Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:00 AM   #46  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

It's pouring rain . . . yuck . . . but at least it's fairly warm. Nothing exciting in my weekend plans anyway so maybe I'll get started on my new quilt project -- hey, it's too wet to go Christmas Shopping anyway, right ????

Have a great day . . .
Old 10-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #47  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hidie ho everyone! I've been really trying to be good....well, kinda. I cave so easily these days. I was good yesterday until supper last night, then we went out for fried fish. Had to go to Dr. yesterday (strep throat--UGH!!)...he drew blood to check my cholesterol....I figure it's gonna be high, so maybe that'll be the scary kick in the butt I need to quit caving, not that I'm hoping it's high, of course! I figure it will be though. I've gained weight (they weighed me, of course.) I need to move ticker up to only 11 lbs lost. When cold weather gets here, it makes me wanna bake, though...I guess for the holidays.

Anyway, again, everyone I'm sorry if I offended anyone about the whole hunting thing.

Hope everyone has an AWESOME weekend!
Old 10-21-2007, 05:54 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Good moring all ,

I hope today will be a nicer day outside , not that I'll have time to enjoy it; seeing I have to work . OH well Tuesday and Wednesday are coming soon enough . (my weekend) til at least Nov 24.

Ok well got to go finish getting ready . I hope everyone has an awesome day !!

Annette
Old 10-21-2007, 11:43 AM   #49  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

We have sunshine but with winds strong enough to blow small children away . . .

Nothing too exciting in my plans anyway.

Have a fun day everybody . . .
Old 10-22-2007, 08:41 AM   #50  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . . . . Where are you?

Another beautiful day in northern Nova Scotia -- with calm winds and a predicted high of over 20C -- almost unheard of for the latter half of October.

Hope everybody else has a great day, too . . . see you later . . .
Old 10-22-2007, 10:48 AM   #51  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

Hi again folks
Sorry I've been AWOL for a little while... doing my thesis this year and had to go to St. John's for last week to do some lab work. So needless to say last week was a wash... no gym at the hotel and I wasn't about to go running around a strange city at night.
I haven't really been serious about getting back on track since I re-started... I've sort of been talking the talk but not walking the walk. So I've got six weeks to my halfway-point goal... I don't know if I can make 15 pounds by then but I think I can make ten!! I am really trying to be good from now on. I'm going to Halifax at the end of November for a haircut appt. anyway and I want to go shopping for a dress for our X Ring ceremony... and I want to feel good about myself when I do it!!
I went to aerobics yesterday and am going again tomorrow morning... we've got that conference at the end of the week so that might be it for my chances to exercise but I will be darn good with food to make up for it. I am hoping for a loss this week!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their monday, and I will be on more often from now on!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #52  
Diana

Hi everyone. I wrote a pretty long post yesterday and was about to actually post it when my 2 yr old daughter came up and hit a couple of buttons and **poof** it was gone. How DO they do that? I mean, they're 2!!

Anyway, I think we're officially back on the wagon. We're going to a WW meeting tonight.....it'll be a re-join for me so I'll do an initial weigh in. I know I'm still 10 lbs lighter this time than I was last time I joined. So that's a good thing. If I can lose 30 lbs this time, it'll put me right at onederland!! I'll be soo overjoyed! I haven't been in onederland since right after I was first married...I weighed 180-ish when I got married....didn't take me long to break 200, as you can imagine. I've been married 14 years in less than a month. It's been that long! I know by the time I was 4 years married I was at or above 220. To be under 200....that would be....WOW!!

Anyway, keep the encouragement coming, ladies! I know we can all do it...WE ROCK, girls!!! Let's reach our goals! Let's be healthy and beautiful....just because we know we can be! :-D

Be back later to check in! Have a great one, everyone!!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 10-23-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:36 PM   #53  
Onward and Downward

Hi ROCKIE . . . good to see you . . . isn't this weather absolutely amazing?

Hi DIANA . . . good to see you too . . . Good luck with the Weight Watchers rejoin. Onderland would be wonderful indeed.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it just never seems to stop. Here's an article I got in my in-box this morning about the lastest 'invention' in the world of tampered-with food -- specifically -- say HI to the newest nasty FAT . . . This one is being introduced as a replacement for Transfats that have (thankfully) been falling out of favour of late. . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...fake_fats.html

Obviously the article is aimed at those of us with diabetes -- but unfortuntely it has implications for everybody.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #54  
Diana

Wow, Linda, thanks for sharing that article. I wasn't aware of any of that GREAT info! Kinda scary for me, not because I have diabetes, but because I (like sooooo many folks these days) eat out quite a bit. Really scary...no telling what these "new" fats are doing to our arteries. Definitely something I'll be doing more research on. (Makes me even more glad to have venison in my freezer...how much more natural can you get than something you got right outta the woods yourself?? Sad as those big brown eyes are, atleast it's fairly healthy eating for us!)

Well, yesterday I had a major migraine so my eating was not great. I find that if I don't allow myself to get hungry when I have those headaches, they don't seem to get nearly as bad. I wasn't able to make it to WW meeting. I'm going to shoot again for next Tuesday. Wish I'd made it yesterday. I'm not letting it get me down....I'm determined to make it to onederland! Who's going with me????????

Good luck today ladies. Remember, we're beautiful and we ROCK!

Diana
Old 10-24-2007, 10:03 AM   #55  
Diana

Here's another link on the new "nasty" fat: http://www.stop-trans-fat.com/interesterified-fat.html

Lots of good reading on that site, as well...lots of chemistry, though....over my head....but good reading anyway....lots of it not over my head.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #56  
Onward and Downward

H there . . .

Getting so it's hard to find anything to eat out there isn't it? Just look out for the word 'hydrogenated' and avoid it unless it is used with the prefix 'non'. Both 'partially hydrogenated' and 'fully hydrogenated' mean BAD.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:51 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Good morning all ,

That article is scary but not suprising. I just wonder about home baked goods . How good or bad due to the butter / oils ? Oh well good thing I do not bake much . However I am craving chocolate chip cookies now. I guess I could make some with Splenda . OOh !! If i can find the time. Got to work today .

So Diana , when do you want to reach Onederland ? I have about 8-10lbs to go til I enter Onederland . They seem to be the worst few pounds I've encountered so far . You think Christmas is doable ?

What do all the chickies think . 10lbs by Christmas ?

Well got to go get ready as usual when i am on here. Talk to you all later

Annette

Last edited by chocco; 10-25-2007 at 05:52 AM. Reason: mispelling
Old 10-25-2007, 07:22 AM   #58  
Onward and Downward

Morning . . .

Looks like our temps are finally taking a nosedive down to more seasonal levels. Unfortunately looks like another overcast day too. Oh well, it is almost the end of October.

I certainly wish you the very best for getting to onederland by Christmas, it is probably doable, but not easy, especially once the normal pre-Christmas goodies start popping up.

Personally, I think home baking, even using real butter, has got to be a lot healthier than something made with all these "franken-fats". Most pure oils are pretty good too. You can replace quite a bit of the butter or oil with something like applesauce and still get pretty decent results for most recipes. About the only Christmas baking I do anymore is shortbread - with real butter, of course - definitely not diet friendly; but at least all three ingredients (sugar, flour, butter) are pretty easy to recognize.

Have a great day everybody . . . keep things moving and shaking . . .
Old 10-26-2007, 06:58 AM   #59  
Diana

Oh Annette, I think ten lbs is definitely doable by Christmas!! Don't know if I'll be doing it or not, but I think it's definitely doable! LOL I wanna do it, but things just do not seem to be going my way.....I know it's a result of my bad choices.....it's completely my fault. I've just gotta find a way outta this rut I'm in. I did good, point-wise, yesterday until we went to Arby's last night. I overdid it then....but only 'cause I was completely FAMISHED!! I was starving! (not literally, of course! lol) I should've never let myself get to the starving point....I always overdo when I get to that point. Today will be a better day, though....although I'm starting out the day hungry. Since my hysterectomy in July 07, I've been a lot hungrier, though....dunno if it's psychological or if surgery did something to my system....I do know, however, that it's not good for trying to lose weight.

Well ladies, hubby woke up at 3 am puking....I've been awake since 4 am, unable to go back to sleep because he's sick. I'm exhausted and it's only 6 am.....atleast maybe I'll make it to work on time! hehe

Have a great day ladies............
Old 10-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #60  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .
Closed Thread