Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #76  
Member w/ messiest house

Hello from Gloucester, VA! We are in a campground right on a river and it's hot like the middle of summer. Today we are seeking a crab shack for lunch and will drive around the Yorktown area historical stuff. Good thing the RV is air conditioned or we'd be some sweaty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman View Post
An unexpected NSV from WW is that I had a divine piece of cake at my ladies' group last night with NO GUILT. I've been conscientious about writing down all my food, quantities, points, etc. etc. and I had "enough" to have a decent sized piece! No guilt meant no binge late at night
good plan, Painty! what's nsv?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
I have a moral question...Was the intention enough?
I don't know the answer to that. It seems that almost everyone in this country thinks that it is okay to entrap people into a crime and then arrest them as if they really did it, especially sex crimes. People are so freaked out about pedophiles that they are willing to tar huge groups of people with the same brush as the real monsters who have committed heinous crimes. I think it's wrong. Sure, you would like prevent any child-related crime, but you can't do that in a society that respects the rule of law, you can only hope to discourage it. Suppose we decided to widen the field to child abuse, who wouldn't want to prevent child abuse, right? If they could figure out a way to entrap someone who "thought" of hitting a child, can you imagine? Many's the imagined crime I've not committed. Actually I don't think anything like that would ever happen, because I don't think it's real justice people are after, or even crime prevention, I think it's the titillation factor that fuels it. Horrible to say, right? I think it's true. Think about how rabid homophobes act. Logically if you hated homosexuality, you would try to stay as far away from it as possible, right? Not the case though, homophobes are often all over the issue like they are obsessed with it at the same time they are afraid of it.
Quote:
In other news, I'm on page 6 and have a new hobby of eating Twizzlers...they have no flavor so you don't get tired of them.
on the writing!
Quote:
You know how old toilets have a rusty chain in the tank that pulls up the stopper? Well, my new toilet has a plastic thing connecting the two parts and actually, I guess, it's part of the stopper. It broke.
I think you can replace the whole part at the hardware store. Take the broken piece in with you, along with the stopper if you can. The nice men at the store can tell you how to put it back in too! (I love hardware stores)

My darlingD went home this weekend (as predicted) and hadn't even set foot in the house until last night -- stayed at the bf's house. Those two don't seem to get the "whole house to ourselves" concept. They both have a 4 day weekend for some reason. Columbus Day, plus dd's professors cancelled most of the classes on Tuesday. Go figure.

Later cowsies
Kiwi
Old 10-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #77  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhh my goodness,i am sooooo tired!!!thankfully it all went well,and everyone is back in their rightful places---the house still need alot of cleaning,but the wedding was beautiful---it was actually outdoors at a new venue overlooking a ferry landing---http://www.town.grandbay-westfield.nb.ca/river_center/interior.html

the granny b-day party went well,although i was up til 2 am doing dishes cause i had to be at the Aids Clinic to help PAINT the gathering room on sunday {and eight on saturday too,if the truth be known!!}---yesterday's dinner was also a success but HELLO,having all these events in one weekend was staggering!!!----i cannot imagine how those important people with the packed schedules can stand their lives----i loooooooooooove having NOTHING TO DO!!---your trip kiwonk sounds so wondeful--just travelling around,eating,visiting,ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sounds divine-----------i should go for a walk now to help me with my sleeping---i was up four times last night----and to top it all off---our poor 14 year old kitty Ashes is not eating and barely drinking anything and looks to be on her way out.blah.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #78  
fatter than U

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, Bagzie! I haven't been keeping up, was the wedding separat from the dinner with 50 people? We had dinner for four and that was enough work for me.

Still feeling very, very weird and have spent the past few days playing Name the Body Part that DOESN'T hurt. Will try to pull myself together enough to post tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #79  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Cowpernia

First the mans INTENT is more than enough. It isn't like he changed his mind. This is a sicko and needs to be put away forever. Doesn't matter if it is a set up that got him caught. Lots of sick people out there will allow that kind of stuff to be done with their children. You can't be set up for something you won't do. Could have just as easily been one of those kids instead of a set up.

Second, the toilet. Go to home depot or one of those places. Take the broken part. They will give you what you need to replace it. Not hard at all.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:58 AM   #80  
loves kleenex box art

I know Bagz doesn't like it when I do this but I feel like singing.

RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD
JUST BECAUSE MY FEET ARE TOO BIG FOR MY HEAD
NOTHING SEEMS TO FIT
OH I NEVER STOPPED A RAIN BY COMPLAINING
BLAH BLAH BLAH
NOTHING"S WORRYING MEEEEE EE EE EE

I'm on page 12. I need 120 pages. I don't have that much material so will have to invent more.

So nice that Bagz and ex and everybody gets along. Not me. I am not nice.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:37 PM   #81  
fatter than U

Red face

Peachy - I have (figuratively) lost the thread and have the attention span of a gnat. Page 12 of what?? A novel? A biography? A bovine self-help book?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #82  
loves kleenex box art

NO, Darling Lard Blossom, I am writing a screen play. Remember years ago when I wrote a few short stories? There was one I held back and didn't submit anywhere. I really liked the characters and didn't want to let go of it. I'm making it into a screenplay. It's fun but boy, these things are long. You have to READ other ones that it takes forever.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:41 AM   #83  
fatter than U

Thumbs up next stop Hollywood

Quote:
NO, Darling Lard Blossom, I am writing a screen play.
Ooooh YES, a screenplay! That's wonderful. You'll be famous. I do remember your short stories and I loved them.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 AM   #84  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Remember years ago when I wrote a few short stories?
I thought that was just last month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
First the mans INTENT is more than enough.
Bullsh*t. If we're going to throw everybody in prison who considers committing a crime, this is nothing more than a police state. Making a date with a police officer is not a crime. That is why entrapment is a great big gray area, not the tie-up-in-a-bow solution most people seem to think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
Still feeling very, very weird and have spent the past few days playing Name the Body Part that DOESN'T hurt. Will try to pull myself together enough to post tomorrow.
Hope so -- feel better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
-our poor 14 year old kitty Ashes is not eating and barely drinking anything and looks to be on her way out.blah.
Oh, I'm so sorry, poor kitty!

We have arrived at my sister's house and parked the RV in the driveway, rolled out the awning, and were considering putting out lawn chairs and the bbq and hanging some laundry, when my sis came home. Finally, the temps have cooled down some. 94 degrees in October, even in Va. and NC -- just t'ain't normal.

Must attempt to go to bed. We're accompanying my mom to the fitness pool session tomorrow. Apparently Thursday is Pilates in the pool day. Cool, huh? Hope I can keep up with seniors.

Kiwi
Old 10-11-2007, 02:54 AM   #85  
fatter than U

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
We have arrived at my sister's house and parked the RV in the driveway, rolled out the awning, and were considering putting out lawn chairs and the bbq and hanging some laundry, when my sis came home.
Kiwi
Will send U some fake grass and pink flamingos to complete the look. Sis will be thrilled.

I can't believe it's been so warm in the east. On our news they keep saying it's 32°C in New York while it's only 10°C here. No fair. Even though it's the middle of October.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:56 AM   #86  
loves kleenex box art

Bravo on the police state comment, Kiwi!

I hope Ashes is better. I didn't remember her name but I remember her. She used to sit at the door to the basement and wait to let down there. Bagz claimed that was where the cat box was but I think that was catnip at the very least.

I remember having an instant conversation with Bagzdd2 when she was home alone on Bagz's anniversary. The dd was afraid to be alone and wanted the kitty to keep her company but kitty was downstairs and wouldn't come up. I offered to wait by the puter while she ran down and fetched kitty. That worked. Bagz had German food for anniversary.

My ds is deciding to go to school one more year. He got he AA while in high school and had two years to the the BS at UF. Turns out UF is harder than other schools he's attended and he's spending time studying one for class and not attending others. So he's planning to drop one math class, and take the two semesters next year to complete two minors. I'm glad he's figuring out what works for him but I'm disappointed, too. I can't support him and wanted him successfully moving on in life.

Oh well
Old 10-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #87  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there! Just popping in to see if anyone has heard from Schatzi. She used to be in South Beach a lot but hasn't been spotted for ages. Anybody know? I've tried emails and PMs but no reply and am getting pretty worried.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:08 AM   #88  
fatter than U

Default Where's Schatzi?

Hi Ruthxxx,

I think we've all been wondering the same thing. Haven't heard a peep from her since I don't know when.

Schatz - appear!!

Last edited by SugP; 10-11-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #89  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I have her phone number and may give her a call. I hope all is well and that she's just really busy with the new job. Strange because she hasn't posted since August 1 although she did log on towards the end of that month. If I have any luck, I'll post a report for y'all.

Edited to add: Just called and got voicemail. Left message to email me.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #90  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

how sweet of you Ruth---let us know for sure--i think i got a joke email from her about two weeks ago---she often sends on little videos and the like----well,i wonder how our darling wabby is doing---WABBY---say something!!!===let us know if you moved or not----are you still at the same mailing address???? what if someone needs to start buying chickenbones and has nowhere to send them---the Christmas candy is coming out soon and i am VOWING to send things ON TIME this year---FIRST TIME EVER----NEVER TOO LATE TO TURN OVER A NEW LEAF----on that note i was offended by a radio announcer today---he said that all people fifty and older could come to a SENIOURS meeting----seniours !!! I REFUSE TO BE CALLED ONE,NO MATTER HOW MUCH HAIR DYE IT MAY TAKE-------------i have to say kiwonkers---you are having way too much fun---get back home here make supper!!!!
Closed Thread