Old 12-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies! I hope everyone had a good Christmas and Santa was good to you!
I don't know if I told you that I've been watching craigslist for an elliptical--- Well, I found a Gazelle on there the first of December that the lady said was just like new and she wanted $100 for it. I sent her an email I think it was last week and asked if she still had it. She said she did but they were leaving and wouldn't be back until the 28th. So I figured that I would keep watching and if nothing came along better than I would call her this Friday and offer her $50 for it. I got all my "horse trading mentality" from my Daddy! Anyway, I got on craigslist this morning and they had a Proform elliptical for $25 ! I sent an email and asked if they still had it and where would I see it. They replied and then said they had to go to a birthday party this afternoon and wouldn't be home until about 3:00. He said that there was something wrong with adjusting the resistance and the console didn't light up but thought it would just need new batteries. So I told them that I would just buy it and we would be at their house at 3:00. We got down there and looked at it and tried it out. I asked if he would take $20 for it and he agreed! So I now have it here at home. I was pretty excited about it. We tried new batteries and that didn't help the console display but Tim hasn't got into it anymore tonight. And right now I sure don't need to change the resistance because I was on it for about 5 minutes and was just about worn out! He told us he thought that the resistance level right now was set at the lowest. It is a Proform 485E which is an older model but the price was definitely right!! I went ahead and got the internet and downloaded an owners manual for it so maybe we can get it figured out and fix those two things that are wrong with it. If not-- it was still worth the $20! I guess you can tell that I'm pretty happy about it!
Well, it is getting late but wanted to pop in and say Hello. I will try to get caught up with everyone tomorrow! Have a good day!

Last edited by Karen31; 12-27-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:54 PM   #137  

Height: 5"10"

Hey Ladies,

Happy Hollidays to everyone! I hope you are all ok. I have been busy busy busy busy and did I mention busy? I have not forgotten about everyone just too busy to blink.

Glad that things are wrapping up for the year, we have had a really crappy one! Out house burns down in this past Feb. we built the new one Tom has a heart attack, Cant get the house mortgaged, our perfect credit now ruined, the list goes on and on. I wish everyone a wonderful new year and keep up the hard work ladies. Take care !

Sugar C.
sugarcookie53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:44 PM   #138  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

Hey ladies!

Hope you all had a wonderfu holiday season, I sure did. LUke has been home and he looks just wonderful. He is totaly a buffy stud now. *sigh*

I have entered my competitive spirit and by the end of the year I am going to be able to run as long if not longer than him. We are going to work towards running a marathon by the time his first 4 years are up.

I of course have gained most of the weight back since he has been home, but I have not gotten bigger, so since I have been so busy I figured i have put on some muscle. I am still down more than 4 inches on my waist.

This is going to be a very busy year for me. I am homeschooling my daughter, moving the entire house, going back to school, training for the marathon, and let's not forget writing.

I will check in, in another week with an update. Have a great week ladies!
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #139  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

I have dropped another 3 pounds!!!!!

I am feeling great, got past that first ten pounds and my 'really' fat jeans are to big or me again, and my fat jeans are getting loose on me. YEAH!

Luke is back at the base and he found out yesterday that they might excelerate his program so he graduates the 5th of February instead of the 19th. That would be so cool!

Have a fab day folks!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:55 AM   #140  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

Where are all the Missouri ladies?

I lost 3 pounds this week!

This week I am going to exercise for 15 minutes 5 times and walk 20 minutes 5 times.

If I need a snack, I am going to find something healthier than chocolate.

Come on ladies, where are you?
Old 01-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #141  

Hi Kati--- I'm still here! I ended up putting 9 pounds back on throgh all the holidays so I had to adjust my ticker but I'm planning to get rid of those 9 and 31 more real soon! I bought a Gazelle and I'm going to workout on that too.
Still trying to get the house sold. We have some people interested in it but they need to sell theirs first. They were supposed to have some kind of a meeting with their realtor this past week so maybe something good will happen here soon.
Congrats on your 3 pounds lost!! That is great!
I'm sure I will be able to post some loss next Friday when I weigh in again.

Take care and Hae a good day!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #142  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hi guys, I want to join in with you all if thats ok I am from around Qulin Mo, let me know if there is room on the team....I cant wait to get to know you all,
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 368/311/150

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Hi there Missouri Ladies! I am from Springfield and just joined this evening. Glad to see that there is another new person interested in your group. I would also like to join you to receive and give encouragment. I have been heavy since my teens, and gained a lot of weight after marrying. This past year, I simply got tired of feeling like I was 90yrs old, instead of 39yrs old. With a lot of prayer and support from my husband and family I have been able to take off about 57lbs.so far, most since October 1. I have alot more to go, and stuggled with putting on several pounds over the holidays. But on Jan 2nd, my husband and I got started again. I am ready to live my life to the fullest potential. I would appreciate help and accountibility. Thanks for starting a group like this. Andrea
onmywayAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:09 PM   #144  

Welcome Christie! Of course there is always room for more! Still trying to get our house sold in Colorado so that I can get moved back to MO. (around the Joplin area) and be close to my family. I'm hoping that now that the holidays are over that things start to pick up again around here.
I look forward to getting to know you so come back and post often!!
Have a great night!
Old 01-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #145  

Andrea!! WOW!! This is great to have some more people joining us!! Congratulations on your weight loss so far! That is awesome!! How have you been able to do that? Would love to know.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #146  
Losing on the Beach

Thanks for the welcome Karen
I will be sure to come on here as much as possible, I am a 33 yr old housewife and a proud mother of 2 girls, one is 14 and the other is 11 going on 12 this April, I am getting ready to start the Body for Life program for the second challenge the 14th of this month with my hubby and will need all the support I can get to make it through the 12 weeks, I look forward to getting to know each of you and cant wait to share our success

Andrea- WOW 57 pounds??? How did you do it?? I know prayer has got me to the point I am at too, To God be the glory, cant wait to get to know you as well
Old 01-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Hey,ladies! I live about an hour away from Jefferson City in a very small town. I'm looking forward to talking to all of you!
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:04 AM   #148  
Losing on the Beach

Default Welcome Cardfan :D

Glad to have you onboard

Tell us about yourself...cant wait to get to know you, Christie
Old 01-24-2008, 12:34 AM   #149  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

Hiya ladies! Forgot to post this past week. I was real sick and just stopped doing anything but triny to breath. No weight gain, and no loss either. Welcome to the new members and git back to werk, to the crowd. YAY!
Old 01-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Hey,everyone! Hope you're all having a good Saturday and staying on track!
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote