Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #136  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning! Jill, did your dh hear about the job?

ugh, this morning as I'm sipping my coffee I'm wondering what THAT taste is...check the 2% milk jug, and it's past the expiration date and sure tastes like it, even though it didn't clump in my coffee...bleh!

Then took the dog out and realized dh and I have to shovel/snowblow pdq for him to get to work on time. Where did those four new inches of snow come from?!? Thank goodness for the snowblower, it makes such a difference.

Happy Fat Tuesday! No King Cake for me, thank you

I got to move my ticker down 2 pounds. I've been aware of being 2 down for maybe a week but wanted to 'be sure'. A-l-m-o-s-t back into the 160 range, sigh!

Hope everyone's doing good. On our biker forum, everyone's already excited and looking forward to the EasyRiders Rodeo in Chillicothe, Ohio over Labor Day weekend. Sure is fun to look forward to events!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #137  
Biker Chick!

Hellooooo everyone

well I was pissed, after finally moving my ticker down, to weigh yesterday and see that it's up FIVE pounds? then TOM arrived today...gawd, hope that's the reason for the higher numbers!

I bought some stuff at my fave secondhand shop today. Well, a size 12 jeans isn't too bad. I just needed something new for me. I saw SO many cute tops that I would have snatched up, if I were 15-20 pounds less

Tried to keep on track. I know I should exert the self-control, but the dh brought home apple pie, ice cream and cool whip. He knows how hard I'm trying. It's very frustrating. I had about a cup of ice cream. It's not the end of the world, but I work so hard to count my calories and work them off.

Another foot of snow arrived yesterday. Thank goodness for snowblowers!!!

and a nice deed was done to me the day before that. I was stuck in my driveway at the top, spinning in place, and a Town truck stopped, took sand out of his rig, spread it around for me and said with a smile, 'now, let 'er rip!' I bought a $10.00 gas card and mailed it to him as a small thank-you. There ARE good people in the world!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 260/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I am out of here for a few days and miss everything. Life is so busy sometimes. Work is still stressful but it will ease eventually. It's just the number of really big projects with serious deadlines that are killing me.

I am so glad to hear and see that everyone is doing so well. And yes Holly it feels wonderful when the meds work and you feel like your old self. That can make all the difference in your world.

Jill anything on the job for the dh yet? I hope it has been good news. My fingers are crossed for you guys.

On this front I had several really good days with the food and then today has been so off it isn't even funny. However mother nature has arrived and for some reason she always makes me crave and gotta have sugar. I never have figured that one out.

And I am in the best mood this evening. I got an early V-day because the dh was too excited to wait. He got me a Vermont Teddy Bear biker bear (I collect teddy bears). He is dressed all in biker gear and my hubby had them embroder Viragomama on the back of his little leather jacket. He had a little chocolate teddy bear on one hand. On the other was attached a little pink box which held ruby and diamond earrings. The card said "To my Viragomama".

I am getting so spoiled. I am loving every minute of it to. roflmao

to all of you.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #139  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Hey Chicks!

Long time no see!

Holly- I'm glad to see that you are doing tons better with the new meds and back to losing. You're back to your fun-loving self!!! Yipppeee!!

Jill- I really hope you enjoy your new job and work schedule. You have such a wonderful, upbeat personality that you will do great working in a hospital!!

wannab- Lucky girl! That is such a sweet and romantic gift from your DH!! Awww...

Gina- How are things going with you chickadee?!

Do you ladies have any romantic Valentine's Day plans yet? My hubby and I usually have a candlelit dinner at home, because when we were first married we were too poor to go out to eat (LOL) and so it just became a habit. I think we need to plan to go out this year, though.

Let's see... what else has been going on since I was last here... hmmm... Oh yeah, I think since I turned 30 (almost 31 now) and since I've got on meds to help my hormones with the PCOS and all that my biological clocking has been ticking loudly!!! At first, Dh wasn't too receptive to the idea, but after talking out some of his fears, he's embracing it. We want to start trying in the next year to year and a half. I also want to lose some weight before I become pregnant. I am so scared of weight related complications. I am also anticipating fertility issues due to my PCOS. So, I think it will be a long road. We'll see what happens, though!!

We don't have bike trips planned yet. We did rejoin a motorcycle club, so I hope that gets us out a little more this summer. We went to the EasyRiders Bike Show in KC, Mo last May and had a blast. We wussed out and didn't ride, but it was still fun. I looked at their website a few weeks ago and they didn't have anything listed in KC yet, but I'll keep looking! If they do, we plan on going. I have to say, though, I thought their Miss EasyRider or whatever was a He-She. She had an Adam's Apple and was very orange "tanned' like an Oompa Loompa. Bizzarre!!

Have a great weekend girls!

Last edited by rebelridergirl; 02-09-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:17 AM   #140  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! Hi Rebel!! so good to hear from you That's so funny about the orange-hued EasyRiders Ms. He/she yay to you for getting your dh to talk about his trepidations of parenting. Any parent will tell you sure, it's scary but great

wannab - such a great Teddy bear outfit!! i just saw on the news that Vermont Teddy Bear Co. will have UPS shipping 200,000 bears by Valentines Day.

