Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #16  
in F major

S/C/G: 278/223/178

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlyss View Post
Ohhhh you know what I hate though, about my tall body type? No, not my body, I love my tall body - but I hate jeans!!! Jeans always fit me in the hips, but are too short and then the *** and thighs SAG!!
Hey, you just described the way most jeans fit me. I've had better luck with the fit of some that are specifically in Tall sizes (from Lane Bryant and JC Penny). Have you tried that? The styles are limited compared to jeans for average or petites, but jeans are a classic piece so a good fit can transcend trends.

When I'm wearing pants that are okay while standing but too short when I sit, I try to wear boots to minimize the high water appearance of my ankles.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

I also have to lose about 15 lbs before I can fit into a smaller dress size. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to lose 10-15 lbs before I see a change physically. I always thought I was imagining things. Being tall helped a significant amount with my pregnancy, my first pregnancy I gained 60 lbs, got up to 202 and no one could even tell I gained that much.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #18  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Fellow tall women! YAY!! I am 6' tall & it is VERY true that height plays a BIG part in weight appearance to others. I currently weigh in at 290 (sz 24), so I need to lose quite a bit. Yet, when I was my smallest, 194 (sz 12/14), family & friends said I was looking sickly & to STOP losing weight. Funny thing though, my docotr said I should be between 136 & 172. Uhhh, yeah. Not in this lifetime. I felt my best at around 200, so I would love to get back to that. If I get smaller, cool, but I don't anticipate it. LOL

I also see no clothing size change for a 10lb loss. I have to lose at LEAST 15lbs(more like 18) to drop a size. *sigh* Course, I can gain 15-18lbs & not have to buy a bigger size. It is a double edged sword, isn't it?

Last edited by realitymom; 01-03-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Typo'd my weight...quck way to drop 10lbs! lol
Old 01-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #19  
Time to get serious

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5'9"

With my last pregnancy, I had people who didn't even notice I was pregnant. They figured I'd just gained a bit of weight. Mmm hmm...

And yes to the boots comment, I LOVE boots. Helps with those not-quite-long-enough jeans. I lived for the capri era, all my pants were in style then.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #20  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

LOL

I HATE capris, tho they are growing on me now. Reminded me of my childhood days of jeans looking like capris when the look was NOT cool. *sigh* And tennis shoes when I was a kid...GAH! All the cute styles were NEVER in my size. Plain white KEDS were about as trendy as I could find. So sad...lol. Seriously, it was embarrasing back then. Now I look back & giggle. Ahhhh, adolesence.

Last edited by realitymom; 01-03-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

People didn't think I was pregnant either, just got fat. lol. I guess that's a good thing. I love boots, but I can never find any to zip over my calves, I have extremely muscular calves, which is good, but can never find boots! I always just buy seven jeans, they're always long enough.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 263/246/200

Height: 5'9

I too have to lose at least 15 pounds before I go down a size - I carry all of my weight in my arms/belly/hips so it takes awhile to see results. Hopefully we'll be seeing those soon though.. Yay for tall chicks though, I'm sad how often I encounter other tall girls who say "I hate being tall!", because I Love it!! We can reach our own things on the store shelves, thank you very much!
Old 01-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #23  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Ok I am 5'10" and 3/4 and no one thinks I weigh as much as I do....As for clothes I hate my weight 22w I dont know what the w stands for(wide....lol)I dont want to have to stay with the big clothes.....
Old 01-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #24  
Time to get serious

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5'9"

One of my girlfriends a few years ago went out shopping for a new pair of shorts. Now, she's not a shopper, really wasn't sure what size she needed, but went out to WalMart to get a basic pair of shorts. She called me when she got back, all excited, because she bought a pair of shorts, 24 waist, and they were baggy! I said "what does the tag say?" and she said again, 24W. To which I just had to laugh at her. And tell her the W is not "waist", it's "womens". It's still the big joke between the two of us. Whenever we have to buy a pair of jeans, or shorts, it's always 14 waist, or 16 waist.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:33 AM   #25  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Jay
Old 01-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #26  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I think I'm the tallest! YAY! 6'1" here. I'm 302 lbs right now (the start of my weight loss journey) and am in a 22/24 (22 pants).

I LOVE being tall... and I can't wait to be THINNER and tall b/c of all the new clothing choices out there. The worst thing about being tall is being FAT and tall... apparently, clothes stores don't realize that fat girls CAN be tall people too.

I hate shopping... the ONLY place I can find good-fitting pants (and even then, they're not "quite" tall enough) is Lane Bryant. I thank GOD for 3/4 length shirts, b/c I have yet to find a career button-up longsleeve shirt that I didn't have to roll the sleeves on because the sleeve didn't reach my wrist! I have large breasts, a long torso... and a ton of shirts fall much too short on me. It's awful.

So I will be glad when I lose the weight and have more choices of where to shop than just ONE store.

But yes, I agree---- being tall and broad helped me carry my weight and hide it better than other people. But, obviously, that's just the way it is. Even if I got SKINNY I would still be wearing queen size stockings b/c I'm just so tall. Even in a size 12 I was 200 pounds. I'm a large and tall woman. So I don't ever tell anyone my weight (except for you lovely ladies) b/c most people just hear a number and they don't take into account how much 6'1" worth of bones and body structure weighs!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #27  
in F major

BrandNewJen, I think you are the tallest one to check in (so far). Congratulations and, could you reach something for me?

While I was a 24 and 22 Lane Bryant was pretty much the only place I could find that had tall pants in my size, but I had to deal with everything else being cut wrong for me. I felt like it was a really big deal when I got to be a size 20 because that was the uppermost size available from otherwise tall friendly stores. My big vanity reward for getting into those sizes was a full length coat that really does make it to my wrists and ankles. I still love it even though it's getting to be big on me. When I've gone down another size I think I'll probably have it tailored.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #28  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hello fellow tall chicks

Jen - I totally agree with you on the "tall fat girl" comment !! The few plus size stores that we have here carry an over abundance of petite clothes, but think you can find a pair of pants longer than 32"... NOT. Very frustrating.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #29  
in F major

I've noticed that petites seem to get a much greater selection in department stores too. It's frustrating when I'm shopping someplace new and pick something up that I think is cute only to discover that I've inadvertently wandered into petite town. Those lucky little ladies get their own section! It's not as extensive as Misses but seems larger (and way more stylish) than Women's. All three are better than shuffling through mounds of jeans hunting for an elusive "T" following your magic number.

Like most of the chicks here, I really do like being tall. I just accept that I have to take the good with the bad. One specific bad is that shopping sucks. Being plus sized was going to give me an aversion to it anyway, but requiring a seemingly impossible inseam makes matters worse. I'm hoping that hating shopping builds character and that I've ended up less materialistic than the kinds of girls that treat retail endeavors like a sport.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #30  
Catherine

S/C/G: 446/389/200

Height: 6'2

Hello fellow Tall gals I am 6'2. Actually, closer to 6'3, but I dont mind rounding down

I have lots of weight to lose, thats for sure. But you know one thing I HATE? Is that people tell me.."My god, if you could just lose the weight..you have the height, you have the blonde hair..you can be a model!" Meh. Another thing I hate is that..I have a hard time with shoes..no stores in town carry past an 11, and that does not go near me

But other than that, I love my height. I constantly think about what I'd look like if I was short and weigh what I weigh now..and the height factor really is the saving grace sometimes.
Closed Thread