3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   CALLING all tall girls (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/125816-calling-all-tall-girls.html)

aymster 02-19-2008 11:39 PM

Yeah, Horsey! They're marked tall! I almost fell over! ;) :carrot:

horsey 02-20-2008 12:41 AM

WOW... inseams for tall girls at Target, now when will other stores come up with this idea?

designerella 02-20-2008 01:00 AM

I'm 6'1 and to hear that they have pants I can buy off the rack outside of a Lane Bryant store is almost unbelievable :) lol

Apple Cheeks 03-03-2008 06:50 AM

I've just found this thread and am reviving it from the dead!

I love this site, since once again I am finding that I am not alone with these niggling problems I think are unique to me!

For years I've griped that I have to lose about 20 pounds before anyone will notice. On the flip side, if I gain 20 pounds, no one notices. A double edged sword, as others have mentioned.

I'm nearly 6'2" (I am technically 6' 1 & 3/4", so I round up) and at this height in junior high I only weighed 150 pounds. But, then puberty really hit and I grew some lady berries and hips, so I'll never be that size again. Sigh.

Years ago I dieted down to about 195 pounds, and was able to maintain it for 2 years. I would have liked to have lost about 10 pounds more, but I thought I looked great and I wasn't really complaining about it. So, I am aiming to get down to 190-195 again. If I can get lower than that -- great -- But I won't berate myself if I don't.

And for you gals with big feet like me.....

I wear a size 12 shoes, and find it impossible to find anything in most stores that I'd want to buy. Shoes in my size either look like my grandma should be wearing them, or are just tennis shoes. I found a few places that have both catalogues and online shopping where I have been buying most of my shoes for the last few years:

Roaman's (not too expensive, good selection -- my favorite!)
Lane Bryant (also not too expensive, less selection though)
Massey's (big selection, very stylish, but also somewhat expensive)

Online at Zappo's they also have a lot of shoes in larger sizes, but many of them are really expensive or look like hooker shoes! :o

sjdphc 04-06-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Cheeks (Post 2081908)
I've just found this thread and am reviving it from the dead!

Ditto!
I just saw a thread for short women and thought I would look up a thread for tall women. Where are all the tall women at??? :) Goals for your height? I'm 5'9" and looked and felt good at 150-155lbs.

prepping 04-06-2009 02:08 PM

*waves hand* I'm told i'm tall! :D
I didn't know this thread existed either! Thanks for resurrecting it!

I'm 6' and 183.4 lbs as of today. The lowest I've ever been in my adult life was 170 around May of last year. That is when I truely felt SLIM because although I still had hips and thighs, my love handles disappeared so I felt womanly and not pudgy. Now I also realized that I was doing it the wrong way because a 6' tall 26 yr old semi-active female can not survive long on 1000-1200 calories a day. oops. But at least I had a brief flash of a moment where I really liked what I saw in the mirror! :D

I am thinking that eating around 1500 calories (subject to change) with exercise making everything more toned that I would be knockout at 160-165 lbs. Anything beyond that is gravy. Are there any 6' ladies out there that have made it to something less than 160 and can argue that you can do it while still keeping the curves and assets??? Because I'm constantly wondering if my goals will change as I get closer. Afterall, when I was above 200 I would never have believed that I could be less than 180 -- thought I would look sick if I did. (I don't btw. ;))

Anywho, when it comes to clothing it's always been a hit or miss for me. My upper body is a medium, my lower body is a 12, and size 9.5/10 shoe.
My biggest frustration is how pants are geared towards women who are about 4-6 inches shorter than me but still wear the same size. Means that the waist is huge while the legs are crazy tight (if they even make it up all the way!). Or I'm able to get it on but it's not high enough to avoid standing up plumber butt. lol

I'd love if we had our own little community of tall (and tallish) chicks on here!

btw, I'm also somewhat of a shoe fanatic and love my 4" heels. I spend every working day in them and any night that I can get away with it. Gonna be tall anyway, might as well stomp a few villages while I'm at it. :D

DCHound 04-06-2009 02:35 PM

Well, I'm not really tall enough to be considered TALL but I have enormous feet ~ size 13 (so unfair!). In addition to zappo's I like Silhouette's for larger sized shoes: http://www.silhouettes.com/Dept/Shoe...av10.1-_-Shoes Great boots, especially.

sjdphc 04-06-2009 03:06 PM

DCHound, you're tall in my eyes! ;) You're only an inch shorter than me and I've been told I'm tall (for a woman). Thanks for the link to the shoes. I wear a 9 (on a good day 8 1/2 wide. Who am I trying to convince?!? LOL!), but I'm always down for finding a good shoe!

PreppingBride, I'm 28 y/o, 5'9" and 194 lbs :o! I think I was at 200lbs about 15 days ago. But I'm going to let myself believe that I've lost 6lbs since the beginning of my journey! LOL! I knew I shouldn't have broken out the scale until after a month like I said I was going to! I was kind of discouraged when I saw that number. My highest weight ever was 189.

Good for your on wearing your 4 inch heels! I'm jealous! I can't wear a heel to save my life. It always looks like I'm in excruciating pain! I LOVE how stilettos look, but I know it would be disasterous! I'm a wedge girl myself. :) Take a peek at www.endless.com as well for cute shoes. They go up to a size 16 shoe.

As far as clothing goes, I just want to get back in my 10s! I shop consistently at New York and Company and JCPenney. NY&Co carries Tall, Petite, and go up to a size 18 now. I have a sister who is 6'3" and she gets her jeans from NY&Co. But of course she got the 'skinny gene' and weighs like 150 lbs!

We could definitely start a support group for tall people! I don't want to hear "But you don't look big. You're just tall." ever again! LOL! Let's keep this thread alive!

prepping 04-06-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjdphc (Post 2687194)
We could definitely start a support group for tall people! I don't want to hear "But you don't look big. You're just tall." ever again! LOL! Let's keep this thread alive!

OMG, i TOTALLY put that quote at the end of my original post as one of my pet peeves! For whatever reason I decided to delete it before posting.

Even when I was 215 lbs people were saying that I'm not big, just tall. so being close to 40 lbs overweight isn't big? Maybe it's just because they didn't see me naked. Fixed that problem!!! :D

(btw, j/k about the naked comment... i gave that up in university)

(j/k about that too) ;)

prepping 04-06-2009 04:16 PM

btw, wish I could reflect on what stores are the best for shopping but coming from Canada we don't have a lot of the same ones.

DCHound 04-06-2009 04:21 PM

My short friends think I'm tall and my tall friends think I'm average but as far as I'm concerned I'm just average height, although on the tall end of average.

Most pants I can wear an AVG inseam, although when I was over 300 lbs I usually bought TALL just because they fit better.

The only place nearby I can buy shoes at is Payless. Several times I've been in their (very small and crappy) size 13 section while other ladies are there shopping and the others are ALWAYS over six feet. I feel like a midget compared to them! Lucky me, to only be 5'8 and have size 13 feet. I also wear men's XL gloves.

Apple Cheeks 04-06-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preppingbride (Post 2687302)

Even when I was 215 lbs people were saying that I'm not big, just tall. so being close to 40 lbs overweight isn't big?

It's weird, isn't it? It's like if you're tall they don't notice the chunkage as much.

Or maybe they do, but they're afraid to say so because we all look like would could grind their bones into dust if angered! LOL! :p

xpinkglowx2 04-06-2009 06:39 PM

I am 5'11. i feel that if i gain five pounds you cant tell because it spreads out evenly, however it takes longer to notice when i LOSE weight too. my goal weight is 160. to me, that number still seems kinda high... but i actually LOOK like im 130 when im 160. so yeah i feel being tall hels with proportions.

ringmaster 04-06-2009 11:20 PM

I'm 5'9"... I don't get any thin or fat comments from anyone, but I don't think I look "thin". I'm an apple shape, so my legs might look thin, but I still have fat around the middle. I can grab alot of fat in my middle, so I know I need to lose some pounds.

I need to start working on putting on muscle to firm up my soft spots and changing my body composition a bit. I'm hoping at 140-150lbs I'll be thin with some muscle.

Leeesa 04-07-2009 12:33 AM

I'm not super-tall, but I'm larger-framed and all my life people always underestimate my size, weight, girth etc. I guess because I've always been hourglass and the weight goes everywhere. But it takes ages to go down a size when I lose weight, kind of frustrating. I've always felt blessed to be on the taller side though, definitely.