Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:30 AM   #46  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! I found out that yesterday my husband went for a ride and got caught in a snow flurry squall. Enough that it was blowing on the road - yikes! He was cold

Another Monday. I'm finishing up my coffee and mini-bagel that has a schmear of peanut butter and jam, yum; surfing the web and then it's exercise time.

What kind of workout footgear (why don't I just say SNEAKERS) do you all have? Last time I needed a new pair, I went to Olympia and asked for a cross-trainer; got a pair of New Balance. But the heel is cut too low; when I do some long leg stetches or exercises, my heel slips right out, and it's frustrating.

I have to find a new strategy for my lunch while I'm at work. I leave the house at 10:30, get to work at 11:00, and yesterday did not have time to have a sandwich until 3:20. I was SO hungry by then!! and getting irritated...which is the PRIMO time for me to snag a cookie

So I think today I shall just have to eat my lunch super early, like 10:15. Or maybe half a sandwich at 10:15. It is just too hard to make someone not eat a bad treat when you're so hungry but surrounded by sugary fatty crap.

okay, have a great day chicks!!
Old 10-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #47  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Default Live from Grand Cayman!

Hi Chickies!

Just a little note from Paradise! Weather's fabulous and the sun is sooooo wonderful here. We're getting bronzy brown!

Am being KINDA good...but will get back to hittin' it hard when I get home. The nice thing is that there's a small local grocery within walking distance and HH is cooking me OP food...with a Caribbean flair! Gosh...I love having my own personal chef. LOL He's cute too....even at sixty!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 11:08 PM   #48  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hey chickies! Long time no see! I've missed you all soooo much!!

I have to admit that my absence has been due to a combination of things. For one thing I have been extremely busy with remodeling and modernizing the house. It has really needed it. I've repainted, rearranged furniture, donated or thrown away junk, and ripped out carpet. So, I've been exhausted!!! Another thing is that I have not kept track of my points or been to a WW meeting in weeks. I'm not sure why. I really haven't gained either. In fact I'm down a couple of pounds. Nothing astounding or anything, but a little loss. I like WW alright. It's easy to follow, I'm just not enjoying the meetings as much as I was. I guess I just need to force myself to go this week. I'm not sure what the answer is on that one.

Are any of you watching The Biggest Loser this season? I missed last week where that guy gained 17 pounds. Have any of you checked out the eating or exercise plan for The Biggest Loser? I figured it would be really difficult to stick to, but I haven't looked at it.

Wow! Snow for you already, Holly?!?! Makes me shiver to think of it! Workout shoes...(don't use them much) I have some pink New Balance. They're pretty comfy. I've had Asics before and loved them.

Jill-Enjoy your tasty Caribbean cusine from your cute chef! Sounds yummy!!

Hi Gina and everyone else!!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 AM   #49  
Biker Chick!

Good morning and Happy Halloween!!

It's going to be WARM and breezy and sunny today!! high of 58 to 65. That's just about unheard of for this time of year! Usually parents have to design the costumes to accomodate snowsuits. Not this year!

I am not going to 'dress up' for work though. Do you remember last year when I told you that I kept my biker gear on, and one of my co-workers made this horrible noise like 'ugh' at me...she's still working there, and I shouldn't tailor my actions to suit her, but no one else costumes up, so I'll decline.

Right after work I go to the Town's party, where we're helping out. I have to monitor the Ghost Races station

have a great day, keep away from that diet-busting candy!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:22 AM   #50  

HEY REB!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!

So glad you're back here with us!! Looks like your busy summer was good to you since you didn't gain. I'd bet that you're probably "subconsciously counting points" since it kinda gets in your head. I hope you'll stay with WW since you've done so well with it in the past. Maybe you're just "over" going to the meetings. If you don't wanna go....I'll do a weekly weigh-in right here with you...then we'll both save money! I'll be doing my first official weigh-in this coming Sunday after I get back home. See how much I gained while here, and get back OP

Sounds like you've had a rewarding summer....isn't it wonderful to see the results of a remodeling??? Gosh...that's one thing I really love to do. I love buying new stuff for the house.

Well....it's another fabulously sunny day here in Paradise...so we're about to have a little b'fast and head out to the beach. I can see that beautiful water and white sand from here.

Glad you're back with us, Reb!!!

Gina....we need an update on your sister. Please.

Holly...you rode some miles this summer, Chickie!!!! Congrats!!! Good for you!!! And glad your Halloween weather is so magnificent! About workout shoes....you'll laugh, but when I'm on my Gazelle...I wear MY CROCS!!!!! No kidding!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:35 PM   #51  
We're TTC!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!:witch2:

I love Halloween. I hate to take my decorations down...

Sadly, I've had too much candy, too!

Jill- I would love to be your WW buddy. I like the idea of having a weekly weigh in here. I thought about joining online, but I'm not sure. The only thing that would be nice about that would be using the tracker and recipe builder. My meetings are ok, but it's the same stuff all the time. Same recipes, no new tips or tricks. I like the accountability part, though. So, maybe that would be helpful to have a weekly weigh in with you!

I have to admit to adoring my Crocs, too. Those darn plastic shoes are sooo comfy!

Holly- How was the Ghost Race station? That's kind of a bummer that no one you work with dresses up for Halloween. That's what I like about working at the school. I even wear my costume when I pass out candy at home. My dog does, too! I know...I'm a weirdo!

Have a great one ladies!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:42 AM   #52  

Hey Reb!

I have a great journaling and tracking system I use....online!! I'll send you the links if you'll PM me your email address. I don't want to put them on here because WW tends to "shut down" anything they find that people can use to do the program without joining. I thought about joining their online program too, but I think it's really expensive for what ya get. I've found ways to do it without sending them $$$. And if we weigh in here and do the online journaling well, we're THERE, Girl!!!

Sounds like you had a great Halloween....I'm sure Holly did too!

We had a quiet one here on the island...helped the staff decorate the bar at the end of the pier for the party they had. Fun Stuff!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:57 PM   #53  
We're TTC!!

Jill- Your Halloween sounds like it was fun! So, since I've been away, what are your big Thanksgiving plans? Are you going on a cruise or anything? I think this years Thanksgiving will be quite a bit different, but good. Normally, it's just me and hubby, mom and dad, sometimes my brother, and my grandma that passed away this summer at my parents house. This year we'll still have it at my parents, but my grandparents will be coming because the extended family is more spread out this year and my uncle that comes home every year won't be able to make it since he's dealing with colon cancer. He should be going through the last treatment around that time and he has a good prognosis. Anyhow, it will be a different Thanksgiving, but surrounded by loved ones!

My husband is having a colonoscopy tomorrow and is a little nervous about it. It will be good to have it over and done with.

Back to the Crocs talk... who has 'em (I know Jill does!!) and what colors do you have????

I have... 2 pairs of the flip flops, a baby pink and turquiose blue, and 1 pair of the regular Crocs in a cotton candy pink.

What's everyone's plans for the weekend? I'm not sure for me yet. I need to do some winter clothes shopping...

Have a great Friday, chickies!
Old 11-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #54  

Hi Chickies!

I'm home from a wonderful week in Paradise! Grand Cayman was fabulous, as usual. It was REALLY NICE to go alone with HH. We can't remember the last time we went away by ourselves and it was a really great week just being beach and pool bums together. We do that SO WELL! We each read 4 books...so that will let you know how much sun time we put in. Can't wait to go back in April for my birthday. The really great news is that we came home to incredible weather. It's gonna be 75 and low humidity, with nights of 55 or so for the next 10 days. YAY!!!!! Time to get out there and RIDE!!

Back to reality....am going to weigh myself and get back OP tomorrow. I think I probably gained 2 lbs....but that's OK. Hey Reb....did you weigh in today??? To answer your Thanksgiving question....we're just hangin' out here I think. Nothing special's going on. (so far!) Christmas we're thinking about a ride to the Keys with a couple of friends from our HOG group. Will keep ya posted on that.

How'd hubby do with his colonostomy??

About my favorite shoes....my Crocs....I just have a black pair of the clunky ones, but I have lotsa Croc Charms all over them

What'd everyone do this weekend???
Old 11-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #55  
We're TTC!!

Hey Chickies!

I'm back on track today too, Jill! I weighed in Friday morning actually and shockingly enough, I'm about where I was the last time I went to WW. Not entirely sure how that happened considering the way I've eaten...

Hubby's colonoscopy was good. No polyps! He wont have to go through it again until another 5 years.

This weekend wasn't too exciting. We did some shopping after his colonoscopy on Friday and I bought some cute clothes. My mom gave me a workout video that is supposed to be a daily 7 minute workout. I think it's called Shapely Secrets or something. I'll let you know how it goes. We had my husband's family over yesterday for a cookout. It was fun.

Glad you had a great time in Paradise, Jill!! What books did you read?

Have a great Monday everyone.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #56  

Hi Chickies!

Yep...I had to move my weight tracker up a little after a week in Paradise, but it was expected since all I did was lay in the sun enjoying Island drinks and snacks for a solid week!!!!

OP as of yesterday....did good. Haven't tackled my Gazelle yet, but that too shall come. One thing that has helped me tremendously is hearing all about how short bursts of exercise are just as beneficial as putting in a loooooong, exhausting hour all at one time. I've been hopping on my Gazelle for 15 minute bursts a few times a day, and have found that I do MORE that way. It also helps me get in Exercise Mode by not killing myself with it. I get discouraged when I try to do that. So....Short Bursts for Me! Sounds like you can do short bursts with that new video your Mom gave you, Reb....then do a few short bursts of something else til you put in your day's time.

Reb, GOOD FOR YOU being the same weight. That must be some motivation for you!!! I know it would be for me. I'm looking foward to my Saturday weigh-in with my WWBFF: YOU! Anyone else care to join us for Saturday weigh-in's???

Reb, so glad hubby's results were good. It's always such a relief to have good news at the dr's.

Books I read while on the beach? Well...I read 3 James Patterson books...1st to Die and 2nd Chance are the books that new TV series are modeled after: The Women's Murder Club on Friday nites. Those are GREAT books! I also read James Patterson's Big Bad Wolf...and another romantic suspense novel called Night Whispers by Judith McNaught. ALL were great reads

More later, Chickies...have a great day!
Old 11-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #57  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey chickies -

I'm at work so I don't have much time. The update on my sis is that she is out of ICU, in a rehab hospital getting 3 hours of therapy a day to try to bring back function of her left side. It's gonna be a long haul, I think...the hope is to get her home for Thanksgiving. I'll catch up and post again later.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #58  

Ohhh Gina.....thanks for the update. I have you and your sis in my prayers with hope that all will go well for her and your family.

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know the latest.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #59  
We're TTC!!

Gina, you are in my thoughts and I hope that all goes well for your sister.

I really think that this evening I could chew my arm off. I have been soooo snacky! I think the only reason is because I'm back on track and taking the time to count points again. It will get better. It always takes a few days.

Jill- During Christmas break I'll have to check out some of those books you mentioned. I've had a terrible time staying focused to read a book in a while. I guess because when I am off work I can think of a million things to do around the house. Plus I watch WAY too much tv. I need to have a no tv day. I don't think hubby will go for it!

Great idea on breaking your exercise down to 15 minute increments! That really would make it seem more feasible to workout. My MIL gave me her stationary bike. I really like it when I actually use it. Doesn't hurt my points.

I think that it would be great if anyone wants to join our weekly weigh in!!! It would really help us all stay focused!

Have a great one chicks!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #60  
Biker Chick!

Hi chicks! welcome back Jill, Hi Rebel, and Gina, to you and your sister and family.

I've stayed away because again I've just had no adherence to eating sensibly, and that just makes me so disgusted with myself.

I had one of those light-bulb-over-the-head thoughts the other night...if the anti-depressant that I take does such a good job of lessening the strong emotional stuff, could it also be lessening my will to make the right decisions?

I'm not trying to make excuses, just really trying to find an answer to why I can't do what I know needs to be done.

I've been exercising 5 X a week, I'm glad for that.
Closed Thread