Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dee~I was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. I started skiing when I was still in preschool and even taught skiing in college. DH (also an avid skier) and I stopped skiing when we got married (we claim it was the expense) and switched to golf (no less expensive). We sold our skies (and snow shovel) when we moved to the desert. Now that we live in "golf-ville" we rarely golf. In fact, I've never golfed here--only do it when we go on vacation. $200 green fees here are enough to turn anyone off of golf! Sure the price goes down in the summer, but who wants to golf when it's over 110 degrees?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:57 AM   #107  

Allison-I skied once on fake snow in Gatlinburg. I fell down the hill! It was a riot.

It is quite chilly here right now, in the 40's. It is supposed to get to the 70's today. Then back into the 80's as the week goes on.....Are you jealous?
Old 12-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #108  

Jealous? YES! I went running this morning and it was only 44 degrees. Brrr. I don't know what the forecast is (other than sun and cooler than usual) but I hope it gets into the high 60s. I'll be so much happier when this cold front leaves. They said we might get some more rain from it, but being in the desert, rain rarely amounts to anything except to get your car dirty.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #109  

Allison wow golf is expensive. I thought that payiny $40 was a lot. I guess I won't complain when Larry goes golfing.
I have never been down hill skiing. I have only done cross country. I am scared to go down hills when we do cross country.
I really don't feel sorry for you, it is 21 here and I think it is balmy. It is warmer than average right now. I hope that it stays like that for awhile. Like at least 39 days. Why do you ask 39 days......that is because that is when I leave for mexico.

Shelley don't push it to much running. Maybe stagger your days that you push it. What did you buy the girls for Hannuka?

Janice you snowed in or Christmas taking you away from us?

How is everyone doing on their eatting habits?
I was just horrible last week. When Larry was gone I either don't eat much or I go monster crazy on sugar. Well I ate dozens of cookies, chocolate, carmel corn, peanut brittle and lots more. This was not in small doses.
The weekend improved and yesterday I got back on track. I am not making any more baking because I will eat it. I will just make a dessert for christmas day.

Too many temptations this time of year and I am not good with that. I need to keep the temptations out of my house.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #110  

Ooooh, Mexico!!! Where? I'm jealous!!!

My eating is okay. I crave creamy casseroles but am doing pretty good at staying away from them. I'm doing lots of soups instead. Treats are minimal. But my weigh is still up (don't refer to ticker!).

I've only gone cross country skiing once and I failed miserably! It is SOOOO hard to go down hills on those skinny things! Regular downhill skis are much easier for that.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #111  

Do you girls think that we should start a new thread?
It is getting pretty long.

Allison your weight should come down if you stay away from sweets and cream and saucy foods. Do you journal? I find when I do that keeps me honest and eatting what I should be.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #112  
Janice

We got that storm. They say it was one of the worse storms in 50 years. We took two days to get out of the driveway. I was so happy not to have to work Sunday.
Dee - thank you for the words of encouragment. I want the Biggest Loser book for Christmas. I figure if all those folks can do it I need to know some secrets.
Poor Poor girls in Florida and California -- want some snow?
Old 12-19-2007, 06:54 AM   #113  

Height: 5'-2"

Ladies, I'll close this thread, as Shelley has started a Floozies #32.
Closed Thread