Old 08-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #16  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Sd gal that actually sounds good!

Well I am down a few pounds, but my scale is smashed so i am guestimating 208 now. Ran my stats over a 7 day period from the 4th til the 10th and what I ate plus exercise burnt cals etc equaled 2.69 pounds should of been gone. So i clocked it at 2 and am ready to roll again. Oh cal average was 1550 for that 7 day period! Yeah me!!!!

The kids were gone on the weekend and we went out to dinner and a movie. I did pig a bit on the food, mexican, my fav. Anyhow had to guestimate but I rounded up and it was no more than 2390 cals. And with maintenance with wlaking at 3051 I could afford a day like that.

Yesterday was 1535. Today.....had an annoying morning /afternoon. That high school campus is HUGE and no one knows where the oofice is! We must of walked a mile and dragging 4 kids with me, not fun, only to be told her old school didnt send 350 kids' paperwork so I had to go to central enrollment and etc, etc......

By that time I had to drive back to MY town to take the two middle ones to school then drive BACK.ugghhhh I hope that is done and when I asked if she can go to orientation tomorrow, they don't know if her paperwork will be ther or not and this is after I woke up at the crack of dawn to drive joey to work, and I know I am whining and I am sure glad I have a car. lol Or it would really be bad. Ill stop.

Need to go get him soon.

Went to taco bell for lunch as a treat.

1 cup kefir and coffee fpor breakfast, a nacho bell grande for lunch, normally do not eat that much for lunch andy more and was thinking of getting the small one next time. *shrug* VERY delicious though!

I have 600 cals to spare for dinner time and am trying to watch the fat % cause that is already high so chicken and veggies does sound good. hmmnn...
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies ~

What is the elliptical?
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:10 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/129/115

Height: 5'5'

Ehh, not really following any "plan", just trying to eat better foods. Lots of Lean Cuisines!!!!
blondeblueeyedbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

ladiibbug - An elliptical is like riding a bike standing up. It's a great work out machine!

Jasmine - The school thing is always soooo frustrating to me. They keep you guessing! Are you going to get a different scale or leave it alone?

sdgal - Your food plan sounds really good to me!

lodyangel- I'm going to give the ck25 a try starting this weekend. It definitely will be a challenge!

Reddytogo- Good job, just remember one bad moment, forget it and move on.

Yesterday I Had about a 1600 calorie day and 18,000 steps in!!
Today I've had 1000 calories and 9500 steps along with 10 glasses of water.

I was able to cancel my sons computer order after holding for 45 minutes today! He found one at Circuit City that we will get on Wednesday.

Eight more days til he is off to college.
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Welcome blondeyeblueeyed!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #21  
I AM healthy!

Sounds good blondeyed beauty.

Morning ladies!!

stopeating
Quote:
Jasmine - The school thing is always soooo frustrating to me. They keep you guessing! Are you going to get a different scale or leave it alone?
Yeah I am still frustrated w/ the school thing thank God she is coming from a "feeder school". Basically her stupid school did not send out the small packet to 350 kids so everyone from that school is not registered at the high school. When I went to central enrollment they gave me the packet, took her picture and I turned it in but they could not tell me if they would have her stuff ready for orientation today and to call the school. Well i did, 10 times! 5 different numbers and no one ever answers, just machines and I left 4 messages! No one called back.

I am going to call this a.m. and see if the central place I can get thru and find out. I took dh to work again and am back and I figure if nothing else, I can take her to get her notebooks, folder, pencil stuff she wanted.

I am getting so PISSED about my walks though! I normally hit the pavement at 6:30 or 7:00 for 90 minutes and it is in the 100's out here any later! My dh had promised to take me for a walk last nite but he was tired and he works, ya know?

Last nite after being out in the heat all day and waking up even earlier, we had dinner by 6:00 and I was out by 7:00!!! Woke up at 9:30 and back in bed by 11:18.

I HAVE to figure out my walk today!

The scale i think I will get another one maybe when I get to 190 or so. I am goping to take measurements and my dd has a monthly apt with doc fo her blood pressure. I weighed last time I was there, I remember it was a few pounds different than mine at home. I do not think it is more reliable though. When I was pg before(miscarried) my docs scale there always showed me 18 pounds LESS than the scale at home!!! When my aunts came up(2 ladies who watch their weights like a hawk) they both got on the scale and got the same reading as they do at home.

So I knew my scale was accurate. Anyways, dd's docs scale is showing me at more than my home scale was so I will look back on the date and what that weight said and what my fitday said I was that day and subtract. And see what the difference is.

Bottom line is I will have a point of reference.

Okay so cals yesterday were 1715. I am going to TRY for 1400 today.

Glad to hear the computer thing is getting straightened out. How far away is his schoiol? I bet youll miss him!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:02 AM   #22  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiibbug View Post
Hi Ladies ~

What is the elliptical?
I have never used one. But some kind of exercise equipment. Maybe for walking?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #23  
I AM healthy!

Well my body is looking so much better lately! My face is looking leaner, I can feel my collar bones and my shoulders are more defined, my belly is getting flatter. I am feeling so much better. I think I should try to stick to 1400 for a few days see if I can jumpstart some more off. Last week my cal average was 1550 for 7 days and this week my average is higher for 3 days and I need to drag that back down.

Aug 11 2390
Aug 12 1535
Aug 13 1715
=5640/3 = 1880 average a day

If I do 1400 for the next 4 days I will wind up with an average of 1605 all 7 days. I MUST DO THIS!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
I have never used one. But some kind of exercise equipment. Maybe for walking?

An elliptical is a combination treadmill and stair stepper/glider. It works your whole body. I FREAKIN' LOOOVE IT!
SD Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #25  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

I did W4D2 of C25K this morning. It was great! It was sooooo much easier this time around. My last 5 min run felt so good, I didn’t stop when time was up I just kept running until I got back to my car. I didn’t want to stop then either, but had to since I had to go to work. My last run ended up being 7 mins! I felt like I could have run forever. It’s a good feeling!

The only problem this morning was the temperature. It was 58 degrees and my hands were hurting from the chill by the time I got done. It’s suppose to be 90 today. I never dreamed I may have to invest in gloves so early! lol!

Well I will be back later to read everyone’s posts. I’m at work and don’t have time right now! Everybody have a great day!

(((HUGS)))
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

RE: Elliptical

EEEkkk. My thigh muscles are screaming just thinking about it!

I walked a long walk on Saturday & yesterday my "laundromat route" - walking my dogs while my doing my wash. Must check mileage & record.

I'm kinda stumped alot of the times with eating. I'm hungry, but don't know what to cook. I used to buy sooo many frozen pizzas, Hot Pockets, Marie Calendar frozen dinners ... and I ate so many doughnuts & sweets. Sandwichs on 100% whole wheat bread & lean meat are getting a bit boring.

I'm out of the habit of doing much cooking other than pasta. I like to cook, with simple recipes -- fewer than five ingredients. Will browse online and library cookbook section.

Hope everyone is having a good day ~
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #27  
I AM healthy!

Hey melody , sdgal and ladibug!

Well I know what ya mean ladibug. I get tired of stuff to and have to shale things up a bit. Since you like the convenience of frozen foods at times have you tried lean cuisine? I haven't but some people like them.

Pasta, my dh loves pasta and I am having it once a week and just really watching my portions. Like last nite I counted out 1.5 servings of mostaccioli, 1 cup of hunts chunky vegetable sauce(.50 cup is 50 cals), I had 1 french bread hoagie looking thing and 1 tbs butter with parmesan, garlic and onion powder. NO MEAT.

You know you have to make this plan something you can stick to! Usually a few days I do chicken, veggies, brown rice, alot of times I make spanish rice out of it. Some days Ill throw a few corn tortillas and have chicken tacos(not fried) When we do have bean and cheese burritos I portion it out and use an ounce of cheese. Mozz has even less fat than cheddar.

When we make burgers at home I get the 4% fat ground beef. Sometimes we make it at lunch and I get one of those potato buns, or onion buns, so yummy, anyhow two pattys and some cheese, mustard and Ill throw on a side salad and you know what? I usually wind up splitting it in half and saving half for dinner.

I found some whole wheat francisco rolls, kind of like hoagies at the store, last time they were out so we got the white ones...anyhow make your own meatball subs! We were thinking of doing that. I have a recipe for making 5 pounds of meatballs and freezing them. We use ground turkey(just make sure you get the lower fat variety)

Something I LOVE and will usually eat 2-3 times a week is home made chili beans! It is kind of warm right now though. They are very filling and very healthy.

This has to be livable and if I thought I could not eat tacos or sphgetti or pizza or burgers again I would go insane. There are some foods for me that are trigger foods though so I do need to watch those. Like potatoes for instance. So I limit myself to once a week. I usually try to keep red meat to 1-2 a week.

WHat I also try to do is have 1-2 pieces of fruit for breakfast, a yogurt or kefir, a sandwich around lunch time, maybe some nuts and basically eat a little bit bigger dinner around 4:00. It is working for me. Some people need it more evenly distributed. Just do what works for you!
Old 08-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #28  
I AM healthy!

Well I did get maybe 30 minutes in yesterday between her HUGE campus and the park to see dh at lunch time. So ill clock that.

Took her down at 8:00 and talked to someone who knew something finally. She said to go ahead and let her stay for orientation and that the phone system within the whole district is down and they are putting a new one in. *sigh*

I will pick her up at 12:00 and hopefully they will have her in the system now and we can get a schedule for her. We'll see. I dropped her off, dropped off sandwiches for Joey, dropped the other kids back off in this town at 8:30, got home by 8:35 and she don't need to get picked up til 12:00 so I said, GREAT I and Katy can go for a walk. Even though it was already 84 degrees

Grab the zune start pushing the stroller and guess what? 2 songs and it is dead!!!!! Ugghhhhhhh. How am I going to walk 90 minutes pushing a stroller and in that heat and NO MUSIC!!!! Yeah I was irritated. So walked a different way around the complex, which was 25 minutes, came back, plugged the zune in, walked around once more. SO I got 50 minutes in so far today. I hope later I can grab the zune and go for another 30, we'll see.

I need to jum on the shower soon and get ready to get kass at 12:00, stop and say hi to joey at the park and then go get her some folder/pencil stuff.

I had 1 cup of kefir and am on my 2nd cup of coffee.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #29  
I AM healthy!

Oh and it is 92 already at 10:15 and they said plan on 104!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 PM   #30  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Laddibug: Most lean cuisine dinners are good. Also the south beach diet ones are decent also. Watch the fat on those cause it tends to be higher since SB likes all the good fats. I usually eat several SB dinners a week. I am watching total calories and total food consumed versus fat grams. I find you can lose weight just by cutting back on calories. So I don't watch my fat grams.

Jasmine is right about doing what works for you. I don't eat breakfast (Breakfast triggers binges later in the day for me), and I eat a very light lunch usually under 500 calories and for dinner I eat whatever I want. But I am sensible about it. I don't eat a Big Mac every night. But I don't sweat it if I eat something a little more fattening. And I am having success with it. I am losing weight and I can stick to this. I tried low carb, WW, counting fat grams, diet pills, everything... and this is the first thing that I feel like that I can stick with long term. Also pay attention to trigger foods. I found one in the 100 calorie pack hostess cupcakes. Those little bites of heaven would cause major binges in me. It took awhile before I figured out was triggering it. SO now I stay away from those little bites of ****, and have been binge free for well over a month now. I suggest keeping a food diary. A pain in the butt, but until you get it all together it can help you keep track of what you are eating- or not eating.

Jasmine: If you limit red meat you should try the (veggieburger) Portabella burgers. I can not think of who makes them. I get them at Wal-Mart. They are really good, and you if you dress them up with all the fixins you can almost believe they are the real thing!

104!! It's suppose to be 92 here today! And to think at sunrise this AM it was 58!

I forgot to mention earlier that I swam for an hour last night doing 40 laps (not as inpressive as it sounds, as the pool is only 28 feet wide), and doing arm exercises and running some in the water. So that with todays' 30 mins (thus far) here is my updated ticker...

lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote