I felt worse because my workout was lackluster. I went and bought a knee brace and cold pack. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a good workout tomorrow. :(

tc41586 04-22-2009 10:05 AM

Hi! I am 5'10" and currently weigh 195.8 lbs (as of this morning). I am starting to use some of the Biggest Loser workout DVD's (Power Sculpt, Boot Camp, Cardio Max, Weight Loss Yoga) as well as Jillian's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and a Fat Loss Kickboxing for Dummies video.

I am finishing up student teaching right now, and my job over summer will give me much more time to devote towards getting more active.

No one believes me when I tell them my weight (which is not too frequently), and I really want to get back to about 160 pounds. Do you girls have any tips that have helped you to succeed? I know that it will take a bigger weight loss in order to shrink some dress sizes. I loved my body when I was in a size 8, but my current size 14 is not doing it for me.

Good luck to everyone!!! :carrot: