Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 12:11 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default The Thin Group #71

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 01-02-2002, 12:13 PM   #2  
CJ

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! And I shall be back in a few to post!

Love, CJ
Old 01-02-2002, 12:53 PM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

Well, the bad news is in. I just got back from WI and gained .75 pounds over the Christmas holidays. I am completely back OP as of last Sunday, so will have to try to lose the added weight by WI on Monday.

I found that the travelling and eating in restaurants over Chirstmas very difficult. I can usually manage the occasional restaurant or evening out, but a constant diet of them makes it hard to stay on a weight loss program. Oh well, I will just have to be good this week and see what happens.

I am having a lot of trouble getting below the 140 pound mark. I'm trying really hard this week to see if I can break the plateau. Hopefully, the Christmas treats will be enough to get the metabolism working again. Of course, I could always resort to exercise. LOL

Hope everyone is getting back into the routine after the holidays. Remember, this is the year that we can get to goal!

Luv,
Old 01-02-2002, 01:48 PM   #4  
CJ

Well, I’m back – as promised! Well, I’m back – as promised! Had a wonderful Christmas, then went up to the cabin for New Years and had a wonderful dinner out with some family and friends. Lots of snow up there – at our place at least 2 feet, but oh so beautiful! We are actually going to stay home for this month, and then will probably go up again in February for couple weeks – then back home until probably April! Oh, have to tell you all – I just received 3 awards for my website, CJ’s Place (www.angelfire.com/mi3/cjsplace) 1 for my recipe website (www.angelfire.com/mi3/cjskitchenkorner) and another one for our Thin Group website (www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Sauna/4797) in case you may want to check it out. I’m feeling a little “proud”. Oh, and I think I did pretty ok over the holidays – I have missed 2 weeks for WI’s – have not journaled (just in my mind but not on paper) and I do go for WI tomorrow morning, but got on the scale this morning and looks like I may be the same. Wish me luck!

Sherry:
I am here girl – not running any more! LOL Just imagine how much weight I could have lost if indeed I was running all that time! OK … this is the 2nd of Jan and it is time to get busy and stay OP! Thank you for the b’day card! Hey, do you want to get in on the updates? Send me your stats if you do, ok?

Jo:
Hey girl – 1st of the year! Don’t worry about that 2 lb gain – it’ll be gone in no time cuz this is the year we are all gonna get to our goals! I need a new update on your current wt, ok? Gonna post on Friday.

Carolyn:
I’m glad to see you posting and hope this year you will post more often! You have done such a wonderful job with WW – I know you are going to get to goal too along with the rest of us!

Peggy:
Don’t worry about not breaking the 140’s – you are so close! Did ya notice I made your name in pink cuz I seem to remember you like the color pink like I do! I’m sorry to hear about your mother and hope everything will be alright with her.

Sharon:
What a wonderful surprise you pulled on Tracey! Glad you had a good time and got to see her get her stripe too! We almost drove back to Kansas to surprise Dawn for xmas ourselves, but had already told everyone we would be here for xmas day so didn’t do it. Maybe next year… How is papa doing? Hope the medicine is working for him. Oh, and thank you too for the b’day card!

Dreamer:
Glad to hear you had a great christmas with Charlie – baby’s 1st Christmas’s are so special!

Judy:
I am so sorry that your daughter left again, but at least like you say you know she is ok. And you have every right to be a proud grandma! I too can only imagine how lonely you must have felt on Christmas day … I am so sorry. It will get better with time, and you have a good outlook so I know youa re going to be ok. Well I didn’t make my 60 lbs by 60 either since I just turned 60 in December, but I did manage to get rid of 15 of those lbs. And I know you will do it this year – for sure! I’m going to put you on the updates – I need to know what your goal wt will be ok? Don’t be a stranger – post often! Glad to see you back!

OK, be back later...
Love you guys!

Love, CJ
Old 01-02-2002, 01:55 PM   #5  
CJ

THE MONTH AFTER NEW YEARS!

Twas the month after New Year's, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).

I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt---
I said to myself, as I only can
"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"

So--away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
'Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore---
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!
Old 01-02-2002, 06:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Well, I'm taking a few minutes to myself to post. Hannah is with Grandma and Grandpa for a few hours, and I'm supposed to be going to church, just haven't left yet. I don't get much computer time without Hannah crawling and climbing all over me.

Even though we were sick, we had a good Christmas. Hannah made out like a bandit. She is sooo into "Blue's Clues," and got a couple toys base on it. What does she like best?? The box her Blue's Clues sing-along radio came in!! She carries the box under one arm, the radio, and another music thing under the other arm, or at least attempts to carry it all.

My mom really came across with some good toys for her. Mom is always cool with that kind of stuff, when she has the money. She got toys that hannah has to think with. Not just a cute doll or stuffed animal that she throws down and doesn't mess with anymore. She got her some bathtub stuff that has different shapes, and different things it does, and blocks with pictures that you have to put together, and and poster size wall dodad that tells you the letters of the alphabet, and words, etc. I think I'm actually haveing more fun with the presents, myself!!

The worse toy she got was a "guitar" that plays several different songs (at least the worse for Chad and me ). Her favorite song in "BINGO." If I hear that tune one more time, I'm going to be in the looney bin!!!

Unfortuantly, not all good. Hubby's dad got mad because we went to my ex sil house on Fri after christmas to see my dad, and nephews, and to exchange gifts. we were supposed to go to my step-brothers house on christmas to see dad, but was sick. same on christmas eve (Chad's family gets together every Christmas eve). Anyway, we planned on going down there on fri. anyway, even if we went on christmas so we could give the nephews there gifts, and to spend more time with dad. My fil informed us "whether Hannah is sick or not next year, she WILL go with them on Christmas eve" and then accused me of not taking her to his family that night because Chad didn't want to go to my family's on Christmas. (chad went to his family's get together for couple hours, though he admitted he should of stayed home). Chad and I had been fighting about going to my step brothers on Christmas, or staying home, and I was going to go with just hannah, then we all got sick and Hannah and i missed all of it (I'm actually glad we got sick, easier to back out on things). I guess they thing since we didn't get together with Chad's family, we shouldn't get together with mine, either. But Hannah got her stuff from Chad's family that night, plus his parents got to bring her stuff over to out house that night, too. They spent Christmas eve with her. They got more of a chance to spend with her than my parents did. (we saw my mom Mon. eve, but for only about 2 hours, because she had to go to work).

I swear btwn his parents, and my dad (my mom's the cool one on getting together), I feel like I'm the parent to a bunch or 2 and 3 year olds.

Now that I'm done complaining, and just noticed the time, I've got to go. Got to change out of my grubby t-shirt, and into something a little nicer, and get out of here. Church starts in ten minutes, and I'm going to be late.

talk to you all later,

Kim
Old 01-02-2002, 09:33 PM   #7  

Hi Ya'll.......

I wrote a long post last night but when I went to put my clipart in it said "That my image was too big" and went I went back to try again with another one, I got booted!

I had a BAD day!! Was going really good on plan until the Principal brought doughnuts in.At first they didn't bother me but since I work in the office, the smell was getting stronger & stronger and my willpower was geting weaker & weaker! I gave up......the doughnuts won and I have to admit I ate 3!!!!!

On the way home....I stopped at the store & bought lots of fruit,jello & Crystal Light. I threw my sweet tea down the drain!! So it's a start and I will win this battle!!

CJ.......YOU BRAT....BRAT......BRAT!!!!!!!!!! Gosh, gone for a few days and then come out of no where and start a NEW THREAD!!! LOL!!! You must have drove like crazy on the way home so you could start the new thread!! hehehehe!!
Glad you had a wonderful time at the cabin.I bet that snow was beautiful!! I wished we had some here!!!
Congrats on your awards!!!!!!! You deserve to be proud of them! They are something to be proud of!! WTG!!!
About the stats...yes add me!! 167-182-150 I bet I'm the only one who WENT UP instead of down!!!!!!!

Sharon.......Hi girlfriend!! I just got done writing you a long letter! Thanks so much for my card & letter that you mailed me! I'm so happy that you got to be there for Tracy on her receiving her award! Wow....what a proud Mom you were!! It sounds like you've done well in the "motherhood" dept!! I hope that when my boys move out they will know how to act and make me proud!! Anyways,glad you got to go (spur of the moment trips are the best!) and I'm glad you're home safely!! Oh I forgot to tell you.....On New Year's Eve...we went to friends house & ate, played cards,ate,watched the ball drop, ate, and had drinks.Did I mention we ate too??? LOL!!! We spent the night and got home yesterday about 12:30.

I was going to post to each one of you but hubby wants puter so I better be good & share! I need to be good all year so maybe next year he'll get me something better then a gift certificate at Home Depot!! LOL!!!

More later......
Luv ya'll...
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Last edited by Sherry; 01-02-2002 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:37 PM   #8  

Judy,

Hubby let me have the computer back for a minute and wanted to post to you before I went to bed.

I don't know if you remember me or not.I used to post here a while back.I'm back as I've missed everyone here.I didn't know about your Calvin.I'm so sorry.I know that the holidays were very hard on you.But you know what? You're right.....I bet that he wants you to smile, be happy and carry on with your life.I know that there will be times when it will be harder than others.But remember Judy, he's watching over you now.When you're sad, so will he.
I hope by me writing this I will not make you cry.I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you & care.

If you ever need a friend, I'm here for you.Take Care Sweetie and know that there's lots of people always here for you.
{{{{ Judy }}}}

Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 01-03-2002, 09:21 AM   #9  
Mother Hen

Default GOOD MORNING !

