Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 04:42 PM   #16  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi,so nice to hear the baby news.
Leo will be 6 months on Feb 6th. Until recently he was rolling half way and getting stuck like Drake, but has now mastered rolling all the way over then crying. He gets around very fast backwards..he lies on his back,bounces his little bottom up and down and pushes off with his feet. looks ungainly but he can shift. Went to get the phone the other day and he was on his rug, came back and he was half way across the room with a fost full of cat hair!Sounds like Isabelle will be taking her first steps soon. Such a pretty name.
Jen, you did a good thing refusing to get into a dieting competition with your Mother. Mine does things like that and it drives me mad...makes me feel like rushng to the fridge. If she smokes she shouldn't nag you to lose weight. I gave up smoking 4 years ago, and yes, I did put on weight but I'm not dumb enough to start again. Parents can just be the worst...mine are anyway!
Off to bed now...gym in the morning.Although I'm disappointed about the weight thing I won't let it stop me...I want to be fit and going to the gym will get me there, even if I'm not thin...I'll be able to hurlthe next person who makes a rude remark about my figure across the room!
Onwards and upwards,
geneve
Old 01-25-2002, 07:01 AM   #17  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. Had a very sleepless nite, woke up around 2am and couldn't get my brain to shut down. We went to visit some friends yesterday who bought a townhouse and there is one down the road from them for sale. We've been thinking about getting into something else and this may be it. We really like the layout of their place and this place should be exactly the same. We checked the price on the web site and it is a lot more than what they paid for theirs about 6 grand so I think the sellers would probably come down then if we could sell our place for a few thousand more than what we paid we would cover the agent's commission and all the selling costs without having to put out any money. Plus with the interest rates so low right now we would have smaller payments. So I was thinking about all this stuff last night. First I'll have to call the agent and see what they might take. The hubby has been wanting to get out of this place for awhile, it was a major mistake buying it. Not that it isn't a nice place which it is but he went along with it because I really liked it and he didn't. Won't make that mistake again because I feel bad everytime he complains about something.

Geneve - keep up that positive attitude. It is great that you are keeping up with the gym and I am certain you will see results on the scale.

Barb - Yeah I wish we could all lose weight like Hollywood actresses who have nannies to look after their kids while they go to their personal trainers. I'd lose weight quick too!

Well take care all, I'll let you know how it goes with the house.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:54 PM   #18  

Jen, sounds like you have lots of good reasons to move...plus you would be close to your friends, always a bonus for baby sitting if nothing else! I know, what a mercenary I am
I'd like to move, not that there's anything wrong with this place, I'm just the restless type.
Had a better workout today and am feeling more positive.
Those poor little rich girls with their nannies and personal trainers! Can you imagine saying to your personal chef 'oh yes, i'll only be eating 1,500 calories today but I'd like three square meals and some snacks too, and can you work it so I can have a glass of wine after dinner...then having some hunk come over and make you feel special while you work out, then swim a few lengths in your own pool. Oh, and if you feel bored or down, no need to goto the fridge, just head for Rodeo drive, fith ave or kensington high street for a bit of retail therapy? Clothes don't fit?Oh well, emerald ALWAYS fit me
Oh well, good job I'm such a well balanced person and understand thet money doesn't equal happiness...she said through gritted teeth!
Have a good weekend everyone.
We have visitors so doubt I'll post unless they drive me to distraction and I'm up at 2 as well!
Geneve
Old 01-25-2002, 02:59 PM   #19  
bc

Jen, the new house sounds great. You will have to let us know how it goes. I picked out this house and my husband is always reminding me how he didn't want this one (not much yard), but he picked out the last one so it all balances out in the end.

Geneve, glad you are keeping up with the workouts. I am sure your body is loving it.

LOL, I am enjoying your posts on stars losing weight , however, I think I better clarify the LA Weighloss is a chain sort of like Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig. I believe their diet is more a low carb high protein diet. The moms on the card were real people. I just know it would never work for me. I have a friend who joined LA Weightloss and she could eat VERY little. Makes me hungry just to think of what she lived on.

I went to my boy's classes today for lunch. I am afraid Isabelle is a scene stealer. She is like a kid magnet. I suppose it was something to break up their day. She enjoyed the attention.

I am happy to say I am back on track with my eating. I have a few veggies I eat when I am near the point total and since they are veggies they don't have any points. It is wonderful to know I can eat something for "free"

My cold is on the mend too. Glad it didn't hang around for ever.

Barb
Old 01-25-2002, 07:03 PM   #20  

Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone - all the babies sounds like they are doing quite well!

Barb, Isabella is a quick one isn't she?

Jen - Drake does sound like he is doing well. And I agree, good on you for not going into a dieting competition with your Mum. Her starving herself to lose weight would not help anyone.

Sue congrats on getting under 200. Way to go!

Geneve - are you feeling any better? I hope so. And yes, how are your clothes fitting? Being so good with gymming it is quite possible you are gaining muscle faster than losing fat. Get off the scales girl

Well over here, Charlotte is now 9 months and she pulls up and stuff, but she still won't crawl! She has just started to get up onto all fours, so we are hoping it won't be long. She is very vocal though - Mum, Dad, Nanna, Bub have all been around for a few months. She does all the clapping, shaking etc. But she refuses to wave. So funny when we drop her off at the dcp and wave goodbye for 5 minutes - rather than wave back she just laughs at us!

My big news is that despite still breastfeeding, no af and using protection... I'm pregnant. Haven't had an ultrasound yet, but we're guessing only about 6 weeks. So I'll have two kids about 18 months apart. AHHH! My job ends in 4 weeks, so this is all a bit scary, but of course it is exciting too, another baby I did want to try for a boy next time, but I guess if she has a sister that close in age that will be nice?

I just wish I'd made goal! I'm going to keep gymming - I've only used 2 months of my membership - until about 7 months if I can and then I'll just walk and do some weights at home. I want to just put on the 15-25 pounds this time. Not 45! I'm still carrying 10 from last time after all....

Anyway, enough from me. Sorry I'm so MIA, but I do lurk a lot!
Sam
179(9 months pg)/141/130
Old 01-26-2002, 10:49 AM   #21  

Oh my gosh Sam! That is so exciting! Scary, but exciting. I'll send boy vibes your way ~~~~ ;> You've really gotten very close to your goal weight - that's so great. I've heard that the smaller you are, the harder it is to lose the pounds. Do you think that's true? It's good to hear from you.

Jen - how exciting! Go for it! There are so many benefits to living near good friends. For one thing, you can trade babysitting. Housing issues must be in the air - we're going to look at houses today too. Las Vegas has a great housing market - it's one of the most affordable places to live in the US, when you look at salary vs. housing costs. We're hoping to sell our house next January, and get a bigger one. I know that's a long way off, but I love to look at houses. I'm a realtor (I got my license for personal use, I don't do it for a living), so I can use my realtor "superkey" to go inside any house that's for sale in the city. Sometimes we go look at multi-million dollar estates, just for fun. Last week we saw one that had a 16 horse stable, indoor pool, and was 21,000 square feet. What on earth would you do with a 21,000 square foot house?!!?

Barb and Geneve, I'm so glad you're both feeling better. Geneve, sounds like Leo is ready to take off. Are you babyproofed? I haven't done a thing like that. Hopefully I've got another month or two before I need to worry about it. Barb, isn't WW good? It really helps me. It's the only way of eating that I've found, that I can stick to, and that lets me lose weight. It really teaches you about appropriate servings and stuff, doesn't it?

Megan is 5 months old now. She gets to eat fun stuff now, like apricots and blueberries, etc. She gets so excited when it's time to eat. I love it. We went to Chilis last night (I stayed good, had the Guiltless Chicken), and she was getting so excited watching me eat, I finally fed her a bit of squash from my plate. She made a mess, but liked it. She's so much fun now.

I'm STILL not exercising. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM!!!! Please kick me in the butt. Oh well, at least I'm eating healthy.

Take care and have a great weekend,
Sue

Last edited by SueMoo; 01-26-2002 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-26-2002, 01:36 PM   #22  
bc

Sue what a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb
Old 01-26-2002, 05:08 PM   #23  

What a beautiful baby Sue! Interested in an arranged marriage...God knows I'd like good looking grandchildren I must try to work out how to get a picture on here, I would LOVE to see all the babes.
Sam, WOW....you must be feeling so many different emotions. I'm scared I'm pregnant...no MP but too scared to take a test. My first was an against all the odds accident so I know they happen, and for a good reason I am sure.
Must get to bed....
Geneve
Old 01-28-2002, 08:06 AM   #24  

Happy mondays everyone.
I just wanted to apologise for my poor opinion of weightwatchers. I had a sit down with the CD rom this morning and I had a few shocks with the points thing. I am going to try and persevere with it, as obviously I'm not as well informed about my food choices as I had imagined!
Geneve
Old 01-31-2002, 02:51 PM   #25  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. Just time for a quick post. Drake started rolling over all the way this past weekend so we were thrilled with that. The house thing did not work out. We put in 2 offers but the guy is holding out for his asking price, oh he did go down $900 after the first offer, big wow. It is too bad as we really liked the place. We are keeping an eye on it as the agent doesn't think he will get what we wants as all the places around him are going for much less and his place is not all that special that someone is going to pay that much more. So in a few weeks he may change his tune.

Take care all.
Old 02-02-2002, 03:16 AM   #26  

sorry about the house Jen,but I'd hang on in there...if the market is the same there as it is here, looks like we are coming to the end of a boom in prices. If his hopes are unrealistic he won't sell the house to anyone else either.
Just wanted you to know that after a week of WW(never over points) and 2 trips to the gym I've lost NOTHING! This is becoming a bit of a joke now. I should throw the scales away, and I'm not as down about it as I was, but I do wonder what exactly I need to do loe this weight. It's not as if it's just a few pounds either.
Oh well, I'll just have to keep on keeping on as they say.
Anyone else lurkig out there?Post a few words, I'm lonely!
Geneve
Old 02-02-2002, 11:57 AM   #27  

Here to vent so ignore this if you want. Dad and sister came to visit today,he had been here but a few minutes before he started making cracks about my weight, and it went on all day, I should just write him off as the bully he is but instead I'm undoing my hard work sitting here with a glass of wine and a familiar burning in my eyes from trying not to cry.
When I was a kid was too tall, too freckly, too smart, too lippy, and now I'm just too fat, but hey, I've managed to snare a decent husband and produce two lovely sons...better look out, if I don't sort myself out I'll lose him you know, no man wants to take his wife out looking like that.....
To be honest I think it's too late for me, but so help me I will never ever run my kids down.
That's all ....cheers ladies.
Geneve
Old 02-02-2002, 03:07 PM   #28  
bc

Geneve, you answered your own rant. You have managed to do quite well in life and you shouldn't let your father get you down!

Go ahead and have the glass of wine, but do so in celebration.

I doubt your husband would ONLY love you if you were slender. I am large and I know my husband loves me (even if he wishes I were smaller) no matter WHAT my size. There is much more that goes into a person than their size and we (society) needs to stop thinking size is the only way to rate a person. Live a good life, treat people fairly, try to impart a love/sense of joy into your kids, and be satisfied you have done well.

Sometimes we really can learn from our parents mistakes.

Barb
Old 02-03-2002, 10:31 PM   #29  

Hi ladies...

Thanks for the kind words about my little one. I totally agree with you, hee-hee....

Geneve, hang in there, things will get better. Personally, I think that WW really does work, but it is centered around slow and steady weight loss. Emphasis on the slow. Sometimes it takes a week or two for the water weight to go away. And if you are gaining muscle, you may have lost 3 pounds of fat, and gained 3 pounds of muscle, but guess how much less room the muscle takes up! Have you tried measuring yourself, instead of worrying about the scale? Some people find that it works much better for them and is more accurate... Do your clothes fit differently?

Hugs to you about your dad. No offense, but what a jerk. I'm right there with you - I've just had another major fight with my mom, and I'm feeling quite devastated about it. Parents can make you feel rotten in ways that other people can't. I tell myself to ignore her, she's a bitter, poisonous person - but the words she has to say can't help but echo in my brain. I am fighting SUCH an urge for brownies right now, I swear. I will NOT do such things to my daughter. She is so precious to me - I can't imagine having a twisted up relationship like that with her. I pray that we will be good friends when she's older, and that I will always be a support to her - lifting her up, not tearing her down. Sigh.

Jen, sorry about your house. It's such a tense time when you make an offer. Some sellers are just really stupid. Wow, Drake is rolling early -STRONG BABY - watch out, he'll be mobile before you know it. Meg just started rolling over CONSISTENTLY, in the last 3 weeks.

Well, I've droned on for long enough. I need to lose 1.5 more pounds to hit 30 pounds off since joining WW at the end of October. Wish me luck with getting there sometime this week. (A girl can dream...) Hope you all have a good week.

Take care,

Sue

250 highest preg weight/225 joined WW/196.5 current/155 goal
Old 02-03-2002, 10:54 PM   #30  
bc

Ok a quick one here. We have been sick in the house today and nobody has wanted to eat. Guess I don't have to worry about points today!

Sue you are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!

A quick single serve brownie is the No Pudge brownie mix and yogurt. I use a coffee scoop (perhaps a tablespoon or two) and moisten it with whatever yogurt I have on hand. Zap it in the microwave for 1 minute. I believe this is suppose to be one point per a brownie. If you can't find the No Pudge locally try it with some other lowfat box brownie and it might just work. It is worth a try. Earlier, I had bought the No Pudge but they are a bit pricy so I went and bought a lesser low fat brownie mix and made it with yogurt instead of the oil and water. It turned out great. I haven't tried it with the single brownies though. Just make sure you eat those low fat brownies pretty fresh they get hard quickly.

Barb
Closed Thread