CALLING all tall girls

You're on Page 18 of 37
Go to
  • Quote: Hey hey hey tall girlies... what is considered a non-fat thigh for a tall girl? Mine are 22" at the widest part and I still feel like they're a little fat, even now that I'm at a normal BMI...
    I would love to have your thighs, lol! I'm 5'9.5" and 160 lbs, and my thighs are 23.5" at the largest part. Ugh! Can't wait to trim them down!
  • Hello everyone.. I'm in a bit of a crappy mood. I began trying to get rid of this extra weight that I have by walking every morning and eating pretty good for 8 days straight, but I just don't feel as good as I did the first several days. I feel like my 30-45minute walks aren't doing me any good. Should I walk for an hour and a half a day to see results? I'm really lost at this point.. I don't have any money, so I can't purchase any equipment or memberships. How long until someone starts seeing results? I'm just getting paranoid and am thinking maybe i'm not doing it right... I know it doesn't happen over night, but I don't feel any different. Any advice? Or words of encouragement would help. Thank you.
  • Hi Britt, I see you posted your message quite a while ago. How are you doing now? It does take longer for us tall gals to see results. More surface area for the fat cells to spread out. In my experience losing weight is more about your calorie intake than exercise. Make sure you are eating within your weight loss calorie range and the pounds will come off.

Good luck! Keep hanging in there!
  • Judy Lynn, I LOVE your "logo"
    Mind - Mouth - Muscle - Motion
    I am SO going to steal that!!!
  • This is so the thread I needed! It gets frustrating trying to figure out a good weight, when all these supposed actresses weight 110 lbs at 5' 10" It's nice to see real women putting their actual weight out there to help guide me in my decisions as far as appropriate weight loss. I was basing my goal on my sister's weight, tho I think I may have to up a few pounds to a more realistic 160. I won't know for sure though til I'm closer to the weight.
  • Tell me if I'm crazy here...

Does it seem like there are a disproportionate number of tall gals on 3FC compared to our numbers out in real life? Only 0.7% of US women are 5'10" or taller. And I never see other 6ft tall women when I'm out and about. But here they pop up all over the place! I think based on the numbers I see, we've got to make up more than 0.7% of the 3FC female population.

Is there something about being tall that gives us a greater chance of being overweight (not necessarily physiologically speaking but due to some sociological something)?

Hmm... Or it could just be me!
  • Is there a site that breaks it down further? Like what % is 5'10", 6', etc.?
  • Here's one: http://www.tallpages.com/uk/index.php?pag=ukstatist.php

0.78% of US females are over 5'10"
    0.32% over 5'11"
    0.07% over 6'
    0.02% over 6'1"
  • When I was in high school there were not many girls at all that were my height, now when I got to the store or to the school for my kids and they are all over the place, I actually feel short sometimes!

My oldest is 5' 10" and says that there are quite a few girls in her height range that she is friends with.
  • I am 5 8" and 1/2 and have weighed and was told I was thin? I think height could help in proportioning weight but also... it sometime just depends on the person, like most thing. I dont think that was much help, but there you go! lol Those are my thoughts
  • oh, that was supposed to say 164 lbs, sorry
  • I should poke around in the forums more often. I didn't realize this thread existed until now. I was thrilled to find it.

I can say that since I haven't even seen "Onederland" since I was in high school, I have set my goal weight at 178 and when I get there I think I'll be happy to stay. I picked 178 because that is the weight that I will officially have a normal BMI. I want to see what that feels like before I commit to going lower. I just think I would have so much skin hanging off of me at that point why go further. Has anyone out there that is our height lost more than 100 lb's and not had skin hanging everywhere?
  • Hello, I’m new and just found this thread.

I’m 6ft and weight 15st; 210 lbs clothe size 12/14 UK.
    All my friends say that I don't look fat because of my height, but I know I am and they don't believe me when I say I weigh 15st.
    I’m hoping to get down to 11st, 154lbs but I have no idea what clothe size that would be because of my height.

To CLCSC145 comment about the percentage of tall people; I’m from the UK where people tend to be taller (probably not a fact, I haven’t looked it up, just comparing things to when I went to America and in the UK), I do see quite a few woman my height when I’m out and about but not that many. So there are probably more people like me who aren’t from the US on here that may be why there are more tall people on here.
    The only idea I have why taller people tend to be overweight is; if your taller you need more calories than someone smaller and you can eat allot more, so maybe it’s just because you’re able to eat more (that made sense in my head, I’m not sure if it does written down.)
    Anyway, good luck with your weight loss people.
  • I'm 6'1" and unfortunatly now 294. I know that I was a size 14 at 185lbs and I could have lost weight then. My ultimate goal is to get to 170.

The funny thing is I know when I lose weight, clothes will be even harder to find then they are now. Pant lengths seem to get shorter as the sizes get lower...even though your height doesn't.

Hi to everyone here!
  • Also joining this thread if you'll have me

I'm 5'10" and I've always been overweight. I totally get the "You don't look that big!" thing. I had to get on the scale to convince my coworkers I was 190 lbs (when I weighed that much.)

I guess I'm lucky I'm not super leggy. I typically fit in average length pants, but occasionally have to go to the long lengths. I'm so happy that tunics and longer shirts are back in style, because now I can actually find shirts that fit right