Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #76  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Goin' on a Toy Run today.... Hopefully the sun comes out. I did color coordinate my toys with my bike tho. Whutta girl.

DH has been gone all week....and I haven't gotten half the stuff I wanted to do done. Oh well. He arrives home tomorrow night. So...plenty of time.

Olly olly oxen free, biker chickies!! Quit lurking and drop a line. (I know, I know I should talk.)
Old 12-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #77  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hi Everyone! Hi Gina!

Have fun on your Toy Run....we did one a couple of Sundays ago and we had a great time!

I know ya'll don't wanna hear this, but I'm SO EXCITED becuz it's going to COOL OFF here tomorrow! It's been a weird, hot and muggy winter so far, and I can't wait to turn the dam air conditioner OFF!!!! Looks like for the next 7 days it will be really nice....highs in the upper 60's and low 70's with nites in the 40's. YAY!

As far as OP and all that....Let's not talk about it 'til January 2. Then we can all evaluate the Holiday Damage and buckle down for the New Year. That's my Plan and I'm stickin' to it!!

Merry Christmas, Chicks!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:20 PM   #78  

Ok - nobody got frostbite or anything....I think it was like 55 degrees.

I'm the one flipping off the camera in the center. Note my shiny bike in the foreground.

And another standing around looking cold shot.

Last edited by chick_in_the_hat; 12-17-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:04 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 260/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Everyone,

I am so off track it isn't funny so I am ready for the butt kicking. Work is hectic, home is hectic. Almost ready for Christmas.

And geez, I wish we would see 55 degree temps here we have been in the 20's with snow and ice. Somebody tell me what is up with that.

Talk to you all soon.

Kayla
Old 12-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #80  

Hey Chicks!

Don't feel too bad Kayla....I'm on the See-Food Diet, but am not worrying about it til Jan. 2. Then it's KICK BUTT TIME. Are ya'll with me?????

Merry Christmas..and have fun eating! EEEEK!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:41 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Well I have been looking for a new weight loss forum since the one I was on is no longer. I was following Pure Weight Loss and on their forum but that has since been shut done along with the centers and I remember reading a post about 3fatchicks so decided to check it out. Flsunbkd looks like we have about the same issues with our weight...I can usually get down to the 160's before a vacation but then will gain it back in the interim. Anyways I ride Yamaha 1100 custom but have been looking for a new bike for the past year but I had my bike custom to fit me like the seat, lowering of the bike, change controls to fit me just right, basically the whole works so it is very hard to find a new bike because none of them fit me just right. It would be awesome to be out riding even if for a little bit but living in South Dakota we are lucky to hit 30 degrees but generally NOT. Trying to follow plan on my own but with the Holidays it is very Hard. Hope noone minds that I chimed in on your group....Happy Holidays Reda
Old 12-25-2007, 09:53 AM   #82  

Hi Reda! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Reda...yes....looks like you and I have exactly the same weight issues!! I hope you'll stay here with us biker chicks. We're a great group and are very supportive of each other here. Once the holidays are over, we'll all be back to help each other and I hope you'll be here with us! I have several friends who have the same issues you do with sizing their bikes and each of them has ended up with a Harley "Low" Sportster. Check them out. Sometimes you can find a gently used one that has already been lowered and will fit you just right!

Lucky you in South Dakota! I know the winters are hard, but aren't the summers glorious! Our daughter lives in NW Wyoming....about 50 miles east of Yellowstone and about 100 miles due south of Billings, Montana. We sure do love our summer visits out there! Needless to say, we also love our balmy winters here in Central Florida where the best riding is October through May! Thes best of the best will be the day when we can spend our summers in Wyoming and our winters here :-)

Well, Chicks...it's a quiet Christmas Day for us with family far away, but we're having Christmas dinner with friends later on. Can't wait to hear about all the Christmas fun ya'll are having with your kids!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #83  

Thanks for the welcome, I do plan on being around hopefully for a while. Christmas Day was very busy, starts at 8am and we get home about 9pm you know 2 families all close by so have to hit both families in the same day usually need to take a day off just to recoupe from the past 2 days. I am thinking more like Heritage Softtail, not sure but then again I am in no hurry either not like I will be riding for a few month anyways. I should probably get headed for bed it is almost 11:30 here already. Take care Reda
Old 12-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #84  

Reda!!

Christmas was fairly quiet - my parents came over for dinner...all survived.

I haven't been riding...between the cold and the rain.

Took a half a day off today. Feels like I'm playing hooky.

Jill...warming up the butt kicking leg...New Years is coming.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:23 AM   #85  

Hey Chickies! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Gina...I can't wait for the butt-kicking. I'm soooo OD'd on food I can't believe it. I'm sooo dreading The Scale....but I've totally brought it on myself. When I get back on Wednesday, let the kicking begin!!!

This morning we're riding our bike down to Port St. Lucie (where we went for Thanksgiving)...and we'll stay til Wednesday morning. Nothing fancy for the bringing in of '08...just a Chili Party at Mike & Iris's. Low key and fun....and lots of riding over the holiday! They are meeting us half-way today, so the fun starts NOW!

Hope ya'll have some fun plans and I also hope we'll see everyone back here after the holiday.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:11 AM   #86  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning! I'm back after feeling sorry for myself and pretty despondent for a good (or bad) long time. I'm now at my highest ever, except for being pregnant. I've had alot of bad (depression-related bad thoughts bad) days in the past month.

BUT I'm ready to try again (sigh!) It might help that Santa left us an elliptical, and it's smack dab in the living room, I can't avoid it Maybe adding something new will help.

I also have't been to Curves since October; at first I could blame it on a schedule change but I've had time to adapt, can't use that excuse any more.

We made our reservations for MYRTLE BEACH BIKE WEEK so that happens in 131 days or so

welcome to our newest members, glad you found us!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #87  

Well got on scale this morning and I gained 1.4 pounds over the holidays. Darn I have a vacation coming up end of January to Vegas and wanted to be at goal by then but that is not going to happen, so I guess I will settle for 10 pounds by January 27, 2008. Taking our first motorcycle trip of the year to Branson MO June 6th so hopefully will be at goal by then....Actually would like to be at goal by beginning of summer (may). Good Luck to Everyone in the New Year!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #88  

Hey Everyone!

We're back from New Years in Port St. Lucie....when we rode our bike down on Saturday, it was 85 degrees and when we rode home today it was 43 with dropping temps! But we made it....home all safe and sound and finally thawed out! Thank goodness I took chaps, extra jackets, shirts and sox...I had them ALL on for the return trip. Tonight will be the coldest it's been here in FIVE years. You guys need to keep that Artic Air up there where it belongs!

HI HOLLY!! YAY! You're back! Well....don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Girlfriend...we've ALL fallen waaay off the wagon and now we just have to kick each other's butts and GET GOING AGAIN!!! You've got Myrtle Beach as your goal!

HI REDA! Lucky you with only a 1.4 lb weight gain....I'm terrified to get on the darn scale! But I'm sure you can lose it and a little more before your Vegas trip. Just stick here with us!

I am going to begin journaling my food intake tomorrow...THAT in itself is the single-most step in the right direction for me. Boy...when I have to write down each morsal of food, I really do think before letting it pass my lips. And when I begin journaling, the exercise and water drinking follows. So, my chicks, TOMORROW the JOURNALING BEGINS!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #89  

Flsunbkd
It sure would be nice to ride a little but I guess not being able to is part of where I live, the winter months are for riding the snowmobiles if we didn't have winter months those babies would be sitting there collecting dust like the bikes are right now.
Journaling yeah I need to start doing that as well, but I do good for a couple of days then slack off the journaling that is the hardest thing for me. I need to improve on that and will be trying to stay on track again here so far so good for 2 days now.
Have a great rest of the week...
Weighing in tomorrow so hopefully I will be down at least the .4
Old 01-02-2008, 09:47 PM   #90  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hey chicks!!!

Here I come waddling on in...I think I find and use every excuse in the book around the holidays. Plus, I really think my rear end was super glued to the couch. I was sooooo lazy, like a big fat cat, over my break. It was good to have the time off, but I really need a schedule or I'm a wreck!

Jill- for getting back to journaling! It's insane how much it does help!

Reda- Lucky you!! Only gaining 1.4, you did good!!

Holly- Have you discussed all that with your doctor? Maybe there's other medication or a different dosage that you can try that will be more helpful?

Gina-Those were great Toy Run pictures! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Have a great one chicks!!

Last edited by rebelridergirl; 01-02-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Closed Thread