Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #31  
but you can call me Sarah

S/C/G: 165/185/135

Height: 5'2

(I'm not a biker chick, but since it's Biketoberfest here in Daytona Beach, I thought I 'd say 'hi'!)
Old 10-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #32  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hi Wifey! Living in Daytona qualifies you for our group if you want to stay here and post with us We're neighbors! I live in Eustis...about 45 miles from you.

We did ride to Daytona BikeFest yesterday....looked like rain in the morning, but it turned out to be a fabulous day. We spent a buncha time at the Harley exhibit and other vendors by the Speedway...then finished the day at Destination Daytona. What a great time we had!

I kinda stayed OP....I was pretty good (considering!) Tomorrow I start being VERY OP....and back to my Gazelle Workout while wearing my weight vest.

This coming Saturday we leave for Cayman....just HH and Me this time.....so we'll be OP while there, except for those poolside cocktails

Hope ya'll had a fun weekend too
Old 10-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #33  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning!!I didn't post for a couple days cause I always get ashamed of myself when I don't stay OP with eating...been working out each day, at least I've got that (rolling eyes)

Hi wifey in Daytona!!

Jill you have got SUCH control and reserve...having a dry baked potato when eating out! and carrying your dressing...you are so in-control!! and congrats on another pound dropped and gone forever!

We've had incredible warm weather for this time of year...like the low 70's during the day!! Normally it would be a very cool low 60's or even 50's. I have been appreciating every minute on the bike and trying to imprint memories that will keep me through the winter.

One of our friends on a biker forum told us that his mom was diagnosed with cancer...she's resigned to the thought of losing her hair and was going to go with wigs, but her son (the biker) convinced her to go with scarves an d bandannas, and he asked us badbutt bikers to come through for her and sent him a bandanna, so he could send them to her. What a nice idea for a son to do for his mom! I"ve had fun searching for bandannas; I found some leopard-print ones in wild colors; and a traditional blue one but it has sparkles.

Gotta choose an exercise tape, then do it have a great day!!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:11 AM   #34  
but you can call me Sarah

S/C/G: 165/185/135

Height: 5'2

I'm glad you had a good time while you were here. It seemed pretty quiet to us that live here, but the sheriff's dept said it was the biggest Biketoberfest ever! Haha!

Nice to meet all you biker chicks.

Oh, and I had a friend that had breast cancer (at the age of 56) and all she wore until she got her peach-fuzz were really cool bandannas. I'm all for it!
Old 10-25-2007, 04:21 PM   #35  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey chickies -
Had a bit of family drama myself this last week. My sister had 3 brain aneurisms and needed surgery to clamp them off. She's been in ICU in Los Angeles since the 16th. I made it down there last weekend and was able to spend some time with her. I'll prolly head back down next week again. When I got back up here I took care of my mom for a few days to give my dad a chance to go down. Bedpan duty...not fun. Mom's a trooper tho - she put up with me. Yesterday was a little bit more back to normal - I made it to the gym. Today I rode my bike to work...it feels good to burn off some aggression.
The good news is that with all the stress and traveling I managed to lose a pound. It totally paid off to fill the ice chest with string cheese and yogurt and sandwich fixins.

wifey!
Holly - so sorry about your friends mom. Too cute about the bandanas.
Jill - Have fun in the Caymans!!
Momof3 - hope the wedding went smoothly!! to DS.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #36  

Hi Holly, Hi Wifey....and OMG Gina....I definitely have you and your family in my prayers. Good God, Kiddo....you really have your plate full right now. My best thoughts are with you.

Off to Cayman on Saturday....weight loss has slowed but I'm still losing. Gonna try to keep it up on our trip....but not expecting any loss, just hoping to maintain til I get back and start kickin' a$$ again.

We are taking our laptop and will have wireless internet while there....so I'll be checking in from time to time. Have to keep tabs on My Chickies!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:57 AM   #37  
Biker Chick!

Gina - so sorry to hear of your sister You know you have our thoughts and prayers to your family!!

Jill - Bon Voyage!! have a great time

Hi wifey and Mom of 3!

I've been doing awful with eating...like I'm more focused on what I can't have and that makes me want it more and been giving in to it At least I can't beat myself up over not exercising cause I've been doing a tape a day.

have a good one!

oh yeah -I've been able to ride to work still, yay! but yesterday the air temp was still in the mid 40's even though the sun was out...I got to work, and it took a while to warm up...a little old lady co-worker asked, why didn't you take your car? and I said, jumping up and down to warm my toes, 'cause it's so beautiful on the bike'

Last edited by VermontMom; 10-26-2007 at 09:00 AM. Reason: oops
Old 10-26-2007, 09:25 AM   #38  

Hi Holly!

Know what you mean about focusing on what we CAN'T eat....but I'm here to tell ya that journaling my food intake fixes that problem for me. It's like a game to see what I CAN eat that will keep me OP. When I don't journal, my brain thinks of all kinds of ways to "cheat" on myself!!

Good for you staying on your exercise plan. I've been busy lately so haven't been on my Gazelle as often as I should, but I'm on there today.

And as for that woman questioning why you didn't drive your car to work...people who don't ride just don't GET IT. Altho, when I told people about experiencing the incredible SMELLS of upstate NY...the spruce, the grapes, the apples, etc....some people were like "Oh Yeah....you wouldn't have had that experience in a car w/ the windows up!" DUH!

Off to Cayman tomorrow....am worried about the weather tho....looks cloudy down there!!!! YIKES!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:19 PM   #39  
Biker Chick!

Jill, I sure hope that those pesky clouds clear up!!

about scents on a bike..it IS a big part of it, isn't it!! and there is someone the next town over that eats steak WAY too often, 'cause I smell it cooking as I cruise through and it smells WAY too good!!

Well I was lucky to have a few hours on the bike this afternoon, I have a bunch of thank-you notes to complete for our FD Auxiliary, and it's much more fun to deliver them by hand, via the bike, than to mail them.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:57 PM   #40  
GmaTo8

Just a pop-in to make sure you saw the Bios sticky at the top of the page. There is an area reserved just for your group, if any of you would want to list your bios.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #41  
Biker Chick!

Cool, Jane, thank you! I just posted my Bio.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:49 AM   #42  
Biker Chick!

Good morning chicks!! Well I guess today is when Jill leaves for the Caymen Islands - bon voyage and happy trails and beautiful weather wishes to you!!

My husband and I are about to go to our Town Hall and help set it up for the Halloween party next week. I got up late, so I'll have to work out once we get back.

Does anyone like to have commercial soup for lunch? it's got tons of sodium, but it fills me up well. I know, I should make my own, but opening a can is sooo convenient

have a great day!!
Old 10-27-2007, 09:38 AM   #43  

Yep! About outta here! I will check in tho...from The Islands, Mon!

Hey Holly....Progresso has a new LITE Soup....supposed to be lower sodium and NO POINTS! Let us know if you try it while I"m gone!

Have fun planning your party!

Later, Chickies!
Old 10-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #44  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Jill - you talking bout 0 point soup? I tried a couple of them - they are pretty good for the calorie count. I think I tried vegetable soup and something like southwest style. 120 calories for the whole can.

Lately I've been into boxed soups - I like Imagine brand and Trader Joes brands. The best ones for me are butternut squash/apple and the mushroom ones. Very creamy but under 100 calories for a cup. I add protein powder sometimes...
Today is housecleaning day again... :P I'll hit the gym later. Maybe I'll even manage to get a ride in. The weather is gorgeous! 74 degrees today.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #45  
Biker Chick!

Hi Gina! How is your sister?

Those soups do sound good!

Well....we had it today...snow flurries! bleh! It is totally expected by this time, in fact some years we have snow on the ground by Halloween (now THAT'S scary). I MIGHT have had my last ride by now, so I am very glad I took every advantage of every time I had to ride

I rode 13,400 miles this year woooohooooooooo

I worked out for almost an hour this morning, before work. That is a big accomplishment for me, and one I hope to keep up!

Rebel, we miss ya girl!
Closed Thread