Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #91  
Janice

Dee - We are going to keep this thread going. I am going to post everyday.
The weather here has been very cold but at least it didn't snow today.
Sounds like you have a plan to occupy yourself for the next week. I always watch the Biggest Loser, Kid Nation and Survivor.
Trying to stay away from all the goodies at work, it is so hard this time of year.
I need to get back to the gym and the pool. I feel so much better when I do.
Allison and Shelley - whats up? All ready for the holidays?
Shelley what kind of surgery might you need on your foot. I am having heel pain lately and I'm not sure what its from.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:20 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Hey Sherry! Hi!

Ready for the holidays? Nope. But I did make a stab at it yesterday and got most of my shopping done. I got home and DH had gotten all the decorations down. My In-laws came for dinner and helped decorate the tree (thankfully--I really dislike doing that--so much so that I didn't put the tree up last year). Now I look forward to spending a few hours tonight wrapping presents and getting things ready for shipping. What about you?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #93  
Janice

Sherry - How wonderful to hear from you. We are trying to keep the thread going but there aren't too many of us left. We are hoping others will join us again soon.
Please know that we are still here for you if you need us. We missed you too.
I'm pretty much ready for Christmas, just a few little things left to do. I like to make the kids (27 years old) a basket each with all the little things that you have to buy anyway. Shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, cologne, etc. etc. still need to get those together.
We have tons of snow and it sure looks like a white Christmas for us.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:09 PM   #94  

Janice we have a lot of snow too. Do you ever have to shovel the snow off your roof? We sometimes do but it is often in January of Febuary. Looks like it will be when Larry gets home. We have a story and a half so it is a bit steep and Larry is scared of heights but it has to be done or we will have a leaky ceiling when it thaws.
I wish I would have sent my cookies off the seniors. I ate about 3 dozen this weekend. Thank goodness they are gone now. I am not making any more. I will just have a dessert for christmas day.

SHERRY....wow I am so happy to see that you posted. Still working the games.....I was thinking about you the other day and if you were still working the games.
Since we lost our birthday thread will you please help me out and tell me what day your birthday is this month? Well at least I remembered it was this month. hehe

Allsion are your in laws staying in a trailer again at your place this winter?
That was nice of them to help you put up the tree.
I haven't started wrapping the gifts yet but that is about the only thing I have left beside a few gifts for Larry. Fortunately with all the neices and nephews and friends we cut back on last year I don't have anything to ship.

Shelley are you busy with Hannuka? What are the girls getting this year?

Tomorrow I am off to Gail's so I won't be posting for awhile but please keep this going.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #95  

My in-laws have moved up in the world. They sold their 5th wheel and truck and bought a really nice coach and an SUV to pull behind it. The coach is a 40 foot long model with 4 slides so it's really roomy. It has a lot of upgrades. They're parking it on the lot we bought last year--it's a 20 minute drive from our house.

No snow here (but what do you expect in the desert) but we've had some rain and it's really cloudy again today. I do like the rain and we certainly need it, but I'm starting to miss the sunshine.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:58 AM   #96  
Janice

Allison - Want to trade homes for a couple of months?? I would love rain right about now. We just get snow - snow - snow.
I took the bus the other day to work. It was my first time taking a bus. So much better than driving myself. It was snow, freezing rain and the roads were a disaster.
Dee- Have fun at Gail's.
Can we get our Birthday list back somehow?
Got to get some groceries and then get ready for work. Another storm heading this way this afternoon but what else is new. Another day, another snow storm.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #97  

Well, the rains have stopped so now we just have the same old, same old (which here is SUNSHINE!). I think they estimate that we get 335 days of sun here. I'm sure it's true! The saying is (even during a horrendous downpour) "it never rains in the desert."
Old 12-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #98  

Janice we must have sent the storm your way. We had a big blizzard yesterday. It is -41 with the windchill today. Poor Larry yesterday he wanted me to feel sorry for him, it was 100 humidity and 86, pretty hard to sympathise with him when the winds were gusting up to 60 kms.
He is going to have a chill shutter down his spine when he lands tonight.

Allison it sounds like your in laws have a beautiful coach. I love the sun. Manitoba has a lot of sun, it is called sunny manitoba. I think that we are the sunniest province in canada.

I had a good time at Gail's. One night we went to christmas bingo. They had the usual cash prises and also turkeys, hams chocolates and oranges. I won a big turkey. She lives in a tiny little town. It seems like every business has decorated for christmas. The main street is so pretty. Just like a post card.

Sherry and Shelley where are you?
Old 12-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #99  

Hey all. I didn't realize we had some oldies back, I am willing to stay around and post here. I just emailed the group that I had addresses for. Anybody have Doni's new email addy? I keep getting returned emails from her.

I am getting ready to go to Orlando in a few minutes for our principal's son's wedding. It should be a huge Italian wedding. It's at 4:00 today at a country club in Orlando. I am wearing a black dress that I wore to a Christmas party probably 25 or 30 years ago. It fits, just a bit more curvy than before. I really need to lose these excess pounds and during our winter break (starts 21st) I'll be getting in running gear. I have been back to 12 or 15 miles per week, which is practically nothing, but at least I am getting out there. My foot hurts, but I just don't care anymore. I would rather be fit! Better go, I'll post more in the next few days.
Love to you all. Oh, 1 thing. Please pray for 2 kids from our school. Their dad was involved in a horrific traffic accident. He was decapitated. Such a nice loving family, and the mom and kids are of course devastated.
CYA!

Last edited by ShelleyM; 12-15-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:47 PM   #100  

I know what you mean about just not caring about the pain. My knees hurt but it feels better knowing that the rest of my body is benefiting from running. If only I could convince DH about that.

It's been cold here in the mornings (46 today) so I went to buy a new running top (2 shirts is too much, one is not enough). The one I got is a bit thicker, so I think it will do me just fine. But then I got to looking around. Not a good idea! I ended up buying the cutest jogging suit--grey and yellow Nike. I could have coordinated about 7 or 8 pieces but held myself to the pants, jacket and cute running top. It's cute enough that I can wear it to run errands or use it for running or for my weekly walk with DH (which hasn't been weekly lately).

My shopping is done! My wrapping is done! The tree is up. All I have to do now is to send off 4 boxes of presents. Thankfully we have a FedEx account at work. Nothing more complicated than printing the labels and calling for a pickup!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:04 PM   #101  
Janice

Shelley - enjoy the wedding. I wish I could get into clothes from 25 years ago. Maybe if I ever smarten up I will. Prayers for that poor family.
We are expecting the worse storm in 60 years so the news is saying. I am glad I'm not working this weekend. We have so much snow already I don't know where they are going to put it.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #102  

Shelley I am sorry to hear of the tragic accident. That poor family. It is hard to understand why something like that could happen.
I am sure that the wedding was awesome. Italian weddings are pretty grand. Congratulations on being able to fit into a dress from 25 years ago. Take care with the running. I know what you mean when you say you just run through the pain. I do that everyday when I am at the gym.

Allison wow you are organized. I am sure that takes a load of stress off. All I need to do is wrap and if I have time I will buy a few more small gifts.

Janice we have a ton of snow and at least three more months to go. As far as I am concerned it can go after christmas. Now time to kiss some a$$ and drop some pounds. You did it before you can do it again.

I was on a sugar fix the last week but I have no more excuses or sweets in the house so time to get serious and watch my diet and journal.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #103  

Good morning! The wedding was amazing and we all had a very nice time. I got home just in time for Becky to go back to Tampa (she was here for 1 day.) She will be coming back for her break next Sat. It is quite cold here this morning, 40 something, and the high will be 65, which is the coolest we have had this year.

Gotta go walk the dog before work...
Old 12-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #104  

Good morning everyone! Just checking in and keeping the thread alive.

It's cold here. It's threatening to freeze overnight so I have to bring in my plumeria plants at night. I'm sitting here at work with my coat still on and my hands are ice cold. I just can't imagine living in snow country again!
Old 12-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #105  

Allsion where did you live before?

You poor girls....all chilly and cold, like I am all warm and toasty! Not!

Shelley I am glad that you enjoyed the wedding. What was the brides wedding dress like?

Janice did that storm hit you? It is pretty ugly out east.
Closed Thread