Old 10-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #76  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelton View Post
Can I join too ?
Definitely Kleton!

Okay, I thought I posted in here earlier but obviously it did not take Maybe it's the meds I'm on... I am starting to feel better. Now I'm just dealing with this scratchy throat. I wish it would go away I haven't worked out this weekend at all. I'm going to try to make it to the gym tonight though. I have lost 4 pounds this week though so I am thrilled with that, but I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that I have been sick. I'm determined not to let any of those pounds come back on...
Andi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:36 PM   #77  
bringing sexy back

S/C/G: 241/ticker/140

Height: 5"6'

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldwv View Post
You know, Justin is bringing sexy back so I'd think he'd be an awesome motivator!
Oh and he is... I feel kinda old and dirty over him, even though he's just a few months younger than me. And the whole boy band aspect, I don't think I've admitted to anyone but my husband that I'm a fan. Well, outside of him on my myspace, but surprisingly no one asked what he's doing on there.

Andi, get well soon girl!! congrats on the 4 lbs. I am scared to the point of stomach knots to go on my scale. I hate feeling that way, but I feel like I am just working so hard, I don't want to feel like I'm going backwards.

hi kleton and all other newbies!! Lets hope for a GREAT weigh-in tomorrow!!

Last edited by mommy2monkeys; 10-14-2007 at 11:17 PM.
mommy2monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:13 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 215/211/140

Height: 5ft5

Talking Weigh-in time!!

Hi all - I don't know whether it's trailing around recruitment agencies or just the stress of the job interview but I'm down 3lbs from last week! Woo!

It's possible my body has taken a little time to respond to the dieting but I'm hoping a super good week and I'll be near my target - fingers crossed.

Good news on the interview front: they've asked me to go for a better role which may even include international travel to the US! All very exciting.

Been fun reading about your fantasy men I'm a big Justin fan too but also Jake Gyllenhall was on TV on Friday night - very funny and very sexy! My poor boyfriend, no idea what I'm thinking when I'm snuggled up to him. In general though any music that can get me dancing is a good thing and motivates me more than some personal trainer. I'm thinking of getting one of those 'Dance Generation' mats for my boyfriend for his birthday - he's a percussionist so loves them (!) as he's really good at the rhythm: good way to exercise too!

Hope everyone else has a successful day. I've access to the pc again this week so will try and keep in touch.

~Sara
saralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #79  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Sara, good job on the 3 lbs and even better news about your interview(s)/job. That sounds fantastic!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Travel would be great.

Not too excited about the weigh-in today but I'll report, just the same. I don't expect very good results.

Oh, almost forgot. We have one of those DDR/Dance Generation things here at the house (actually two). When my kids are on it I almost pee my pants laughing. It does work up a sweat though.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:59 AM   #80  
bringing sexy back

Wink

Hi Sara!! Great news this week!! 3 lbs is awesome.. good luck with your super good week! I know I need one of those.

I had trouble sleeping last night (it is storming bad here) so I got out of bed and did my weighing and tape measuring. I am up a pound but I have lost inches on every measurement.

There's a couple of things I think it could be. I hope it's a little muscle gain, when I started this I had little to no muscle at all. It could also be a little issue with my IUD. I'm not overly concerned with a pound, especially since I can see (and feel!) a big difference in myself.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weigh-in!!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #81  
Cindy

No change for me this week girls. I'm at 202 still. I don't know if I should cry, scream, or just give up. Grrrrr! I'm so frustrated.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #82  

Talking

Morning ladies! Congrats on your 3 lbs Sara! Bree I like the tape measure versus the scale any day

As for me, this weigh in had no change (no gain, no loss) but I anticipated that because it's that tom.

At least I am eating better and keeping up with my weekly goals with the exception of the exercise part. One step at a time over here, I will get there
pinkislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #83  

Hey Cindy - seriously those dance mat things are hysterical! I'm sorry that you've not lost this week.Same to you Pink but sounds like you're doing the right things.

Any ideas how you're gonna go that extra mile? I've made a huge pot of soup that's 'free' on my diet so that I can dig into that whenever I'm hungry. I'm trying to find a better option than toast to go with it. I suppose it's just habit but I always reach for thickly buttered toast when I'm having soup. What a carb addict!

Bree, well done on the inch loss. I'm actually of the view that I could weigh anything as long I was slim enough for my clothes. And you're definitely putting me to shame on the exercise front so could well be the muscle gain. I've done my hiphop in front of exercise tv online today so I'm trying although I did look pretty idiotic!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 164/158.5/113

Height: 4'11"

Hi all! It's been a hectic week for me. First, I thought it's just me. But now I see the whole group has suffered a bad time just like me. What a coincidence!!That's bad I know.. I had a bad kind of sore throat and fever for couple of days. Still kinda feeling feverish. Well, I didn't exercise at all last week, but my diet was on good shape....kinda...half of the time I was on liquid diet. Anyway, today I weighed in and found me lost 1.5 lb.