I've been good for two whole days now! Scale was kind this morning, shows one pound off already! Would like to start walking around the neighborhood each day but it's just too darn cold to go outside right now. Think I'll hibernate a little bit longer!

Sherry, you're a sweetie! Thank you and everyone else for your kindness. This past year has really been ****, but I'm going to do better this year. I have made a promise to myself to care about me and take care of myself. I have to be the one to do it, 'cause as sure as 'poop stinks', no-one is going to do it for me!

How do I get my picture as an avatar? Each time I try to put it in I get a message that it is too big. I have reduced it down to thumbnail size but the program still won't take it. What am I doing wrong? With all you computer whizes out there surely someone can tell me how to do it!

Also I would like to know where you are finding your names in the clips at the bottom of your posts. I think it looks so pretty with them there.

CJ, I want to be realistic with my goal weight. I would really like to get back down to about 150 lbs. but I probably won't live long enough to ever see that weight again! HaHa So, lets make my goal 200 lbs. At the rate I've been going in the past three years I may not make that one either! It's just me now, I don't have anyone else to cook for, or blame for my shortcomings. If ever the time was right to get myself healthy, NOW is that time! Happy belated birthday! So sorry I forgot. Hope it was a good one!

If I remember correctly, there are more of us who will be having birthdays in the coming month or two. Time just keeps marching on. Another year, another wrinkle (or two!). HeHe

Chrissy, thanks for the card. I didn't even send out Christmas cards this year. No tree, no decorations, why bother? I'm going to have my living room gutted and re-done so I'm going to have to pack up everything in there and get it down to the bare walls. They were supposed to get it all finished before Christmas but the special order for windows has been delayed. Oh well. too cold to change the windows now any way.

Sharon, I would have loved to take off for Houston and surprised my son and his family for the holidays like you did for your daughter. But it was not to be! We did use our computers and cameras to share the fun though. The next best thing to being there, I guess. Thank God for modern technology.

Time to get off and on! My project for today is to learn how to use my new carpet shampooer. That may be all the exercise I can handle for now. HaHa Only have carpet in one room right now, hardwood floors in the rest. After the living room is finished, I think I'll have the other rooms carpeted too. Money will be the deciding factor, if you know what I mean!

Hugs, Judy
Old 01-03-2002, 10:28 AM   #10  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello! Boy, this has been a busy place! I had to print out a couple threads to see if I could keep up with all of you! I’m so glad to see all the posts! Let’s see if I can address everyone before the boss makes me work.

Sherry, I think this is going to be our year! So there! Just to answer your question, I started WW on June 19, 2001 at 202 lbs. The plan was to be at goal by my 40th bday (52 lbs. in exactly 15 months). My 40th bday has come and gone and I still have about 20 lbs. to go. Goal is 150 … for now… I’m thinking I can probably do it by April or May. I’m not pushing too much, just trying to be realistic. Now forget about those nasty doughnuts and stick with me, kid!

Judy, I was thinking of you on Christmas. I know it must have been hard without Calvin but I think you’re right. He’d want you to be happy. How wonderful of you to welcome your daughter back and help her out. And I’m so glad to hear your granddaughter is doing so well. Something good has come out of this for her!

Regarding weight loss, you say you’ve been here 3 years and have lost "only seven pounds". You’re like me, kid! Slowly but surely, we’ll get there! Oh, but you know, I was kinda hoping no one would remember that "blowing my nose when I had to pee" comment!! By the way, have fun with the new carpet shampooer/exercise machine! LOL!

Peggy, 2-1/2 is such a great age to be at Christmas time! I bet your granddaughter just loved all the festivities. I’m so glad your dog has come home. I’ll bet you’ll never know where he’d been for those two cold nights. I’m sorry to hear about your mom, though. I’ll be sending prayers your way. Let us know how it's going.

Anyway, Peggy, I’m with you with this weight loss thing. I have about 20 lbs. to lose too. I saw your "notice". Private Jo – reporting for duty!! Don’t worry about the measly little weight gain. You can beat it!

Carolyn, I see you’re in on the weight loss vow for the year. This is it!! Our year!!

Sam, Miss Dramatic!?!? Who!?!? Me!?!?! Oh boy, I wish I had a nickel for every time someone accused me of that!!!! Me? Obsessing about my weight!?! Nah! Never! Anyway, glad to hear Charlie had a good Christmas. About her getting half a toy store, don’t worry. It just gets better and bigger (and more expensive) every year they grow up. My 3 year old nephew made out like a bandit! Where were all these great toys when I was a kid?

CJ, BRAT! That’s all I’m going to say. Oh, except that I loved the New Year poem!

