Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #1  
Losing it!

Default Not just any Miscellaneous Club * LOOZING FLOOZIES #31

WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE FLOOZIES!
A great group of women who are experiencing the up's and down's of life along with the up's and down's of the dreaded scale.
Stop in and say hi, then plan on staying with us as we support and motivate you!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #2  
Losing it!

Hi group! I hope it was ok for me to start a new thread since we made the move. I had planned on doing it anyway since Cheryl is away.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Suzy as you struggle through this most difficult day. Words can never express the pain I'm sure your feeling.

I hope everyone is doing well and can HOPEFULLY find us here!

Dee, OUCH! Hefty fine for just not having a license. Sometimes I question our legal system. I would consider a dog bite worthy of a hefty fine. But what do I know.... :-)

Janice, are you fighting off the sugar monster yet? I bet by now you have whipped him silly and on the road to thindom.

I hope our sweetie Cheryl is having fun on her trip. You think little Stew is enjoying all the music in Branson?? :-)

Shelley, I miss not having you around as much but I also know you are very busy. How is life going?

I am at 38 pounds lost and stalling. This is PMS/TOM time, so I'm hoping I will see a loss this next week. I had Allison take a few progress shots of me today. I'm happy with my progress so far.

I also went last Sunday to observe taking Communion to the homebound and residents in nursing homes. It was very fulfilling for me to witness and I plan to go again this Sunday. I will then need to be commissioned and can then be a fill-in when needed. It is amazing to me, the Dementia residents who no longer have a sense of surroundings, short term memory or who people are, can sit and say the prayers by memory without any help.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Default (copied from your last thread) :)

Hello ladies,

I want to you to the Miscellaneous Clubs. If there is anything you need, please let Marti or me know, and as your moderators, we'll do whatever we can to help.

Note to Suzy - although I don't know you at all, I, too, lost my dad, so I know how you feel, and my heart goes out to you.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #4  

Jane thank you for the warm welcome. I am sure many of us Floozies will feel lost for the next while. Sorry to hear about you Dad.

Gayle wow almost 40 pounds. You must look smashing. Can I see the progress shots? Don't worry about not losing anything this week. If you are working at it you will show on the scale soon.

Cheryl, hon when are you getting home? We are missing little Stu!

Suzy how are you doing? I know that it has been a terrible week but we are here for you, that is if we can find you on this new thread.

I have a yummy fall dinner in the oven. It is a rib roast with garlic mashed potaotes, honey carrots, and corn, topped off with pumkin pie all on program.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:44 AM   #5  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Today was the hardest day by far to get through, but we all made it and the service was lovely...my daddy would have been proud.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I know I keep saying it, but I don't know how I could have made it through all of this without the love and support of my family and friends and you all definitely fall into that category!

Gayle ~ You are doing so great! I need some of your motivation!

I'll be glad when Cheryl gets back too...I hope she'll be able to find us!

I'm going to give myself a few more days and then I am going to get back OP and get this weight back off. You all are going to have to stay on me about it too...no more backsliding!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 06:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Suzy, take a week or so, just rest, relax and try to do something for yourself. Then we will get on you and you can get on us, to stay OP! This has been one tough summer and fall for you.

Gayle, you have really found your niche with the older folks! I can tell from your posts just how much you love them!

Dee your dinner sounds great!

When does Cheryl get back?

Shelley, how is the foot doing?

I had a gain this week at WW, but not sure it is a true gain. After belly dance class a bunch of us went out to lunch. We had Indian food. Very good, but we sat around most of the afternoon and we were drinking water. Then I went to the WW. I think it was just the water weight and will see how I am doing today. Even if I did gain for the food, the lunch was great fun and great to sit and chat with the ladies from the class!
Old 10-13-2007, 07:56 AM   #7  

Thanks for the welcome, Jane! It was very hard to be rejected from our own board It's nice to have a friendly new board, though.

Suzy-You should take as long as you need. My prayers are still coming to you.

One of the ladies at school came up late yesterday crying and crying. Her mom had just called to tell her that her uncle had passed away. He lived 2 doors down for her. Please pray for her also.

Gayle-How nice of you to make the home visits. You are a dear angel. You are doing wonderful on your plan. There has to come a stall at some point. I'm sure it will start going down again. Hey, at least you still get TOM

Dee-How are the newlyweds doing? We haven't heard much about them.

Cheryl-I hope you are having a nice trip with mom.

Debbi-You are doing great on the exercise board. My foot is feeling so much better! I'm going biking in a few minutes and will be posting my ride in a couple of hrs. when I'm back.

Janice-How are doing?

Carol, Sherry, Debbie, Ramona, I hope you all come back and find us soon!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies

I hope we can make you feel at home here in the Misc. Clubs.

As Jane has already mentioned, if there is anything that you need or questions that you want to ask, please don't hesitate, give either Jane or I a holler and we'll do the best that we can.

We both want the move here to be a pleasant experience. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Glad to have you with us!
Old 10-14-2007, 05:10 AM   #9  

Thanks for the welcome, Marti.

We are going to Tampa today for Becky's sorority parent's brunch. We have to be there by 10:30, then back in Ft Myers by 6:00, since Patty need to be at work by 6:30. Whew!

Yesterday, I went with Patty to David's Bridal for her friend's bridemaids to try on dresses. They are going to be beautiful. Of course, Patty looks gorgeous in all of them. All the girls are adorable. Her friend will be 18 when she gets married in March. They are just babies, but the wedding will be very nice. Here is the link to the dress:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesma...=10046&cfid=48
Old 10-14-2007, 08:52 PM   #10  
Janice

Thank you Jane and Marti for the warm welcome. Give us time to adjust to our new surroundings and you will find a wonderful supportive group of gals.
Suzy - My heart goes out to you and you and yours are in my prayers.
Gayle - You are doing great, just stick with the program and you will make that scale move. I think sometimes our bodies take a bit of adjusting to the changes we are making.
Dee - Yummmmm!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:31 AM   #11  

Would you believe we got home yesterday from our trip to Tampa and Becky called us to say her car was towed from her apartment. We used my car yesterday and never noticed hers missing. They said she was over the line in the parking space. $185.00 later, she was able to get the car. She is picking up pictures this morning to see proof of how far she was over the line. We want her out of there and into the sorority house. We took the elevator up to her apt. and there were 2 open beer cans with pee all over the elevator floor. She says welcome to college life. Yuck!!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #12  

I'm Back!!!

I share the disappointment in losing our forum. There was no advance warning to me, as moderator, either--I found out the same way you all did. Oh well, c'est la vie, right?

Mom and I had a great time in Branson.

On the way home Stewart called me and told me my cousin (and next door neighbor) had been calling every night for me but wouldn't tell him what she wanted. I called her when I got home and she asked me if I was wanting to give my dog away since I wasn't taking care of him anymore!!! I was like, WHAT?? She said he's always at her house and eating their dog's food, so it's apparent I'm not feeding him anymore. First of all, I feed that glutton twice a day, same time, every single day. Second, she feeds all the strays in the community, so there are always at least three dogs (besides mine) at her house---I CANNOT compete with all that "dog company". I told her to quit feeding him and tell him to "GET!!" She said, "but I feel sorry for him, he's so skinny." He is NOT skinny! He's a Weimaraner, and he's the perfect weight for his breed type!

Sheesh.

Suzy, I'm so sorry about your dad. I may check in to what you PM'd me about.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #13  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome home Cheryl...you have been missed!

Wow Shelley...I guess they are serious about parking down there!

I guess we are now trying to figure out what normal daily life is going to be here. The girls are coming back tomorrow and today I'm trying to get my house back in order. It's just going to seem so strange not to be spending every free moment at my parent's house. My mom has this week off of work and is going back to work next Monday and my sister starts back to work on Saturday.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #14  

Suzy-Is your mom staying alone, or will she be moving in with you?

Cheryl-Welcome back! You and your mom always have a nice time on your Branson trips, don't you? That does seem ridiculous about the dog
Old 10-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been so quiet but it's been very busy here at work.

Suzy~I'm truly sorry for your loss. Take care.

Cheryl~dogs! My buddy used to purposely "get lost" so that my neighbor would take him in for the day--they free feed their dogs (3 of them) and Buddy would end up eating every last morsel of their dogs' food! No wonder he had a weight problem! My other dog knew better and she wouldn't follow him through whatever hole he managed to break in the fence!

Shelley~what sorority is your daughter in? Oh, how I remember those days! My DD has no intention of joining a sorority when she gets to college--she'd rather be a band geek!

My in-laws arrived back in town for the winter and we had a great weekend catching up. Now I need to start thinking about a Thanksgiving menu. Seems like just a short while ago when I was talking about all the pies I would be making for last year's celebration. This year I am hosting, so I'll have a lot more work to do.

DD and I went Saturday for her senior high photo shoot. The photographer is a friend and I think he went the extra mile with her! Over 200 photos in 2 hours! She posed in a variety of outfits including her band uniform (and with several of her instruments). I can't wait to see the proofs.

DH and I went to a wine and hors d'oeuvre party at the Bighorn Golf Club (the party was in conjunction with the Samsung golf tournament there this past weekend). We got to see two of the newly completed homes there (in hopes that someone in the crowd would make an offer on the homes--not us! $11million just isn't in our budget.). We had a good time marveling at the workmanship and the view from these homes. It was also interesting people watching. Why would a middle aged woman dress to flaunt her newly augmented 38EEEEE breasts? It just wasn't right in so many ways!

Gotta run. DS's after school club was canceled and I need to pick him up.
Closed Thread