Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,

My day is sure filled up since I got my little house guests. I'm not sure if I told you but I'm babysitting my sister's two cats for a couple of months. They are very cute but also very rambunctious. It's going to take a while for both of us to get used to each other.

Jax - too bad about the ankle. I hope it heals fast. I can see why it would happen - these little monkeys are always under my feet.

Well, I guess I should go see if they've eaten a plant or something,

Talk soon,
Old 08-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Good evening all ,

So my headache has pretty much stuck around much of the day . I thought i was feeling better so i went to eat at Boston Pizza with my friend before the movie but I ended up having to call my husband to come get me in town , I thought i was going to throw up and my eyes and head were just pounding / throbing . Anyway I think if it can rain I should feel better , I hope anyway .
talk to you all later .

Gosh Jax I hope you are back to excercising soon . ( feeling better in other words). Our cat is always between our legs . I think we've been lucky so far.

Good night all !!

Annette
Old 08-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Good Evening, All!

REALLY sticky here in MA this evening. Today was hot, but not nearly as humid as it is now about 10:00 p.m. Whew!

I've taken a big step today (for the better)! I've decided to stop working for the family for whom I've been baby-sitting for the past 3 years. It was just getting to be a hassle; I love them dearly (the boys are 9 and 14, and the older one is high-functioning autistic), they're good friends, but they just don't appreciate me or have respect for my time. I would baby-sit their 2 boys after school during the school year, and mostly full-time in the summers, but they just don't have any appreciation for the needs and requirements of a single parent. C'est la vie. I'm sure something else will come along. But it had better come along soon!

Jax and Meowee - Thanks for the "sig" info. I don't really have anything profound to say, but it was bugging me that I didn't know where to type the text! Jax, take care of that ankle. Let someone else do the "puppy shuffle" for awhile!

Annette - Wow, it sounds like a horrific migraine! Migraines can be brought on by many things, including changes in barometric pressure and other assorted weather changes. I hope you're feeling better!

Catherine - Can you believe I have to travel all the way to Maine (from Massachusetts) if I want Tim Horton's coffee?? It's not fair! Dunkin' Donuts just isn't the same.... I also miss hot turkey sandwiches from Irving, but that's probably for the better....

It's so hot and humid that I feel sloth-like, and like I'm gaining weight just from the humidity! But, happily, cooler air is on the way!

Good night, All!

Em
Old 08-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #79  
Catherine

S/C/G: 446/389/200

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimehockey View Post
Catherine - Can you believe I have to travel all the way to Maine (from Massachusetts) if I want Tim Horton's coffee?? It's not fair! Dunkin' Donuts just isn't the same.... I also miss hot turkey sandwiches from Irving, but that's probably for the better....
Really? Aww That sucks. I've never even had Dunkin Donuts before since we don't have it here at all I've got 5 tim hortons within less than 5minuts drive that I can choose from.

I must say I was quite pleased with myself tonight. The triple chocolate cheesecake was pleading to me to buy it but I resisted and just had a coffee. And while having coffee that late probably isnt the best thing, atleast its better than if I ate something too

BTW..Irving breakfasts.. I havent had one in years..damnit now I want one
Old 08-17-2007, 05:49 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Irving big stop . Yummie !!! Chocolate Eruption cheesecake !!!

Oh yeah , Good morning everyone . I am feeling better this morning lets hope it stays that way for a while . I wish everyone a great and good kind of eventful day.

Annette
Old 08-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #81  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone!

Well the ankle feels better again today, yesterday was OK as long as I didn't twist it or do anything stupid. I did some weights (upper body only) but without my DVD as motivation it wasn't a great workout. I'm going to keep resting it today, then maybe tomorrow I'll do my ripped DVD without the lunges/squats rather than trying to do something myself. That way I keep the ankle unstressed but still get in something of a workout.

Em - something will come along soon. Good luck!

Annette - I hope that headache leaves you alone soon.

Tim Horton's is only in Medicine Hat, not here, but the boys always want to go there if we're in town. We usually end up at the one in the hospital when Andrew has his speech therapy appointments. It's OK if it's cool, I just have coffee, but if it's really hot out I'm tempted by the ice-caps. Made with milk not cream of course, but still 150 calories for a small one.

I have no idea what Irving's is. Must be an eastern thing, since I've never seen one here.

Have a great day everyone,
Jax
Old 08-18-2007, 03:14 AM   #82  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

Irving is a Maritimes (New Brunswick based) Oil Refinery. They own an awful lot (most) of the gas stations in the Atlantic Provinces and a lot in Quebec as well. The Irving Big Stop restaurants are also all over the place in the Eastern part of the country. They are famous for the size of their portions -- probably enough food to serve two in most cases -- their fish and chips are fantastic, but be sure to request a side plate so you can offload some of the food; otherwise you have no room to even fork-cut your fish. Their sandwiches and toast are home-made bread which is cut about an inch thick -- Diet friendly they are NOT.

Later . . .
Old 08-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #83  
Catherine

Yes, and if we were travelling across the province and needed to stop for breakfast, we would only stop at Irving, hence our family dubbed "Irving Breakfast". The Irving in Deer Lake is the best one i've been to. All the truckers stop there too.

Its really windy here today, but atleast the sun is shining
Old 08-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #84  
Onward and Downward

Things are a little brighter around here, weather-wise. Unfortunately, I'm still nursing a head-ache. Even more unfortunately, I think all the kittens are nursing a grudge about their surgeries. "Somebody" urinated on my bed yesterday. This morning, I found a 'wet' cushion.

See you later . . .
Old 08-20-2007, 12:00 PM   #85  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .
Old 08-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #86  
Catherine

Hi!

Kinda chilly here today, but the sun is still shining, so I'm not gunna complain!

I just got off work..man my feet hurt. I wore these stupid shoes and I was walking around the store for 7 hrs. Uggggggghhhh.. (I work at AdditionElle/Penningtons). What a crappy day. I can't wait to get back to university come the fall. I'm getting sick of the store!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #87  
Onward and Downward

Chilly here too . . . high was only 18 . . . but we had sun (most of the time(, too.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi all - sorry for not popping in much lately. I'm sick with a stinking cold. Who gets a cold in the summer? Sheesh. Anyways, it's put exercising on hold in a big way, but it's also killed my appetite completely. Maybe those two will balance out and I will at least maintain while I'm sick?
Old 08-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #89  
Onward and Downward

Hope you feel better soon . . .

Hope everybody else is having a good day . . .
Old 08-22-2007, 01:26 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Hi, All -

It's mighty quiet 'round these parts! I hope everybody is enjoying a last "summer fling"!

I've been incredibly busy since the end of last week, when I parted ways with the family for whom I used to babysit. On Saturday, I sat for two kids, ages 3 and 5 (along with my Daughter, who is 4), from 12:30 to 10:30. From 3:45 until 8:30 on that day I also had the next-door neighbors' kids, who are 2 and 6. On Sunday, I baby-sat for two kids, ages 2 and 5, from 6:30 until 10:00. And all this week, I'm sitting for two kids, ages 2 and 4, from 9:00 a.m. until 1:50, and then two OTHER kids from 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm also cat- and house-sitting for a family about 30 minutes from my town? If I didn't like coffee before, I love it now!

Ah, the joys of being a single, low-income parent! But at least I have the work, and I'll be able to pay the rent in September.

Has anyone ever had a vitamin B12 shot? I'm wondering if they work (to boost energy)? My stress level is at an all-time high, and it's interfering with my sleep (yes, it really IS almost 1:30 a.m.!).

Well, I hope Everyone is enjoying August. At least the weather here has cooled off; it's just perfect, cool and sunny!

Boy, if I ever needed an "Irving Breakfast", it's right about now!

Meowee - Perhaps you could leave a little "present" of your own on some of the Kitties favorite places to nap?

PracticeLiving - Summer colds were pretty common here this past July. I wonder what the deal is??

Good night, All!

Em
Closed Thread