Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #91  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelridergirl View Post

Holly- Have you discussed all that with your doctor? Maybe there's other medication or a different dosage that you can try that will be more helpful?
thank you, sweetie! I haven't discussed it. I know I should! I know it's because I'm afraid of going through the pain of trying different meds, afraid of how I might feel (like worse?) on something else. But I will hang in there, i know there's a ton more good stuff in life than bad.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #92  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Jill - Is it tomorrow yet?
- that's a chilly ride back! Smart girl being prepared.

Reda - Have you tried Fitday for journalling? It's annoying to start - but pretty easy once you have been using it for a little while. I enter a lot of stuff as a custom food - it makes it easier to find.

Andrea!! ur back! Stop beating yourself up - you can do this!

Holly - ur back, 2! I wish there was a wand we could wave make it all better. Exercise does help...but you know that already! Rawk that elliptical, girl.

Kayla - where u at?

As for me...lesse...I'm almost done with training to become a spin instructor, I have to teach 2 more classes and pass a written test. I'm not looking to be doing it full time or anything - prolly just subbing when other instructors can't make it. It's fun!

Not much new on the work front...the eating front remains frustrating. I would say it is barely under control. I manage to fluctuate between 172 and 165 for the most part. It's not optimal...but it's ok I guess.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:50 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

I will check out fitday tonight, I did weigh in today and lost 2.8 pounds so I lost what I gained over the holidays plus an extra pound. I am following the LAWL plan and did do the TO plan the last 2 days. So now I am back on track and ready to go just need to get my journaling in check. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #94  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

YAY! Our Chickies are coming back!!!!

HI EVERYONE!!

I have to report that I gained 5+ pounds and I have (while weeping) moved my weight tracker to The Truth. OMG...I am gagging. So don't feel alone Andrea and Holly!!! Gina...it IS Tomorrow! So far 2 days OP and feeling good. Still not back on my Gazelle....but that's coming real soon. Hey. One Day at a Time. Right??!

Gina...WOW that's really great about your being a newby spinning instructor! Could it be that soon fat people like us will be PAYING you to help us get in shape? I wish I lived near you so we could spin together :-)

Reda....You're doing GREAT, Girl!!! Congrats on that loss...the rest of us will be joining your happy club soon You're my inspiration....and I'm always in need of one...that's for sure!

Andrea....SO GLAD you're back and ready to get going again. Let's not beat ourselves up with our Holiday Screw-ups....let's get our A$$$$ES in gear and GET GOING!!!!

Holly....I love your positive thoughts....keep them! Maybe you can oversome this feeling with getting back to the basics and seeing some results. Then you won't have to wrry about medication trial and error. Take Gina's advice and RAWK that Ellip!

Kayla, where r u ?

Gosh I wish HarleyMom and some of the others would find us too.....

Have a great weekend Dear Chickies...and let's all STAY OP!!!
WE CAN DO IT!!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #95  

How's the Biker gang?

Just a normal storm over here today - all the iffy trees already blew down last Friday.

Biggest Loser tonight!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #96  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hey chicks!

I missed Biggest Loser this week! Rats! Isn't this season a couples themed? I'll make sure to catch it next week.

You're all so righ about quit beating myself up. This week my goal was to get my eating on track and to start doing some form of exercise. I have been walking for 15 minutes 3 times a week. Next week's goal is 15 minutes 5 days a week. I need small goals to = new habits!!

How is everyone doing???
Old 01-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #97  
Biker Chick!

Hi chicks!

well, I'm climbing up into my well-worn space back on the wagon I don't know how someone who wants something SO BADLY as I, just can't seem to stick to my goals but here I am again.

I love Gina's words, and I will RAWK my elliptical

Our Harley Raffle is tomorrow; my chore today is to make (gasp) 250 brownies, and 250 servings of corn bread. The (gasp) is not due to much effort, as we got some great (shhh) mixes from Costco. The (gasp) is for me not to sample! Which I will try my best not to do. And if I do, I will force myself to elliptical-off the estimated calories.

Jill, I agree, I want Harleymom back! I sure hope things are good for her.

Gina, congrats on being a sub spinning teacher!!! that is so cool.

well chicks I wish us all a good, in-control day!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #98  
Biker Chick!

Hi everyone

I made an appointment with my doctor for this Friday. I told the receptionist that I want to try a different med; that I have a small amount of very good days, a large amount of so-so days, and a few very bad days. I;ve also gained 20 pounds since being on Lexapro. I hope that we can find something to help

Hope everyone is doing good
Old 01-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 260/180/135

I'm right here. Christmas was hectic but wonderful. The dh went way overboard but I loved it all. I even got a new laptop which I am working on right now. We finally got all the wireless stuff worked out so that I could get online. Now I don't fight for the computer time and I am selfish and don't let anyone on the laptop. Well maybe I would let the dh use it. The only two dampers on Christmas was the amount of food I was eating and the stupid witch who won't exit our lives but we have changed that. We changed our cell phone numbers and didn't give them to her. I told the dh he had better not. So far he hasn't and I think he finally understands how I feel and he won't.

I stepped on the scale about 3 weeks ago and was back up to 170. I hate that. I have managed to get myself back op though. I have even forced myself to take my full lunch break despite the amount of work on my desk and go to the gym so I am getting my workout going again. The dh is proud of me and says he would like to see me lose another 15-20 by June and see 30 by September. He is loving the weight loss and is loving me again. I have even seen him get jealous a couple of times when we've gone out and I have gotten hit on. He just never gets jealous so it is great to see and makes me feel good. It sounds kinda bad that that makes me feel good but the last year or so has been a rebuild on a marriage that was almost gone. We celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary back in December and had almost not made our 13th so seeing him get jealous lets me know he is really loving me again.

I think my family is all jealous of the weight loss too. My mom stays paniced about it. They are all heavy and I don't remember my mother ever being thin. My brothers are both getting heavy, my sister is heavy and both of my brothers wives are heavy. Although one just went through a kidney transplant and one just had a baby but they were already heavy before that. My mom says I am losing it too fast. Excuse me it took 11 months to lose the first 95 lbs and I have only lost 10 since then and have now but 13 back on.

I know that I have lost part of the 13 but won't step on the scale cuz mother nature has been here.
Well this post got long and I didn't mean for it too. Love you guys get back on track and I promise to get better about dropping in. I need my support and accountability too much not to.

Holly keep us posted on the medication change. I understand the battle with depression and the constant change in medications. Remember you will have to be on a new one for a few weeks to really feel the change and exercise does help you feel better.

Kayla
Old 01-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #100  
Biker Chick!

Kayla, it is good to hear from you! I'm so glad you had a great Christmas, and congrats on your laptop! and congrats on the husband getting jealous of you in public, you hottie

and thanks so much for the words of encouragement about the depression. And another congrats on you and your husband working out your relationship
Old 01-15-2008, 11:10 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 260/180/135

Been down that road Holly for longer then I care to admit.They say it probably stems from post partum (that isn't spelled right) depression after my second daughter was born that was never accurately diagnosed. She was 7 when I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety disorders. She is now 13 so I have been on and off a number of medications for the past few years.

Welbutrin has worked really well for me and I haven't experienced the side effects that I did on some of the others. I will tell you to be insistant in getting them to change your medications. Research on the net different medications so that you are aware of their side effects before hand and can say yes or not to trying one.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #102  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! Kayla, I thank you again for your input

Hi to all others! I have been eating RIGHT and keeping to under 1500 cals for 3 days straight. A record for me And doing an exercise tape in the morning, at least 15 minutes (or long enough to burn at least 200 cals) on the elliptical at night, as soon as I get home, before I eat dinner.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:52 PM   #103  
Biker Chick!

hi everyone I had my dr. appt. today, for an 8:00 am appt. I waited half an hour in the waiting room, then waited half an hour in the exam room! How is it that doctors get away with that.

Anyway, he readily agreed to me switching to Wellbutrin. He always readily agrees...I wonder if he's really a good doctor.

I have to vent a bit, one of my big problems is that I get SO hurt that my husband never asks me how I'm doing, relating to my depression. I've told him that him saying "hi, what's up" is NOT a meaningful way of asking how I am. He's admitted that he 'doesn't know how to ask'. So I have said, "you could just say, 'how are you doing in your head?'" but he doesn't.

He is a volunteer for the local rescue squad, and has been for 15 years. I know that he cares for me, but by his actions, I feel that he shows more attention and concern for total strangers than for his wife.

Maybe this is just one of my BAD days. sorry for the dump of angst
Old 01-19-2008, 06:36 PM   #104  

Holly - darlin...sometimes guys just don't get it. It's not that he doesn't care...he's just prolly afraid of stepping into a minefield. My DH is like that, too. Does he at least listen when you try to tell him how you are doing? I don't know how to tell you to maybe change your expectations of him? I do know I never got anywhere trying to train DH....at least not when he knows that's what I'm trying to do. Anyhoo - I hope the Wellbutrin works for you.

Kayla! Isn't it wierd peoples reactions to your weight loss? My family has been quite supportive - but a few friends have been less so. I haven't really hung around them much - mostly because my life has changed and I do different stuff now. All I can give you is that you are being a good example - maybe they will feel inspired to be healthier, too.

Rebel - hey chickie!! I'm rooting for blue team at the moment...the strangers. If not them, maybe orange team. They are so competitive.

I went to the doctor yesterday, too. My forearm has been sore ever since mid December. Turns out it's tennis elbow. I have this band thinging that I wear now...I'm icing it...Doc says try not to use it until it's better. Which could be another month. Not upper body workouts, no bicylcles...this is the biggest problem. I've started jogging...it's ok...but it's not my favorite. No scooting for a while either. The sun is out today, it's like 60 degrees.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #105  
Biker Chick!

Gina - "minefield" - You're right. You should see the look of complete PANIC when I say 'I want to talk about something'. But we did talk a bit and it helped. He said he would work on how to meaningfully ask me how I'm doing.

So THANK YOU for letting me spew my angst, and now I hope so much that the new med will help.

NOW my good news, as of today, it's been one whole week that I have kept to 1500 calories or under each day! And exercised each day, with a video workout (aerotics and toning) plus a little elliptical-ling each evening; from 15 to 20-ish minutes (burning between 200 to 450 calories). YAY.

I really didn't think I could stop eating the bad stuff at work (big bakery cookies, big muffins, cupcakes) for even a day. But I have not had a single one for a week!!!!!

I even brought home some treats for the fam, and am fine with not having any myself.

SOOOO in the past I have been a s-l-o-w loser, literally like only four pounds a month, even with steady exercising. But I am going to try to go for 'the long run' and just keep doing what I'm supposed to do, each day.
Closed Thread