Old 09-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #61  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Not even gonna tell anyone what the scales are up to today. The weekend killed me. I am so down in the dumps, when will I find the willpower and motivation I had in the first 9 months.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #62  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRVMMM View Post
Not even gonna tell anyone what the scales are up to today. The weekend killed me. I am so down in the dumps, when will I find the willpower and motivation I had in the first 9 months.
If only there was an easy answer for that! I have read about a 'wheel', where the cycle goes motivation:results:success:motivation:results: etc. You need to grab some part of that wheel to get moving.
Forget the weekend, go back and think about the first nine months and how powerful you felt being in control and doing something great for yourself. That's your motivation. Start a journal, if you haven't.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

Hey Robbin....don't be so hard on yourself! I totally feel where you are coming from. It is a daily struggle for me, and it is harder than people realize! I can offer up a few tips to try and help you. Here are a few things I do to stay motivated:
I treat myself to my favorite dessert after I lose 5 pounds.
After 10 pounds I usually buy a few pieces of clothing.
I am constantly looking back at pics of me when I was much bigger (I even
posted one on my mirror), to remind me why I am doing this!
I keep "my food" in a seperate place, so that I don't have to be tempted by
the sweet stuff I buy for my husband, and kids.

I hope this helps a little. I know we all have our own little ways to stay strong. I think we should all share them. You have all lost so much weight...you are my motivation too!! Good Luck!
staffingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #64  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Good evening ladies! Well, "we" survived our first day of school! Yay! I say "we" because I was probably as nervous as my daughter. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm a little overly motherly sometimes. Boy! Was it ever a long day! I kept worrying and wondering about her. I think tomorrow will be much easier to handle, for both of us..hehehe!

Robbin, I think you've been given the best advice already. Just pick yourself up and get roaring mad at the temptations and take back control! I know you can do this and I know that inner motivation is still in there somewhere just simmering away waiting for the flames to be fanned.

Well, not much new to report from myself. Just gotta take a page from my own book and fan the flame again this week. Long weekends and family meals are a killer! Okay, check back tomorrow!

Hope you're having a great evening with some awesome news to start reporting!
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:40 AM   #65  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi . . .

Clock says it's morning . . . is badly needed. Actually more sleep is badly needed, but the will have to do, for now.

Hope the quietness doesn't drive you too crazy, TINA.

Hope the day is good for everybody . . . see you later.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:24 AM   #66  
Ashley

Hello everyone,
I've been away from 3FC for several months and have not only stopped the weight loss, but have actually relapsed to the tune of five pounds. This seems like a good thread to get back started again. I have a wonderful incentive now - I'm going to be the mother of the bride and don't want to look huge in any pictures!

I found staying in touch regularly with others on 3FC was the best weight loss aid I've ever had, and am happy to be back.

Ashley
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:39 AM   #67  
Onward and Downward

to the thread ASHLEY . . . You are so right. Posting regularly is what keeps us all sane and (hopefully) on track. Look forward to getting to know you better, Chickie . . . have a great day.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #68  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Howdy ladies, gonna have to be quick need to be doing some work but i really wanted to pop in and check the posts. Now i need to say welcome to Ashley and HANG IN THERE ROBBIN!!!!! I don't know if any of you watched the Biggest Loser did they keep it off special last night but I saw most of it and I don't think a single one of them were at the weight they had gotten down to on the show and most had gained between 15-30 pounds. Now what I take from that is WE ARE NORMAL and THIS IS REALLY HARD!!!!! Imagine if being on TV and being known in public like that is not motivation for you to keep it off then why are we beating ourselves up for having a hard time. Life is hard and things get the better of you. The point i am rambling along trying to make and what they seemed to emphsize on the show is not how much they gained back but how much they had kept off. Girls we have got to hang on to that. I know my pattern before this was loose some and gain a whole lot more. If nothing else i have broken that cycle, I have lost a bunch and KEPT IT OFF. That is the key, we do know we can do this and we know how, we just need to keep at it. Focus on life and the beauty in it and get out of our negative focus of what we are not accomplishing and look at what we have. Positive thoughts lead to positive actions!!!

