Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - August '07

Good Morning Crazies . . . . . .

Well it's a brand new day and a brand new month . . . so . . .

. . . here we are at our new chat thread for the current month.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can, as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . .
Old 08-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #2  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Smile

Linda, it's only supposed to be cooler today - 28C for a high. For the rest of the week we're back into the mid-30's. Yuk! At least today was nice for exercise.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Morning all, and happy August!

It's supposed to be hot here today - 30+ I think. Should make my first night of beach volleyball extra fun! I'm a little nervous about playing - I'm not sure how I'll do, fitness-wise, with all the running around in the sand!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Good morning all ,

things are good over here. Weigh-in was yesterday and i gained 1 lbs. I have committed to starting detox next week . I really need to get all this sugar out of my body; meanwhile 1 week vacation left so I will simply try and enjoy myself without going overboard.

Practiceliving - I hope you had fun last night at volleyball. let us know how you made out.

got to go go go !!! annette
Old 08-02-2007, 07:54 AM   #5  
Getting there...

Well yesterday was a lousy day on the eating front. AF arrived (not a great excuse) early and I BINGED! *sigh* So of course today I feel lousy but time to get back on track!

On a better note, although it got back to 30 again yesterday afternoon, this morning is another cool one, much better for everything!

Snuggles to all,
Jax
Old 08-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #6  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

I'm going to re-set my August mini-goal; I missed August 1st by 2 pounds, and I found myself thinking "Well, now I'll have to lose TWELVE pounds by September 1st..." Not a great start, so let's take a trip back to the real world!

Right - so, 7 pounds for August, and if I pass it, GREAT!

Have a great day, all!

Heather
Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 AM   #7  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Sounds like a reasonable goal, Heather . . . good luck . . .

Not quite as hot and sticky this morning . . . but weather station says it is only a one day cooler thing . . . back to hot again tomorrow.

Anyway, hope everybody has a great day . . . see you later
Old 08-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #8  

Chocco - I had a gain too. We've just got to get back on track!

Jax - Sometimes we just can't beat TOM, eh? Today is a new day though, so you'll get back at it.

Heather - great goal, and good attitude too!

As for me - I had a 1.5lb gain this week, which I am a little baffled by. The only thing I can think of is that it might be temporary because I overate last night after volleyball. Playing was GREAT - I'm *sooo* glad I signed up. It's going to be a great workout, I think, and my teammates are awesome. Unfortunately, I was a bit airheaded and forgot my dinner in the fridge at work... by the time we hit the pub afterwards I was ravenous, and my plan for one diet-coke-and-rum turned into a help-the-team-eat-nachos-and-wings situation.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi all you Crazy Canucks,

I've been chatting in a few of the other groups and kind of lurking here so I thought I'd come out in the open. My name is Denise & I'm a single mom of two boys 17 & 20 - both still at home. We live in Winnipeg.

I 'do' Weight Watchers for the points but I also try to eat as healthful as possible. For exercise, I do elliptical or walk/jogging for cardio about 4 times/week and weights 2 times/week.

We are having a beautiful day today after about a week of 40ish humidex. It is so nice to go outside and be able to breathe.

Talk soon,
Old 08-02-2007, 04:09 PM   #10  
Onward and Downward

Hi Marianne . . . . . . not to down-play the nacho and wings, kiddo; but all the heat and humidity we've been having on both coasts can definitely lead to a bunch of water retention too . . . at least it always does for me.

Hi Denise . . . . . . to the Crazy Canucks . . . glad to have you joining us. Breathing is a good thing . . . I do so hate that feeling of being under-water all the time.

Later gang . . .
Old 08-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I know where the Winnipeg humidty went!
Old 08-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #12  
Onward and Downward

Oh gee, SUSAN . . . That means you'll be sending it to me really soon. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #13  

Welcome to the club, Denise.

Meowee - that's true, I hadn't really thought about the heat lately. It has gone up a few degrees this week, so that may be it. Either way - I'm getting back on the wagon, drinking my water today, eating smart, and I have a date with the first episode of Alias Season 5 and the stationary bike tonight.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #14  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

It's hot . . . it's humid . . I'm tired . . . I'll send you a postcard from NUTZ because I think that's where I'm headed

See you later . . .
Old 08-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #15  
Getting there...

Linda - I'll meet you there!!

It's not humid (according to my thermometer thingy) but it's HOT AGAIN - Yuk, yuk, yuk. The one day where we had a cool morning this week has given me unrealistic expectations, and now I'm being super grumpy about the heat.

On a better note, I made an awesome yummy shake this morning - vanilla slimfast, milk, mango and raspberries. I've been using slimfast since May - it was a convenient way to get myself into losing, plus I was super busy at the time - and stressed (going through initial stages of what led to a diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome in my eldest son) so it has helped. Now I've been using FitDay for a while I'm not eating the slimfast nearly so much (it's a tool, that I'm outgrowing - although happy with having used it) and am finding ways to use up the last of it. Today's shake was so yummy, I almost wanted more - although realistically I know I can make it as yummy and nutritious without the slimfast too.

Anyhow enough on that. We're off to Athabasca for the weekend and coming home with another Lab - a sibling (different litter, same parents) for the one we have now. Someone to play with. The boys are excited and it will be nice to be somewhere cooler - at least according to forecast.

Snuggles to all - have a great weekend!
Jax
Closed Thread