Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 02:38 PM   #61  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi All, hope your weekends are going better than mine. Father visited again today and was so awful even DH was driven to the local fish and chip shop for a spot of comfort eating after he left!
Catnapping is so hard to avoid when the baby has to spend time in the car, and then when you get to where ever you're going you have a cranky baby to deal with. I'm walking more so he sleeps in the buggy which I can then wheel indoors without waking him up. I know thats probably no help to you at this time of year Jen.Thank goodness for the Gulf Stream which keeps us that bit warmer.
When Leo was cutting his first two teeth he hardly slept at all in the day, I think the pain is just too much for them.
Off to open a bottle of wine, I'm afraid. I blame the parents...at least in my case.
Geneve
Old 02-24-2002, 01:15 PM   #62  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I feel so depressed suddenly. I went into the bathroom and caught a sight of me in the mirror and suddenly noticed how huge my neck looks. I don't have an obvious double chin yet but my neck is so fat it practically comes out to meet my chin. sigh.

Drake is better but still a bit fussier than usual. We haven't managed the naps yet but I am putting him to bed a bit earlier.

The hubby has been in such a mood lately, it so doesn't help me trying to do anything. He just has such a way of bringing me down without even trying.

Geneve - I can't talk to my mom most of the time without feeling blue afterwards. She just critisizes everything. Also every phone call now is 'have you lost more weight?' and also something about Drake, at first it was the burping now it is that I am not feeding him enough. Sigh

sorry I am so down right now. I'm having car troubles too so I can't even get out. I think I'll take Drake out for a walk, maybe that will help my mood.
Old 02-24-2002, 01:57 PM   #63  

Jen! You poor thing!What you need is a break. it's been a long wet gloomy weekend here and if you were closer I'd suggest we head out for a beer and to **** with the calories!
All I can say is your Mother sounds like a very insecure person...but you sound like a very strong one. You take so much on board from other people you MUST be strong.
Some times all it takes is a glance in the mirror to wreck your hopes...I think I said somewhere before I still half expect to see Audrey Hepburn each time I look in the mirror, and half the time I manage to kid myself I'm looking OK, or if I'm not that it doesn't matter because I am a worthwhile person anyway...then BOOM one time I look in and I see what appears to be fat Beethoven in drag!
BUT you KNOW you will pick yourself up and tomorrow you'll be back fighting again beacuse you ARE strong and you CAN do it. I really think you can Jen...hang in there.
Tell your Mother to quit smoking, your husband to quit moaning...OK I know you won't but that's only 'cos you're too nice!
Off to calm the grizzly baby but I'm around.....
Onwards and upwards sweetie!
Geneve
Old 02-24-2002, 03:30 PM   #64  
bc

Jen, I agree with Geneve. My husband is driving me crazy right now. Perhaps we can get our husbands together and let them B&M together.

I haven't been documenting my foods lately and I think I better start again. I also haven't started consistantly working out. Still I know I am making better choices and that has to count for something.

Audrey Hepburn?! I don't think I would have ever qualified for that! LOL, still I understand there are good days and bad. We just have to clutch with two hands onto the good days.

Isabelle is now climbing on anything she can. She even climbs on the walls where there isn't anything to hang onto. I think walking will happen in the next few months. This is great, however we still need baby gates up and when I mention buying new one's because we live in a bigger house then with the other two children, my husband offers to make them. His specialty is making things from 2x4 which are not known for their delicacy. I tell him if she pulled that down she would be killed. I think there is a reason people don't make their baby gates........ and a good reason for him not to.

As I said he is driving me crazy lately. Do you think it could be PMS?

Barb
Old 02-24-2002, 03:45 PM   #65  

OH NO! Not another DIY husband!!! I HATE it when they want to make/mend things!
Mine plays cricket. He came home today with a split cricket bat (as much use as a chocolate tea pot) beacuse he thought he 'might be able to do something with it'.
If he's not careful I'LL do something to him with it!
It's not PMT...it's them!!!!What will I do...doomed to life in a house with 3 men (well five if you count the cats).
Geneve
Old 02-24-2002, 03:54 PM   #66  
bc

Geneve, I feel your pain!

My husband does equally silly things and can't understand why I am not supportive of his furnature making adventures. Well for one reason what he makes looks like a shipping box! He specializes in 2x4 furnature, but he also likes to recycle old scooters people have out by the curb. Our basement is a sea of usefull junk (only to him!)

I think our husbands have similar jobs too...... do you think it is related to that?

Now in a household of boys... just wait until both boys are using the toilet exclusively. The mess! Each claims ignorance of who made the mess. I said if I had yet another boy I wanted my own bathroom. Of course I had a girl.

I think husbands are there to test our patience............. much more than kids.

barb
Old 02-24-2002, 04:40 PM   #67  

I think it's over confidence, coupled with the total inability to recognise when things are going wrong. Mine once made a blanket box which would have taken a team of oxen to move, but would hold next to nothing. But the best is when he tries to make those flatpacked things, I'm quite good at it, but he never lets me as he likes to do it witout rading the instructions ...he says (wait for it) 'I'm the kind of person who WRITES instructions, not the sort who has to read them'...which explains why bits keep fallingoff our sons bed more than a year after he finished it, and no one knows what is in the blanket box as no one can lif tthe lid up for long enough to see!!!
Bless them, like they say,when God made Man, she was only practicing!
Old 02-24-2002, 10:37 PM   #68  
bc

When God made Man, she was only practicing!

I never heard that one, but I love it!

At least the flat pack things (like Ikea) give them the illusion they are creating something.

You know Geneve you are always good for a laugh.

Barb
Old 02-25-2002, 03:47 AM   #69  

HA!
You should be here this morning. I have done nothing but moan and yell at the kids...I am a monster before 10.00 and I know it.
Oh blimey,baby grizzling, must go and get ready fo the gym. This place is a lifeline, really it is!
Old 02-25-2002, 06:34 PM   #70  
Jen

All I know is that all our husbands must be related!!

How scary is that? My husband will hold onto everything and anything that he thinks may be useful down the road. We have leftover pieces of drywall, wood, every sort of small metal fasteners, you name it we got it. My husband isn't into building furniture, no he builds race cars. We have 2 junky cars in the alley and a basement full of car junk. You think wood is bad, try old tires and greasy car parts.

I'm feeling a lot better today. I think I've finally hit rock bottom and there is no where to go but up. I had a good walk yesterday and today and have done well with my food choices. For some strange reason I guess I thought this would be easy since I was off work for a year and just had to look after the baby. Yes I know you are all thinking "JUST!!???!!". Well it sure takes up a lot more time than I thought it would.

Thanks everyone for their support and best wishes. Drake is wailing so I'd better go. Take care.
Old 02-26-2002, 03:09 AM   #71  

Race cars! Oh my...you must have the patience of a saint!
DH gets it from his dad, who is a total hoarder...he can't get his car into the garage because it is full of bits of old wood he has picked up.
If it's any consolation Jen, I put on most of my excess weight looking after Ted in the first year. If you have been working you don't realise how stressful and time consuming it is. I felt very isolated and very bored which helped on the path to overeating.
At least you are here, and walking...and if your husband doesn't support you, you could always give yourself a good work out clearing out the cellar!
Have yo u seen the new smilies???for some reason not working for me today....typical.
I lost another pound this week.
Geneve
Old 02-26-2002, 07:19 AM   #72  
Jen

I did check out the new smilies, very neat.

My husband does support me wanting to lose weight but he isn't keen on the idea of 'faddy' diets. He'd probably not be happy about me doing slimfast but he doesn't know or if he does he hasn't said anything. I don't have the slimfast when he is here for breakfast and lunch, I'll just eat the same as him. I've lost a couple of lbs, I was back up over the 220 mark, now I'm back down to 219. It's all downhill from here!!

DH also gets his hoarding genes from his dad, you should see his dad's home office, looks like a tornado went through. Me on the other hand just want to throw more stuff out the more stuff he collects!

Take care all, have a nice day.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:28 AM   #73  
bc

Geneve congrats on the pound! You know you are doing something right!

Jen it is hard being home. We always think we will do the ideal and then reality strikes. I think one of the best things is to move and you are doing that.

Now could I get better at that?!

Hoarding? Well my husband has a three bay garage and drive way all loaded with cars. We keep three on the road and three are inactive (and as far as I am concerned JUNK) but he hangs onto them. Would seem we live in the country????? No we are smack right in the middle of town. Those cars take up all of our precious land! I think my husband romanticizes the mechanics life. Oh did I mention all of our cars are 10 years old or older?

Barb
Old 02-26-2002, 04:47 PM   #74  

What is it about men? WHy do they have to keep everything? I feel lucky after hearing about the cars though...we don't have naywhere to keep them or I guess he'd try! He does still have his old school uniform after all!
I have doubtless put on my pound again. It's PMT time, I'm feeling tired and greasy and I hate all of our friends. The only thing that helps is chocolate and tea, and I know I should be eating carbohydrates but I cannot.Makes me long to be pregnant again.
Hey Jen , have you sorted out your health problems yet?
Went to see Ted's teacher today which was a waste of time. They are so PC they won't actually tell you how your child is doing, presumably in case it upsets someone else. If I had the patience I'd educate him at home.
On the positive side, an organic, healthy curry restaurant has opened within staggering distance of my home. I have a table booked for saturday.
Actually, justrealised Valentines day has gone. WIll start a new thread so we can be easter bunny girls!
Geneve
Closed Thread