We have another winter storm to deal with. Im actually waiting til I finish my second cuppa coffee before i step outside to see what we have to deal with, to get the cars out...then it's "freezing rain, sleet, and heavy snow" til this afternoon. ANywhere from 4-10" is forecast

I have strayed from my strict 1500 cals a day; it's been more, but I have been faithfully exercising every day! it does feel good to feel more strenght, though the fat is still over the muscle

will try to check in again tonight. Have a great day!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #141  
Fat Cat

S/C/G: 199/198/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi!
I'm Catherine, friends call me Cat'
I live in the Pocono Mountains of PA. great riding - short season
I am 46 and I let myself go over the years.
I have two daughters and a biker/magician for a husband.
He has a 04 Big Dog Chopper and now that our girls are teens we have been enjoying riding as often as we can.
I am sure I will gain a lot of support and friendship from this forum.
I feel good already!
Cat'
Old 02-15-2008, 10:06 AM   #142  
Biker Chick!

Hi Cat and welcome! Always good to have another bike lovin chick here
Old 02-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 260/180/135

Hey Cat!!! Glad you could join us. You will find a great group of women here. We just enjoy new friends and helping each other out.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #144  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Cat!! A magician biker - very

Kayla - Way too cute with the bear! What a sweetie!

Holly - hope the weather is at least pretending to warm up for ya? Sending your way. WTG on the consistent exercise!!

Rebel - wow! Big plans!! We did the official go out to eat for V-Day yesterday. steak house!

Jill - I've been meaning to ask how you like that weight vest. Sounds like you do like it - you're still using it. Big changes for you - very exiting...and prolly a little scary. Nursing assistants are always in demand, I think.

It finally looks like things might be moving for a new job for me... I'm thinking April Fools is a good start date. I'm trying to stay off of Craigslist until it's more sure. VROD Dreams....

My arm is still messed up...I'm going to call the doc and try cortisone shots soon. It's been 2 months and it's gotten old. I'm still jogging....it's ok but I miss my bikes.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #145  
Fat Cat

How is everyone? I am enjoying my three day weekend. The sun finally peeked out from the cloud that has been here for what seems like months. It really lifted my spirit. I am counting the days till riding season. My husband went to a bike show in New York, so he will definatly have the itch. I stayed home to do some homework and enjoy the quiet (both daughters at a party).

Cat'
Old 02-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #146  
Biker Chick!

Good morning!

Cat, I HEAR YA about needing spirits lifted! I enjoy every ray of sunshine that appears here.

Jill - that your arm is still messed up I sure hope it gets better soon. Kudos to you for adapting your exercise to accomodate it

Still plugging along. I was doing pretty well sticking to 1500 calories, but I truly don't think I can lose on that . Do I need to dip down to 1200?!? that's like starvation rations to me I can FEEL more strength and maybe see a tiny definition in places, but I stil have pounds of fat to remove.

What keeps me going is knowing that with each workout, if I'm building a little muscle, that muscle requires more energy to maintain. And I swear I have the unhealthy desire to flaunt my trimmer bod in front of the old biddy at work

I don't have today off...in fact Presidents' Week is, next to Christmas and New years', our busiest time. Bleh. We did an almost record day of sales yesterday, and my boss kept me at work 15 minutes past the hour...which doens't sound like much? but at the end of the day it's hard to take, especially that he will NOT pay me for that

gotta bring in the dog, drink my breakfast (carnation instant no-sugar added) and work out, then get ready for work.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #147  
Fat Cat

DH (I imagine that means husband, don't know the lingo yet0 took the bike out for a blast around our community and slid on the gravel and wet roads. I think it scared him into waiting for spring. Living on a mountain is not good for winter riding. When we lived in the city, the roads were flat and straight, we pretty much road year round. Well that was 16 years ago ... we were a lot younger too ... I would not do it now... I am old...

But I am enjoying my day off!

Old 02-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #148  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! Cat, I'm glad he was able to take it out...but whoa, watch out for that sand and gravel! That is a BIG hazard until spring rains (and the streetsweeping machines) get rid of it. But I understand the CABIN fever.

I've been lucky this winter but I finally caught a head cold, and man it felt like I was hit by a truck. The aches, the sinus pressure, the running nose...GAH!! I haven't been able to exercise since TUESDAY!! And I HAD been working out EVERY DAY for at least a month. damb!

I think I will try a workout today. The symptoms are in the head, not the chest; I think that's the thresh hold people say that it's okay to try a workout.

My husband misplaced (LOST) our checkbook yesterday. THat made a mad scramble to go to the bank to cancel that account and set up a new one; plus now we have to contact everyone that we have auto payments set up with; plus call anyone I had sent checks to from a week or so, to let them know that we're not stiffing them . Oh joy

Our younger son has a friend who wants to sell him his bike, a Ninja 500. If it was a 250, we'd be okay with that, but I think a 500 is way too powerful for a kid to learn on. But I'd like it

hope everyone's doing well. I HATE winter and am heartily sick of it.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #149  
Biker Chick!

and yes - DH is dear husband
Old 02-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #150  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

or danged husband depending on the situation or time of month.

Cat - gravel and road snakes freak me out. I used to ride year around, too...sometimes older means smarter, huh? Here's a link to the lingo for your entertainment value.

Holly baby - soon!! How old is the boy? A 500 does go pretty fast - I'd be a little worried, too. But then you're a mom - you prolly worry if he's on a big wheel.

Welp - I'm off to the gym. I got the dog walked before the rain started.
Closed Thread