Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 260/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Holly, good for you not messing with the scattered job while you were cleaning the kitchen. I didn't do well yesterday or today. Yesterday it was a package of twinkies and a pack of reese's. Today it was 3 pieces of lemon bundt cake. Oh well, I will do better the rest of this weekend and next week.

Just a small slip up. The hot flashes and night sweats and the irregular periods, not that I am missing them just never know when they are coming these days, tell me that I am working on perimenopause. The hubby said he is moving out. 2 girls in puberty and then me. He sure doesn't know what to expect these days. Oh well.

Holly, I try to keep my calories between 1200-1400 a day. I still can't seem to break that 160 mark again and it is driving me nuts. I really want the rest of this off and am just about deperate enough to try anything to get it jumpstarted. I need to watch the late night munching when I get bored that would probably help.

Have a great weekend.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:04 AM   #122  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning

well I did great yesterday until evening...had two bowls of cereal, I wasn't even hungry, just think it was because I saw others enjoying stuff like ice cream. Well, I just have to work on remembering what I want!

Going to do an exercise tape soon, after I finish my coffee.

I know we haven't spoken of motorcycles much lately...anyone want to start?

Any big trips planned? Ours are; Myrtle Beach (leaving Wed. May 7th and returning Wed. May8th);
Laconia (probably just a day trip or maybe an overnight; around the 13th/14th/15th of June)
Harley Rendezvous (weekend of June 20, 21, 22);
Bear Bones Bash (it's a small local event-weekend of July 11, 12, 13);
EasyRiders Rodeo/Bike show in Chillicothe, OH (Aug. 28, 29, 30, into Sept).

With as much daily riding to and from work, to the post office, grocery store, etc.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #123  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! I'm having my coffee and first tiny breakfast of half a mini bagel with a teaspoon of pb and a schmear of sugar free jam. It's goooooood.

I might be down another pound but I want to wait as long as possible before I weigh myself again. You know how discouraging it is when you don't see a loss (roll eyes). None of my clothes feel looser yet. But I'm pluggin on

Hi to everyone!
Old 01-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #124  

Just keep plugging along Holly, they will feel looser soon. I love that part and that is usually when I choose to weigh when something is feeling looser on me.

Talk about bad food days yesterday. We celebrated birthdays for a couple of my friends. The dinner was Chicken Cordon Blue, and asparagus with hollandaise sauce. For dessert it was chocolate souffle. I stuck to one portion though and even left a little on my plate. But it was only a little, lol. We did do Applebees for lunch at work on Friday and I at least ordered off the weight watchers menu. That was good to.

We haven't actually made any plans for any bike trips yet this year. We were talking about going back to Tellico, TN but at the same time we may skip this year and gather some of the other stuff we want to have with us.

We did possibly talk about a short trip into Colorado while we leave our kids with the inlaws but just a few days on a short vacation. I don't know what we will do yet though.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:34 AM   #125  
Biker Chick!

Good morning

I went about 500 calories over limit yesterday. I'll try to do better. I know I did it out of anger over something...that's a stupid reason.

Having coffee and my mini bagel now. will exercise soon. I've been alternating between Gilad's Step and Tone; Denise Austin's Sizzler; and Kelli Roberts Step.

have a great day chicks!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #126  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hi Chickies!

Gosh....sorry it's been so long since I've been on here, but it's been good reading about what ya'll have been up to. I've been so busy I don't know if I've "been good" or not....but at least I've tried to not eat the OBVIOUS bad things

The "me" news is that with the real estate market in the dumper I have to go back to work. We really thought it would break open this winter with our SnowBird season, but it has not. Not at all. Looks like it will be maybe next year after the election before people start buying again. So.....I've signed up to take a certification class to be a Nursing Assistant. It starts mid-February...then I hope to get a job in one of our local hospitals. We need the benefits as well as the income. I took the entrance exam last week and at least I'm smarter than a 5th grader. After being a mortgage banker all my life this will be something different...and I love the hospital schedule...3 on then 4 off. Hope I get to do that.

As far as vacations and bike trips this year....I'm on HOLD! Good thing we had Tons of Fun last year!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #127  

Hey ladies,
I've had 2 bad food days in a row. ughhhhh!!!! Work has been stress to the max and will continue to be so for a while yet. I just have to remember not to eat my way through it.

See everyone soon.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:10 AM   #128  
Biker Chick!

good morning!

Kayla, sorry about the stress and how it is affecting you. Hang in there!!!!

Hi Jill!!! eeek, sorry to hear you have to enter the work force again. Hope it's something you can enjoy, while you ride out the fickle economy.

interesting - Yesterday I was thinking about the ecomony in Florida, as I received yet another postcard offering to buy our small property in Ocala...but it's about $10,000 less than the ones I was getting last year so that means we also will be riding out the ups and downs of real estate.

I did SO well with calories all day, until I get home...and ya knkow, I am letting small annoyances with the hub 'give me permission' to have like 500 calories more than I should. Time for me to realize what's happening, and stop it pronto
Old 01-30-2008, 08:12 AM   #129  
Biker Chick!

Jill - 'smarter than a 5th grader' -
Old 01-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #130  

Yeah, Holly...Smarter than a 5th grader, but just barely!!!!

When I saw all the algebra, fractions and geometry on that test it was a gigantic, ugly, 45-year flashback to 9th grade!!! I was relieved to get outta the math part with an almost 10th grade score. Luckily, I aced the English, grammer and language parts at 12.9 which was the highest. Gosh....I haven't been that nervous in a loooong time!!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:29 AM   #131  
Biker Chick!

YAY Jill you smart chick I also would have done better with language/words instead of math

I had a bad, bad eating day yesterday! ready for the excuses? My son had a 2 hour delay of school because of the weather...so getting him to school without screwing up my work schedule took some scrambling..then at work, someone opened a sample box of garlic-rosemary 'potato crisps' - too tasty!!!

THAT set my mouth ready to want more, more, more of anything...had one of the large cc cookies ( I USED to have one daily, but since Jan. 8th have not had a single one) then I had another one!! THEN i had something from the bakery case that I won't even describe but I'm sure was something in the range of 500 or 600 calories...

I sure hope I got THAT out of my system!

I just finished my Denise Austin tape, so I am feeling good again. Here's to forgetting about yesterday and getting back what I know I should do!

Hope everyone is doing good. I am really, really showing effects of my new depression med, Wellbutrin...I am feeling good. Optimistic, looking forward to the next day, not wanting to sleep all the time, remembering how my goofy sense of humor used to be...in other words, the old me! It's great.

have a great day, chicks!!! vroom, vroom, VROOM. That's my bike in my mind
Old 01-31-2008, 04:59 PM   #132  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

So glad you are feeling yourself again, Holly!! Vroom vroom indeed! It's so hard to stop once you get going, huh? Good for you burning at least some of it off.

Jill - sorry you are stuck going back to work...especially if it cuts into your time riding. WTG at being smarter than a 5th grader. Too funny.

Kayla - step away from the souffle... You can do this, girl! Serenity now...

I'm still plugging along..I really miss upper body workouts. I was pretty proud of where my arms were shaping up. Oh well..I know how to get it back when this stupid tennis elbow heals. Jogging is getting easier...every day I try to go a little faster or add incline.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #133  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! Winter storm approaching this afternoon - a messy mix of freezing rain, wet snow, sleet, more freezing precipitation, the whole thing! bleh. Gotta go to the grocery store after I work out to get some things we really need (milk, coffee, t.p.!)

Gina, it must be frustrating not to be able to work your upper bod sure hope you get the doc's OK soon!

Hi to everyone else

I have an co-worker who's such a pain. She says she's 62 (I don't know, just by appearances she might be more than that) and the age doesn't matter AT ALL, except she will be getting something from a low shelf, groan as she straightens up, and says "Oh Holly, it's **** getting old, isn't it?"
and when I said I was trying to lose some weight, she said "Oh, it's so hard when we get older, isn't it."

Excuse me!!! I think there's close to a twenty year difference in our ages!! and I am flexible and have great ab and lower back strength and I WILL be wearing cut-off T-shirts this summer to show my smooth nice tummy!!

In fact, I think one of my driving motivations is gonna be to show up at work this summer, when I'm not working; on the bike, in full biker babe makeup, tanned and highlighed, and wearing one of my 'little' t shirts and a push m up bra, with a pair of jeans that doesn't show any flab above the waist and ask the lady where HER tummy is at

LOL! nothing like revenge and wounded pride to kick my butt
Old 02-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #134  

Hey Chickies!!!

Holly, I am just soooooo happy to hear that you're back to your funny, optimistic self. It's just GREAT to hear that news! And about your "Too Old" co-worker....just think about YOU (like you're already doing!) and you'll have that cut-off T slim belly sooooon! Gosh. I'm 57 and starting a brand-spankin' new career that requires lots of upper body strength. And I'll bet no one will know I'm that old becuz I REFUSE to be! Age is just a number. OLD is what you project to others. Right?

Gina....you're my idol when it comes to sticking with consistent exercise....even when you hit a bump! Hope you're feeling better soon...I know tennis elbow must really hurt a lot, and most of us would figure that would be a pretty good excuse to lay out for a while

Hey Kayla...Hi! Hope your stress level evens out as mine does! This going back to work crap is stressful for me, but on the other hand I'm really looking forward to going back to school on the 19th....then hoping for a decent job with benefits to follow. Every day I look online and in the paper and there are tons of Nursing Assistant jobs around here. Of course we live in the land of the old fart so what the heck! I figure I might as well earn a living in a field that has unending longevity! Hubby is interviewing for a Chef/Maitre'd position in a very up-scale assisted living facility today and he'd be perfect for it; all the old ladies love his Sean Connery look. That silver pony tail and bead knock 'em out every time.

So say prayers that we get jobs!!! Especially my HH today!

Gonna go get me a diet Dew and put my weight vest on while I do housework. That will be my work out today!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #135  
Biker Chick!

good afternoon! The sleet is coming down like crazy...just like pouring rain, but frozen! I got the errands and shopping done, and got up the last big hill OK, but it was no picnic!

Jill, I hope also dh gets the job he's interviewing for! With that tan, and like you said, Sean Connery looks and silvery ponytail, the older ladies will be swooning (can he do an English accent? LOL!)

take care everyone!
Closed Thread