Old 09-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #76  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I HATE THIS MALL!! IT'S IN A TOWN THAT IS FILLED WITH UNEMPLOYMENT AND WELFARE. I HAVE BEEN ON BOTH BUT NEVER TREATED ANYONE RUDELY BECAUSE OF IT. GEEZ. THEY STAND IN YOUR WAY AND WON'T MOVE UNLESS YOU ASK. IT's "THE MAN BEATS WIFE, WIFE BEATS KID, KED BEATS DOG" SYNDROME..... AND I AM THE DOG.. AND THIS MALL JUST CRAWLS WITH THEM BUT I WANTED TO LOOK AT AIR CLEANERS! HAD A CHANCE TO LEAVE EARLY AND TOOK IT. THERE ARE THUNDERSTORMS HEADED OUR WAY AND THE HUMIDITY IS THE PITS. ANYWAY....NOTHING WAS ON SALE AND NO IONIZERS TO SPEAK OF THAT I LIKED ANYWAY. BUT THEN I WASN'T IN THE BEST OF MOODS ANYWAY FOR BROWSING!
SO I AM HOME AND WALLET IS INTACT!

SHAD~ HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON AND WISH PEOPLE WOULD KEEP THEIR GERMS TO THEMSELVES!! I'LL BLOW THE BED UP JIC. HOPE THE GROUP WORKS WELL TOGETHER AND JUST GETS THE JOB DONE!!!!

HOLLY IS BUSY RUNNING HITHER AND YON!

MEADOW~ THE CAT IS TOO CUTE AND I LIKE THE SIGGIE TOO. I AM AT PRESENT TRYING NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THE "HOWS" EITHER I CAN IMAGINE WHAT IT MUST TAKE TO KEEP ONE STEP(OR SEVERAL) AHEAD OF KIDS TODAY!! THEY GROW UP SO QUICKLY NOW!!

TO ALL THE CHICKS OF THE WORLD WHO MUST BE OFF SINGING THEIR WAY THRU THE STREETS OF SPAIN

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-10-2007 at 12:57 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #77  

(((Mel))) that stinks.

Be still my heart -Kalan Porter Last week on Idol and Jon Bon Jovi this week. happy sigh.

1 hour, 5 min til Idol.

A good day today. got lots done at the shop- for the shop and for Avon. Both kids have homework. :P

Need to clean the kitchen and watch Idol. Oh, and get a library book.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #78  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
jeez, quiet lot over night, we must all be busy with life.

My headache appears to have disappeared, likewise the acute pain in the right sinus, but the throat remains sore and tickly and I have a cough. Wouldn't ya know it. Still, this too will pass and I did manage to get through the entire Jillian Michaels dvd this morning. Yayyyy for me. I ate well yesterday and drunk the water like it was going out of fashion, but was up 3 or 4 times in the night to get rid of it all again. Sorry if there was TMI there.

Weather is quite nice out there but it is not supposed to last and we should have more rain and wind later in the day. Probably just in time for us to go home. Usually the way.

Happy - I meant to mention. I was in the lift the other day and there was a girl in the with a black tee shirt and Elvis Presley written in silver on the front. So I made a comment on it. She said that someone had bought it in Memphis and given it to her. So I told her about our trip to Graceland. She was hanging off every word. I didn't dare diss the decor. She tells me she is saving up to go asap. I told her to come see me in the office and I would show her some pictures of the estate and mentioned the tacky souvenir shop but she was drooling by that time.

Holly - sounds like a typical working household. I can remember that blur of places to go, times to be somewhere and then somewhere else. It seems like it lasts forever at the time, but believe me it doesn't and then you wonder what to do with yourself.

Work has gone from the extraordinarily busy to extra-extraordinarily busy and 10 - 12 hour days are common as are Saturday or Sunday. It would be nice to be able to work from home but as I don't have the necessary equipment and I'm told it will take 2 months for a phone line to become available, working from home is not going to happen.

So having said that, I had better go sort out my arguments for the troops. Tell them what day it is and please start picking up the pace. Then I have to go sort out the team leads meeting and let them know what is what there.

Geez I hate middle management!!!

Mel - I didn't see you there, guess I forgot to turn the page. Rotten life in the big apple eh? Well it is everywhere, although I do have to admit that I thought the trip to Statue of Liberty was full of just rude people. (No I'm not talking about Jen and Rich - they are alright guys). The headset people, the people in the gift shop, the people in the cafe thingy - not a smile among them, no thank you, just the ubiquitous have a nice day - not looking at you, and not listening to you. Who cares - not them certainly. Chinatown in SF was similar (50c) to take a photo of the people in the fortune cookie store!!!! - I think they are just all touristed out!!!! I do wish you could move out to the country because I'm sure you would find life easier (but probably more boring) there.

Last edited by Shad; 09-10-2007 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Because I can
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #79  
Smackin' into a Wall

Ok, no 70s music for me, so I bring you all a bit of Gypsy Kings instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNg8Fj1YY5g

Ah Spain! Ole!

I had a good weekend and I am down 3 lb for the week at 180. I did see 179 yesterday but this morning is the number that counts. Went back to the lab to have more blood drawn. It took 2 tries but they did manage to get a vial out of my tiny veins. I asked the nice lab lady what they were testing for and she said it was an enzyme test. Hmmm. Not sure what that means but I'll know soon enough. Not much else happening here except I've been coopted into a really stupid project at work. Oh well - this too will pass.

Shad~ Glad you headache is fading away. Darn germs. I always find drinking lots of water does seem to help flush stuff out. Maybe a bit TMI.

Holly~ Happy watching! Heck I used to sing a lot of those 70s songs.

Mel~ I’m sorry that you got entangled with the general rudeness of the world. People are really highly overrated sometimes. I think there is a difference though between people who are uncommunicative because they live in tight quarters (like a big city) and people who just have no thoughts for anyone else. It’s lack of empathy, I think! And on that note my favourite quote from yoru list was “A person, who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.” It is completely true.

Meadow~ Extremely cute cat in your sig. Oh, man, Dr Hook! There must be something in the air on this thread!

Happy~ Don’t be too hard on yourself somedays you need to fritter a day away. Maybe what you need to do rather than eating the same thing for breakfast and lunch each day is to pick out 4 possible breakfasts and 4 possible lunches and then just pick one of those four to have. That way you are planning your food but not getting bored having the same thing all the time. I tend to have the same breakfast every day (more or less) but I almost always have different lunches. Enjoy your cooler weather and some moisture. I think we all need it.

Ceejay~ Good for you for adjusting to meet changing requirements. Keep with it and those pounds will be gone again in no time.

Ok, I have to go off and do some stuff. Everyone have a great night and I’ll talk to you later!

Last edited by Madcat; 09-10-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:37 AM   #80  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking in to keep my worldly status. Not much to say at the moment - worried about Lucy, of course, (vet tomorrow) and getting caught up in too damned much community stuff... Opening Doors at the Church Saturday and the International Ploughing Match all next week. Oy!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:47 AM   #81  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Having a bit of a problem getting the site to respond so I have burned about 10 minutes "waiting" and now don't have much time to post.

It's dark and gloomy. We're getting some much needed rain right now. Gray days sure make the pillow and bed more comfy, don't they? Walked out on the porch to toss out some recyclables in the bin and it was actually refreshing outside. The hummingbirds are going to town stoking up for their upcoming journey south. They are emptying feeders within 24 hours. That's alotta sugar! I just bought a 10 pound bag and which will probably only last into next week. Mr. Feral cat survived the 3 days we were gone on the tub of dry cat food I left out but he's sure making up for it now that we're home. He's coming around 3 to 4 times a day to eat. Does he have a tapeworm? Or is he just bulking up for the oncoming winter? Between sugar for the hummers, cat food for 2 cats, seed for the birds - it's like having 2 more people on the grocery bill! Yesterday was a brutal day at work. I'd like to know why others can't be responsible for themselves, yet they can be slackers and but the pressure on us to tidy up their messes **hands on hips, harumph!***

Madcat - congrats on being 3 pounds down! keep up the good work. Hope that the blood tests come out ok. Was going to suggest that you drink lots of water before your blood test but it seems like you're doing it already. I have tiny veins too (the only tiny thing on me besides skinny hair ) so I consider the mark of a good phlebotomist (sp ??) one who can stab me, get what she needs before I even think enough to say ouch

Shad, I hope you are feeling better. Always a bummer having a cold. I'm proud of you for working out. That's a really funny story about the Elvis girl. Imagine the thrill you've been bringing people - here she was happy in her T-shirt and she runs into you and sees real PICTURES. And let's not forget Miss "HowYouWancherAigs". Don't work too hard!

Bon Jovi and Kalan in the same week! Holly's in Heaven - whistling her way through her chores.

Mel - sorry you met the rude people at the mall. Perhaps it was meant to be to protect your money. Kind of hard though when you can't pick and chose where you'd like to go but have to settle for who can get you where. Sounds like the mall closest to me - I just don't go there anymore. Hope you have better days ahead.

Hello Meadow-are you discoing through the house? There's worse things you know - I always said that music was good for getting one full of energy

Mel and Carla - thanks for all those witty sayings. I have several favorites!

Hate to cut this short but DH was just talking to me about something and now that I look at the clock it's time to run out of here so off I go. Happy Tuesday!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The weather is gorgeous. It was 66 degrees this morning. Tomorrow prediction is 57. My body says thanks.

Food yesterday went as planned. Exercise was walking a mile using the pedometer. I can do this. I have to do this to be healthy. My starting weight for Monday was 186 after the binge eating but this morning I’m down to 184.4. I’m going to try to incorporate some of the foods that I have a tendency to binge on duriing the week ends during the week. I’m hoping that this will eliminate those binge eating week ends. We'll see.

Madcat--WTG, those 3 pounds lost. on a job well done.

Happy--I finally broke down and bought a subcription to 3fc. I don't have those long waits any more.

Holly--You sure do keep busy. Take some time for yourself.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #83  

Having a good in office/housework day and will every Tues for 9-3. Getting it all figured out. Seems much less impossible. Loving how much hubby is stepping up. Lightens my load( and my heart) considerably.

A little Kalan for this aft!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPA4w8VE9VA

Congrats Mrs Mad!!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #84  
Happy September

SHAD~ YES THE COUNTRY WOULD BE A FREAT RELIEF BUT PROBABLY BRING ON OTHER PROBLEMS:riofl: GLAD THE HEAD FEELS BETTER AND HOPE THE TROAT STUFF WON'T LAST LONG EITHER. IS IT SUMMER THERE YET????

HOLLY~ THANS....SENDING ((((HUGS)))) BACK TOO AND HOPE IDOL WAS GOOD!

MADCAT~WOO HOO! CONGRATS ON THE LOSS! YOU'RE OFF TO A GREAT SEPTEMBER START! GOOD FOR YOU. YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT THE RUDENESS AND THE QUOTE! BIG CITY LIFE IS NOT ALL IT'S CRACKED UP TO BE...EVEN THE WAITERS

RUTH~ MAYBE KEEPING BUSY WILL BE A GOD SEND FOR NOW. GOOD LUCK WITH THE VETS!!

HAPPY~ I REALLY DID SAVE MONEY! ROFLMAO WISH I WAS A BIRD/CAT NEAR YOU!! AT LEAST I WOULD KNOW WHERE MY NEXT MEAL WAS COMING FROM! YOU SHOULD LIVE HERE....THOUSANDS OF ANIMALS HOMELESS!!! PEOPLE JUST TOSS THEM OUT THE DOOR OR THE WINDOW!! WE'RE GLOOMY AND IT'S POURING OUT...AND I MEAN POURING!

CEEJAY~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE CHANGES IN PLANS. IT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO KEEP THE BINGES AT BAY. MAYBE THAT WILL WORK MUCH BETTER. I AM THINKING OF THAT IDEA NOW TOO! LOL YOU ALWAYS GIVE ME LOTS TO THINK OF OR TRY!!

I DIDN'T GET TO THE FOODSTORE TODAY. TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS! I THOUGHT THEY SAID THE HURRICANE FIZZLED OUT AND WOULDN'T EVEN DUMP MUCH! THOSE WEATHERMEN LIE!
I THINK IT WASN'T ONLY THE MALL BUT THE 9/11 ANNIVERSARY TODAY THAT GOT THE BETTER OF ME THIS WEEK. I DID TELL THE DRIVER THAT MALL IS OFF MY LIST OF FAVORITES....HE HATES IT TOO FOR THE SAME REASONS AND NOW HE TELLS ME HE WONDERED WHY I LIKED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE! JEN REFUSES TO GO THERE EVEN WHEN SHE IS WITH RICHIE!
I WENT DOWNSTAIRS FOR AWHILE BECAUSE THEY HAD A SMALL CEREMONY BUT LEFT BEFORE IT ENDED. JUST TOO SAD.
FAMILIES HERE HAD LOVED ONES WHO VOLUNTEERED WITH THE SEARCHING AND CLEANUP THAT ARE NOW SICK AND HAVE CANCER. THIS STUFF IS GOING TO GO ON FOREVER....UNTIL THE LAST PERSON DIES. THEY'RE SAYING WE SHOULD ALL BE TESTED IN A 3 MILE RADIUS BUT WHAT DIFFERENCE WILL THAT MAKE? I WOULD RATHER NOT KNOW TILL THE END NOTHING WILL CHANGE WHAT HAS ALREADY PASSED. JEN AGRESS WITH ME SO WE CAME BACK UP HERE TO GET ON WITH LIFE.
I NEED TO FOOD SHOP LATER IN THE WEEK. DON'T WANT TO RUN OUT AND THEN BEGIN ORDERING CHINESE FOOD! HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GREAT DAY.
HAVE A NICE NIGHT TOO
Old 09-11-2007, 07:39 PM   #85  

Morning all,

The throat is much much better and the nose has loosened up enough to be a nuisance and I am sleeping better, so life is looking up. It will be a better day today even if it is windy, raining and cold. Spring might have sprung, but it hasn't landed yet! I was just saying to one of my fellow workers this morning that I don't mind wind, I don't mind rain, and I can live with cold, but not all three at once if you don't mind Mr Weatherman.

I have a nice surprise coming up on Saturday. My friend and mentor S is working up in the Pilbara and they have given her a weekend off for good behaviour so she is coming to Perth. This lady taught me just about everything I know about my job. I haven't seen her for a couple of years since I have been working in the boonies and she has been at home and semi retired in Brisbane. How they got her to do six weeks in the back of beyond is a mystery. Maybe Rio Tinto offered to pay off her mortgage or something. The lady doesn't come cheap. So anyway, on Saturday we are going to meet up and spend the day sightseeing in Freemantle and surrounds. I'm about to go hire a car for the day. We were going to use the train, but with the weather supposedly not going to be great, it might be a good idea to have a car handy so we can zip out and about. I'm excited!

Madcat - I've had the Gypsy Kings playing away here. Seems like siesta is just around the corner. Pass the Tapas and the sherry please. (Pun intended). Bit congrats on the weight loss. 3lbs is a fine effort and a great start to the challenge. Enzymes???? - like the enzymes in a certain washing powder?? crikey. Hope you get some answers soon. I know exactly what my sinus are allergic too and it is dust. As if I could get away from dust!!!!

Ruth - Thoughts are with you for Lucy and yourself today. Hope the vet comes up with some hope for her or something that will slow the progress.
Slow down woman, you make me tired. Mind you, keeping up with you would keep me young and spirited for some time to come.

Happy - you are right, dark gloomy skies make for an instant reaction to grab a cup of tea, go back to bed, find a book and snuggle for the duration. Unfortunately I have to go to work.

Ceejay - your challenge sounds like it is going well. Exercise goals are good. It's strange how we can hold it all in during the week and then have everything hang loose on the weekend. I do it often and swear about it often as well. Maybe we should not do the grocery shopping until Sunday afternoon so we don't have anything to binge on during the weekend!!!

Holly is tiptoeing through the tulips and having a great time. Good to see. Looooooooong may this phase last.

Mel - I wonder whether the chair would outrun the bull in the paddock! And the smell of new mown hay may well set off the allergies. Not to mention the bitey insects and nosey neighbours. Well it was a bit of a dream probably not to be taken seriously but then it's nice to dream. I presume the bus driver was the other man I met in your building. The one with the dog and the problem? Seems like his memory is down the gurgler as well.

It's so sad to hear that 9/11 is still causing so many problems for so many. Just goes to show that not enough research goes into the things we put in our homes and offices and what effects it has on the human physiology. True no one would expect to have a plane parked in the office along with the attendent avgas fuels but that isn't an excuse for putting toxic substances into everyday life and calling it furniture or plates or whatever.

Right oh - well my challenge is going fairly well. Once past the aeroplane bloat and the sinus bloat, I'm down about 1.5lb from the beginning of the month. This morning I woke before the alarm and leapt out of bed (lies, lies, lies, staggered is more like it) and straight into 30 minutes with Jillian. Got through it a lot better today, but I'm a real puddle at the end of the workout. I'm going to carry on with this one for the rest of the week, then I'll try her other dvd - shape up back. This one is shape up front. I figure something has to happen as far as the flab goes eventually. Well I hope it will.

Better go do something. See ya
Old 09-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #86  
Happy September

I SEE YOUR EGG IS LIT MISS SHAD. I JUST GOT OUT OF THE SHOWER AND HEARD MY MAILBOX CLICK WITH ANOTHER EFC POST MESSAGE AND I THOUGHT IT MIGHT JUST BE YOU! I FORGOT TO ANSWER YOUR PREVIOUS QUESTION...SORRY TO SAY THAT NO THE SECOND PARCEL HAS NOT ARRIVED. WHEN I DID QUESTION THE POSTMAN HE HAD NOT SEEN IT AND SAYS THAT TUBULAR PACKAGES SOMETIMES GET HELD UP AND COME VERY LATE SOOOOOOOO...........NOT SURE WHAT TO THING! WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.
GLAD THE DVDS ARE GOING WELL AND HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON. YOUR CHALLENGE SEEMS TO BE WORKING OUT VERY WELL....CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALSO. EFCHICKS ARE LOSING POUNDS THIS MONTH!!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:08 AM   #87  

oh poop, well okay. We will wait a little longer. Problem is, I don't think I have my receipt anymore, but I'll check next time I go home which is I think in October.
Right - flea in ear of one of the roosters around here, and some 'friendly' advice for another, then I think I might be done for the day. I might even get some work in. Now that will make a change.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:05 AM   #88  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whodathunkit? I was planning a trip to the gym this morning and the darn car won't start! CAA is on the way but I am astonished to realize I miss my workout. Luckily I can borrow one of Dr. Bob's cars - not the Bentley - to get to my 11 AM appointment in Ottawa.

Lucy and I will see the vet oncologist. (Her name is Dr. Bravo - a good sign, right?) I hope by the end of the day to have all the options to help me make a decision. In the meantime Lucy is carrying on being herself! She's miffed at the moment because she can't have breakfast in case they do bloodwork. We will visit my friend Shirl when we are in town to break the trip a bit and give her some goodies there.

Glorious rain last night so it's a fresh morning and I don't need to water the garden.

Gotta city up a bit. See you later.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:09 AM   #89  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

It's off to the dentist for me this morning - just a cleaning so it shouldn't be bad.

I will have to respectively ask Shad to be mindful of what she posts as far as work goes as I am starting to notice that when she gets "snowed under" it means the blizzard is soon headed my way On more than one occasion you've been innundated with work and within a week or two my hair is standing on end. Such as it is right now. I am so far behind I might as well be in last month. Yesterday about 3pm I just raised my hands and gave it up to the spirits. No matter what I'm working on someone else will be looking for their item of interest. I was up until 1 am today to try and make up some of the time that I'll lose being at the dentist. Not that anyone forced me to work that late, but I did have some things due today. Oh well, things don't get done sitting here, do they? Time to hop in the shower and get ready to face the day.

And it's downright chilly outside today. Amazing how quickly the temperatures switch over. But it feels good...

Here's to a good day for all of us - toasting you with an orange juice although it might set the tone better if it were a mimosa (orange juice and CHAMPAGNE )
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:11 AM   #90  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!
THIS IS A FLY-BY POST. I AM GOING DOWN TO SIGN FOR MY CHECK AND I HAVE A RIDE TO THE BANK/STORE.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!

SHAD~ SORRY ABOUT THE PARCEL...AND I DO HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME WITH S IN PERTH!! WHAT A GREAT SURPRISE!!

RUTH HOPE THE CAR STARTS!

WELL I AM OFF. BUS IS WAITING.