Kim, so what’s a holiday without fighting relatives? In my family, it’s my mom vs. my brother’s girlfriend. I have to take mom’s side on that one because my brother’s girlfriend is ... how can I put this nicely? ... an idiot!! Anyway, hope you’re feeling better.

Whew! Well, I’m sure I’ve forgotten someone but I’d better go. I’ve typed this all in Word and am going to paste it into the thread. As for me personally, I’ve been a good girl. I’ve watched what I’m eating, counted points, gotten on the treadmill in the morning and in the evening for at least 15-20 minutes each. I’m drinking gallons of water. My period is almost gone. I’ve refused to step on the scale. Hopefully, things are looking up.

Then again, here comes the boss now...

Love you guys!
Jo.
Old 01-04-2002, 10:35 AM   #11  
Conquering with SBD

Just wondering who is going to start the Valentine's Day Challenge...CJ where are you?
Old 01-04-2002, 10:41 AM   #12  
CJ

OK OK - I'll go do it! LOL

Just been busy doing bills and putting stuff away from our travels ... have to get ready to go to a retirement coffee at the DPW (my old work place) ... WI yesterday had me up 1 lb! Thats ok - I'll get rid of it soon. Hope all is having a great day. Now, off to start the Valentine Day Challenge ....

Love, CJ

PS: Sherry - you're too funny! I wasn't driving home - hubby was!
Old 01-04-2002, 01:32 PM   #13  
Conquering with SBD

It's good to see that everyone has done so well over Christmas. Even the gains were not very much. Way to go everyone.

Jo - Move those #$%&*%$%&# chocolates. How do you ever expect to get through today with those sitting under your nose? If you do, you have more discipline than anybody here. LOL

CJ - Just 1 pound gain over Christmas. Not a bad showing for the holiday season. I just read your Valentine's Day Challenge and know that you can take 6 pounds off by then. It's over five weeks away, so just over 1 pound per week. I'm rootin' for ya.

Judy - 1 pound lost over Christmas. That's a new beginning to a new year. Keep it up this year and you will be down to where you want to be by this time next year. We're all here to support you and make sure you stay on track. Way to go.

Sherry - Doughnuts??? How can a principal bring doughnuts into the office? Order a fruit or vegetable tray for next time. LOL.

Hope everyone is having an OP week. Have to run. Hubby is waiting to go for lunch. It's vegetable garden soup (to eat) and then off to buy a new cook top for the kitchen that isn't finished yet.

Cheers,
Old 01-05-2002, 12:22 AM   #14  
MK

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it is time to get busy. I am gooing to start riding my cardio glide AGAIN! I am starting to feel out of breath sometimes. I haven't weighed myself yet ,but I will on Monday.

We had snow here! It actually shut down everything. We only got about 6 inches
It was nice not to have to go into work. You have to understand, that here in Ga, we don't get much of the white stuff. Sure did enjoy it though.

CJ: Congrats on the awards. You do a great job!

Well, have to go do some bills so I can mail them out in the moroing. Have a great Saturday. Mary Kay
Old 01-05-2002, 07:44 AM   #15  

Good Morning Ladies:

Been on my diet now since the 2nd of January...that is only 3 days and the scale was good to me this morning! The last three days, I have been sticking to it, have been drinking 8 glasses plus of water everyday. Boy, but I tell you, I sure get up alot at night time. It's annoying, but oh well. I am on my way. Hopefully, I will stick to it. Lost 2 pounds so far.

MaryKay - I haven't started my exercising yet, but I will. I am on this role of major house cleaning all week, since I am not back in school yet. Saw all the snow on CNN down there in Atlanta. Please be careful when you are out driving MaryKay!

JO - You have done so well. Are you planning another trip to Vegas soon? My friends and I are going February 1st. We rescheduled for that date back in September when all that stuff was going on we cancelled.

JUDY - Good to see you back here. Sorry to hear about Doris. I am so proud of you Judy. You have come so far ((((JUDY)))!! I see that you figured out to get your picture up there. Maybe that I will work on it too!!

SHERRY - Sorry that you had a bad day!! Those doughnuts will always get you. I hate it when the nurses in work bring in doughnuts.....I love doughnuts.......don't I Sharon??? HAHAHA
Is your new floor being installed yet Sherry?

SHARON - Nice talking with you on the phone. I miss you Miss Sharon ((((hugs)))). I want everyone to know, that when Sharon came in for Christmas....she looks so good!!!!!! My daughters and sisters wonder why Sharon still wants to lose weight, that is how good she ooks. I am so proud of you Sharon!!!! Keep up the good work. I am glad that you had a good time with Tracy down in Florida. Hopefully soon......we will be down there to visit. Love you Sharon.

CJ - Happy belated birthday. Sorry that I missed it!! Congratulations again on your awards! Way to go CJ!

I am going to try and post more often. I miss coming here. Take care for now everyone!! Love you all.....

Chrissy
Closed Thread