Old 10-10-2007, 11:27 PM   #61  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldwv View Post
Guys... I think I have sort of a problem. I'm feeling really rough. I don't think I'm eating enough. The problem is, I'm not hungry, at all. The worst of it is, I'm sick and have been for a week or so with a horrible cough. You know you're never hungry when you're sick but with the cough on top of that, and I hate to get gross, you know when you have that cough that is so bad it makes you want to puke? That's me.

I don't know if I'm feeling so crappy because I'm not eating or if I'm just plain sick and feeling crappy.
Sounds like more of an illness sick. I hope you are feeling better soon I know it is not easy to exercise while sick and eating while sick is almost worse. Try to eat small meals throughout the day, if not meals, small healthy snacks (veggies/fruit/applesauce/something!) to help build your systems back up and hopefully get you better soon.
Andi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 PM   #62  

I am going to post this in here, I already posted it another another thread that I frequent but thought that it fit here as well...

Today is my one month anniversary of starting this journey basically the same time TBL Black Team started! Thank you all for being a great support system! You girls rock! / also the same time we started the September Newbies (which then became this thread)...

I have been keeping my measurements since I started and posted them in my blog:
hips ~ then 54″ now 50"
waist ~ then 41″ now 37"
right leg & left leg ~ then 31″ now 28"
right arm & left arm ~ then 18″ now 17"
chest ~ then 45″ now 43"
bust ~ then 38″ now 37"
And....I have dropped 14 pounds!

I am so thankful I found this website and you all!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:20 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Andi
Wow!! Awesome results and so motivating to you and to all of us as well!
Good for you Andi, your family will be so surprised when you see them at the Holidays!!

Cindy, I f you think you aren't eating enough, can you track your food in Fitday to get an idea of your calories? Also yogurt always helps me feel better. I don't know why.. the proverbial chicken soup might help too.

Pink, Sara, MSM, CC, LNO and all good morning, happy day. Let's all stick to it today!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:23 PM   #64  

Wink

andi - way to go!

cindy -

I have been having a blah kind of day today... but thankfully it's almost over. It's been an especially stressful week over here (not to mention it's almost that TOM ). Thank goodness for this board so full of and my 3FC blog to let me as much as I need to, lol.

One good thing this week, I have brought in food (either breakfast or lunch and snacks) so that's a plus because I am not overspending on food (eating on the go in Manhattan is killer!). So to keep myself going I ordered this lunch tote for myself.

Now the next step to join the gym... originally I was going to do that last week but my finances were just not there to do, so it's going to have to wait for next pay period but at least I have been taking walks to get some exercise time in.

Is it Friday yet?
pinkislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #65  
bringing sexy back

S/C/G: 241/ticker/140

Height: 5"6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
Pink, Sara, MSM, CC, LNO and all good morning, happy day. Let's all stick to it today!!
What a perfect time to read this Mavis!! I am having a down day, and I'm slowly talking myself out of doing anything.

Cindy, I hope you get well soon!!! Were you able to see the doctor?

Andi - what a remarkable change! You must be so proud

Pink I like your lunch tote. I Have my birthday coming up and I want to get a new yoga mat to keep me going. I hope your tote works for you!

I know I probably missed someone and I am truly sorry. I'm just not feeling myself tonight! I hope to be back to tomorrow..
mommy2monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 200/174/140

Height: 5 foot 9

Default Hello to all...

HI everyone!! I have been away with a case of Bronchitis, which for the average person it wouldn't disrupt their life, but I am A BIG BABY when it comes to sickness. So I have been catching up and reading the posts and it seems like a lot of you have been in a funk as well!! The only good thing that has come out of this is I am down 2 lbs!! Now it time to get back into it!! I couldn't even DRAG myself onto the site, since I have not been exercising or eating right-just didn't want to face the reality of it. But I am going to be strong now..I can't go back and change anything...just need to keep on going!
Mikeyandres2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #67  

Talking

Hey Melissa - welcome back!!!!

Ladies... what are some of your favorite healthy snacks to keep stashed at your workplace?

Today I had a wonderful breakfast at home around 7:45 but wasn't able to make it out to lunch until 1:45. Needless to say I was hungry by the time I got to lunch and I deeply regretted not packing up my snack bag today (lesson learned) but I was wondering what are some things that last that I can keep in my office drawers so I don't go too long without eating.

It's finally Friday and that deserves

Last edited by pinkislove; 10-12-2007 at 02:32 PM.
pinkislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #68  

Hey girls, thanks for the congrats!! It really means a lot!!

Today I am out of commission. Yesterday I started feeling really crappy (sore throat, headache, flemy, stuffed), I tried making it to work this morning but only was there for an hour and then left. I got home around 9:30 and slept until 3:00. This is the 2nd time in like 3 weeks. I haven't done this in over a year (I used to have chronic migraines when I worked at a bank/when I left the bank, my migraines left too). My hubby was feeling the same way yesterday but he had to make his way to work today and stay there. Of course the only one in the house not sick is our 8 year old son. I'm doubting he will get sick, he hardly ever does. Of course tomorrow he has swimming lessons and his last flag football game of the season so he better not get sick! Of course with being sick, I have no desire to eat. I did make a low cal milk shake to try to down, that is the only thing besides water that has made it to my tummy today

Pink ~ I love the tote! That is super cute! Also as far as the snacks at work go, I love those 100 Calorie Packs... you can get cookies, or little cakes (like carrot cake or little chocolate with cream center cakes), or chips... I've usually got a small selection in my drawer that way I don't get bored on one thing. We've also got a fridge at my work so I will bring yogurt too. Did you join the gym?

Mikeyandres2 ~ hope you are feeling better!

Sara ~ how did your interview go? Hope it went well!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Pink - I agree w Andi. I keep 100 calorie Kettle corn packs for the microwave at work, that gets me sweet and salt which I love.

I also keep sugarless gum and those little powdered flavored crystal light add in's for water & I really like yogurt and sugar-free hot apple cider mix or herbal tea too.

The lunch tote is cute!! Love LL Bean too, they are so customer friendly.

All right, I'm of to bed, YS had a typical boy accident at school last night (they were having a Pep Rally/ Games Night kind of deal) Like all boys, he has to rough house and he split his chin wide open, so we had to go get stitches and did not get out of the ER til 2am. I am whipped!! But wanted to see how everbody was doing.

Michelle - welcome back

Cindy- are you OK?

Sara - hope all is well

M2M - how is Podfitness?

CC- 4 lbs is huge, good for you?

Everybody - have a great weekend, will be back tomorrow if times allows, Sunday if not!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #70  
Rapid Cart-wheels

S/C/G: 213/200/180

Height: 5'8

Can I join too ?
kelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #71  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Hi girls!

Andi - you sound like I feel. I hope you get well soon. I'm not feeling so bad anymore. Just have this horrible, nagging cough.

To all my other girls - haven't been around much so I feel out of touch. I'm going to catch up tomorrow and hopefully get back in touch with all of you.

Kelton - of course you can join!!! Welcome.

I'll read up in the morning and post back. I hope each and everyone of you are well and happy. TGIF and here's to a fantastic weekend.

Cindy
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:16 AM   #72  
bringing sexy back

Angry

Podfitness is great, it's me that is the problem. I have been a lot down lately, and I haven't felt like doing it. I kind of half do the hard exercises, or I do as many reps as I can stand (3 or 4 of 10 )

I am afraid of falling off right now, just a week into it! I can't find my inner motivation anymore. I am constantly exhausted, I have no muscle power, and I get a little confused by what to do. I did my weight training (legs and gluts) and a 15 min pilates already, so I am doing better. I just hate feeling like this, I started out so strong and positive and now I am barely treading water.

I hope you all are having better days than me today! I'm going to quit whining and try to do some yoga.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:35 AM   #73  
Cindy

Hey Bree! This is the part that sucks about being a woman; our hormones and our moods. Isn't it funny how so many of us here were blah this past week? Chin up sweetie. It will pass.

As for inner motivation... hmmm? I'm a little on the nutty side so I hesitate to tell you my motivation. Well, you all know I'm in love with Davey Havok (of AFI fame). I keep pictures of him around and tell myself he wouldn't have anything to do with me as I am - the super fit vegan that he is. (in reality he's a really nice guy and not shallow at all but I pretend)

I know - weird.

When I was a teen, I used to be totally obsessed with Duran Duran. I did the same thing back then (although I was thin as could be). I would exercise and to keep myself motivated, I would tell myself, Nick Rhodes isn't going to date a fatty.

I also want to start dating again and while I could do that I want to do that as a more comfortable in her skin Cindy.

Maybe we should re-vist those reasons why we want to lose weight again?

My reason for today is: I really want to look good in my clothes again. It may be shallow but I want to fit into my closet full of pretty clothes and not have to hide all winter under baggy sweaters, etc.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:31 PM   #74  
bringing sexy back

Talking

Cindy, I feel so silly, I had to look up both of your dream guys. I don't think it's weird at all, and I really appreciate your sharing it with us. I definately get what you are saying though. I tried to think of a celebrity that could inspire me, and instantly it clicked. Two came to mind, but one more so than the other: Tony Romo is so smokin hot, and if he passed me on the street he might die laughing. We can't have that now can we?!

I do my weight training routine to Justin Timberlake's FutureSexLoveSounds. The majority of the songs I use (love podfitness letting me pick my own music) are about a hot girl(s) that knock his and his boys' socks off. It lifts my spirits, especially the song Damn Girl, to imagine being that hot at the end of all this HARD work. I just have to keep that in mind!

Now, if what you said was weird, we are even!

My reason for the day is: I want to be able to knock socks off.. anytime anywhere.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #75  
Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2monkeys View Post
I do my weight training routine to Justin Timberlake's FutureSexLoveSounds. The majority of the songs I use (love podfitness letting me pick my own music) are about a hot girl(s) that knock his and his boys' socks off. It lifts my spirits, especially the song Damn Girl, to imagine being that hot at the end of all this HARD work. I just have to keep that in mind!

Now, if what you said was weird, we are even!

My reason for the day is: I want to be able to knock socks off.. anytime anywhere.
You know, Justin is bringing sexy back so I'd think he'd be an awesome motivator!