Old 08-15-2007, 05:28 PM   #46  
Goodbye Fat!

Hey Girls,

I know it has been a long time, but I wanted to stop by and say hi to all! Seems like you are all doing well with the eating and exercising. I am still working out in the mornings, but no more running for me I just get too out of breath. Eating has been pretty good, I am trying to get my fruits and veggies and stay away from the junkfood.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
I noticed today how many labels are saying "No Trans Fat".

Those "labels" piss me off, that is PER SERVING. So if it has .50 graM OF TRANS FAT THEY CAN SAY NO TRANS FAT! Look on the ingredients list for partially hydrogenated ANYTHING. That is why I try really hard to stay away from processed foods

Grrrr, I hate mfgr's labeling games like that! :scowl:
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:46 PM   #48  

Hi Iris!

Good luck on your journey. What do you binge on?

Congrats on the running - that takes a lot of hard work and determination. If you did it once, you can do it again

Glad you joined us. And I LOVE your avatar, LOL!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
That is hard when you need his extra support. Hmmm..is there any one else who can be a gym buddy when he don't want to go?

Career....what do you LOVE doing? It will get better! I need to get up and get some chores done! I am feeling lazy!
I love being at home.. but.. I can't make money at it. LOL

Here in SoCa, I absolutely have to work. Cops don't make THAT much!! Well, mine doesn't anyway..
SD Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:32 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies, I read most of the post's since my last one on Aug. 6, welcome to the newbie's, some great info floating around for everyone.

Jasmine, thanks for figuring out my cals for me to lose, I really do appreciate it. You are doing great. Keep up the great work.

SD Gal so glad you are back, I really missed you. PM you, hope you got them. Nice to have our old friends back.

To someone who asked, my son turned 29 on Aug. 8th. We had dinner out in celebration last evening, unfortunately his girlfriend came, my future son-in-law was in agreement, she was down right moody, none of the food was good enough etc. anyhow it was buffet, what more can I say! I did bring him up well, I do have to stop now and look after me and get ready for my daughter's wedding. Last thing on this matter, she upset me enough, my nerves were so bad I spent the next four hours on the toilet. I have now left it in God's capable hands and know he will know what is best.

I have been not doing to bad with food, cut back a lot, today was 1/2 cup Fibre one cereal with 1% milk, then a 4 oz steak with one well done piece of bacon and salad with two tablespoon's of dressing. Water is not up to par yet. Tried a new diet pop (which I never drink, but it was brand new, it was made by Pepsi and called Carmel Cream) way too sweet for me, dh loves it. Just did chores around today and tried to catch up with E-mail, then to the store for supplies for the cottage, going up again tomorrow.

Right now it is hard to get to the boards as I have one day with Dad, and of course appts., then one day with laundry and the likes, then tomorrow again over to Dad's, then back up to the cottage. The rest of the time I am on the phone with my daughter, being directed on my duties and things she wants me to do in regards to her wedding plans. (Would of been easier had it been down South, darn that they changed there minds)!!!! I also no I need to be checking it and being responsible for myself, it is hard at the moment, oh well lucky me really, it is only 3 1/2 months to go. Could of been a lot longer in the planning stages.

Well ladies have a good one tomorrow, can't believe your kids are already back to school, ours finish June 29 and go back Sept. 4th. I am glad mine are all grown up (sometimes).

Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:21 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

thanks for the welcomes!

i'll honestly binge on just about anything, but cereal is a big trigger food for me. i'll eat an entire box, i just keep going back for "a little bit more." and once i'm in binge mode, i just start searching the cabinets, the fridge, the freezer....

yesterday started out horrible but ended in what i consider an acceptable manner. i went out with some friends and got a free veggie burrito because on of them is a restaurant manager. last night i made my "eating plan" so i'm set on sticking to it for today! i'm aiming for about 1500 cals a day, which is okay as long as i am running - which i'm also set on doing today. or at least a little jogging.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:29 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuk4 View Post
Hello ladies, I read most of the post's since my last one on Aug. 6, welcome to the newbie's, some great info floating around for everyone.

SD Gal so glad you are back, I really missed you. PM you, hope you got them. Nice to have our old friends back.

Sharon S.
Sharon,

Your son is ENGAGED? To the controlling girlfriend? When did THAT happen? ACK!!

After having "fallen off the wagon" I have my good and bad days, but I am much better than I was.

I missed you too!! I didn't get the other PM you sent cause it wasn't to my name. lol.. You can forward it to me though if you still want to?

The day is going ok, we still havent gone to the gym this week, which is frustrating. My husband isnt being supportive there.. frustrating really. I'll go tonight with or without him.

