Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:40 AM   #301  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ceejay - as far as trick or treaters go, the rule here is that if you are giving treats you turn your porch light on. Kids are not supposed to go to dark houses. So you could have gone home after all We got our last set of kids at 8:45pm so you might have still got nailed if you went home at 8pm. Bummer that you had to miss your program. Maybe you can get an update on the Internet.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
I should have come home and turned off the porch light. When I got home the street had just a couple of houses that had lights on.

Rennie
I'm still planning on doing th 21 day challenge but posting here instead of that board. I can't keep up traveling all over the place. Have you tried the fiber one bars, The package says it's a good source of grains.

Yesterday's challenge was fair. There was no cardio do the fact that I had muscle cramps in both legs the night before and they were still sore and tight.
I did complete the 1 mile using the pedometer for bone health and the food diary was also completed.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #303  
Choose your hard

I LOVE the FiberOne bars. Well just the peanut butter - don't like the chocolate one. And my friends who are nutrition gestapos approve of them too so they can't be that bad. Something like 9 grams of fiber in one bar. I often do that for breakfast with a yogurt. It keeps me going until lunch. And I can tell that high carby things just make me really hunger an hour after I eat them so for me they work. Everyone I've told about them likes them. I just limit them to no more than 3 a week - they are WW points friendly too.
And no one has noticed any detrimental too much fiber bad stuff that can happen with those sorts of things. Has anyone tried added the powdered fiber stuff to their soups and foods? Munch those apples too chicks.

What do you mean people don't have trick or treat in their neighborhoods? You mean not alot of houses giving out candy or they just flat out ban the trick or treating?
Old 11-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #304  
Choose your hard

I was sitting in class today and...

Someone drove in from Oceola, Arkansas just to attend our class.

Someone was going to Ottowa next week on business.

And I was really looking forward to sitting at lunch by the wall with the big mural of the world and looking for more islands near Shad when this bloke sat at "my" table. Turns out he was from Australia. Didn't catch where. I was about to talk to him when one of his classmates came and sat with him. As time went on, he appeared to be quite a bit of a pompous bag of wind. And it's not like he was a young hottie either. I'd say he got into the computer field right after they stopped making them with vacumn tubes - you know, slightly before me I thought to myself - he's no Shad but then again, Shad's a Kiwi - therein lies the difference I guess...

Oh hey - it's November, isn't it? Guess we're going nowhere as no one set the thread up. If Nobody cares, I'll set it up now.

Those of you who actually wanted to go somewhere can pick a nice place for December, 'k?
Old 11-01-2007, 06:47 PM   #305  

Shy, Ceejay, if you're looking for an easy fiber hit, why not try a tbsp of ground flax seed in a glass of water, morning and night. You'll be quite incredibly regular, if you get my drift... In fact it might be a good idea to start at once a day if you're not a big fiber eater already.

Madcat, enjoy your time in NYC. Are you going to hunt out the outlet clothing stores and buy up a storm? Great bargains, especially right now with our mighty Canadian dollar.

Mel, it seems to me you have elections every few months - what is that about??? You probably told us ages ago and I somehow missed it or had a senior moment at the wrong time.
Sorry to hear the flu shot laid you and Jen low. I haven't had mine yet, but will be prepared for the worst.

Shad, you little energizer bunny you! Always :runn ing: Good thing we're going Nowhere this month, you'd be even more tuckered out if we had to move!

Holly, that must be one heck of a nasty bug you've got! Maybe you need another trip to Ruth for some R&R to fix you up.

And speaking of Ruth, how's the dog search going? Are you planning on a puppy or an adult dog? We'll want to see photos once you've made a selection - an opportunity to get all squishy and sentimental about a new ball of fluff.

Happy, I confess I'm a little disappointed you're not a constant house mover - I was hoping to get some insight into how people find the energy for it. If you do opt for the place you saw that your DH liked, does that mean no retirement move to RI?

Well, here it is November, and tomorrow I'll be heading home from Newfoundland and back to Nowhere. It was freezing when we arrived on Tuesday, but has warmed up quite a bit since. It's actually quite pretty here in St John's, right on the Atlantic, all craggy and hilly. The houses in my part of town are reminiscent of San Fran, but narrower and brighter colours. I seem to remember reading that the houses are painted in such bright colours to counteract the long, dreary, windy winters. The hard part of it all is the getting up an hour and a half earlier than at home. And, of course, staying up until the wee hours to watch favourite tv shows. I haven't eaten any cod tongues or scrunchions, and have stayed well away from screech and cod kissing ceremonies. As for what I have eaten, let's just say that I really wish what I ate in Newf stayed in Newf... instead of coming home nicely glued onto belly and thighs.

Good night all!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #306  
Choose your hard

Thanks for the explanation Rennie. I can definitely see your point. There is a small 2 lane road I travel to work with a gully on either side and no shoulder on the road. I think it's crazy that joggers run on that road. Are we supposed to go 2 miles an hour behind them? It's a perfect example of where there should be no little kiddies trolling either.

Glad you're back from Newfie Carla. Cod tongues. Um. Um. Um. I think I'll stick with the "other stuff" you won't talk about. But not Poutine either

I set up the new thread. We are firmly entrenched in Nowhere in November.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126285

Don't post here anymore.

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-01-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:38 PM   #307  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

No okay, I won't
Old 11-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #308  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

OK SHAD THEN I WON'T EITHER
Closed Thread