Old 10-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Thanks!! I will pick some up tomorrow. The chocolate gremlins are horrible this week. I did great all day, then tonight has been like a free for all!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #17  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Another thing is the weight watchers little snack cakes, the chocolate ones are great and low in fat. This isn't something I have all the time but I do have set aside enough fat if I want to have one everyday.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:57 AM   #18  
bringing sexy back

S/C/G: 241/ticker/140

Height: 5"6'

aww shy, mine is november 11! we will have a lot of birthdays coming up!

Mavis, another thing in the same sort of vein are these Slim Fast candy bar type snacks, they have one that's cookie dough and it's chocolate covered and SO yummy. I don't know the actual name of them, but they helped me through a lot of chocolate crises..
mommy2monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #19  

Wink

Morning everyone! Hope Thursday is treating everyone good.

Shy - Thanks for the early birthday wishes I am looking forward to this birthday (31) and it's part of the reason I am looking at improving my overall lifestyle.

MM - I like a few hersey's kisses with almonds or a cup of hot chocolate. I think I am going to re-do my ticker to be a short term goal ticker as well to help me not feel so overwhelmed by the ticker.
pinkislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #20  

Height: 5'9"

I order vitatops and also the vita brownies. The vita brownies have little chocolate chips in them. When I microwave the brownie for 40 seconds the chocolate pieces melt and the brownies are INCREDIBLE. Plus, they're full of vitamins and only 100 calories. They are perfect for my chocolate cravings. The only problem is the only place I can get them are online. I hate the shipping.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #21  

Thanks ladies. You all have some wonderful ideas.
Last night I finally sat down and did my nails after I had ate way too much junk. I figured I couldn't open anything else with wet fingernails!! When I quit smoking I ate to keep my hands busy, now I certainly can't smoke to keep my mouth busy so I need to come up with other ways to control my eating urges. Your low-cal ideas are just what I was hoping for.

Off to add to the exercise ticker. Went back to the Dr yesterday, remain out of work and off my feet until at least 10/10, I will continue with the upper body exercise. On a good note, he did take some of the stitches out yesterday, so I am at least MUCH more comfortable.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #22  
bringing sexy back

S/C/G: 241/ticker/140

Height: 5"6'

congrats on the stitches out!! Anything to be more comfy, right!

i am so worn out today. i'm sorry i don't have more to say, i will try to be more chatty tomorrow...
mommy2monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #23  

Where is everybody? Is the long weekend calling?

Mommy you are so right, just having some of the stitches out improves my outlook and they took out the ones across the back of my knee so i can bend my leg!! Small victory!

Last edited by mothermavis; 10-05-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #24  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everybody! Sorry I've been absent for so many days. I've been really bummed out about my slow progress and just have felt really "YUCK" for a couple days. I haven't totally sabatoged myself so I guess I'm still on-track. I promise to be more on board with you guys next week.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #25  
Cindy

Does anybody else find it bothersome that there is a Pizza Hut ad to the right of the page (sometimes) complete with yummy pictures of pizza and bread sticks and cinnamon sticks!?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #26  

Mine shows a Medifast ad, but yes, that would bug me.

I love their breadsticks and supreme PP Pizza.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 215/211/140

Height: 5ft5

Hi all and Cindy especially, I've been having a rough week too. I suppose I was pretty disappointed last week not to lose anything but instead of spurring me on to try harder I've just been fairly lazy. I stepped on the scales and am a pound heavier but then sometimes that's just your clothes; I'm trying not to worry about it. I guess I'm going through a stressful time, job-hunting, and so will start to comfort eat.

However, I'm trying to remain positive and have a lovely Chilli waiting for me this evening which will go great with rice and actually be quite healthy. I'm also going to my Mum's gym again this weekend.

Everyone, please forgive me if I disappear occasionally; I suppose it's because I hate failing and I know it's not failing but this is the one thing I really struggle to be that successful at and want to be successful at...I'm just rambling on now but I wanted to share that sometimes I struggle to join in when I'm not feeling great about my self etc.

~Sara
saralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #28  
Cindy

Sarah - I know just how you feel. I'm with you in spirit!
Old 10-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #29  

Sara, Cindy and all of us who feel this way.

Sara, I couldn't have said it better, but I keep coming back, to see exactly what you wrote, because you all let me know I am not the only one. We are all in this together and we all want so badly to do it this time. Hang in there, every day, some days are better than others and know that you are supported on good and bad days!!

Join when you can, this should make us feel good, not guilty! Happy Friday!!
Old 10-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #30  
Cindy

I've come here several times during the day and the ad to the right is generally diet-related items. I'm either losing my mind with the pizza hut ad or they are messing with me.