3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   ATTENTION: The Thin Wannabee's HOLIDAY 2007 goal ... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/123774-attention-thin-wannabees-holiday-2007-goal.html)

CJ 09-27-2007 02:11 PM

ATTENTION: The Thin Wannabee's HOLIDAY 2007 goal ...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...owmanline2.gif

It’s that time again! Where did the summer go? It’s time to ask ourselves “Where do we want to be by Thanksgiving/Christmas”? We have 2 months left to Thanksgiving and 3 months (yes, 3 months!) left to Christmas!!!!! and NOW is the time to get our butts in gear!!! Stop procrastinating – get with whatever program you are on and stay there! DON’T wait until the last moment and then ask yourself “Why oh why didn’t I work harder before this”??? START NOW! We still have time! WE CAN DO THIS!!

Please check in at least once a week with your progress - if you have a loss, or are the same, or "gained" (remember, confession is good for the soul) ... whatever your goal is just check in and let us all know how you are doing.

You can make your goal anything you want. If you don't want to set a number to lose, but just want to make better choices foodwise or get into a healthy habit - post with us. We welcome anyone!

CJ
Thin Wannabees Moderator

CJ 09-27-2007 02:21 PM

My goal for this challenge will be:
1) Continue with Curves and my daily walking!...
I won't have a problem with this one as I am so programmed in doing it finally! I just made my 500 mile goal at the Sports Plex!

2) drink at least 80 oz water or more every day...
I've not been getting my quota in so will have to work on this step!

3) hopefully lose at least 5-10 lbs...
I definately want to get at least 5 lbs off me .. I've been sitting at this 170-172 mark for eons and so want to break back into the 160's!!!!! But, if I can get more than 5, like maybe 10 I would be a really happy camper!

4) Eat tons more veggies!
I've been thinking about joining WW online but am still undecided. I think for now I will just work on getting more water intake and more veggies. I've been staying away from the breads and trying to stay clear of the sweets but I think my diet needs to be altered a bit and I know for a fact that I need to add more of the veggies!

How about everyone else?? Come on in and join me and let's get in shape for the holidays together!

Love, CJ

deedee10 09-27-2007 02:34 PM

Count me in!

My goals are:

1) Continue my daily workout with my Walk off the Pounds and Pilates CD's and continue adding weight training to my routine.

2) I also need to drink more water and cut down on the diet cokes.

3) I want to work on getting to 135 by Dec. 1. I'll even take 140. I'm 151 right now.

4) I eat a lot of veges but I need to cut back on the sweets. Its not necessary for me to have something sweet after lunch and dinner. A weekly sweet treat is the goal. Also arrange my schedule to allow for more sleep because I never get enough and lack of sleep limits weight loss.

I've been making numerous commitments to lose weight but something has really clicked this time and I'm going to do it!!!!!

CJ 09-27-2007 03:13 PM

Welcome deedee and Barbara! You both seem to be doing great! Keep up the good work - I'm sure you both will do well with your Holiday goal .. CJ

kobe21 09-27-2007 03:43 PM

Goal Time

Miniature Goal for Halloween (tee-hee, costumes are fun!) = 125 lbs (that is gonna be tough due to years of yo-yo dieting)

Goal for Thanksgiving = 123 lbs (haven't seen this since January of 2007, and the only reason I got that low was because I stopped eating completely due to a horrendous breakup)

Goal for Christmas = 120 lbs (best present ever!)

Birthday Goal (February) = 115 lbs....we'll see...

deedee10 09-28-2007 01:24 PM

Thanks for the welcome CJ!!! In order to make myself accountable to myself and all of you, I will weigh in every Monday and post my weight here. Here's looking to the number going down, down, down.

9/28 starting weight: 150.5
10/1: 150 lost 1/2 pound - its a start ;-)
10/8:
10/15:
10/22:
10/29:
11/5:
11/12:
11/19:
11/26:
12/3:

CJ 09-28-2007 02:07 PM

Sounds like a good plan to me Dee Dee! YOU CAN DO IT!

I want to invite everyone also to come post with us on our Thin Wannabee's chitter chatter thread too ... We would love to have you! Hope to see you all there ... Good luck on your Holiday goals!

CJ
Thin Wannabee's Moderator

ImpalaHoarder 10-02-2007 06:46 AM

Goals:
1) Get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day
2) Continue to eat sensibly
3)Eat more vegetables
4) Break into the 170's by Thanksgiving

It's exciting to start finding out what I would look like healthy- so far I seem to be the muscley type, so I'm not going to be too ambitious about my ultimate weight loss goal- right now it's 160, but when I get there, which I hope to do in the next year, we'll see. ;)

kelton 10-13-2007 07:36 PM

(newbie here)
I have recently lost 11lbs (before posting much here).
I was a soda pop addict...going thru a 12 pack a day.
I recently switched to water & only 3 sodas a day (hard to do).
Watching my portions.... only starting exercise... I have to watch out or I get addicted & over work things.
I used to be 115lbs ( a bazillon yrs ago) but medications shot that all to ****.
But.... when I started gaining more, I realized it was me & not the meds.
Wow reality sucks sometimes. lol 215 was an eye opener... it blinded me.... but a cheescake & choclate cake made me slip back into my fantasy world.
I have trouble with night time snacking..eating. Chimney smoking, etc.
I want to be here & I want to do all I can to make this work... I like to cheer others on. I will try hard to not get jealous of others. :)
Happily 20 years of marriage, 2 grown children & this all started at a sweet age of 16. I like to do things early :) lol
Please be patient with me, this is all new to me.
Thanks for letting me in & share my life... I look forward to starting my NEW life with all of you.

CJ 10-13-2007 11:14 PM

Welcome Kelton and good luck on your journey to being thin! You can do it! I'm so glad to see you also posted with us on our chit chat thread .. Looking forward to getting to know you more ...

Love, CJ

aivlys 10-13-2007 11:57 PM

My goal is to lose 15 pounds by the end of the year. That's doable, right?

Sassy 10-19-2007 10:08 AM

Here I am!

Hi guys,
This is a good idea CJ, I am definately in. I have been struggling with all the traveling and the events going on in my life and now this is just what I need right now. So both Grandson's are here now and things will hopefully slow down now so these are my Holiday Goals. :hohoho:

1. Be on target with my WW program. Eat lots more veggies. :broc:

2. Continue going to Curves, 5 times a week. :exercise:

3. Drink all the water I am required to drink each and every day. :yay:

4. Lose at least 5 lbs by Thanksgiving :turkey: and another 5 by the New Years :newyear: for a total of 10 lbs, so I don't get behind the 8 ball come Jan 2nd.

Come on guys, anyone else want to join in? Let's all kick some butt! :kickbutt: Me I could use a little less of that too.

That is it and the best of luck :goodluck: to each and everyone of you's. :dust:

Sassy Sharon :running: