That 70s Show -- On Our Way to Losing 70-ish Pounds 9/17-23

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

Who is your biggest "cheerleader" in real life, and how does that person support you?
  • What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): Still 205...practicing "maintenance"

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): No eating past 7:30PM...5/7 days

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Ditto. It's simple that I eat a ton of empty calories if I allow myself to snack in the evening after dinner. And I mean A TON.

Who is your biggest "cheerleader" in real life, and how does that person support you? I need one. Desperately.
  • What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 200.4....so close!

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I think it was to get down to 199. Didn't happen, but at least I didn't gain any weight over vacation.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): 199 for sure, exercise 4x this week

Who is your biggest "cheerleader" in real life, and how does that person support you? DH, even though he's very lean and fit, he doesn't hold it above me and always encourages me to make healthy choices. And the nice part is, he doesn't lay in the guilt trip when I mess up, unlike my mother...

Jane, we'll be your cheerleaders!! Go Jane, go! You can do it! 2-4-6-8, who will lose all her weight? It's Jane! It's Jane!
  • Hey ladies!!! I somehow missed last week, but I'm back

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 185!

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): N/A

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Lose three pounds to make up for the ZERO I lost in week one of Sept.

Who is your biggest "cheerleader" in real life, and how does that person support you?I don't really have any...My fiancee doesn't care if I lose weight or not...Um....Yeah. Kinda sad LOL.
  • What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 213.5

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): To lose more weight -- half a pound, lol, =)

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): to eat more vegetables - I figure if I eat more good stuff, there will be less room for bad stuff.

Who is your biggest "cheerleader" in real life, and how does that person support you? hmmm, my Mom is my biggest cheerleader in real life, but she kinda bugs me when it comes to weightloss as she has lots of advice and encouragement, but doesn't apply any of it to herself.

Good to see you girls. Hooray, Hooray, here's to a Great Week!!
  • How is everyone's week going so far? It has been a rough week at work so far for me.

I made it down to 200.0 yesterday, but overslept this morning and didn't get a chance to weigh in. If I can break 199 by Friday, I'll be so happy! Soooo close!
  • I have had a baadddd week. It started Saturday...I ate 2100, then Sunday 2300, then Monday 2500!! I stayed within calorie limits yesterday, but ate crap...Scale this morning was brutal...Showing 188.2....Yikes! Hoping it's just waterweight!

Hope you ladies are better off than me LOL.
  • I hear ya, sockmonkey! We had a lunch meeting today and I was ok...had 2 Chipotle chicken soft tacos. But then we had a birthday party and that came with a big piece of black forest cake. Good thing we're having healthy soup tonight for supper... groan
  • Congrats to everyone who is losing so well!
    Any idea how long our little club has been going on now? I was curious how much everyone had lost since we started "That 70's" club.
    How many members are still here?
  • 2B, I think we started in July. I think there's about 8 of us 'regulars' give or take; I'm sure we have our busy weeks and, oh no scale weeks, lol. I don't know how much we've lost. Personally, I've been slow, but steady (read keeping at it).

Hope you girls have a better rest of the week, mine has been ok. I'm HUNGRY, cuz it's Ramadan and I'm fasting. I actually survived my personal training session today on no food. It was upper body though so not too hard. Friday is leg day -- uh-oh, but I told him so we'll see; hopefully he'll go easy on me.

Did I ever tell you all, my trainer is CUTE. So embarassing sometimes, but it's a good reality check. =)
  • Gosh I think I joined back in August or so and I've been losing and gaining the same 4 lbs. I had a very salty day yesterday and as a result, gained a lb when I stepped on the scale this morning... I won't let myself get any further away from 199! Fortunately we are a little tight on money until next payday so that means no eating out, which always helps....
  • I'm glad I'm not the only who feels like they are gaining and losing the same.
    I had another episode last night where I woke up and could not breathe. Last time I had acid reflux in my sleep and that choked me. But last night I woke up around 2am, my throat was clear, but when I was gasping for breath, even when I inhaled it's like the air wouldn't go down. Scared the crap out of me.
    I guess I should be tested for sleep apneia. Just blows my mind that there are lots of people bigger than I am and don't have problems sleeping.

ANYWAY -- moving on ------ new question here -----
    Name your favorite THREE low calorie snack foods --and I mean LOW LOW LOW Calorie
  • Hmm, what qualifies as low, low calorie? 100 calories or less?

I don't usually like sugar-free stuff, but Jello's Dulce de Leche pudding is really good. Sugar free, and about 60 calories for one snack cup. I also loooove pickles, and one pickle has about 12 calories, though a lot of sodium. But I eat them anyway. Litehouse makes these 100-calorie caramel cups; I like to slice up an apple and dip them in the caramel. Yum!
  • Anna - thanks for the snack ideas ! My vice is still soda and it's killing me.
    My husband keeps preaching if I'd would just eat the right way EVERY day I could have lost 30 pounds by now. He's so right and I get so mad at myself. That's why I'm searching for low cal snacks! Thanks again for ideas!!!!
  • I like pickles too, a lot of taste (zingy) for not a lot of calories.

what else do I like,
    *fat free popcorn (it's kinda dry, but if I'm really hungy and need to keep the cal. low..)
    *sugar free lemonade
    *yoplait yogurt (they always feel like a treat to me and they have lots of flavors)