Okay after all that philosiphizing I need to listen to myself and get moving, actually i really need to get going but I hope that all of you have a great positive day and keep the focus up!!!
Erin
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:19 PM   #69  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Sorry guys for not being around today. I have been out ALL day...(this having the whole day to yourself is kinda nice..getting to hang out with your girlfriends without kids). So needless to say Linda, I don't think I'll be getting too bored..LOL! Welcome Ashley! So glad you found us and re-committing yourself! Erin, I did watch the BL. I was pretty amazed at the ones they did feature at how well they did keep the weight off. You're right, it's a total accomplishment to praise yourself over the weight we did lose and have kept off! It's all good! Yay! Well girls, I'm so tired, it's been a busy day. See you tomorow!
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #70  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning everybody . . .

Unfortunately I was up very early again . . . don't know why. At least it is a better looking day -- nice and sunny and a little warmer -- thank goodness.

Wow . . . TINA . . . time for yourself for a change. Have fun, Chickie.

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #71  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

This week has been pretty rough! It's just so hard to stay on track now. I don't know what I'm going to have to do differently.

If I keep food in the house I have to tourture myself not to eat it all in 2 days, but then if I don't keep food in the house my mind wonders to all the quick fast food meals I could run and pick-up.

I finally got a handle on my money situation since the "big move" and now I can't seem to get a hold on my eating. I guess it's as they always say, if it ain't one thing it's another! With my b-day tomorrow and the party my mom is throwing then the one my dad is throwing, I'm pretty much expecting this weekend to be rough.

I must say that I'm still thankful for where I am because I could still be very well be 228lbs.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day and thank you for listening to me venting!

Last edited by mrsgeb2; 09-06-2007 at 11:53 AM.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Hi does anyone mind If I join this thread? I got sick with the flu about 2 weeks ago and dropped about 4 lbs really fast, well I put 3 of them back on (I'm sure it was just water weight) but since then I've been systematically gaining and losing the same 3 lbs!

I know this is just a mini plateau but it's still frustrating! I try to keep my calories between 1500-1800 a day and walk average of 40-60 min per day. I recently upped my walking from 1 to 1 1/2 miles to 2 miles on the days I'm off from work. On the days that I work I don't calculate miles but do a solid 60+ min of walking. I also decided I definetly need more fiber in my diet and bought a box of Bran Cereal and some Dried Split Peas and Lima Beans to help out.

I take a lot of comfort in knowing I am doing the best I can but can't wait to get past this plateau!!!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Hi girls. How is everyone doing so far this week? I have been very good, and lost 2 pounds since Monday. It has been soooooooo hard, but rewarding. Just 3 more pounds to go, and I get my favorite sweet treat - ice cream from the dairy queen-YUMMY!!! I know it's sounds silly, but I really look forward to that :-) I would really like us to all share our little tricks and motivational tips with each other. Maybe even share some delicious low-cal recipes. I think it could help everyone. I know I look forward to coming on here and reading the posts. It's just an idea. I hope you lovely ladies have a fabulous day! Chat Soon!
staffingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #74  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Hi everyone! Hope you are all moving along!
I got my Nutrisystem food today. Hoping this will get me back on track. Surprised at the couple of things I tried - they were quite good.
I think this will help with any portion distortion I might have been suffering from.
It's also a relief just to grab something off the shelf to eat, rather than planning out my meal to make sure it's balanced and within a calorie guideline.
I'm feeling pretty excited, I have to say!!!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:55 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hi Everyone,

I keep forgetting to come over and jump in this thread, I've been mostly hanging out in the "WW At Home" one, since I'm doing FlexPoints and not going to meetings.

I can commiserate with all the conversations on struggles getting back on track and cravings. The past couple weeks have been so busy and when I don't get enough "me" time, I want to nurture my deprived little self with food as compensation.

I am on the downward movement on the scale (6 lbs from the highest creep back up that scared me back to the program). Only .5 this past week and 1 the week before. I'm itching to get back to "virgin" fat territory, but that's still about 6 or 7 lbs away.

If I can get caught up on school prep today, then I won't feel so rushed and hence feel the need to feed.

chugging forward...
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote