Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #76  
kitty Momo

on the weight loss Cristina! That is super, helps motivate me to keep plugging away.

You still doing the research thing Katy?? How is that going . Congrats on your weight loss too

I am just doing a quickie. I am excited about girl scouts!! Going to sign Gaby up.....whether she wants to or not - haha......

anyway - I am tired. I will write more later.

Hello to all you ladies! If you are MIA - come check in w/ us!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 AM   #77  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Ladies

Hi Ladies.

Thanks for sharing your stories, Katy and Cristina, you both are doing great, as are all of you ladies.

I have been implimenting small things, like getting up more often at work, making better food selections, eating less, etc.

But I do want to share something: DH got an extremely wonderful job opportunity and if he gets it, it will change both of our lives. Its nothing major, but it would involve a small move, but I think that change is what both of us needs. Just my opinion mind you, but that is what I think. So don't want to get my hopes up too high, but keeping my fingers crossed for sure!

Have a Great Morning Ladies and at 5:01 a.m. I begin my vacation! WOO-HOO!

Hi To Everybody MIA: Jules, Michelle, and anybody else!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 12:22 PM   #78  
kitty Momo

Good Morning All You Wonderful Weight Loss Warriors!!!

mmmmmm, wow - too much coffee....haha

Cross fingers on the job opportunity Sassy! Hope it all works out for you guys, a new start is good. The only think I have to offer that might help is to eat every small portions every4/5 hours. I noticed that has helped me to stay stable and not get too hungry.

Ok, I didn't follow that myself this morning. I ate too many breads. I blame the venti for that because I like to dunk.I will just watch what I eat the rest of the day.

Katy - you doing girl scouts for L?

better get - time is ticking before I have to get Gab from school.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:06 PM   #79  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thank you Susan, & Sassy!

Susan...girl scouts eh? I think Gaby will love it! DD was for a while, she had fun! Well, she was actually a brownie. Mmmmm, brownies sound good right now, lol.

Sassy...keeping my fingers crossed as well for the job. Wtg on making small changes...it's a start, and a good one. Every little thing you do will help you in the long run. Have a fun vacation!

HiYa Katy, Jules, Sue & Michelle! Hoping all is well with you ladies, espeically you Michelle...you've been MIA too long missy!

Went and did the wally world thing, ugh. Too many people there for some reason. Usually notice the older people out and about close to the first of the month. Anyway, mowed the backyard and then walked on the treadmill. That's about all I have. Wedding this weekend so will be gone until Sunday evening or Monday, not sure.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day! Have a GREAT weekend as well!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #80  
kitty Momo

Whose wedding are you going to Cristina? I hate when you are gone away for so long - lol . Ugh.....

I have been eating too much today. I don't feel good, tired. Picked up gab and took her home for lunch. Laid on the couch for awhile until Gab's carrying on started to annoy me. She cried and cried about going to the park. It is too cold and I am too tired....besides her father is coming in the evening to take her out for play. .....blah - blah.....you would think I was 80 years old.

k - slinking back to my couch....
Old 09-20-2007, 09:23 PM   #81  
~Believe~

Talking Hola Chicas!

Hola Chicas!!!!!!

Well I'm officially on Vacation! Woo-Hoo! The girl who releived me this morning was late. I was supposed to leave at 5 a.m., she comes in at 4 a.m., 4 came and went, 4:30 came and went, no call, nothing. 5 a.m. she calls in saying that she is late, my co-worker who took the call, said, "you think?" lol. So she got there at 5:30. So I had to stay a 1/2 hour later, no biggie.

Oh and my Uncle sent my DH the info for him to apply for the job, etc and he also called DH telling him that he knows of a few jobs that I could apply for too, if DH gets the job! So that eases my worry about "where will I be working?" lol. At least its an opportunity so I'm not worrying so much. lol.

I told DH this morning after I got off of work, maybe this was meant to be. My mom is struggling and she may be losing her job, so if DH gets this job and I get a job there too and we move down there, then my mom's worries are over, she can move in with us and take her time looking for a job. If for some reason DH does not get the job and we don't move, she can move in with us up here in OH. I just think it would be better if we move down there, because that is where my mom has lived for many, many, many years, so she is comfortable there. (where I was born/raised) But I don't want to get my hopes up too much..........

Anyways, Have a Great Night ladies!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #82  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Howdy ladies...

Have a little bit of time before we leave so thought I would say a quick Hi!

SUSAN...V's nephew is getting married. I've only met him/them once, not even sure why we are going. In the 9 years we've been together we've seen them once, at V's moms funeral. They only send a Christmas card if I send one...there's no communication/correspondence at all on their part even though the SIL has family a few blocks from where we lived before we moved, and they visit them often, lol. Apparently this has been an issue with his family since before I met V. They would come down for 2 weeks for Christmas to spend with her family and see V's mom about 1 hour. Anyway...somewhere to go I guess, lol. Cheer up missy! That's an order! You sound down

SASSY...well, I do hope that DH gets the job. Sounds like it would be a good deal for all of you. Enjoy your vacation!

Okay, I've sepnt way too much time on here and need to get going. We are leaving at 12:30...it's only about a 4-4 1/2 hour drive.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #83  
kitty Momo

Hi All,

lol - funny Cristina on why you are even going to the wedding. I am sure getting out for a long drive will be fun. I always munch though in the car.

I feel better, not sure what the problem is - maybe it is sinking in that I have no job (???)- lol....I feel useless.... *wah. I remind myself that I am a mother and that is the most important thing in the whole wide world so no sense in feeling useless. blah - blah.

Yippeeee, Sassy! Vacation time! Sure you will have a super time.

Sue, thoughts of you and your mother.

Katy - any special plans for the weekend???

We miss you Jules, Michelle & Carol.

I am having a good eating day. I had oatmeal and 1/2 a bagel for breakfast. I had chili for lunch.....fish and veggies for dinner . I also have some peaches and apples I am eating for snacks.

Today was picture day for Gaby.I think she is doing really well so far. Her father wants to enroll her in some after school program, I think that will be good for her. She can ride the bus there , have lunch and continue her day for a few extra hours.

ok, adios amigo's!!! WI day is Monday for me.....have to moooove that scale. Want to kick the dang thing right now!! lol
Old 09-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #84  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick post. Mom did not have the surgery today on her back and won't be having it anytime soon. We rushed her by ambulance to the ER yesterday morning, found out it wasn't a heart attack, (the good news) Her heart Dr. has given us some things to ponder, not good news. Her family Dr. is still running tests today and she might come home tomorrow. I just got home from there as she was worn out and I wanted her to sleep. We are all worn out, but doing as okay as we can.
She is facing heart surgery within the next month or so....I will know more after another consult.
Her poor Baby is lost without her here.........gotta go walk her.
Thanks for your prayers and good wishes..please continue.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #85  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Many prayers for your mother, Sue and for your whole family. I can imagine how tiring it is when a loved one is ill. Hang in there and rest as much as you can.

It is Saturday morning and just getting started for the day. A long ride out to the pumpkin patch sounds like fun - I just would like the girls to go with me. Course the mall is always on their agenda.

Need to get Gab's hair brushed, she is protesting and we have stalled long enough.

Saw a flicker of 171 on the scale..!! close - maybe by Monday. I can't believe this is taking so long to lose. I guess it is true the older you get the harder it is to lose (????) . Plus all the yo - yoing in my life - figured I have lost just over 300 pounds since I was 25....lol - geepers. Anyway - onward, right?

You all have a super Saturday!
Old 09-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #86  
~Believe~

Cool Evening Ladies

Hi Ladies!

Sue, BIG BIG we are keeping you and your mom, and your family in our prayers.......

Cristina -- Thanks. We decided to just stay at home and enjoy our own city that we never get to see because of working our odd hours and now working opposite days. Plus our kitty has issues--lol and also I cannot sleep well in a strange bed. Have a good time at your Nephew's Wedding.

Susan -- Big You are not useless, being a mommy is the hardest job and the very most important job in the world!

I have my Pumpkin Pie Yankee Candle Tart burning and all it is doing is making me want Pumpkin Pie! lol. But its okay, I have NO car and can't make it, because well i don't have the pumpkin, so at least I can smell it and dream, that doesn't have any calories! lol.

Speaking of Calories.........Could I ask you fine ladies what it is your drinking? I try to of course drink as much water as possible, but sometimes I want something other than that and I'm totally addicted to Mt. Dew and not the Diet.......(I know BAD.....) I try to only drink it at work -- to stay awake but if its in the apt, I will drink it. Guess I should just leave it at work or just buy just enough for work and that is it. But I would like to "kick the habit" I've tried sooooooo many times too. Its as bad as the eating healthy thing/exercising, maybe even worse! lol. I've tried Coke Zero, its okay, I can drink it, I've tried the Diet Pepsi Max, its okay, not really a Pepsi fan. My FIL likes Diet Rite but I don't, but I do know they have all kinds of new flavors, maybe I can try. I've even tried Diet Sierra, because I do like Sierra, it was gross. Maybe I just need to keep trying new stuff. DH drinks the Crystal Lite Tea and loves it. I don't like Crystal Lite. He also likes Diet Dr. Pepper, which I'm told is the very best diet drink out there, and that may be, but I can't stand Dr. Pepper! lol. I've tried Diet Mt. Dew too and its yucko. Guess I am just very finicky. lol. My Mama should have named me Morris.

Well I suppose I have rambled on long enough!

We miss you fine ladies MIA......Jules, Michelle & Carol.........

Take care and have a great evening and Weekend!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 09-22-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #87  
kitty Momo

awwww, thank you Sassy! I will try and believe I am of some use somewhere. I love my kids, they mean everything to me.

I must say Mt Dew is evil!! lol....I use to drink a lot of diet squirt but kicked that habit......... I will drink some diet coke but mainly drink water or my coffee in the morning. How is the vacation going???

Sue - many prayers for you.

I think I will go home and snuggle with the kitty Momo. Gab is at her fathers.

Night all !!!
Old 09-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #88  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning...The sun is shining and it is pretty out there with some leaves falling and blowing in the air. Still warm, thank goodness.
Mom got to come home last evening, although she is still weak. Heart Dr. said she could come home if she stayed down and rested. We have to see him in a few days. She is a very sick lady in need of heart surgery. Thank you for keeping her/us in your prayers. We will take one day at a time.

Sassy- Enjoy your time off. I drink the Wal Mart peach tea which is the same as Crystal Light. I love the WM brand. The Crystal Light raspberry tea is good too. Other than that I drink decaf coffee and once in awhile a decaf soda of some sort. I don't care for diet, so just drink little. But the diet AW root beer or Barq's is very good.
Susan- I am sure the 171 is coming. I think I went back up close to 170 again. After 166...boo hoo. I can't even worry about it right now. Some people can't eat when they are stressed and some EAT. I used to not eat when I smoked, but now I just stuff myself.
I am going to go out and try to ride the bike for a few minutes...
Thank you all........
Old 09-23-2007, 01:56 PM   #89  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

HUGS Sue, keeping your family in prayers.

I know.Some stressful events can keep some from eating , I eat though. It brings comfort to me until you realize one day you are 50 pounds overweight - lol

The only time I didn't eat was when I went though my first divorce and I got done to 128. I looked horrible and felt even worse.

So, I weighed this morning and it hit 171!! woo hoo......changing my ticker before it goes back up. haha. If I get real serious this week I hope to get it to 169 by the end of the month. Anyway, that is my own personal challenge to light some fire under my butt.

Need to go to the craft store and get some things to decorate Gab's shoe box tonight. We are always last minute . She will come home from her fathers at 5pm, so I have some *me* time.

anyway - hugs to all!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-23-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #90  
~Believe~

Wink Hola Chicas!

Hi Ladies.

Its awful hot here for it being officially fall, its 90 degrees! Phew! Where is our fall weather? lol.

Well DH bought some glue on his way home from work this morning, but he couldn't fix my glasses. He said we could try taking them to the guy who repaired them before -- they completely fell apart before this and he fixed them so this should be easy! Just so I don't have to wear these ugly glasses.

Only thing is I don't know how long it will take him to fix them and we're supposed to go out with friends tomorrow night, for my bday and I don't want to be wearing these ugly things. I know that sounds stupid, but I don't. lol. If I only knew where my contacts were. I had two boxes of disposables and I never did find them when we moved here. So I guess its in a box that we didn't have room for and is either in our closet or in storage. I think later I'm going to see if I can find them.......

Susan -- Yes Mt. Dew is evil. I've quit drinking it so many times I lost count and I always go back to it.......... I just got to put my mind to it and just kick the habit for good! lol. Aw I miss snuggling with my kitty. (he passed away in March of this yr.) The one we have left isn't a cuddler, only when he wants too and that usually is when we are in bed asleep. lol. on hitting 171! I haven't been that weight in a long time. lol.

Sue -- Glad to hear that your mom is home, we will continue to keep her and you and your family in our prayers. My DH drinks that too, the Walmart Brand Crystal Lite, he says it tastes the same and it is a lot cheaper! lol. I just don't like it. Have to keep trying I guess.

Hi to everybody out there MIA........we miss you!

I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday Evening!

Closed Thread