Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 12:59 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default The Thin Group #72

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 01-13-2002, 01:05 AM   #2  
CJ

Please forgive me if I don't stay long ... I will be back to post a longer post soon. I have been sick (flu) and that is why I haven't been around. Actually, I am on my way back to bed now but thought I would check in ... I hope you are all doing ok ... I know I have some catching up to do! Soon .... I need to get back to journaling (thank you Chrissy for keeping up with the food journal posts)! Also need to get the updates up ... maybe tomorrow.

Jo: Need an update please on your weight!

Chrissy: Do you want me to add you to the updates also?

Sandy: Got yours - will add you too.

Oh gosh - sorry, off to bed for me. Later......

Love, CJ
Old 01-13-2002, 12:54 PM   #3  
CJ

Am pulling up and bringing over MK's and Sherry's posts from #71:

Quote:
Originally posted by MK
Hello everyone! The snow has all gone. That will probably be all we get this year. I did make a snow angel. Someone asked me how I got down to make one. I said: The same as anyone else, I fell down and crawled back up It was fun!

My son turned 21 today. He is out celebrating! He will be sorry tomarrow

Well, I wieghed last week and still weigh 255. I need to get busy AGAIN and get past this 250 mark. I will do it.

I have to go to the gyn doc on the 23. I don't like going. I had to put it off the last few months so it has been over a year since I have been. They want you to make your appt. 8 weeks in advace and it is hard to out think your period or the doc is not going to be in his office during the right time. I guess I should be happy this only comes up once a year

Does anyone else suffer from reflux? I take generic zantac everyday. They say not to over eat or lay down for about 3 hours after you eat. They DON"T say what to do if you fall asleep sitting straight up. I said something to the doc last time I was there, but I was sick at the time so he didn't say anything but that was unusal. He put me on the med. and never did any testing to make sure there is nothing else wrong. I think when I go back for my check up I am going to ask him to check the esaphagus to make sure something more serious isn't wrong.
I do know losing weight might make it a little better, but I have met some really skinny people like size 3 or so that have the same problem.

Well, guess I will go for now. Take care everyone. Mary Kay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherry
Mary Kay,

Has everyone left us???!!! I wanted to respond to your post about reflux.

I had surgery last June.I have reflux too.My hospital stay was 6 days!! Over a 6 year period, I was eating tums or rolaids constantly.When I got up to 6 rolls per day, I promised my hubby that I would go to the Dr. She gave me precription medicine (Prilasac...sp) and after 4 months of taking it, I was STILL eating tums or rolaids. When I went back to the Dr. she wanted me to have the Upper GI done, which showed I did have GERD.After that, I had the tube ran up the nose & down the throat (forgot what it's called) And had the scope ran.They said I had to have surgery because I had so many ulcers in my esophagus. When they did surgery, they found that those ulcers were slow growing cancer cells.They removed all 12 of those,part of my stomach & part of my esophagus.

Today,I'm fine.I no longer have heartburn.The only drawbacks from surgery is diaheria once a day, and some foods I have trouble swallowing. If I eat too fast I have hic-ups very bad.(Too much air gets in). Other then these minor things.....No problems!

I'm telling you all this because if I would have waited 6 months longer, those ulcers would have turned to cancer. I cringe every time I hear someone say they have reflux and haven't been to the Doctor.People really don't realize how serious it could be. PLEASE tell your Dr. about it when you go!! If you want to ask me anything, please feel free to. Let me know what he said...ok?

Sorry this post is long & only to Mary Kay.I'm tired but will post again tomorrow.

Goodnight...and Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 01-13-2002, 11:37 PM   #4  
Mistress of My Universe

Talking Evening, Evening

Hi Everyone!!!

Where are you all???

So I went to the gym yesterday and busted my butt on the ski machine. Ack, ouch!

I had promised to make Chris ice cream sundaes when he came over last night, but then I got to thinking... So I went out and bought plain vanilla ice cream, which is 140 calories a cup, and diet root beer, ZERO calories, and made him a root beer float instead That way I didn't waste my workout on my dessert!!!

Today, I was supposed to get to the gym, but didn't. Bad me! I already feel like I'm slimming down again. I was 150.5 on the scale, so have one more pound to get rid of and I'm back to where I was mid December. Yes, holidays are BAD for me! Hehe.

Least I know I'll get 4 good days of working out this week. I really want to get to 5 days a week, but something always seems to pop up and take one of those days. Grrr. Today, I was all over town. Last week, a medical appointment took 2 1/2 hours instead of the one I was expecting. GRRR. LOL.

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:42 AM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

Default WHAT HAPPENED???

Where's my last post? And there was another one after mine too, I know there was!!! They're gone! Come on. It can't be my imagination. I posted about my gain on Saturday and someone (I'm sorry, I don't remember who) posted after me. But the posts are gone!!!

I swear I'm not losing my mind....

....am I?

Jo
Old 01-15-2002, 09:29 AM   #6  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Don't worry Sherry I am here.

Hi guys,
How have all you Thinsters been? I hope everyone is doing good now that the holidays are all over. Thank goodness. I am on my way to work soon so I don't have time to go back and look at all the previous post and address everyone at this time, but I will be back soon to do that. You can bet on it.

Well the good news is that I for the first time EVER in the 3 years I have been on my Weight Watchers program I didn't have a weight gain during the holidays. I can hardly believe, but last Monday when I went in-my weight in is on Monday and we didn't have class for 2 weeks cause it was Christmas Eve and New Years Eve those days. But not only didn't I have a gain, but actually lost .6 lbs and than when I went in again this morning to my WW class I lost another 2.6 lbs as well. That makes 3.4 lbs in the 2 weeks. I am doing the happy dance right now. I am down almost 40 lbs so far and am over half way to my goal now and have to lose 29 more pounds. The good thing about not gaining over the holidays is that every year so far I have gained about 6 or 7 lbs in January and than it takes me months to get it off and than get back on my way back down. I get behind the 8 ball so to speak and it really hurts me when I have that holiday gain. But this time with no gain, it will be easier to get down more and it makes my goal more attainable now. I know that when I went to Michigan when Dad was in the hospital we ate all of our meals out or else grabbed something from the cafeteria and I didn't feel like eating because my stomach was in such a knot from everything happening. Than when we went to Florida to see Tracy, I tried to watch it too and not over indulge. So I guess with all that was going on I didn't exactly have the usual food fest I always have during the holidays with parties and big family dinners too. So I will keep on working on everything and keep on exercising as I have been doing faithfully, which really helps me I feel. But we will see what the year 2002 brings.

Talk to you all later guys, Love you, Sassy Sharon

P.S Hey Jo who's watching your mind?????? You haven't lost it, just misplaced it temporily. LOL
Old 01-15-2002, 01:17 PM   #7  
Conquering with SBD

Ok, Jo, I will back up your theory about the missing messages...I was the one who posted after you. It was a great message, wasn't it?

Anyway, just want to report that I lost another 2.25 pounds last week. That brings me under 140 pounds, so I did reach that mini-goal. Yeehaw!

CJ - Hope you are feeling better quickly. We miss you here.

Sharon - Good for you. I'm so pleased that you are losing weight so consistantly. It will be no time now that you are down that 29 pounds. Over half way to goal is a great accomplishment. Keep it up.

Gotta go, a policeman just walked into my office...

Luv,
Old 01-15-2002, 07:04 PM   #8  
Mother Hen

Default GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!

The scale said 256 this morning! That's three more pounds gone forever!

My MIL (from my first marriage) passed away last Friday. The funeral was today. I had to go by myself (my daughter isn't around anymore), no-one to lean on, no-one to draw strength from, but I DID IT! I hate funerals, so sad to say goodbye to someone you loved. So many people in my life have died in the past 4 years. I feel like an old wrung-out dish rag.

I'm craving food! Anything! I know it's just stress. I'm not really hungry. But it's all I can do to keep my mind on other things and my head out of the frige. I keep reminding myself I have lost 7lbs. already this year and only 56 more to go before the first of next year! I CAN DO IT!

My living room is looking beautiful! A couple more days should finish it. Then I have to start counting my penneys to see if I can afford new drapes and carpet.

My son finally has Allura, (my 12 yr. old grandaughter) on his Navy insurance! Thank Goodness! She is a severe asthmatic and had no medical coverage for quite a while. She has been doing so much better, health-wise, since she went to live with them in Houston, but now she can have all the medical and dental care she needs!

My computer has been giving me fits for the past few days and this morning my server was down. That's just another source of stress! Hang in there Jude, Hang in there! Now I'm talking to myself!

Think I'll just go have a good cry. Then I'll eat some fat free jello!

Hugs, Judy
Old 01-15-2002, 10:29 PM   #9  

Hi Ya'll.......

I haven't felt good lately. I went to the Doctor yesterday because I'm still having upper stomach pains (attacks).She drew 3 tubes of blood.She's checking to see if I have H-Pylori again.This is the bacteria that causes ulcers.Remember, I had surgery for the SAME thing 1 1/2 years ago.Also...she's checking for Pancreatis.Anyways, I'm trying hard not to worry about it 'til my results come back in about 2 weeks.

I have been staying on plan.This morning, I weighed 181.I started this time at 182......dropped 2 lbs. last week and this week gained 1 lb. back! But that's ok....because I'm walking daily and muscles weigh more.

Judy,
Don't cry! Bless your heart! Sorry to hear about your MIL passing.I know it must have been hard! Congrats on loosing 3 more lbs!!!!! Yep...that's right...3 more gone forever!!!

Peggy,
HMMMMMMMMMM.........was that policeman lookin' for you???? Oh, I know.....He was lookin' for those 2.25 lbs. you lost!!! WTG!!! You go girl!!! I can't wait 'til I see the scales say 140!! Proud of you!!

Sharon,
I'm so happy you posted!! I've truly miss you!! I know that you've been so busy.I'm proud of you for staying the same during the Holidays.That took Will-power!!! You've done so good.I wished I had your motivation. I often think of your Dad.Know that I add him in my prayers.I'll write you an e-mail tomorrow & play catch-up.{{{{{ hugs }}}}}

Jo,
Yep....when the server had problems & they had to change over, we lost all the posts from Monday.You're not loosing your mind!! I thought I would play a trick on you & say that they were there...but that would have been mean!! LOL!!!!!

Guess I'll end here & get things ready for work tomorrow.......I'll post more later...
Goodnight....
Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 01-16-2002, 11:38 AM   #10  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default I am on my way back to Michigan.

Hi guys,
I have to leave for Michigan today sometime. My sister in law Chrissy called me a couple of days ago and said she had to take my Dad, Papa back into the hospital. It seems that he was throwing up blood again. We really thought the medicine was going to work and that everything would be alright and that he had the MALT type cancer, which is a low grade cancer and a bacterial infection. But now they did another scope and the tumor in his stomach is getting bigger. So now Chrissy said the doctors think he may have been misdiagnosed and it may be another cancer, maybe gastric cancer which is deadly. So they did another biopsy, won't know the results for a couple of days. But Chrissy called me today at work and said the doctors said the is still bleeding and surgery is needed right away to remover that tumor and see what else in going on in there.

So it is scheduled for tommorrow sometime so Ken and I are packing and will drive to Michigan to be with him. I feel soooo bad for him and want the best for him and hope that this will help him. We knew some decision had to be made, but with me in Indiana and my other brother in Florida, it was hard. Thank God for Chrissy helping out there. I don't know what I would do without her.

Anyways, sorry to have to go again but I just have to be there to be with him. So I will try to keep you updated. Dad doesn't have a computer, but Chrissy does so maybe she can do that or I can jump on while I am there. Or else I can give CJ a call and she can update you on all of this.

Please pray for my Dad that everything goes ok for him.

Love you guys very much, Sharon
Old 01-16-2002, 09:26 PM   #11  
MK

Hi everyone!

Sharon: Will be saying prayers for your dad and your family.
((((((((((((((((((((((( HUGS AND ANGELS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Judy: We are at the same weight. I better get busy though so I can keep up with you Sorry about your ex. It isn't easy at anytime.

Sherry: Hope those test come back with good results.
((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS AND ANGELS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Thank you for your reply to reflux.. I too am taking Raintidine. I also have a prescription for Prilisec. He dosen't want me taking it all the time. I will be going back in a few months for my reg. check up. I may have to go in just for that to see if he will do

some tests. When you said put the tube down my nose, I don;t think I can do that. I would panic. I wonder if that new drug out that sounds like Prilisec would fix the problem. It is advetised on tv that he heals the esphagus. I will have to ask him.

I did do my cardio glide for about 5 min. Not much but I did it. I moved the furniture around to make it easier to get to.

I go to the dreded GYN next WED. I get a mammogram too,. I don['t mind the mam, but I hate the other part. OH well, I guess I will get ;it over with for the year

Well, I better go, my hubby wants on the computer. Take care everyone., Mary Kay

CJ: I hope ;you are felling better Take care of ;yourself.

Last edited by MK; 01-16-2002 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:51 PM   #12  
Conquering with SBD

Just popping in quickly to say hi to everyone. I won't stay long - I cut the tips of six of my fingers last week and the pain is excrutiating. 12 bandaids later, I can at least type a bit without getting the keyboard covered in blood. Sometimes, I'm just not the brightest...no comments, please.

Judy - So good to hear about your weight loss. I am really concerned about you and the sad things that have been happening in your life lately. I'm praying for you and hoping that you get through this time soon. Take care, sweetie.

Sharon - Sorry to hear that your dad is not well again. Praying that the tests come back OK and that you are able to be a support to him.

Sherry - Good to hear about your weight loss. Not good to hear about your health. Hope everything is OK and that you are able to finally conquer to the problem with the ulcers and reflux.

CJ - Where are you? You must be really sick to be absent for so long. However, I did notice that you were not only able to drive really fast back from the cabin to start the thread, but also get up from having the flu to start the next one. Hmmmm.

Jo - Haven't heard from you since the infamous lost post. Your boss can't be keeping you that busy. Or is it the kitchen. How are the renos coming, anyway? Come back!

Gotta run here. Hubby needs the 'puter. He's teaching an online course and thinks he should have it so that he can conference with his students. Men! Honestly. I'm not sure where I went wrong in training him this past 31 years. I guess we'll need to talk about priorities. LOL

Luv,
Old 01-17-2002, 12:38 AM   #13  
Mistress of My Universe

Thumbs up One Great Dane Nose in My Eye later...

Hi Everyone,

Right before I decided to sign on, my durnable Great Dane decided to jab his @#$% nose into my eye!!! DOGS!!!

I finished my 4 days of exercise with a bang today! So now as soon as possible, I'll get to 5 days.

And now, now I am dog tired. ACK!
Old 01-17-2002, 12:46 AM   #14  
Mistress of My Universe

Default <~~~~~~~~~very tired

Hello Again <blush>

So I forgot what I was posting about in my last post. I'm dog tired because I had to get up at 0530 to get to work for 7 hours, drive an hour to the hospital, see the 'yucky' doctor or the crotch mechanic, however, you would like to term it, and then the gym, then drove an hour out to see my BF who hadn't gotten back from work yet, so I just came home. LOL.

As you can tell, I'm tired, too tired.

Oh yeah, my subject. So I got a Depo Provera shot today and am worried that it will keep me totally from losing any weight. I mean, I can feel muscle building now with the 4 day workout I've been doing (I know! As soon as life would stop interrupting, I'll be doing 5 days!!!) and I hope I didn't just waste all my effort by getting this darn birth control shot. I didn't want to take any pills because they screwed up my sister.

Anyhow, so it's worrying me a little because the Nurse said, "Oh, I think people gain about 10 pounds on the average."

TEN POUNDS!!! That would mean I'd have 28 pounds instead of 18 to go!!! WAAAAAAAAAAH! I don't wanna GAIN WEIGHT!!!

Hehe, so I'm tired and blabbing. That's me

TTYL.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:06 AM   #15  

Hello Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. I know I haven't posted in a while ... so here I am. It's a whole new year to work on a whole new me. A couple of ladies and myself are doing WW. Actually, we have some WW menus that we sticking to. We just started on Monday so I will let all of you know how I do. So far so good. I don't want to weigh myself but I'll let my clothing be my weight loss gauge.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Sharon and Chrissy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} - I hope Papa gets better. I will pray for him and your family. May God give you the strength you and the support you need to help you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} - I'm sorry to hear about your Mother in Law. You've had quite a year. Please find your strength in this wonderful group of women. God be with you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{SHERRY}}}}}}}}}}}}}} - I hope that everything turns out OK and you feel better.

A big hello to all the newbies!!! You will love this wonderful group of women, they are a remarkable!!!

Well ladies, it's my bedtime. I will post when I can.

God bless each of you!

Later,

Sylvia
Closed Thread