Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 06:20 PM   #31  
fatter than U

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
Who wants to come help me clean up this dump?
I do! I do! You pay the air fare and I'll bring the pressure washer.

I actually did clean something today - the huge pile of crapola beside my bed. Not just one pile, really, a whole series of piles all along the floor. Book, magazines, brochures from vacation last year, wool, little silvery gift boxes, half finished embroidered Christmas ornaments, dirty socks and the list goes on. I'm still itchin' from all the dust. Bleh.

Way too late again, must go to bed.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:37 PM   #32  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
I do! I do! You pay the air fare and I'll bring the pressure washer.

I actually did clean something today - the huge pile of crapola beside my bed.
Yes! A pressure washer -- that would be most helpful! Just think how fast we could empty this place out with one of those! I'm glad I'm not the only person who still has these endless piles. I was looking for my dog whistle this afternoon (no luck ) and combed through numerous baskets and boxes of dusty crap. Blah.

It's thundering out. I'd better wrap this up and de'puter.

Kiwi
Old 08-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #33  
loves kleenex box art

Dear Kiwi,

Send "it" and I will promise to post every day this week in spite of the fact that I am working in the supermarket five days, driving to Pencilcola to take a test on one day off and ... I dont know what I'm doing the other one. My feet hurt so much.

How did we manage to raise kids who sound so much alike (well, don't they?) and find each other? I can easily imagine DS running around the world with or without LCP. He and Kiwiette have things in common.

I am encouraged by Sugar's cleaning up of the area beside the bed. I am tempted to photograph that area of my own bedroom and .. when I can walk again (as when I don't work in the supermarket) ... clean it up and feel proud. However, there's plenty of time to do that.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:36 AM   #34  

Apologies to all for not keeping up with your stories.
Sug-- I cleaned up some "piles of stuff" on my low-boy bureau, too. and had to really search high and low because the mail-in pharmacy said they'd mailed a RX I needed .... I thought I remembered receiving it... located it in the heap of duvet on my bed. (oops).

Went and got shoes yesterday. Wheeeeeeeee. New walking shoes AND clogs and sandals all from New Balance. It is amazing what a little cushioning on one's feet can do to establish a positive mind-set!
I relaxed SO much I slept through dinner.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Must go do some internet research as my friend with melanoma is in the hospital.... for side effects of medication.

I am relieved that my feet are happy.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:47 PM   #35  
Member w/ messiest house

Peachie, you will be rewarded. Sounds like you need some of Painty's NB shoes.

I dropped a stapler on my instep the other night and it still hurts like a . All my sandals have straps right where the ouchie is. Ooch that smarts .

Had to get up at the crack of, um, 8:30 this morning (well, hey, if you stayed up till 3 am, that would be mighty early for you too ), to go say goodbye to DD's bf. DD will be so bereft this week, I can't even imagine.

There is nothing on the floor by my bed except perhaps a stray kleenex. Unfortunately most of the house isn't that lucky. Yesterday after I washed the dishes, I decided to wipe some of the stuff on the back of the stove. Eww. Caked with grease, yummy.

Kiwi
Old 08-27-2007, 12:38 AM   #36  
loves kleenex box art

I fear that if one wore NB sandals and walking shoes and clogs all at once, one's feet would still hurt after standing on a cement floor for eight hours. However, if that's what you're sending, I'll be happy to try them.

This woman at the supermarket who seems nice and average and normal keeps saying that she sees a psychiatrist for anger problems. Then, yesterday, she told someone she was going to shoot some people at work. Then, she had to clean the bathrooms and the boss told her she had missed something on the floor. He told her this with the mop and bucket between them and he had his hand on the mop handle. She screamed at him at the top of her lungs, WRESTLED the mop away from him and said, "I'm stronger than you. I can take it." He told her to calm down and go home and she yelled, "I will not go home. You can't make me quit." She came in today with her dh and talked to another manager. I hope she quit. Scary.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #37  
fatter than U

Default scratch my itch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only person who still has these endless piles. I was looking for my dog whistle this afternoon (no luck ) and combed through numerous baskets and boxes of dusty crap. Blah.
Oh yes, dusty crap is my nemesis. I got into a sorting and tossing frenzy today and the dust is making my body itch in the most uncomfortable places. Ooog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman View Post
I am relieved that my feet are happy.
And I am happy that your feet found relief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Then, yesterday, she told someone she was going to shoot some people at work.
Pleeeeeeeeease stay FAR FAR AWAY from her, Peachy. Um, maybe she should be working in a nice padded office all by herself instead of in a supermarket where there are, like, customers and staff and cans of peas to throw.

My mother sent me this joke today in amongst the urban legends and fluffy kittens. I feel it is newsworthy.

Subject: Those French!!!

A thief in Paris planned to steal some paintings from the Louvre. After
careful planning, he stole the paintings, got past security, and made it
safely to his van. However, he was captured only two blocks away when
his van ran out of gas. When asked how he could mastermind such a crime
and the make such an obvious error, he replied, "Monsieur, that is the
reason I stole the paintings. I had no Monet to buy Degas to make the
Van Gogh."

And you thought that I didn't have de Gaulle to forward this on to
someone else? I figure I had nothing Toulouse.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #38  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, that's one groaner after another, that is! Nice.

Yeah, so that's what anger management therapy is for. I used to think maybe I had anger issues. Now I think I am merely irritated...

Went to the big city for school shopping today. Coughed my way all the way there and back. Now I feel carpy. Speaking of carpy, I was going to buy some glucosamine/chondroitin supplements for my joints. Everyone swears by it. Fortunately I looked closely at the label. Seems it always has shellfish in it -- shrimp, crab, lobster or whatnot. I am highly allergic to shrimp! I asked the pharmacist about it, whether there were some without shellfish and he had no idea those even had that in them. I dodged a bullet there. But now I don't know what to do to "improve my joint health" as it were.

DD's foot has not healed as well as hoped, and she went back to the doctor today. Turns out she has metatarsalgia or some such, inflammation of the joint at the ball of the foot. She is supposed to start Ballet at college next week. That's not going to happen. Too bad, I must say, she was really looking forward to getting back to dancing, for exercise. She'll have to avoid much foot flexing for several weeks to give this a chance to heal.

Later gators
Kiwi
Old 08-27-2007, 11:41 PM   #39  
loves kleenex box art

I knew an elementary school teacher who was allergic to shrimp. Once, they cooked it in the cafeteria and she had to be taken to the ER just for smelling it down the hall.

That woman was given a day off .. suspension .. to cool off. Today, I worked and looked up see my next customer and it was her. Honestly, I was uneasy. And she wanted money added to her gift card and I didn't know how and then it turned out it couldn't be done as the gift cards have limits. Throught all this, I kept thinking, "Don't be angry with me!!!"

Speaking of French, a bunch came in and put their groceries in the cart without bags and then the woman signed her credit card receipt right to left.
What is that? Right to left? They don't write that way do they??
Old 08-28-2007, 02:00 PM   #40  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Right to left? They don't write that way do they??
Weird. In Arabic they do. Also Hebrew.

We have to clean all day. Fortunately my day didn't start until noon.

Kiwi
Old 08-28-2007, 06:13 PM   #41  
fatter than U

Talking

Maybe they were from Morroco or Tunesia or somewhere? If they had an Arabic name I guess they'd have to write it right to left. You get some interesting customers.

Shrimp allergies can be SO scary. I didn't know there was shellfish in that glucosamine/chondroitin stuff. My mum has problems with itching and hives all the time and they told her it's some kind of allergy and I'm wondering if that could partly be the cause because she's been taking it for ages.

I am segueing from PMS into the real deal and my belly is bloated up like a giant puffer fish. Yes, it IS possible to gain 5 lbs over night. Fortunately three of those pounds are water. UNfortunately the other two are chocolate cake.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:07 AM   #42  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
I didn't know there was shellfish in that glucosamine/chondroitin stuff. My mum has problems with itching and hives all the time and they told her it's some kind of allergy and I'm wondering if that could partly be the cause because she's been taking it for ages.
I get hives when I eat shrimp. Of course with your mom it could be a lot of other things too, but I suppose it would be worth looking into. However, I did a search about the shellfish in glucosamine and a site about allergies says that shellfish allergies would not be triggered by glucosamine because it is made from the shells rather than the flesh of the shrimp, and allergies are normally to proteins. So I am still wary, but I might give it a try.

Are the kids back in school yet? School starts on Friday around here.

We are having the inlaws over for a bbq tomorrow. I have made potato salad, and we are grilling veggies and luscious sirloin tip strips. We never have them over hardly; of course we don't really have the room for many people in this dump, but it's really because the place is so embarrassing. But, at least the lawn is mowed, the porch is somewhat cleared out, the bathroom is clean, and we have all day tomorrow to do MORE CLEANING! YIPPEE! Ugh.

After the bbq, I'm going on strike...

Kiwi
Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #43  
loves kleenex box art

I guess I never thought of Arabic writing as being script. Of course, I couldn't read it at all and couldn't pick out a letter.

I have big plans today. I am going to get my tired rotated. Then ... I'll come home and nap. Then go to work.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #44  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
I guess I never thought of Arabic writing as being script. Of course, I couldn't read it at all and couldn't pick out a letter.
Yeah, that's a good point; it's not exactly script. But when people sign their names, they must use something like script. I'll ask DD and see if she knows how people sign their names in Arabic.
Quote:
I have big plans today. I am going to get my tired rotated. Then ... I'll come home and nap. Then go to work.
Tomorrow I will no doubt need to have my tired rotated too. Right now my tired will have to wait.

You will never believe what I found in the kitchen this morning. I was getting the marinade ready for the steak tips, and I heard this very strange shishing sound, like something moving in a plastic bag. I thought it was probably a breeze moving something. Then I heard a vaguely liquid-y muted plopping sound so I thought it might be something backed up in the sink. But then it all got louder and I had to investigate -- with a very long pair of tongs. I moved everything away from the sink area, and then I realized it was coming from the empty frozen OJ can that I had used to discard cooking grease.

Oh yes, a mouse was scrabbling its damnedest to get out of the cardboard can. I contemplated my options for a bit (put it out of its misery? tie it up in a plastic bag and throw it in the garbage can so I don't have to think about it? give it a bath?) -- and then I decided to take it out to the woods. I used the tongs to pick up the can and put it in a bucket lined with plastic bags. So then I could see the little moron; it was pretty sad looking but still paddling for it was worth. So I took it out and put the can on its side by the edge of the woods and the mouse crawled out. And headed toward the house...so I stamped my feet a few times and yelled at it and it turned around and went in the woods. I think probably it will live. Although maybe not a long and healthy life, after it licks all that grease off its fur...

And that's not all the excitement around here. Would you believe DD called from work to say that she had heard that there was a hostage standoff at the grocery store in town! Sure enough the store and the roads around it were closed off and every police vehicle from miles around was there. But it turned out to be a bomb threat and has, according to the news, been "resolved". This is what happens to a peaceful little town when the major industry screws the pooch and unemployment runs rampant. And a lot of people in power like to take advantage of people's fears and institute unnecessary controls. Last year they locked down the middle and high schools because some kid wrote something stupid on a bathroom mirror that was interpreted as a threat. Then instead of letting up on the prison atmosphere this year, they are continuing it and spending all the money they might have used on, say, hiring enough teachers so they could educate the kids, and instead put in somebody's wet dream of a security system. I can hardly wait to see what the outcome is of today's mess.

Sorry for my language, but I get a whole lot up in arms.

The grocery store thing was not, by all reports, about a disgruntled employee, at least. But I'm soooo glad DD didn't get a job there.

And I'm so glad I got my grocery shopping done yesterday...

Kiwi
Old 08-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #45  
loves kleenex box art

To me, that's pretty exciting. I like hearing about mice, especially when they're in another state. I like their ears. Whiles I was getting my tired rotated, the office cat climbed in my lap and took away the sock I was knitting. All cats are bossy. I've never been in there and not seen some big, gnarly looking man fussing over that cat. The one today petted her and called her pretty. Really, I've been there many times and never seen her get shooed away; always see her get smiles and pets.

Did I tell about DS's finger blister? Don't remember. There's a small ice cream freezer in the supermarket by a checkout line. DS put his finger in and it stuck to the wall. The idjit who he asked for a cup of water couldn't figure out where to find a cup and came back to ask him. So he was there a long time. It was a big puffy blister and I got him to put moleskin over it so he could work one day.

Well, it turned calously (does moleskin make the dead skin stick back to the wound?) and when he touches it, it tingles. I hope it's healing and not permanent nerve damage. Don't you hate when you kid tells you stuff like this? Like last year, he's calling with all the bad news. Bike stolen. Lost some remote control pointer required for physics. Line for Krishna lunch is a mile long.

Me: How are the roommates?

Him: OK

Me: Tell me about classes.

Him: They're fine.

but I get the bad news.
Closed Thread