Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:10 AM   #16  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

Happy Thanksgiving Crazies!!
It's been a little while... unfortunately I still have nothing to report
I'm doing my thesis this year, and I had to start in September, since the company I was working for wouldn't let me use what I had done over the summer. So I'm having a pretty stressful time of it. This will hopefully taper off some after October is over. We have a conference at the end of the month where all the senior undergraduate students from Atlantic universities present their thesis stuff and have to answer questions
And while I am learning what I'm doing, and preparing a talk on it, I also have to go do the actual sample analysis the week of the 15th! Which means I have to know my stuff inside and out by then. Doesn't give me much time!!

So needless to say, going to the gym and watching what I eat has fallen a little on the priorities list. I am maintaining, though, which under the circumstances I'm okay with right now. Anything but a gain! :P But I still have my December 3rd goal to work toward so I think I need to start running soon. That's what's worked for me in the past...
Hopefully I'll have more good news to report in the next couple weeks!

I love that when I say happy thanksgiving here people aren't like "um, that's not till November. Crazy person." Weather here is lovely, hope everyone enjoys their weekend!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Good morning chickies ,

Well things are good here. I am not sure what kind of weather is coming but that is ok , I have to work today anyway . I think I did really good on my self control yesterday at my aunts house during the family reunion . I drank mostly water and 1 glass of diet pop . I waited to get my plate til last and there wasn't alot left ; so i was able to get a little of most foods . NO potatoes left so it was really great because that is ususally one of my big downfalls . I did allow myself to have a peice of no bake cherry cheesecake . The scale last night was reading 2lbs more than the night before but this morning it is was reading the same as yesterday morning.

I feel like i am repeating myself but

* * * * HAPPY THANKSGIVING * * * *

Annette

Last edited by chocco; 10-08-2007 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #18  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

I did not do too badly yesterday either . . . no potatoes; no gravy; no dessert (except some fruit). I did overload on the stuffing, though. It's one of my major weaknesses. Sigh.

Looks like it's going to be one of those days . . . I spilled a 16 oz glass of water across my desk this morning. Now my printer is going crazy again (it was closest). The rest of the system bits seem to be working just fine (obviously, since I'm here and typing ). Can't even blame the cats; they were not in the room when I did it.

It's a little overcast right now but the sun has been breaking through a little. Hope it comes out to cheer the final day of our long Thanksgiving weekend.

Here's wishing all of you a wonderfulday of doing all the good stuff you possibly can. See you later.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #19  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TO ALL OUR CANADIANS FRIENDS HERE ...

We also had our main dinner yesterday, and I ate everything including tators and dressing; it's only once a year. I am very THANKFUL that my sugars are in balance right now, so I can do that ...

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-08-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Happy turkey weekend, all!

I was a naughty girl this weekend, but I had been planning to allow myself that for quite a while now. Now it's time to buckle back down and get crackin on my Christmas goal.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 236/209/160

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #22  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

hidie ho all of my canadian friends! I may not know most of you as it has been quite a while since I last posted. I live in the US (Louisiana...gulf of mexico). I'm so glad you guys allowed me to join....hope no one still minds me being here.

Well, I definitely have not been great since my last post. I Had a total hysterectomy end of July ('07) with a 14" incision right down my belly, part of which got infected which extended my recovery by quite a lot. I had stage IV endometreosis which is why they had to cut me so much (Plus I had my gall bladder removed at the same time). Needless to say, it was a wild summer for me....I've been mostly concentrating on recovery, not weight. Although I'm paying for that now, as my clothes are getting tighter. I'm rejoining weight watchers hopefully next week--if nothing else falls apart. Looking for the encouragement that I know I can always count on here. It's good to be back...hope I can stick with it!!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #23  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Another cool and pretty overcast day around here . . . predicted high is between 12 and 13 (about mid-fifties for you, Diana). Nothing too big on my agenda for today. Need to do a little grocery shopping (can you stand that much excitement?).

So far I'm getting along with both 'Tramp' (although he hurts my ankles) and 'Gadzella' (she gets my heart rate up there without hurting anything) . . . so far . . . I'm only up to about five miutes yet.

Slept in a bit this morning and I'm running behind now, so I'd better get myself moving and shaking . . . see you later gang . . .
Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 PM   #24  
Diana

Wow, Linda...what I wouldn't give for mid-50's. We tied a record high yesterday here in Louisiana--93 degrees!! This is crazy October weather, even for the deep south! I'm soooo sick of HOT weather! Supposed to cool off to near 80 for highs for the weekend. I can't wait! We're still enjoying the swimming pool and all other summer activities, although I'd rather be enjoying my fireplace!

Well ladies, I sat down with a plate of spaghetti a while ago (whole wheat noodles...don't think it was sooo bad for me). I need some fruit, but it's so high at the store right now...until spring, I know.

Guess I"m gonna go get busy......so much to do!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:57 PM   #25  
Diana

I braved the scales today....have gained about 7 lbs, so I adjusted ticker and my cheers for every 5 lbs lost. It hurt, but it's true. No one can change it except me. It's aggravating that I was sooo close to onederland....I was within 18 lbs!! I can get back there in two weeks, I know I can.

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 10-09-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #26  

^I am sure you can do it!

I've got 3 pounds that keep coming off and on (I don't know why - I'm sticking to this diet religiously) but as of tonight I'm going to go walking for half an hour every night. (Well almost every night, if I'm feeling sick I'm sure I won't go.)
Old 10-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #27  

Okay, so I bit the bullet and joined a women's gym and have my first workout tomorrow. I'm super stoked!

Last edited by Starlet; 10-09-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #28  
Onward and Downward

Quick . . . computer is suffering from that "toilet-seat-disease" today
Old 10-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #29  
Onward and Downward

Wow . . . looks like I'm talking to myself . . . again.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:26 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

GOOD MORNING CHICKIES !!

Dont have anything much to say . Just passing thru as I am getting ready for work .

Have a good day all !
Closed Thread