Have a super day!!!
Love,
Michelle
SD Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:28 PM   #53  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone! Well just a little frustrated cause I wound up binging a bit on microwave popcorn. Wound up at 2100 or so! acckkkk!!! My cals were pretty low the day before though, 1371. Ugghhhhh I will have to redo my weekly stats and look again. If I kept it at 1400 for those few days I would of wound up at 1601, dipping higher that day......grrrr......Well hopefully the worst that could happen is a 1700 average. I decided I am NOT skipping a walk tomorrow. I have been trying to do 5 days at 90, 1 at 60 and 1 rest. Well this week I had a 50 and a 30! So the 50 is 10 shy and the 30 is 60 shy! That is 70 shy and the week before I did a 100 minute day(not on purpose) so that is 80 shy from the previous week. The previous week was also a 1550 average week and this week is looking like 1700? arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

So I am thinking of definitely walking tomorrow. Hope I can keep my cals stable these next two days. Either way I am still on track for 2 pounds but.......grrrr......
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #54  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Cool

Hey Iris. I am a runner too. Check out www.coolrunning.com. They have a couch to 5K workout to help ease you back into running. It is suppose to take you 2 months, but I know some people who are progressing on it faster. It is a go at your own pace plan. I am following it and by the end f next week I am suppose to be able to run 20 minutes non-stop! I know if I set my mind to it I can do it. SO can you. I am glad you are on board!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Life just got in the way. Final weigh in fr the week is tomorrow. So far I am looking at a 2 pound loss for the week. I really overate yesterday, but today feel much better. no binge urges at all!

I ran the last day of week 4 today of c25K. It was harder then on Tuesday. It's alot more humid here then it was on Tuesday. It made the breathing rough, I felt like I was almost breathing in liquid!! Here is next week's workout.
Day 1
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)

Day 2
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)

Day 3
Brisk five-minute warmup walk,
then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking.

I guess I will manage. Hope everyone is having a great week!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:11 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! Sounds like everyone has a plan...that's great!

My last three days have been super good. Part of it is I'm not home, I've been in meetings and getting home late - that's the reason I haven't been able to post.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, but I've been on a really good diet now for a couple of weeks and I can feel it in my clothes.

My son finally got his laptop at the cost of $2000!!! I know...

I'll post more tomorrow - no meetings!!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:46 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Okay just a quick post, I'm off to work. I weighed myself this morning and I've only lost 2 1/2 pounds in two weeks. I am not happy but I'm trying to ignore it. My body seems to take a long time to figure out I'm serious about dieting. My clothes are definitely fitting better, I can breath again. I have been working sooooo hard with exercise and diet, so I hope in a few days I will have a big loss. Just had hoped it would be today.

Yesterday 37 minutes on my lunch in our gym at work and 1 mile walk. Ate about 900 calories and worked all last night at a festival with tons of walking around.

Have a great day!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 AM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopeating View Post
Okay just a quick post, I'm off to work. I weighed myself this morning and I've only lost 2 1/2 pounds in two weeks. I am not happy but I'm trying to ignore it. My body seems to take a long time to figure out I'm serious about dieting. My clothes are definitely fitting better, I can breath again. I have been working sooooo hard with exercise and diet, so I hope in a few days I will have a big loss. Just had hoped it would be today.

Yesterday 37 minutes on my lunch in our gym at work and 1 mile walk. Ate about 900 calories and worked all last night at a festival with tons of walking around.

Have a great day!
Hi StopEating :-)

That's terrific that you have a gym at work.

Reading Fitness for Dummies, they advise that eating too few calories (under 1200 cals. per day) is NOT good for weight loss, as it may put your body into "starvation mode", which may make your body hang on to every single pound.

I think you mentioned last week eating 400 calories one day (was that a typo) *jaw dropping*. So if you are exercising, too, on top of the very low cals ... ??? Maybe someone with more knowledge can offer more info.

900 cals doesn't sound too healthy, gal!

DollyPie & Canuk:

Hi! *waves*

Last edited by Ladiibbug; 08-17-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:46 AM   #58  

Calories this week have been 1200 - 1700, with daily fat % around 25% or less.

I had a large DiGiorno pizza, Spinach, Mushroom & Garlic (heaven!), but I ate 1/2 one day, and 1/2 the next. Instead of all at once

300 cal per serving (1/6 of lg. pizza), and with no meat, the fat cal per svg. = 80. Definitely within my cal. budget if I eat FF the rest of the day :-)

This coming Monday I'll weigh in. It's been two weeks, so I'm very anxious to see how it's going. I might have to buy a scale. But I don't want to get all crazy about weighing myself every day.

Question: What is air popped popcorn? I guess that means no oil. I cannot find any microwave popcorn that says "air popped", so I bought the 94% FF, the lowest I could find.

I'm off to walk the longer route, 1.4 miles. Walking more briskly.

Hope everyone is doing well :-)
Old 08-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #59  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I will read later. i am pretty irritated with myself, cals have been way higher than planned. Don't know if its cause I have been drinking diet pepsi or not. They had a sale on it .60 cents each! I should just stick with the diet rootbeer!

uggghhhhhhhhh

Just got back from a 90 minute, no day off today so I can try to make up for it.

Got to run to an apt.

Have a great day everyone!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:39 PM   #60  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

I went to the park and walk/ran for 15 minutes this morning. I still have working out to do today. I REALLY need to focus more on strength training. It isn’t getting done and I need to do it. Have you ever seen those people running who skin on their legs and arms is just...well...flabby. I wanna be a runner, but I don’t wanna look like that. Nothing flopping in the breeze except my ponytail for me! I wanna be a firm runner!

Today was final weigh in and my average was down by 2 pounds! Whoo Hooo! My average weight is now 214. I weighed in this morning at 212! That made me feel good!

Plans for this afternoon. Go to the bank cash my measely, little, child support check I got from DS1's father yesterday. He hasn't paid in a month and a half and I got a check for $37.80....Whatta @$$! I am broke as a joke so I am off to the grocery store with my 37.80 to buy food! Then home, collect the kids and work out. After that I don't know...

Everyone have a great weekend! I will post again tomorrow!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote