Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #31  
Member w/ messiest house

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...53&postcount=1
This made me LOL.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #32  
loves kleenex box art

I am exhausted. I called the school and they wanted to tell me in person that the principal "decided to go another direction."

I have an interview for the other thing on Monday. What should I do??? I am no good at interviewing no more.

DS is on his way home with lcp. I have suggested over and over that he not come as Tropical Storm Jerry is visiting but he does not listen to me.

Today's weird customer had a bunch of stuff and it was to go to various people and she was frantic and nutsy. She had picked up some free samples, taken them out of their containers and put them on the conveyor belt. Then she removed them from the belt, took them to an empty register, bagged them and put them in her cart while I was scanning her order. My boss questioned her about putting things in her cart that had not been scanned. She said she was just helping. Then she went home and called HIS BOSS to complain about him. Did you know bosses could be complained about? I didn't I think.

Interview. What do I do????????????????????????????????????????
Old 09-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #33  

Hi cowsies. I'm back home from my trip to Phoenix. I have to admit it didn't help. Wrong lifestyle for me. My sil talks alot about hair, makeup and clothes. I did manage to talk her into an overnight trip to the Grand Canyon. It's deep and wide. Kind of like me. Hee.

Bagzie, dearie, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Way to soon to be taken from her family.

I'll resume my watch of the herd now.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #34  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi Wabbity, glad you got away for a bit anyway. I am very impressed to know that you are like the Grand Canyon.

Peachie, what in heck is wrong with these people? I think it is good that they want to tell you personally whether you got the job as opposed to letting you guess, but wouldn't a simple phone call be sufficient? Why waste everyone's time with a face to face meeting if they are not going to offer you something else? Who has that kind of time?

Jeez, I don't have any good advice about your interview. What else can you do but try to keep your spirits up, be positive and hopeful, if only for the duration of the interview? Good luck!!

(Long annoying rant about the pitfalls of parenting)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Very erratic, these college kids. Peaches, you must be very close to where I am with DD. She was such a joy as a teenager, for a long time I just held my breath wondering when she was going to combust into a "problem", and she never did. Turns out she was just waiting for college. See if this sounds familiar:

All week when we talked to DD, we asked if she knew whether she was coming home Thurs. or Friday, not that it mattered, but we were planning this bbq last night for the BF's family. She could never give us an answer. Might be Thursday, might be Friday. Thurs I called the BF's dad and invited them for last night. He seemed surprised and a little funny about when the kids would be home. He did say that BF had left to pick up DD in Boston. So when I talked to her and she hemmed and hawed again and thought she'd be home Friday, it would be awfully late to get home Thursday night, I figured they were staying at his dorm (which is part-way home). No big deal, I'd see her Friday afternoon.

So she calls at noon Friday, they are at the grocery store getting stuff to make a dessert, and would be home later. I call her later to ask her something and she's at the BF's house, they're making part of the dessert, will be home soon. I'm thinking "might be nice if you came and said hello to your parents when you arrive in town" but I didn't say anything. You see where this is going, don't you? They finally arrive at 4 PM, we all do lots of prepping and cooking, his family comes over, we have a great bbq, we hang out for a while in the evening watching an old video of the kids performing at the high school, the family goes home, BF hangs around for a while with DD and leaves around 11:30 PM.

So I finally get to talk to my daughter. I say "you sure got an early start this morning", thinking it takes 3-4 hours to get here from BF's school and they were in town at noon. She just sort of smiles. Finally I get the picture -- "you got home last night and spent the night at his house!" Well, fine, it seems rather unnecessary as it's only a 5 minute drive to drop her off home instead, but the whole elaborate deception! Involving his whole family too. I could barely speak. DH came in at this point and we ended up having a very heated discussion for over an hour about lying to us and the whole bit.

Sheesh, I have joked in the past with my sister about coming to visit her and not telling our parents that we're there, but I would never do it! Isn't this rotten? Of course, when I think back to my college days, it doesn't sound so off base. But I really expected better out of her. I could barely sleep last night; couldn't get this out of my head.

So, apparently these are the tough years for us. Whoopee. I need drugs.

Kiwi
Old 09-23-2007, 08:07 AM   #35  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

kiwi--you are correct----the 'children' who are not children anymore can irritate you just as if they WERE children---however the difficulty is in 'laying down the law'-----it begins to look ridiculous at a certain age,but the desire or need to impart this information remains!!!!!---they all shock us with their self interest and involvement but in the end we can throw ourselves back and remember alot of the same actions----OF COURSE we regard ourselves as better than our own parents and worthy of better treatment,but at the end of the day we are still the 'establishment' and bucking us {or use another consonant if you like} is still in their repertoire!!!!----now,does anything i just wrote make sense??? probably not---but rest assured all of the parents of young adults have experienced the same hurt---myself included----just last week i found out that my dd21 who i thought i was very close to,had been hiding a tatoo from me for over a year---and her sister has one that i reacted quite reasonably to-----i was hurt and insulted but didn't bother telling her----just said i didn't know what she was so worried about----i just realized that her image of me doesn't match my image of myself!!! ANYway---blah blah blah----------------- we sang at the funeral and it went very well----if you don't concentrate on your friend being a widower and his 11 and 12 year old sons not having a mother--- i want to also say a special hello to wabby---it is comforting to know you are monitoring the herd---you are like a giant plush cow enveloping us in your love!!!! {now that is an image i am sure you thrill to!!|}-----peachbat-----i am thinking that i will adopt your preacher's advice--i am going to have to excercise soon cause i get so down and crabby and mired in negative thoughts-----can you still get over to the duckhudda pond??? hhs hhs hhssssssssssssssssssss---see you soon cowpies!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #36  
loves kleenex box art

My gosh Kiwi. When DS does things of that ilk, I just tell him he hurt my feelings and let him feel guilty. Yes, I identify well. He came home this weekend with lcp. I had imagined that they would be home Friday so about 4 a.m. Saturday, I called to make sure he was ok. He was asleep and planning on coming Saturday. I am still trying to get hi to pay his car insurance. He pays the cell phone bill, all of it, but it's idea we have cingular. I'd have a phone like Kiwi otherwise.

I understand VERY WELL about not ever doing anything to deserve a certain response yet getting it. Remember when DS got his finger stuck in the cooler and didn't tell me? He told me he hurt it but so I assumed it needed a bandaid but he was embarrassed so he didn't tel me. I told him I had never laughed at him so why did he think he couldn't tell me? No answer.

Hi darling Wabby. Hair: my needs dying. Makeup: I'm wondering if I'm too old for it. Clothes: Don't like the size.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #37  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

wabby --speaking of women who are overly concerned about hair,clothes and makeup i met alot of women these past few days at the funeral and even though they were as OLD as i am they all REGULARLY are getting or thinking of getting their wing wongs waxed!!! i was SHOCKED!!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:22 PM   #38  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh lordy, I don't even want to think about getting a wingwongwaxing, thank you. ~shudder~ I mean, not only do I not really relish the concept in the first place, how would you bring yourself to employ someone to, um, hang around there aaaghghghghghghghghgh NO THANK YOU!

Clearly I am an old prude, right? I didn't used to be!

Yep it's a thorny road with the grownup kids, all right. I know just how you feel, Bagz. I think the hardest part is knowing that all this is pretty normal and I'm just going to have to get used to the changes. Peaches, would you believe, DD tried to excuse her deception by saying she didn't want to hurt our feelings? I found myself telling her that I understood that she is going through changes, that this is a transition in her life -- which just amounts to my doing exactly what I hated when my mother did it all through my teenaged years: "It's just a stage you're going through". Made me want to strangle her. Glad to know I'm carrying on the tradition...

Have any of you heard of AirTran airlines? They have the most flights out of Charlotte, which is where I think I will be getting off the RV, and returning home from, and I don't know anything about them. Someone help!!!

Kiwi
Old 09-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #39  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

http://www.epinions.com/content_121884282500

try this kiwonk
Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 PM   #40  
fatter than U

Red face

Mooooo! Where have I BEEN? Beats me. Feeling kind of carpy and very blaaaahhhhh.

Will comment on teenage turmoil and generalized existential angst tomorrow when I am lucid. Must go to bed now. But actually why bother? I'm as tired after 8 hours of sleep as I am after 5. Pftttt!

Love yous all!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:35 AM   #41  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

haaaaaaaaaaa sugar!!! good to see you--now get back here and rant----GUESS WHAT---I LOVE LARD TOO!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 02:18 PM   #42  
Member w/ messiest house

Geez, I don't think I've had lard since I was a kid. Well, except on my ***!

I'm so p-o'ed. Yesterday I had these great (cheap) flights I could book for my trip back from NC, but I needed to talk to DD about plans to see her on the way. I finally got to talk to her today, went to book a flight, and all the prices have gone up $50 or $100!!! ******* it! In ONE day! I've been looking at these same prices all week, and in one day, they almost double. I am

Wow, I was looking in my cookbooks and recipes for a recipe for peanut butter frosting and strangely, cannot find one. Guess I have to look online, unless one of you have one that you know is good?

Hope you're feeling less carpy today, Sug.

We're back to summer again around here -- it's in the 80s. Weird

Kiwi
Old 09-27-2007, 10:39 PM   #43  

I WAS depressed and now am not... so much. This DH (#2) is so fun to travel with I wasn't ready to come home even after 2 weeks in hotel rooms. Kinda cramped, you know? Loved all the new and old parts of New England we saw. Only made it as far north as Brunswick, Me and Burlington Vt, but will try harder next time.

We liked Portland, Me and Rockport, Ma and Hanover and Middlebury Vt very much. Although DH is enamored of NH... all that rock-hard granite!!

I've joined WW. Hm. I'm going to try to get back to you guys, because your kindness (which is beyond measure) will definitely be needed as I face the shame of my lard inspired girth. (Sug, thanks for the image!!)

Kiwi- I appreciate your Cancer Cure walk, too! And if it can't be waxed with Pride (or Pledge), fuggedabout it!!
Bagz- sorry to hear bout your friend. And was delighted to hear of the Pink Shirt Solidarity brigade.
Peaches- hope that the lcp and work drama settles down. I think the cabbage salad suggestion might rev things UP again!

Wabbs- It is strange to find yourself with people you thought you knew who all of a sudden just aren't interesting, no? May I borrow your Grand Canyon line? I'm thinking of Old and Magnificent. Maybe "deep" thrown in. The Wide is evident. (we have a refrigerator magnet that says Life is Short but Wide.)

My daughter has used ATA and Air Trans... she wasn't thrilled. You get what you pay for was her conclusion.....
Old 09-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #44  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Bruce Is On The Today Show Today---i Am Sooooooooooooo Happy!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #45  
loves kleenex box art

I am so p-o-ed off. I've walking every morning and it helps with depression. I go out of the house .8 miles down to the highway and back. I walk on the road when there's no traffic and in the grass or in the gully when there is. It's not ideal but the alternative is driving 20 minutes to Lake Hudda and that's an expense in gas. So today, I went out and there in front of my house, on the other side of the street, was a man with a little bag. He was walking and hitchhiking and looking at stuff. Creeped me totally out and I'm afraid to ever walk here again lest he jump out of the woods.

Painty, I don't have work drama. I have non-work drama and it isn't actually so dramatic.
Closed Thread