Old 10-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #31  
Takin' charge of my life!

Hey girls, sorry I have been MIA. It's been a crazy week. Yesterday I donated blood and felt really pathetically lazy afterwards and now I have a huge bruise on the inside of my arm because the first person to poke me missed, and the 2nd person tried to fix it and couldn't get it after about 5 minutes, then the 3rd person finally got it about 5 minutes later... GRRRR Then besides that...TOM visited yesterday so now I'm really feeling lazy...

I hope you all have been having a good week...I'll come back in tonight and respond to people individually.
Andi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #32  

Question

I've been having a rough couple of days... I wish I could complain but in all honesty... NOT WORTH THE ENERGY! I hope to be on the boards more next week.
pinkislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
Off to add to the exercise ticker. Went back to the Dr yesterday, remain out of work and off my feet until at least 10/10, I will continue with the upper body exercise. On a good note, he did take some of the stitches out yesterday, so I am at least MUCH more comfortable.
YEAH!! So glad to hear some of the stitches came out! You will be up and doing all of the exercises you want to fairly soon!!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldwv View Post
Hi everybody! Sorry I've been absent for so many days. I've been really bummed out about my slow progress and just have felt really "YUCK" for a couple days. I haven't totally sabatoged myself so I guess I'm still on-track. I promise to be more on board with you guys next week.
Cindy, this seems to be the general feeling this week! Don't know what it is but it sure is affecting a lot of us... seems like a lot of us are either just starting to see TOM or are seeing TOM out the door and I'm sure that's a big part of it. Next week will be much better!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:59 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralou View Post
Hi all and Cindy especially, I've been having a rough week too. I suppose I was pretty disappointed last week not to lose anything but instead of spurring me on to try harder I've just been fairly lazy. I stepped on the scales and am a pound heavier but then sometimes that's just your clothes; I'm trying not to worry about it. I guess I'm going through a stressful time, job-hunting, and so will start to comfort eat.

However, I'm trying to remain positive and have a lovely Chilli waiting for me this evening which will go great with rice and actually be quite healthy. I'm also going to my Mum's gym again this weekend.

Everyone, please forgive me if I disappear occasionally; I suppose it's because I hate failing and I know it's not failing but this is the one thing I really struggle to be that successful at and want to be successful at...I'm just rambling on now but I wanted to share that sometimes I struggle to join in when I'm not feeling great about my self etc.

~Sara
Hey Sara! Try not to get too discouraged over a pound. It's only a pound and you can lose that! Like you said, it may be your clothes. I try to weigh only in the necessities that way it is consistent. My 2nd week of exercising I gained 2 pounds, don't give up, use that as motivation for the next week!

You chili and rice sounds yummy!! what time is dinner? Probably around my lunch time! haha Did I ever tell ya, my goal after I lose the weight is to go to London? Actually I want to visit Wales, my parents have been over there 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years to visit an exchange student that we had live with us my senior year of high school. I have yet to visit over there but I will make it one day!!

Please don't disappear for too long if you must disappear! This is definitely a good support team here and we will be here regardless if you gain or lose cheering you on! Happy exercises this weekend at your mum's gym!
Old 10-06-2007, 04:50 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 164/158.5/113

Height: 4'11"

hi everyone. I was absent for a pretty long time. First, I was a bit sick. Then I was busy cooking for a community program. So ate some of those deep fried appetizers and sugar infused dessert. I know this is horrible. But somehow I managed to lose weight.

to all of us for sticking with the plan for another month. My personal goal is to lose 10 lbs this month. Let's see what happens.
chubby cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #37  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Andi and Pink and everybody else. Andi is right. It seems we all were in a funk this week. Let's get it together this week! My daughter told me last night that my face looked thin. That's a good thing. I always lose it in my face and boobs first. Have a great weekend girls. This mood shall pass.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #38  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Tell us a little about yourself:

Name (real name or name we can call you!): Likenoother

About you: 35 years old, Govt worker, have a great BF although he gets on my nerves sometimes

Why did you join? I'm a night owl so I definitely felt I needed support late at night. Besides I'm always on the computer

What is your goal? My midterm goal is 148. I would be considered "overweight"

How are you going to acheive your goal? WW Flex Pt Plan, Starting the C25K plan in November, Will also incorporate weight training/resistance, and yoga and or pilates, keeping up with my blog (I love it), and the support of my friends, family, and 3FC

Last edited by Shay; 10-06-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Likenoother, glad you found our little group.

I am a night muncher so night support is great! Maybe we can help each other Looks like you have a great plan mapped out.

mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 199/184/145

Height: 5'3''

Hi! I too am fairly new around here and trying to find my place. I think I will hang out here some if that is ok?

My goals are to lose 5 pounds in October! I have already lost 2.5 for the month. So I am on the right path. Yay! I am lacking in the exercise department so I need to get moving. I am going to try some Walk away the pounds this week.

I was so excited to see 190 on the scale today because I had totally blown it this week. I ate out twice including soda and to top it off I had movie theater pop corn yesterday uuugghh......but I guess all the rest of the week did pay off.

I have a question.......Do any of you set aside a cheat day? And if so , do you let yourself cheat all day or just one meal or special treat?? I want to include something for myself so I don't go crazy but I am unsure of how to implement it without ruining my progress. Any suggestions?
Anabella04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:20 PM   #41  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Mothermavis--I am definitely on here somewhere late at night so look for me.
Annabelle04--I used to plan a cheat meal each week but now I just do it for occasions. Like if I know I'm going out with my co-workers or I'm going to go hang out with my friends or my mom. Sometimes it technically isn't a cheat meal because I take it all from 35 extra points I get a week.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #42  
Cindy

Hey girls! How's the weekend going? I'm sooo hungry but I'm not going to give into the temptations. Are we going to weigh in tomorrow?
Old 10-08-2007, 12:36 AM   #43  
bringing sexy back

S/C/G: 241/ticker/140

Height: 5"6'

Talking

hey girls!!! it has been SUCH a busy weekend. I hate that you all are in a funk, I wish I knew better inspirational things to say. You will all overcome- like someone else said, this mood SHALL pass!

I know we aren't supposed to weigh until tomorrow but I like to do it on Sunday. who knows why?! I was so thrilled this morning, we went out for dinner last night and I tried so hard to be good - and I was pleased with another 3 lbs this week. I will do the "proper" weigh in tomorrow just to be sure, but I'm thrilled with this! I know it's going to taper off soon and I'm honestly a bit nervous for that. I'm trying to stay positive and enjoy the rapid results I'm getting for now.

how was everyone's weekend? Anything fun or good happen?

I will check back in the morning! Keep your chins up!
mommy2monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:31 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 215/211/140

Height: 5ft5

Post Weigh-in again (didn't the week go quick)

Hey new newbies, Likenother and Annabelle

Hey Mommy2Monkeys - Congrats!! Just realised you posted. 3lbs is loads. What do you think was the best thing you did for your weight loss this week?

It's already Monday in England. So, deep breath, I'm back up to 207 but that is still 1lb under where I started. This week I'm going to do it though. I have interviews tomorrow and Wednesday so I may be starting a new job anytime so I want to use this free time while I have it.

Anyway plans for the week:

- I will plan my day so that I know what I'm eating but also don't get lazy about making meals.
- As I'm staying at my boyf's house I will take my swimsuit and I will also offer to do the shopping for him so there is healthy food in.
- I will not give in and even if we do go out for a meal I will not think 'It's a treat, so I'll over indulge'.

Andi - That's great that your planning to come to Wales - I've had a lot of happy times on holiday there when I was young as we live in the Midlands (in England) and so it's very easy to visit. We used to stay in this great cottage that my mum friends' owned and the back garden went straight onto the beach. One thing I would love to re-capture is how carefree I was then. I think as I child your so unconscious of what your body looks like and only conscious of what it can do: I don't think that would be a bad thing for adults either.

Anyway, good luck everyone - I hope weigh-in brings some success Sara x
saralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:07 AM   #45  
Cindy

m2m - good for you!

*Lucky, said in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice*

I'll weigh in at work on the scale in the gym later today and report back. I don't expect to have lost any but we'll see.