A thought out of the topic, my first wedding anniversary is coming up next month. I have no idea or plan for celebration. My hubby is not much of a planner, so I have to come up with something. What do you guys do here in US?
chubby cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:36 PM   #85  
bringing sexy back

Talking

Sara, don't worry, I won't be logging tremendous amounts of hours for the rest of the month I'm afraid. I stay at home with my kids, so I was spending at least 2 30 minute periods a day doing either yoga, or weight training. ANd occasionally a 15 minute pilates.

I'm starting to get a little burnt out on everything but yoga, so I just do that right now. I've been at it just long enough now that I can't not do it, I don't feel right without even a little bit during the day.

Any movement is good movement! Try not to worry if you look silly or not, just know what a good thing you are doing for you body!

I agree, as long as the clothes fit, it's all good! I got into a pair of pants I've never worn before. I bought them because they were the same size/style as some I owned already but they were different. Now if only they were my "old" jeans...

Got to run... more later
Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #86  
Rapid Cart-wheels

S/C/G: 213/200/180

Height: 5'8

Good Morning.

Hope everyone is having a great morning.

I have a question... Could someone tell me the receipe(sp) for the free stew/soup that you all talk about ?

I love soups & stews a lot and hubbs just made some veggie soup the other day but I want to know the free kind so I can make it & eat it without feeling guilty of possible gourging on something with lots of no-nos in it.

Yes, I need to get my portions & second helpings back under control.

Thanks in advance.

have a great day !
kelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #87  

Smile

Hey Kleton! Welcome to the group! I noticed you asked about soup. It may be a little carb heavy for you if that's where you're cutting down but it's 'free' on my diet (you either eat more carbs or more protein and fill-up on free food) It's very warming if it's got cold where you are yet!

1. Fry together (using FryLite/Low cal spray) 1 onion/ 2celery sticks/1 large carrot and 1 potato (dice them all first). Do this for about 3/4mins
  2. Add in dash of curry powder and some ginger
  3. Add 1 pint of water and 1 pint of stock (Vecon is the low-cal one here)
  4. Add 4oz of dried lentils
  5. Leave to simmer for up to twenty mins

I stir in a small amount of yogurt and mustard mixed together to taste. The idea is I can dip in whenever I feel like it. My friend also does a great tomato soup which is 'free' on weight watchers and that might be on their website. Hope that helps!

I just did my 'Pacha Dance Workout' - really fun though a few too many gratuitous shots of the women's buns etc (the cameraman obviously enjoyed himself.) Anyway I'm feeling very positive right now; gotta love that endorphin high!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #88  
Cindy

Just getting ready for bed but wanted to check in and tell you all awesome you all are. So willing to help others. It's amazing.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:27 AM   #89  

Wish me luck everyone - I'm going to join the Slimming Club 'group' tonight...Really scared that it's going to be a nasty scale that tells me I'm heavier than the more generous scale at home. I know I have to keep in mind that I have still lost weight whatever the numbers are but I've got a real thing about wanting to be under 200lbs now. Anyway, I'm not going to let it ruin my day; I just have to stay focused on my mini-goal and forget what the scales say if worst comes to worst.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:43 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Good Morning everybody! I have been a lazy posting dog, but here I am today. Busy weekend. My older son turned 20 on Saturday and my baby had his Homecoming on Saturday. He was King! Best part (to him) is that his older brother never was. It always seems like everything he does, DB has done before.

I did not weigh myself Monday, I weighed last night and again this morning to be sure it wasn't a fluke, and I have left the 160's!!!! I thought I was going to be stuck there forever. That's the good news!

Bad news, I was back at the Dr again yesterday, my leg is still infected so exercise is still pretty nil. But, it's OK, if I can stick with my food well enough to lose without exercise, I should do awesome with it when I can restart.

Sara-new job opportunity sounds awesome, I used to travel a bit with work, it was fun. 3 pounds gone! Good for you

Cindy DON'T GIVE UP!! I know how you feel, heck we wll know how you fell. Keep on fighting the fight, the weight will come off!!

CC- In answer to your Anniversary questions, maybe dinner and a movie or a comedy club or a weekend away?

Kelton

Andi_ 4 pounds is wicked!! Hope you are feeling better!

M2M & Pink, you both sound exercise challenged like me this week. I agree, any movement is good, just keep on keeping on!!

Happy Thursday!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote