Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #46  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . .

This has been one of the nicest days so far this summer. Yesterday's weird rain and wind finally seems to have blown away some of the crud. Hope it lasts.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone,

Another muggy day. I'm almost wishing for winter.

We had quite the thunderstorm last night - 100 km winds & hail. Many trees around the city knocked down, 10000 people lost power - some still don't have it back. I feel very lucky. I got a bit of water in the basement - that's it.

Not too much else new.

Hope everyone as a great weekend.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #48  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Thought I'd stop in before I go out and about to enjoy what looks like another almost perfect summer day here in northern Nova Scotia . . . wow, I hope we can handle two in a row.

Hope everybody else has a great day dawning . . . see you later . . .
Old 08-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #49  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all,

Cooler again this morning! A big t-storm in the Hat yesterday (pix of flooding shown online) which somehow managed to miss us only 40 km SE. Gotta love Alberta weather!! Settie - how are things in the 'Peg? Is your basement often wet? We got water once in our basement when we were in Fort Nelson, it sucked.

Feeling LOTS better this morning after 3 days of less-interrupted sleep (and my coffee of course ). Took both dogs (separately, otherwise we have macrame) for a walk last night, although it's less exercise than I was doing pre-puppy it felt good. Plan on getting weights in today - if Kodiak will stay quiet in his crate for a while.

2lb gain this week but not unexpected. More positive attitude though so feeling back on track despite the scale. Fitting into my smallest jeans (size 12) probably helped! I'm planning on them getting just as loose as my others have. My 14s now will come down without unbuttoning (not good with small boys hanging on my leg). I'm too old for the underwear hanging out look!

Well now I have a 10lb loss to make it to 167 by the end of the month. Gonna try!

Jax
Old 08-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hey all - just a quick check in to say that i'll be spending my weekend playing ball, because somehow my baseball team pulled out TWO wins last night. WOO HOO!
Old 08-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Hi, All -

I'm glad the weather's turned for the better. It's an absoutely gorgeous day here on the shore, and I hope everyone's enjoying the same, no matter where you are!

How do I add text to my ticker??

Have a great day, One And All!

Em
Old 08-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #52  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Linda,
Hey! I found a familiar "face!"
Hi, everyone else. My name is Diana. My ticker tells my story, I guess. I've lost a total of about 42-43 altogether (over the course of about 3 years, trying off and on--okay, more off than on.) I've just had a total abdominal hysterectomy (7-26-07) after a failed laprascopic attempt at a hysterectomy (frozen pelvis caused by stage 4 endometreosis--look it up--it's as bad as it sounds) plus had my gallbladder removed at the same time as the abdominal hysterectomy. I'm 2+ weeks out of surgery (it was 2 weeks Thursday) and I have two places in my 14" incision that have gotten infected (I wonder how much my FAT ROLLS have contributed to the infection because both places are in or right close to creases. One is a very, VERY large place...probably 1 1/2"-2" long place, probably 3/4" deep. The other place is very tiny, Thank God!!!
Anyway, since surgery I've lost 10 lbs (maybe 11 or 12...didn't weigh before surgery on my scales, so I'm not positive what I weighed on them beforehand.) My 8 yr old son commented to me yesterday, "Wow, Mom, you've lost a lot of weight." Then he put my arm around my waist and said, "I can really tell you've lost a lot when I put my arm around you!" I rejoiced! That was a bit of joy amidst all the stress since my surgeries have begun. I had my laprascopic surgery July 2nd, the total abd. surgery July 26....two surgeries in three weeks, plus infection....plus they took both ovaries and I can't have any hormones until 6 weeks post-op. I cry when someone says, "BOO!"
AND, my husband just granted my request to go to the store and get me some chocolate....he brought home 16 fun size twix bars (the small ones) and a bag of assorted fun size candy bars (the kind with hershey bars, Crackles--or whatever they're called--, and Mr. GoodBar in them) I've eaten a bunch of candy (I'm surprised I'm not in a coma right now, matter of fact), but I think I deserve a sweet tooth, no matter how big, after everything I've been thru. As long as I don't do it again tomorrow, I guess.
Maybe that's why I can't quit typing...sugar rush! LOLOL
Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Hope to get to know everyone around here...maybe this thread won't die??
Diana
Old 08-12-2007, 08:43 AM   #53  
Onward and Downward

Hello there DIANA . . . you are hereby designated as an honourary Canadian . . . welcome to the Crazy Canuks Cluck Club. Hope you enjoy your new life up here in the frozen North. Talk about a major change.

So glad everything came out all right (all puns intended). You are sounding absolutely amazingly chipper for only just having had major surgery. Sorry to hear about the infection though. I'm scheduled for a complete hysterectomy on September 20; but I am considering cancelling it -- I have absolurely no pain and no spotting (since the original little period problem almost a year ago that started the whole thing) so I guess I'm just a big chicken about the whole thing. Don't want to trade feeling okay for lots and lots of pain and possible complications after the fact. I have a pre-op appointment at the hospital on August 30 which i think i will keep so I can talk to a nurse about stuff before I totally decide what I'm going to do. The GYN had told me before that it is only a very large fibroid tumour and not cancerous or anything.

Anyway . . . hi there to everybody else . . . Another nice sunny and fairly comfy day for northern Nova Scotia although the humidity is starting to sneak up again.

Hope everybody is having a great weekend. See you soon.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #54  

Good Morning, All!

Diana! You'll love it here. Everyone here is super supportive, and really nice, to boot! I'm so glad to hear that everything turned out fine. Meowee's right -- you DO sound chipper!!

My daughter and I are house- and cat-sitting here in town, but this house is right on the water. The only drawback is that, around 4:30 a.m., all the fishermen drive by here to get their boats out (our town has a good-sized commercial fishing community, in addition to the seasonal charter boats). Noisy! We'll be here for another week, and I'm sure I'll get used to it.

We had a great white shark take down a seal just off the beach in Chatham (Cape Cod). It scared alot of the swimmers, who had a front row seat for the "show". Alot of my friends from Montreal vacation on the Cape, but I bet there aren't too many people who want to see the food chain played out before their very eyes!

Speaking of the beach, we're off for the day. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, All!

Em
Old 08-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #55  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Linda,
I'd be glad to be in Canada right now....we're forecast to be between 100 and 102 degrees everyday until this coming up Saturday! We're literally roasting down here! Plus Louisiana's humidity is horrendous, which makes it only worse...I guess pressure cooked is more accurate than roasting. What are ya'lls temps like up there right now? (In Farenheit, if you know....I never learned how to figure from celsius to farenheit! silly me!)

LIttle nervous this morning....I think my infected places are a little more sore. They told me that is a bad thing...I'm hoping it's digestive pains and not wound pains....hope to know here shortly.

Thanks for the welcome, ya'll! It's great to be back!

Still high on sugar,
Diana
Old 08-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #56  
Catherine

S/C/G: 446/389/200

Height: 6'2

Hello from Newfoundland!

..just noticed this Canadian thread so I thought I would stop by

Its currently around 18°C here this Sunday morning..which would make it around..eh..65°F

I think I would die at 100°F..thats like 40°C. Holy crap! I get really fed up when its like 28°C..so I cant imagine what that heat wave feels like. Hope your keeping cool and drinking lots of good ol' water.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #57  
Onward and Downward

How right you are EM . . . a day at the beach in my mind does NOT include watching nature at it's most basic levels . . . I mean, we all know it goes on, but we really don't want to see it happening.

Ugh, on your weather Diana . . . we had a few days in the past couple of weeks when the humidex was over the 100 mark, but nothing like what you've got all summer. Our temps right now are 'seasonal' for this time of year -- about 25C which is the mid to upper 70's, and the humidity is about mid-70% level too. Of course, come January or February we'll be below freezing and ready to come visit you in Louisianna. You take care of that incision, girl.

Later, gang . . .
Old 08-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,

Another beautiful day although a bit too humid. At least when the temps are in the mid 20's the humidity doesn't feel too bad.

BrokenButterfly - Hello and welcome.

GainingWeightInLa - Hello and welcome. Are you from Canada or do you just wish you were?

Meowee - As a uterine cancer survivor I have a bit of advice - if you don't want it that's fine. If you are really against having the surgery I would have them do a biopsy of any growth that they have found. I was also told that 'it is a very large fibroid tumour and not cancerous or anything' - to their surprise and mine once it had been removed and tested it was found to be cancerous. I'm not trying to scare you but until something has been physically tested they do not know for sure.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #59  
Onward and Downward

Hi there CATHERINE (BUTTERFLY) . . . welcome to the group . . . we are almost neighbours. Love the cat . . . I have one that looks a lot like that; his name is Mouse.

Thanks for the thoughts DENISE . . . now I've got even more stuff I'd better think about. You make an extremely good point . . . unfortuntely.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #60  

Good Morning, All!

Just a quick "hi" this morning before I head off to school and work.

Catherine!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Em
Closed Thread