Old 09-19-2007, 08:58 AM   #16  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Alhiser Hello I am 6 miles from the New Brunswick border,I have been to Lubec once and I loved it. Was you or a S/O (if you have one) in the coast guard or navy I ask because that's where there is a navy or coast guard base.
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #17  
Secret Agent

S/C/G: 222.2/221/150

Height: 5'5"

Rena- I was Navy. I was already a vet and "got out" there. Maine is a gorgeous place. My hubby is a Mainer. He is from Sullivan just outside Ellsworth. I am originally from MT and was transferred from Europe to Brunswick- met my love and loved happily ever after...

P.s. call me angie or ang

Last edited by alhiser; 09-19-2007 at 10:23 AM.
alhiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #18  

Height: 5'9"

Neat, Rena. My best friend is from Harvey Station, New Brunswick. His cousin works at the border up there.

I had a veggie burger last night at Bandera on Michigan Ave here in Chicago. I haven't the clue how many calories I had. I'm told Bandera is basically the same as Houston's in other cities. I can't find the calorie count for their veggie burger, either. They claim it's house made. Any ideas??!
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 164/158.5/113

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everyone!!

I would really like to join this group. So here's something about me:

Name (real name or name we can call you!): Farah

About you: I'm 25,married, staying home currently. I am orginally from Bangladesh. I like to read a lot and I am very hooked into "HEROES" lately. I love to cook. That's a downside in this process, I guess.

Why did you join? Found the site while searching for info for a weightloss product. And since I know nobody here is US, I thought it is a great place to know people and get the support in my weightloss process.

What is your goal? I want to lose around 50 lbs. I am quite short, so i am very much over-weight I guess. And also we have diabetes in my family, so I want to be pre-cautionary(is that a real word?)

How are you going to acheive your goal? By portion control and doing moderate exercise.

Last edited by chubby cat; 09-20-2007 at 03:23 AM.
chubby cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #20  

Are any of you near Kentucky? Although my name is "Chasdeb" I actually live in Kentucky. I grew up in Charleston, SC and moved to Kentucky when I was 42.

Debbie

Last edited by chasdeb; 09-20-2007 at 09:37 AM.
chasdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:28 AM   #21  

Height: 5'9"

I grew up in Southern, Illinois - my parents still live down there. It's very near Paducah, KY.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #22  
Takin' charge of my life!

Welcome Farah!! Hope you find lots of support here!
Andi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:17 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone, I'm new in the last week or so ... thought this thread was a good idea!

Name (real name or name we can call you!):Victoria or Vicki
About you: Born and raised in south east England, married a Texan and emigrated to the US in January 2006!
Why did you join? To find some motivation to lose the 30lbs or so I put on since moving here.
What is your goal? Ultimate goal is to get down to 140lbs. However I am also trying for a baby so I really would like to lose a few pounds and get my body into the healthiest it can be in preparation. Hopefully then after the baby arrives I will already be eating healthy so shouldn't have as much trouble losing the baby weight! LOL
How are you going to acheive your goal? Healthy eating, exercise and moderation.
Augustchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:17 AM   #24  
Secret Agent

Mornin everyone!!

Welcome Farah!! I have gotten so much support since I have been on the forums. Makes me feel like I can really do this, and these girls will hold you accountable in a sense if you let them. Life is good here on the forums and we all have each others back no matter what we look like, where we are from or what we weigh Im here for ya if you need someone to talk to!

Ang.

P.S. I saw ppl were posting there "where-from's" I am in Montana.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 200/174/140

Height: 5 foot 9

Amberlise , I don't know whether or not you are aware of calorieking.com. It's a great site that has interactive tools and basically calories for everything, including restaurants etc. My favorite tool on this site is the exercise calories. By imputing my weight, it works out the # of calories burns for a specific time of activity. I also calculated my BMI this morning...What A Reality Check! My BMI is 30...NOT GOOD. I hope this helps!
Mikeyandres2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #26  
Secret Agent

Nice to meet you Victoria! From England to texas!! holy I bet that was a change. I gained a lot of weight when I moved from Italy back to the States. I was in the Navy and weighed about 125 in IT, and once I got to the states I gained about 30 lbs. (of course got worse with time) I have often wondered why I gained, cause I ate like a cow in IT- (Bread, pasta...mmmm) I think it was the fast food. There just wasnt a lot of fast food there. I lived in Catania Siciliy- and I had to drive clear across the island to Palermo just to see a "Crappy D's" (McDonalds) There was no fast food joint on every corner. Plus if you went to a restaurant, dinner took like seriously- three hrs. It was all spread out and you didnt shovel food...Too bad it isnt like that in the States...

Ang
Old 09-20-2007, 11:29 AM   #27  
Secret Agent

Default What Method Are You Using?

NEW THREAD!!!

So what is everyones current "method" of weight loss at this time? Is it working for you? How long have you been doing it?

I have self esteem issues, and when i feel good about myself, I can drop weight like a dumbbell. Last year, I was at 215 lbs, and am now hovering at about 181. I dropped the weight because I was having a great year and felt good about myself. Thats 34 lbs. I was going to the gym and genearrly happier about myself. i limited my cheeseburger intake to only ONCE a week- which at first was tough.

So this year has not been good for me. First we almost lost our house in that damn "mortgage vortex" (you know the interest rate thing that about killed many people...) Then my husbands back went bad, money was tight, work sucked, you name it. Stress stress stress...

So I am hoping that through this forum, you ladies can give me the confidence to pull my head from my bubbly *** yet once again and get back on the train.

So to my point. I think I am going to start WW. It seems do-able and not terribly stressfull. I have a gym membership that *gasp* I will start using. I was so happy last year and I want that again...
[/SIZE]

Last edited by alhiser; 09-20-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #28  
Secret Agent

Me. Last year. I look the same. My hair is longer now though... hehe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris and his#1Fan.jpg (52.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhiser View Post
Nice to meet you Victoria! From England to texas!! holy I bet that was a change. I gained a lot of weight when I moved from Italy back to the States. I was in the Navy and weighed about 125 in IT, and once I got to the states I gained about 30 lbs. (of course got worse with time) I have often wondered why I gained, cause I ate like a cow in IT- (Bread, pasta...mmmm) I think it was the fast food. There just wasnt a lot of fast food there. I lived in Catania Siciliy- and I had to drive clear across the island to Palermo just to see a "Crappy D's" (McDonalds) There was no fast food joint on every corner. Plus if you went to a restaurant, dinner took like seriously- three hrs. It was all spread out and you didnt shovel food...Too bad it isnt like that in the States...

Ang

England to Texas was a bit of a shock to the system, but I'm enjoying it

Eating out is definately the main problem here. It's just so easy to run down to Sonic or Whataburger. Thing is though I don't really enjoy fast food!! LOL

I've been eating at home all week so far and am really enjoying all the veggies and fruit I'm eating. And less fat!!!
Augustchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 200/174/140

Height: 5 foot 9

Default Words of Wisdom

Good Afternoon To All!
I came across an interesting article today while looking for info on how much water I should be drinking daily. It was about natural weight loss, so I want to share some with all of you:

Here is what you can do to achieve a healthy weight:

1. First of all, avoid any fad diets and fast-acting solutions that guarantee incredible weight loss while you watch television and eat deserts.

2. Focus on being fit rather than being thin. Aiming to be thin often means restricted eating, over-exercising, and anxious obsessing about weight - there is nothing healthy about this mindset.

3. Eat five small meals per day. Find a small bowl the size of your two palms when they are placed next to each other - this should be the size of each meal. Eating throughout the day keeps you from becoming famished and overeating at your next meal.

4. Your last meal of the day should be no later than 7 p.m.

5. Eliminate candy, sugar, and soda from your diet. Instead of candy, chew on some fresh peppermint leaves or cinnamon sticks. Use honey sparingly as a replacement for sugar.

6. Eat more complex carbohydrates and ample quantities of fresh fruits and vegetables. Keep dairy to a minimum because most dairy products are high in saturated fat, which is not healthy for your cardiovascular system when consumed in larger amounts. Opt for the lower fat dairy products such as low-fat or non-fat milks, cheeses, and yogurt. Avoid fatty foods, processed or fried foods.

7. Drink plenty of water - at least 60 ounces a day. It is especially beneficial to drink plain hot water, as if you are drinking tea without the tea or sugar. Also, drink a tea made from boiling a lemon (with the peel).

8. Eat soup at least once a day. A low-salt nutritious soup rehydrates the body while also nourishing and flushing waste from the body. It has been found that people who eat one or more soups each day lose more weight than those who eat the same number of calories but don't eat soup. (Seek out homemade soup, because canned soups are filled with salt and chemicals.)

9. A 30-minute daily walk can do wonders for your metabolism. Try taking a walk 30 minutes in the morning or 30 minutes in the evening, two hours before bed. For toning you might replace one of the walks with some stretching activities such as tai chi or a mild form of yoga.

Advice in #2 will be my inspiration today...Hope it helps someone else as well!!
I hope this helps
Mikeyandres2 is offline   Reply With Quote