Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #16  
GmaTo8

Just a quick pop in,

CJ - yes, keeping your group together is what matters most.

aivlys - congrats on the loss. Glad your health scare didn't turn into something bad.

Sassy - oh my gosh, we did have so much fun! I'm up for it again, just let me know when! The sad thing is, I've lost and gained, and am basically the same weight now as I was then - just older. Congrats on the new baby - hope he and momma both do fine. Yes, I LOVE this grandma gig!

kelton - I am right across the river from Lawrenceville, in rural Vincennes! I drove an hour north to meet Sassy. Small world, right?

Have a good day!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #17  
Rapid Cart-wheels

S/C/G: 213/200/180

Height: 5'8

Jane oh my gosh !

We used to go to Vincennes to shop & eat out cause there wasn't any other place as close to eat. It was like a *big* town to us

There used to be a pizza place with a big projector screen tv I think it was called Mr Gatti's or Gatsby's (sp) ?

Oh and Bobes Pizza (still crave that sometimes)

I also recall 6th street being a major street for us.... is that the one that has all the shops & eatteries ? or is that the one you take to go get to them all ? Oh well it doesn't matter anyway.

My *first* time at a Big Lots was in Vin. I thought I had walked into heaven

We used to drive the back way (go under the george roger clark bridge & head down by the river)..... it was so beautiful back then, but then they cleared out or atleast started too a long time ago.

Well sorry for going back into a flashback lol
Weird how a person on the internet can have been so close & yet we never met. Or heck maybe we did lol
anyway, have a good one today !
Old 10-16-2007, 08:52 PM   #18  
Rapid Cart-wheels

I just realized that there was probably a daily thread & I posted here instead of there, sorry.

I gained a pound today.... that just topped my day

ANother emotional stressful day (family issues with oldest *grown* child).

I ended up drinking 7 sodas, eatting two regular eggs with 2 pieces reg bread... 2 grilled cheese & turkey sandwiches all regular, salad & carrots & radishes with 2 tbs ranch (reg),.... one of those bags of noodles that you just add milk & water & butter to it & heat up on stove. I think it's supposed to be 3 or 4 servings.. I ate the whole thing myself, and of course I am hungry now. Ok not hungry but wanting that comfort food.
I'm not giving up cause I just can't BUT I am disgusted with myself... this emotional stress crap is apparently not going away or being fixed anytime soon (thats the way it looks) so I have to get a grip on myself and stop being a frikin' garbage disposal.
Ok sorry for spilling my gutts. I **promise** not to do that anymore. I apologize for it. I get to typing and forget this is a specific forum and not a grip & moan forum.

I hope everyone had a really great day !!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:34 AM   #19  

Howdy Ladies!

For some odd reason, I seem to be in a funk. It's like I have no control over my appetite and just want to eat and eat. I really thought I was over this, apparently not. I did manage to workout an hour at the gym this morning. I didn't go last week and it felt really good to work up a sweat. I also ran into 3 ladies from my WW meeting at the gym so I think it was a sign for me to get my butt back on the wagon.

Kelton-Don't beat yourself over what you ate today. Tomorrow is another day and start over. As long as you don't make it a habit, then you'll do fine. You can spill your guts out to us if it helps. I've spilled my guts to these wonderful women before, and they helped me get through some pretty rough times.

Sharon- Thanks for the pm. I can't believe you have 2 grandbabies (I'm sure Kelly had had her baby by now, well I hope she has) who are a few months apart. You are going to be a very busy grandmother. My journaling is getting worse. I do well for a couple of days and then try to add up my points in my head. I don't recommend doing that. :lol

CJ- I'm sure you are trying to keep up with Carley. Just imagine all the calories you're burning!

Well ladies, I hope you all have a great day!

Sylvia
Old 10-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #20  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Brandon is here!

Hi everyone,

My new Grandson, Brandon Joseph Payne was born early this morning at 12.55 AM. He weighed 6 lbs, 1 oz and is 19 3/4 inches long. My daughter, Kelly ended up having a C-Section as her blood pressure was really up and a result the babies heartbeat was not good. So she was my 1st born and I ended up getting a C-Section with her as well as the other 4 kids. So when we went in to see her afterwards she was laughing saying "Gosh Mom, I guess what goes around comes around, now Brandon, my 1st has done it to me too and I had to have a C-Section". How funny!

She is doing great and tired, but happy that it was finally over and her and her hubby, Brian have their baby. So needless to say I am one tired lady, after not going to bed till about 4 AM and having so much to do today, people to call and email and everything else. But I am happy to have Brandon and I can't wait till his big cousin, Tyler, 6 months old and now 22 lbs, and him can play together. Not to mention what my house is going to look like with 2 little busy boys running around. Oh well I am sure I will love every minute of it.

Kelton-Thanks for posting and letting us all know more about yourself and your family. Yes, I now know how you feel about your grandaughter. Please don't let anyone get you down about yourself, I think just from your postings that you are a good person with a whole lot of love to give to everyone. You will get to where you want to be I just know it. We will all be there for each other and you really do fit right in with us, I can tell you right now. I love you already! I want to address you moreabout some things, but will save that for my next post otherwise this post to you will be a novel. LOL So spill your gut anytime you want, we all have times like that when we could eat the whole refridgerator, I too have been there believe me, you are not alone by any means.

Sylvia-I am not practicing what I preach either and since it has been so crazy lately I have not wrote down most of what I eat either. But last night at the hospital I did go to the cafeteria and pick out some celery, carrots and dip, a hard boiled egg and some skim milk, instead of that cheeseburger that was trying to call my name. It paid off to for me, I went to my WW meeting this morning and lost .8 lbs and I had lost .8 last week, so every little bit helps and I am headed in the right direction now I feel. You will get over your funk and seem to be headed in the right direction. I am with you, those 3 ladies from your WW meeting were a sign, I would take it that way too. The fact that you were at the gym shows that you are serious about your commitment.

Jane-Yes, we really did act goofy didn't we? Yes we can do it again and we will. I am probably the same weight too, so don't worry about it, we are in the same boat. We need to bring pictures too, I want to see those beautiful Grandkids of yours. I will be in touch when things calm down, but hopefully it will be soon.

CJ-You still watching Carly? I know you are wore out, but arn't kids so cute? I can't wait till the boys are that age, what fun Grandma will have with them, how tired Grandma will be, but it will still be fun. LOL

OK everyone, we are on a roll here and all have been posting fools. Keep up the good work, it really does help to motive me so much. Here is something to help everyone out.

Love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 10-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #21  
Rapid Cart-wheels

Sassy

CONGRATS !!!!!

So HAPPY for you & family !
Old 10-20-2007, 05:34 AM   #22  

Smile Thanks sassy for welcoming me on here

Hi Everyone

I am a new member to this site and it was nice of sassy to welcome me on this wannabees site .
I only joined yesterday so it is all new to me I hope to get to know all of you ladies I have been struggling with my weight along time never got to a target weight as ive always lost then put on again but with help i might get there and also i will give help and support where needed .

Thanks sassy
Old 10-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #23  
Rapid Cart-wheels

Melanie, Welcome !

I'm still new here too.
The people are great & very welcoming and give very good support & advice.
You'll really like it here.

Glad you're here !

Old 10-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #24  

Thanks Kelton

For welcoming me its all new to me still but i will get there thats what you need very good support and welcoming you.

Thanks again
Old 10-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #25  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Wink Hi Melton!

Hey Melanie a great big to you, so glad you decided to join us.

You are going to just love it here, you will fit right in.

I know how you feel as I too have lost and gained the same weight over and over again, but this is a new beginning for all of you, including you too Melton.

We can't wait to get to know you, tell us about yourself, I know you are from the UK, from your post you had on the Introduction thread. Looking forward to getting to know you and know the other Wannabee's feel the same way. Thanks for the post!

kelton-Thanks for the congrats and we are so excited about this little bundle of joy coming into our lives.

I have been at the hospital for the past few days, and have been staying over at Kel and Brians to take care of SIL Brian's 10 yr old son, Miles, so he isn't alone since Brian has been staying at the hospital in the room with Kelly and Baby Brandon. He is a really nice kid and we have been having fun. This is Kelly's 1st baby, but I consider Miles a Grandson and he calls me Grandma. I have known him since he was 5 yrs old and Kel started dating Brian, I don't see him as much as he lives about 1 1/2 hrs away in Cincinnati with his Mom. But I really enjoyed being with him.

Kelly came home today with the baby and everything was ready for her and I even did her laundry for her. She was happy and was showing the baby his new room when Ken and I left. I think he liked it, not sure about that one. LOL

I was glad I brought my computer to my daughters house, so I was able to post when the baby was born. So I am home now and just want to catch up on some things needed doing around here which includes of course MORE LAUNDRY!!

That is it guys, ready for more chit chat, come on guys, we have a new girl in town-Melanie, so come on and let's make her feel welcome. I know it is the weekend and everyone is busy, but come Monday morning I expect you guys will be here bright eyed and bushy tailed. LOL

OK talk to you guys all later, Love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #26  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Oh gosh I'm so sorry for not being in here for the last few days! And this is going to be a short one - just wanted to say hello and let ya all know I'm still kicking!

A big WELCOME to Melanie! Glad you joined in with us and hope to hear from you more. I promise I will post more tomorrow but wanted to welcome you to the group!

Sharon: Congrats on the newest arrival ... glad Kelly is doing well. Was fun talking on the phone for hours with you today! It's been a long time ... talk to you again soon.

Kelton and Melanie: I will try to find our Bios tomorrow and pull them up so you can post your Bio if you want to.

Slyvia: Keep on posting sweetie - we've missed you!

Got to go .. can't keep my eyes open. Nite to all and I'll post longer tomorrow (or Tues - I have Carley tomorrow)

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 10-22-2007, 09:23 AM   #27  
Rapid Cart-wheels

Just stopping by to say Good Morning to all.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi all!

Sharon--congrats on the new grandbaby! I know you are not the proud grandma, are you?

To everyone else, hi and thanks for all the kind words of support and encouragement. I'm not going to be on here long, but wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.

My soon to be ex has really gotten on my last never today. I knew he had a girlfriend, and was serious about her, that is why he finally filed for divorce (we have been separated almost a year and a half now), and I knew our daughter Hannah should be told about the divorce. Well, she pretty much figured that out herself. Still, she and I talked about it a couple weeks ago, and she seems fine about it. Anyway, I told my ex that if he wanted Hannah to meet his girlfriend, then it was okay with me.

Today, he picks her up (I don't remember him telling me he was picking her up, let alone anything else he did today), and takes her to his girlfriends house. Then he proceeds to tell her Mommy and Daddy are getting divorced, this is his new girlfriend, and they are getting married in March.

I am fuming now. Not because he introduced her to the girlfriend, but that he just dumped so much on her at once. Like I said, she knew of the divorce, so that wasn't a surprise. But I wanted him to introduce this lady as his friend for now, just so she could get used to the idea. To tell her he's getting married? I think that was way too much. She is only 8. Am I just being too worried?? I remember my dad's first girlfriend after he and mom got divorced, and I hated her. Nothing she did, it was just too soon.

Hannah did have a few questions. Luckily, she waited till she got home and my mom was there with my ex to answer the questions. She asked if she had to call her mom. They both told her no, but it was up to her with whatever she felt was right. Hannah also asked when I'm getting married (not anywhere in the future!), and that was about it I guess.

Hannah and I talked tonight, and she doesn't seem to be phased by any of this. I hope she really gets to know the girlfriend, and they have a great relationship. I love my step-mom, and hope Hannah can be as close to her as I am to mine.

Sometimes, I just wonder what he is thinking when he just goes and does things like this? Then I wonder if she knows what she is getting into?? I guess that really isn't nice, but I lived with him impulsiness for 14 years. He has a bad habit of just jumping right into things without thinking of the results. That's fine for his life, but when it comes to our daughter, I wish he would just stop and think a minute!!

Okay, I am done venting and fuming for now. Thanks for listening.

Talk to you all later.

Kim
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #29  
CJ

Good morning everyone! Thought I would get in here and post real quick before I get so busy again and then I don't post. I have been taking care of Carley - took a day to go to Traverse City with some of the girls from Curves - spent yesterday going to Apple Orchards/Cider Mills with Carley - we found one with a corn maze - she had a lot of fun with that.

I'm trying to get all my summer clothes packed away and get out all my winter sweaters - because I have such limited space here in the cabin I'll have to do that until the house gets built - then I plan to have a place for summer and winter clothes so I won't have to do seasonal switches!! Snow is coming ... we already had it twice last year at this time so we are getting a little "break" but it's just around the corner.

Am doing a bit better this week on my eating .. am making healthier choices - or trying harder to. I did join WW online - I just have to follow it! LOL

A big hello to Sharon, Slyvia, Kim, Kelton and Melanie - hope to hear from you all soon - and newbies too!

I will check back in later ...

Love, CJ
Old 10-28-2007, 11:52 AM   #30  
CJ

Hey everyone - I found our bio's thread - yippee! So I bumped it up for us as we may all want to update it a bit ... I see that the moderators, Jane and Marti put up a sticky for all the clubs but I personally would like to keep ours with our own personalization and ability to edit ourselves if need be. CJ
Closed Thread