Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone!

so I'm not over 6', I'm around 5'9" or so. I used to be 5'10" before I got preggers and packed on 75 lbs. I can relate to most of you guys' issues, I cannot buy shoes (12 WW), I can't wear long sleeve tailored shirts, and when I was thin in high school I could not find jeans long enough anywhere. Talls were too short. Now I fit into Lane Bryant average length, which i guess is nice, and the new long torso, extra long sleeve style is helpful. i'm a big fan of 3/4 length sleeves though. I remember in high school shouting with my (step)dad about how my shirts showed middrift bc they didn't make them long enough in my size. Oh those were the days.

I feel like the tallest person I know sometimes...my mother is 5'2", my (step)dad is 5'6", and my half sisters are both around 5'2" as well. My husband is my height, and I only dated one guy taller than me ever. In fact, I once dated a guy who was a half foot shorter than me! I'm taller than all of my girlfriends, and most of my guy friends. I love my husband, but looking up at a man kind of makes me soon.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #287  

S/C/G: CW - 194 GW -168

Height: 6'1"

I love being tall....in fact, I always wish I were taller.

Now, my big ***, don't love that so much!
Old 01-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #288  
Getting there lbs by lbs

S/C/G: 346/260/184

Height: 6

I'm 6' and love it! All of my sisters are shorties (under 5'4) and when they gain weight you can tell. Most people never can guess my weight correctly, I guess that's a good thing, perhaps....At my smallest I was 188-190 and skinny people referred to me as a skinny ***** and some said I looked "sick." I didn't think so...My goal is to get back down to at least 200. I'm sure when I reach that goal I'll be aiming for 190 and so on....
Old 03-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #289  

S/C/G: S/217 C/197 G/175

Height: 5"11

I am new to this community and would love to join this thread. I am 6 ft tall and woud love to get support and information from others like me. I was reading some of the older post and I have to agree that being tall does help distribute the weight in a way people don't think I weigh as much as I do, but I see and think I am ready to give this diet thing a try. Look forward to meeting all of you and helping in anyway I can. Thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #290  
mizmiller

S/C/G: Start 367/322/299

Height: 5'9

My but and hips & thighs are a lot smaller than my waist so Its hard to find jeans to fit me I have 1 pair that does I think its an 8 blue? from layne bryant, the only store I shop at these days.

But thats not my biggest problem I have BIG boobs and a long waist And it is so hard to find shirts that are long enough, its better than it used to be but I still see to many shirts that are 2ft wide and 1ft long! lol
Old 03-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #291  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Great thread!

I'm Five Twelve and a Half. (or 6' 1/2") I have never been comfortable with my height and I'm almost fifty years old! I was an average kid but when I hit puberty I grew very quickly. I was 5'10" by the end of ninth grade. One thing I didn't like was that teachers and other adults expected me to act more mature than I was because my height made me appear older - more like a high school senior than a junior high kid. I wish there had been an internet back in the 70's so I could have ordered cute shoes in a size 11 like I can now.

I think that buying clothes for being plus size and tall is quite the challenge. I have always liked that Penney's and Lane Bryant catalog had tall pants, even tho' I really wish they were more fashion forward.

I just fot a catalog with some really beautiful (but a little pricey) clothes that were in petite, average and talls! They went up to size 20 - which I am squeezing into right now. I'm going to go through my desk and find and post the name of the store. I really like to support companies that will cater to those of us who are tall.

One last thought - a person in my family, who shall remain unidentified for now, the brat!, made a comment to me that I was "vertically challenged." I replied. "I am vertically BLESSED." He's just envious and hates that he has to look up at me to talk. Like it's my fault. LOL
Old 04-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #292  
Big Miss Sunshine

I found the catalog with the beautiful "tall" clothes! It's call Soft Surroundings. They have a website, also. I really like the outfit that I purchased and the skirt is so nice and long!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:00 AM   #293  
fra

S/C/G: 231/xx/150 [105/xx/68 kg]

Height: 6' [183 cm]

hey, this thread was made for me! I am 6'
pleased to meet you all, I'm Fra <3
Old 04-09-2010, 05:03 AM   #294  
fra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharmony View Post
Has anyone else noticed that being tall lets you wear a smaller size at a higher weight than average?
I apologize for the double post.. I just needed to reply to this >w<
I wanted to say I find I actually need larger sizes than average because pants are never long enough and my shoulders are so big.. I am not only tall but big framed too. But maybe it's italian clothing, I dunno...
Old 04-09-2010, 05:52 AM   #295  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm just a smidge under 5'10" and I carry 90% of my weight between my belly button and my knees. It's sooo fun ... er no. It is discouraging to wear the same size for 20+ lbs!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 229/221/200

Height: 6'0"

Hey Gals! I'm 6'0" too and now love my height, although I hated it when I was younger. I also find I have to lose more weight to drop a size. glad to have found you!!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi all! So i was posting on this thread a lonnnnnng time ago, I'm so happy to see that someone bumped it up!

SO! what's everyone's real goal out there?? I still am trying to figure out what I really want to be and you tall girls are probably the only ones that would have a good idea of what I'm talking about.

I am 5'11", and generally carry the weight evenly over my body but the majority is exactly what valrock says: between my belly button and knees. My lowest in my adult life was when I spent about a day at 170 lbs around 2 years ago. I felt good! Still could tone and lose some more but generally was a medium shirt and size 10 bottom. At that point I was aiming for 160 lbs though.
Now I would like to be a happy 170er. How about all of you??
Old 04-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #298  
fra

hi tall sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by preppingbride View Post
SO! what's everyone's real goal out there??
Now I would like to be a happy 170er. How about all of you??
well I'm aiming more towards a visual goal than to a number... I carry the extra kilos i have left in my belly and lower back which appears huge now that I have a slim tall body. i just want to be proportioned, so I want to drop them that's all
Old 04-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #299  
Big Miss Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fra View Post
hi tall sisters

well I'm aiming more towards a visual goal than to a number... I carry the extra kilos i have left in my belly and lower back which appears huge now that I have a slim tall body. i just want to be proportioned, so I want to drop them that's all
I totally understand going for a visual at our lovely heights!

When I was in college I was really into dance (classes) and it really got me into shape. I remember weighing in the 170s and wearing size 8 jeans! In my senior year I was ill and weak - exercising was all but cut right out! I remember my dad helping me get to a doc's appt. and he said "You must be feeling better and eating more - you've gained weight!" Doncha just love dads! Found out I hadn't gained any weight BUT at that time I was wearing size 12 jeans! So, I had lost a lot of muscle and gained some, but not a lot, of fat during my illness. Weight stayed pretty much the same!

I do have a weight goal but my most important goal is health, body fat percentage, resting pulse, bp. I would love love love to be a size 10 again. I'd be very happy with a 12.

Rock on, tall chix!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi all! I've come across a few girls here that have been excited at the thought of a thread for us tall women to get together and talk about life in our giant world. j/k

So this is an official BUMP!

Where are all of you hiding and what do you want to talk about?

I know that the constant question in my mind lately is "What should my goal weight be??" Right now it's 170 because I remember how I felt when I was briefly 170 a couple years ago. But should it be 160? smaller?
Last night I was looking at height/weight charts and found that I have a medium frame (on the higher end) so should weigh 145-159 lbs. If I was verging on a large frame it is 155-176 lbs. Holy crud! how on earth would I be able to do any less than 165 lbs?! Maybe there's some enlightenment from you ladies based on your experiences??
Closed Thread